TURBO JAMMERS!!!!

Options

Replies

• kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Thanks Erika. I will check that out when I get home. I keep looking at the ones they are using and I think they must cut off the excess to make it the correct size because that thing is huge.
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    I woke up and went for my 6 miler this AM! It was a lovely morning, a bit nippy but a great run! I just finished my oatmeal breakfast (man I love this...I do it everyday:love: ) Anyway, I usually get another workout done today some time but my mom and I are taking a trip to the city and going to the mall:happy: So I figure walking the mall, going to a few grocery stores and shopping all afternoon is pretty good in conjunction with my run today. I think it's becoming more routine and comfortable to just do one bigger workout (and maybe a few smaller ones) instead of pushing so so hard. I guess I've realized my weight will maintain this way just the same and I can relax a little more.:blushing: Also I guess my body is pretty satisfied between 1600-1700 cals/day...you probably don't really care, but this has been a big struggle for me to get my cals right:ohwell: Any thoughts? Should I still try to eat more? Some days I treat myself a little more, but for the most part I make sure I am eating whole foods, healthy carbs, etc.-the cleanest diet I can:smile:
    Anyway, I am just hanging out until after lunch..surfing the net a bit and getting some stray things caught up before I go! Have a great afternoon everyone! (And thanks for listening)
  • kholmes
    Options
    Morning everyone

I did Lean Circuit 3 this morning. My husband woke early and was watching and said WOW a few times with some of the exercises. Made me feel good but I hate when he watches me - I get self conscience

lilangel - great job on the run. sorry I don't have any advice on the calories. But I would love to hear what anyone else might have to say. I can't wait until I get to maintenance.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good afternoon Jammers! So Saturday has usually been a sorta "rest" like day for me lately where I really just do a TJ in the AM and then relax the afternoon. Well this AM I woke up a little more pumped and the weather was GORGEOUS! A lovely sunny, warmer fall morning..I just couldn't pass it up! So I ventured out on what was to be a shorter run-well I got to my marking point of 4 miles and just pushed for my whole 6. Haha! It was just SO nice! When I got in I ate my awesome oatmeal breakfast-added a few dried figs in that I bought yesterday-YUMMY! I just can't seem to get enough GOOD FOOD! I LOVE this new lifestyle!!!!!!
    I relaxed the rest of the AM, ate my lunch and just felt up for some CE. And here I am..I just finished Push 2, a great workout! I am also currently baking a spaghetti squash for my dinner. I picked up some tempeh..so I am going to make Orange Pan-glazed Tempeh and put it over spaghetti squash..I hope it turns out yummy! Wow..I am just babbling sorry! I'm so pumped after that workout!:embarassed:
    Have a great afternoon ladies, I'll check back later to see how your days' went!
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been on here much! I've been back and forth between here and SparkPeople. Checking out both sites to see where I like to log my food/exercise best.

I was out of town for the last 2 days for work, but the hotel had a good fitness center, so got in some good workouts and brought my CE and bands :smile:

Lilangel--if you are maintaining your weight, I'd say where you are calorie wise is good. Unless, you are feeling really hungry or something else that would lead you to believe you need to add more!

Kimberly- Good job on the CE workout! Funny how the guys think it would be easy because a girl is leading it, but I actually find CE harder than P90X, as you have to focus more on form and go SLOW! P90X is much faster...easier to go fast with heavy weights!

Well, I'm off to relax for the evening. Have a good one!
  • gurl0411
    Options
    hi...
    I love Turbo Jam and I just wanted to be party of the conversations :smile:
  • aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    hi,
    I hope this doesnt sound too stupid, but whats turbo jam? lol. I've hit another plateau with my weight loss and have been thinking of new exercises to try. this seems like it might be really good. can someone give me some insight on it please? :bigsmile:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Turbo Jammers!

LilAngel- way to go on your run! I am amazed how how clean you eat! Its very inspiring!

Erika- way to work out while traveling!!!

So, this weekend was great- Saturday morning I always try to get the most intense workout in. I usually do a long run followed by strength training. My husband loves doing ChaLean Extreme with me, so its kind of fun. Tonight is a Turbo Kick night followed by Burn 1, I'm excited! Have a great Monday! I'm already looking forward to Wednesday because I get the day off for the Veteran's Holiday! Horrrray!
  • kholmes
    Options
    This weekend I opened up Turbo Jam and did the Learn & Burn. The CE moves are similar so I think I may skip the Learn & Burn when I start next week. My son came in the room and was dancing to the music. Can't wait for next week to start Jammin.

Last Week of CE. Did Circuit 1 this morning.

aabelein (great seeing you here) - Turbo Jam is an exercise program created by Chalene Johnson. It is a beachbody product if you want to look up the information.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i orded the turbo jam, i hope it comes soon. does everyone like the turbo jam and has anyone lost alot of weight with doing the turbo jam alone?
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Hey Girls!
    It was a pretty busy day at work-well the afternoon anyway! But I got a Lean 1 in tonight and it felt great! I am just picking a workout to do each night (either cardio or strength) because I am not on a set schedule anymore. It seems to be working out ok...I'd like to invest in some of the other TJ's..any suggestions? Tuesday PMs though I have been sticking with the Burn Intervals and Extreme Abs just because its a killer workout-:heart::happy:
    Porter-I DEFINITELY recommend TJ for weight loss! I started in January just doing TJ and had lost about 45lbs (I didn't even know I HAD that much TO lose!:laugh: ) Now I am currently about 112lbs (down from 167) but just finished my first round of CE since, plus I am a runner. Hope you enjoy it!!! Good luck!
    Dawna-Awesome run yourself! And thanks so much for the compliment-I've been trying to eat as clean as possible, and lovin' every minute of it!:tongue: It's really just realizing the more basic form of foods you eat-the better:smile:
    Kim-Great job with CE! I loved that feeling being sooo close to the finish! AH SUCCESS!:drinker:
    Erika-Way to kick it up on vaca! That HAS to feel good-keep it up girl!
    Have a great night all!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Lilangel- Have you loooked into the Turbo Kick Fan Volumes? They each have 2 full 60 minute workouts on them. I have the original "Rounds", but they are pretty much the same. They are a GREAT workout! I mix them up, and it keeps me from getting bored. Love them!

Hope you ladies had a good Monday! Today I am wishing I would have stayed in my warm bed this morning, its SO cold! Last night I did Turbo Kick Round 32 (I love the Finesse section..haha, Chalene is awesome!), and then me and my husband did CE Burn. We are both loving it!

I've done pretty well with my workouts, I haven't been "cheating" myself, and making sure I am doing all that I can to make my workouts more intense and burn more calories. I am currently doing an intense cardio workout 3 days a week for 45-60 minutes, and then I am doing cardio (40 minutes) combined with strength training (40 minutes) 2-3 days a week. Now that I have mixed in my strength training a little more I am seeing a LOT more results! So far I have lost 11 pounds in 11 weeks...so I'm feeling like this is working, and I'm going to keep doing this until I reach a plateau and then I'll have to adjust my program. I've been really working on listening to my body to know when I've done too much, or when I need to do more. I LOVE Turbo.... for me it doesn't even feel like I'm working out, and I think thats what I love about it!
  • kholmes
    Options
    Tuesday morning Burn It Off.

lilangel - those are great results in TJ. I hope I have similar results. My original goal was 130. I am 3 pounds away. I have more to lose in my belly, arm, and thigh area so I am hoping TJ will give me those results. But CE did the trick for my plateau that I had been in forever.

porterbaby - congrats on your order. it did not take long for my order to come in. I am planning to start on monday

dawna - i just saw that your husband does CE with you. you are lucky you have that support. mine always says he does but never wakes up.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hey Girls!
    It was a pretty busy day at work-well the afternoon anyway! But I got a Lean 1 in tonight and it felt great! I am just picking a workout to do each night (either cardio or strength) because I am not on a set schedule anymore. It seems to be working out ok...I'd like to invest in some of the other TJ's..any suggestions? Tuesday PMs though I have been sticking with the Burn Intervals and Extreme Abs just because its a killer workout-:heart::happy:
    Porter-I DEFINITELY recommend TJ for weight loss! I started in January just doing TJ and had lost about 45lbs (I didn't even know I HAD that much TO lose!:laugh: ) Now I am currently about 112lbs (down from 167) but just finished my first round of CE since, plus I am a runner. Hope you enjoy it!!! Good luck!
    Dawna-Awesome run yourself! And thanks so much for the compliment-I've been trying to eat as clean as possible, and lovin' every minute of it!:tongue: It's really just realizing the more basic form of foods you eat-the better:smile:
    Kim-Great job with CE! I loved that feeling being sooo close to the finish! AH SUCCESS!:drinker:
    Erika-Way to kick it up on vaca! That HAS to feel good-keep it up girl!
    Have a great night all!

How did I miss the fact that you went from 167 to 112?? Holy cow that is AWESOME!! :flowerforyou: Way to go!! You look fabulous!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

dawna - i just saw that your husband does CE with you. you are lucky you have that support. mine always says he does but never wakes up.

Don't worry...if I did my CE workouts in the morning before work, I KNOW my husband wouldn't get up either!! Haha! :laugh: Congrats on your weight loss!! only 3 pounds from your original goal, that is AWESOME!! You look great!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Good Morning Turbo Jammers!!! I had the day off today...it felt GREAT! So, I went for a run, and ended up getting 5 miles in this morning!! It felt great! I did it in less than an hour, which was good for me today. Mornings are always the hardest for me to get my run in! Tonight I have my Cardio Pump class, which I am excited for...I already know I will be sore tomorrow. Since I have the day off and the house is clean, and my husband is at class, and I am saving my shopping money for Christmas...I might do some Turbo Kick. I have TONS of energy today!! Feels great!! Hope you are all having a grrrreat day!!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi Jammers,

What TurboJam workout are you going to do today??
  • kholmes
    Options
    I took yesterday off. This morning was Burn Intervals. Was not really into it but I pushed through anyway.

Hope everyone has a nice Thursday.
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for the compliments-:blushing: I am really really proud of myself as well:happy: Anyway, got in Burn2 and a 20-minute TJ this evening! Finally the weekend (for me) is here and I can rock out and do my long runs!:heart:
    Kim-I took yesterday off as well-Wednesdays are my usual "rest" day. I just hate that guilty feeling like...maybe I really should be exercising? BUT the body needs rest..so I did. And didn't even get that walk in with my friend...she got busy I guess:huh: Oh well!
    Dawna-Great job with the workouts girl! That's awesome!! I love those days I get so pumped and just keep pushing through-usually is my weekends when I am not at work.:tongue:
    I hope you all have a great night! Keep up the good work:glasses:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    I know what you mean about feeling guilty for the REST DAY! I always have to remind myself that my body needs the rest too!

Last night I did Turbo Kick Round 32 and it was a lot of fun. Chalene has a more dance-y Finesse portion and I love it! I don't know what it is...after working so hard and then busing a few moves. I like to dance when no one is watching! Haha!

Tonight is an incline/interval running night and then date night with the hubby! I step on the scale tomorrow morning...so I'm going to try to limit sodium intake, drink lots of water and eat well today! I'm excited, and nervous! Saturdays are my long-distance running days and cardio lifting. Sunday...my day of rest...and I love it!

Have a great weekend!!! I'll probably check in tomorrow as well... I am addicted to this site and entering my calories and hearing how all of my workout people are doing!!!