Unsupportive....wwyd?

Options

Replies

• 1973CJ5
    1973CJ5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My wife would give me a swift kick in the junk if I spoke that way to her!!! And I would deserve it.

Didn't his momma teach him some respect!??
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Ummmm that goes way beyond being unsupportive and enters the realm of verbal/emotional abuse! You should seriously consider looking for a way out of that relationship or at least some sort of marriage couseling.

Me personally, being from Mississippi, well, I know people... Cajuns... they'd never find that body! :devil:
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oh yuck :-(

I'm just afraid that I won't find anyone else... I don't feel attractive, at all.

He is always home or at work.. Never more than 30 mins late... :-(

The thought hurts so bad..
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Been with him for 5 yrs already? I have a hard time believing this is the first time his extreme assholeness was showing.
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Been with him for 5 yrs already? I have a hard time believing this is the first time his extreme assholeness was showing.

Denial on my part.. This isn't all that new, but it's way more often.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I'd say get out! Seriously I wasted 12 years of my life with a jerk (my ex husband). It took him cheating on me twice to leave but honestly if he talks like that to you he has no respect for you... And from my experience if they are insecure and accusing you it may be because they aren't trust worthy themselves.
  • smileitfeelsgood
    Options
    where do you live? I will be there ASAP , sounds like he needs a good butt whipping......
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    do you have anywhere (friend's) house you can go to for a while? He sounds like a jerk, maybe if you leave for a few days he'll realize how he screwed up and be more supportive and lose the attitude. Maybe you'll realize how special and beautiful you really are and realize that you really don't need him. Good luck to you!!!!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    You deserve better. Period.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    do you have anywhere (friend's) house you can go to for a while? He sounds like a jerk, maybe if you leave for a few days he'll realize how he screwed up and be more supportive and lose the attitude. Maybe you'll realize how special and beautiful you really are and realize that you really don't need him. Good luck to you!!!!

I fully endorse this. THere's no reason you should be living like this.
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    where do you live? I will be there ASAP , sounds like he needs a good butt whipping......
    I totally agree!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I won't tell you what to do, that is your own decision. But if I were in a similar position, I would begin preparing to separate and divorce. Your spouse is supposed to be a person who edifies you, not tears you down.

And remember, you're a young, very attractive woman who deserves to be treated with kind words and gentle hands. Don't believe for a minute that no one else would love you, because they would, and your husband doesn't.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

Let's roll.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This is not a healthy situation for you OR your children. Get out. I believed that crap 20 years ago when my marriage ended - that no one would want me. But it was a LIE. I am now a happy and newly married. So glad he left me - it broke my heart at the time but it was the best thing that ever happened for me and my kids. Care enough about your kids to get them out of this situation. Eventually he will turn on them.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    LEAVE.
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    DIVORCE!! Why are you with this jerk? Yeah, I understand you have kids with him and it's "easier said than done," but GEEZ! Get rid of him
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if my SO were to start that kind of thing with me I would have had the kids and myself packed quicker than that chicken could defrost. Nobody deserves to be talked to that way and it's all just his insecurities coming forward, because you are obviously none of those things he said.
  • kytte
    kytte Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    my husband is pretty unsupportive too, and we've been together for going on 7 years and have a 2 yr old daughter. but i'll be damned if he EVER talked to me that way he wouldn't deserve to be a part of my family at all! STRAIGHT UP put him in his place or leave! it is better to commit to yourself and your kids than to someone who doesn't know how to respect you!
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    LEAVE.

^^^Enough said.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Is your example real? If so, I'd consider leaving him if he treats you that way.