How do you eat your peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    On a spoon. On banana slices. With a sliced apple and some granola.

Right now I have skippy natural, but Im going to try smuckers natural next time since i recently looked at the label and sugar is the second ingredient. I live for peanut butter, I have at least a tablespoon a day... Today I had 3. Because I could. :)
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend grabs the biggest spoon we have, and piles as much on it as he can.. Usually 5-10Tbps, daily, twice a day sometimes. We go through 2KG of peanut butter every two weeks.. Somehow he's 140 pounds.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I eat 1tbsp Great Value Natural Peanut Butter with ... banana's or apples... in my oatmeal, cream of wheat, with flaxseed, by the spoon or on bread. :happy:
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp creamy PB on Ezekiel bread with half a smashed banana and cinnamon on top. Yummm!
    Or add 1 tbsp PB, sliced frozen banana and a couple tbsp fat free Greek yogurt (blend it all together) for an after workout "ice cream" treat.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like my peanut butter with an apple or a banana. Sometimes I mix it in shakes and oatmeal. I LOVE PB
  • astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    on a piece of toast topped with bananas or in my oatmeal along with chocolate protein powder or with a granny smith apple
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    On toasted Ezekiel and if I am craving sweets, I'll go ahead and mix it with a bit of maple syrup. I know it sounds strange, but it's something I grew up with (my dad's obssession).
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Try making a model version of Tokyo out of peanut butter, then make like Godzilla and rip that sucker up.
  • sherri321
    Options
    I eat peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches every day. It is my favorite sandwich, so I make sure it fits in my food for the day.

My husband said he and his brothers and sisters took PB & MW sandwiches to school every day. I thought he was crazy! Never heard of the combination before.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    On a rice cake. Sometimes in greek yogurt.
  • dizneedana
    dizneedana Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If I am really craving a candy bar or something salty/sweet I will put it on a spoon and put a couple chocolate chips in it to satisfy my sweet tooth. Mostly though I eat it plain or on toast.
  • LiliWray
    LiliWray Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love having a peanut butter and applesauce sandwich, with extra cinnamon!
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I eat one tablespoon in my oatmeal in the morning. I also have half a peanut butter and honey sandwich after running.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    By the metric ton! I love PB!!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I love PB2. It is a life saver!
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I only do 1 tablespoon and I will put it in a shake or on 12 grain bread or in my oats in the morning. If I have a lot of calories left for the day, sometimes I will have 2 tbsp.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Its great with celery or apple slices. A lot of my buddies put it in their oatmeal. Something I'm going to try myself

It is really good with oatmeal! Makes it even more filling! I add some peanut butter and a bit of milk and viola! From plain old oatmeal to deeeeelish!
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter but it's tough to enjoy this simple pleasure when 2 tablespoons equate to 190 calories - almost 200! So chowing down on a peanut butter dessert is even worse. Boo hiss! For those of you that keep a strict calorie allotment, and MUST have peanut butter in your diet, how do you manage to squeeze it in unscathed - still leaving enough calories for other foods throughout the rest of the day?

i have half a table spoon of PB in a coupe of ways. I like it on a celery stick, it's also nice when i spread it on my home made banana bread. Also tastes good on malt loaf, topped with banana. The key is to only use a little but pad it with stuff so it feels like a lot.
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I eat a tablespoon a day with my morning banana and I add some flax seeds to it! :) YUM
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter gets a bad rep. I eat it every day and it's part of a meal. Forget about it being 180 calories it's good for you. I use kraft unsweetened/unsalted and put it on toast usually but sometimes after a workout I'll just eat a spoonfull of it to get those exercise calories back and it's loaded with protein and good fats. I'll also spread it on saltine crackers too. IMO, people that scoff at eating peanut butter due to it's high calorie content are misunderstood about it's benefits and should be working it into their meal plans and not as an extra treat! ha ha. YUM!