How do you eat your peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    justin maple almond butter or smuckers natural pb .... 1 tbsp smack dab in the middle of a protein pancake sammich or fiber english muffin.... best with bananas and/or strawberries in the middle ... nummers
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    like this
    IMGP3699-1.jpg

i hope thats a finger

If it's not then that knuckle freaks me out!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Straight out of the jar with a spoon...... I train at CrossFit so thats where my extra calories come from.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    How do I eat my peanut butter? With a spoon!!!

(I also make my own. No sugar. Just dry roasted peanuts and a lot of mmmmmmmmmm).
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I reduce the calories of everything else that surrounds the peanut butter. I usually eat it on a sandwich thin with fresh berries (usually strawberry slices, but sometimes blackberries). So instead of over 200 calories in bread, it's only 100 and the berries are about a 1/4 which is almost no calories compared to a tablespoon of jelly which would be more!
  • 1234getgoing
    Options
    I also do not buy PB any more! It just keeps calling my name and I have to reply!! Out of sight, out of mind just does not work with me!!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    There you go! lol
    With a giant spoon
  • jlmorgan14
    Options
    I make peanut butter energy bites i found recipes on pinterest and that really curbs my peanut butter fix. Because I use it as one of my snacks during the day. It is about 163 calories depending on what you use to make it.

1 cup of quaker oats
    1/2 ground flax seed
    1/2 mini chocolate chips
    1/3 cup honey
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 natural jiff peanut butter
    (optional - coconut - makes calorie count higher, i don't use)
    Mix all ingredients in bowl really well and put bowl in fridge about 45 minutes.
    Take out and make into balls (inch in diameter- should make 10-11)
    Put in container in fridge and eat them with in a week ;)
    Great for the fiber, you all get sweet fix and they are just AWESOME!!
  • bearpawqs
    Options
    I will have it for breakfast on reduced calorie bread (well, at least most of the time) with either jelly or honey. I like it with honey about an hour before doing my run (3 miles). We have a preference for Reese's Creamy but I do like to get freshly ground peanut butter from the grocery store too. Then I know it is just peanuts! If you have a food processor it is so easy to make! Just thow the peanuts in and whirl away. Don't need to add anything since there is enough oil in them to do the trick. If you plan it and journal it there is no reason to feel guilty about it. It is a healthy food!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    With a spoon or on a PB&J sammich
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Right out the darn jar. Every. Single. Day.

BUT...It's reduced fat, I only get 2 tablespoons/day, and I close the jar lid immediately so I don't go back for more. This used to a be a problem food for me. I could eat it like cake batter! Nom nom nom. So I stopped buying it for a while. Fortunately, this is an NSV for me as I have taken control of my PB cravings!
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    TRY WALDEN FARMS ZERO CALORIE WHIPPED PEANUT SPREAD.

walden farms makes several things at zero calories. like salad dressings, ice cream toppers like chocolate and carmel (i recommend the carmel)

i cant say alot about the products because we just found them while grociery shopping at Krogers the other day. but the ceasar dressing is great, the carmel ice cream topping is amazing.

OH and they have pancake syrup.

the peanut spread would probably be better in a smoothie though. it looks a little shall we say slippery when you open the jar.

other then that use pb2. that was really good. but its pricey and i cant find it close by.

Zero calories? what is it, chemicals?

look up walden farms. they have been shown on tv and everything. they have a ton of other products that i didn't see in the store. we have finger taste tested everything we bought that day. so far we really like the ceasar salad dressing and the carmel. the honey mustard dressing was okay but im afraid the chicken i had with my salad didn't mix well with it.
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    With a giant spoon

Make that a cooking spoon! I go through a jar a week!
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    TRY WALDEN FARMS ZERO CALORIE WHIPPED PEANUT SPREAD.

walden farms makes several things at zero calories. like salad dressings, ice cream toppers like chocolate and carmel (i recommend the carmel)

i cant say alot about the products because we just found them while grociery shopping at Krogers the other day. but the ceasar dressing is great, the carmel ice cream topping is amazing.

OH and they have pancake syrup.

the peanut spread would probably be better in a smoothie though. it looks a little shall we say slippery when you open the jar.

other then that use pb2. that was really good. but its pricey and i cant find it close by.

Zero calories? what is it, chemicals?

look up walden farms. they have been shown on tv and everything. they have a ton of other products that i didn't see in the store. we have finger taste tested everything we bought that day. so far we really like the ceasar salad dressing and the carmel. the honey mustard dressing was okay but im afraid the chicken i had with my salad didn't mix well with it.

Zero calorie food freaks me out. Food is supposed to have calories!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Put a 1/2 tsp to atsp of PB in papered muffin tin
    melt no sugar added Fudgecicles (2)
    and pour over the pb
    then put in a freezer

South Beach receipe for peanut butter cups.

Delish!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's in my baked oatmeal in the mornings. Peanut butter is right behind chocolate for favorite flavors!

I also put it on toast (right out of the toaster, so it melts) and on celery sticks. Sometimes I lick it off a spoon, right out of the jar!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    <--- is just now reading the OP

I love peanut butter but it's tough to enjoy this simple pleasure when 2 tablespoons equate to 190 calories - almost 200! So chowing down on a peanut butter dessert is even worse. Boo hiss! For those of you that keep a strict calorie allotment, and MUST have peanut butter in your diet, how do you manage to squeeze it in unscathed - still leaving enough calories for other foods throughout the rest of the day?

I don't feel as though my calorie allotment is strict, so maybe that's why I can fit it in with no worries. I am between 1700-1900 (depending on how much exercise I fit in) On more than one occasion, I have saved up calories and exercised more in order to enjoy a dessert though.

In a few weeks, our family will be moving to a new house. I am planning to eat a Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait on that day, or perhaps the waffle bowl with fudge and peanut butter. I haven't decided yet.

I hope you get it worked out. Maybe your calories are too restrictive and you just need to exercise more? IDK
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    on melba toast or on whole wheat toast with raspberry jam...This is one thing I will not give up!
  • gotskilla
    gotskilla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a peanut butter junkie, I love all things peanut butter and eat it almost everyday. One of my favorite breakfasts is eating a whole grain waffle with some peanut butter and sliced banana on top. I will also make some oatmeal with some peanut butter and chocolate protein powder mixed in once in awhile for something different. I do martial arts and weight train several days a week so my calorie intake is pretty high, always have to make room for some peanut butter! My current favorites are: Skippy Natural Super Chunk or Fresh Market freshly ground honey roasted. YUM!
  • rmillsaps04
    Options
    I eat peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches every day. It is my favorite sandwich, so I make sure it fits in my food for the day.

Sorry, but that sounds DISGUSTING!