How do you eat your peanut butter?

Options
I love peanut butter but it's tough to enjoy this simple pleasure when 2 tablespoons equate to 190 calories - almost 200! So chowing down on a peanut butter dessert is even worse. Boo hiss! For those of you that keep a strict calorie allotment, and MUST have peanut butter in your diet, how do you manage to squeeze it in unscathed - still leaving enough calories for other foods throughout the rest of the day?

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 now, which has MUCH lower calories than regular peanut butter. But prior to that I would use 1 tbsp of regular peanut butter to put on toast. If I was having a low calorie day and had room for some serious snack calories, I would take a whole wheat tortilla, put a tablespoon of peanut butter on it, and wrap it around a banana. Yummy! I love peanut butter, and I hated that it had to be such a rare treat because of fat and calories, so I am really digging the PB2.
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and have it most days on toast for either lunch or breakfast. I just have 1 tablespoon though (15g approx) and thats 90cals! A little is enough to curb the cravings!
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I put it in my chocolate protein shakes, tastes like a peanut butter cup mmmm!
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't buy PB anymore, I have NO self control if it's in the house lol! x
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Its great with celery or apple slices. A lot of my buddies put it in their oatmeal. Something I'm going to try myself
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options
    Ladies, would you mind sharing what brand of peanut butter you're eating? I have Jiff, grew up on it, and of course, it is the preferred peanut butter in the household! But if there's a better alternative, I will get that for me, next time.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I eat it more than once a day :) It's totally worth the calories.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    22486221.jpg
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have PB if I want it. I just plan, measure, track and move on.

And I use the word "plan" loosely.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The ways I eat it most often are:

As a dip for carrots and celery (sometimes as a lunch, sometimes as a snack)
    Mixed with dry rolled oats and a little maple syrup (as a dessert/snack)
    On pancakes with a little maple syrup (not low cal but an occasional weekend brunch treat)
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    With a giant spoon
  • trishicles
    Options
    I have one tbsp of natural peanut butter with one red delicious apple. May sound funny but they are amazing together and then you have an excellent source of protein paired with energy fueling carbs and appetite suppressing fiber work together to help you feel satiated for a much longer period.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Eat it like a man. Dump out the whole container and smash your face right into that delicious mountain of protein like an Asian at a hot dog eating contest.
  • switges
    switges Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    usually have 1 tbsp several times week, either on low cal whole wheat toast for breakfast or with apple for sanck or lunch....
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I usually have it in a bowl of sludge (greek yogurt + pb + chocolate protein powder), so I plan it out in advance. It's not something I just dip into the jar with a spoon haphazardly.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Ants On A Log... Peanut butter on celery dotted with raisins.
  • 2nyce
    2nyce Posts: 37
    Options
    I put it in my chocolate protein shakes, tastes like a peanut butter cup mmmm!

That sounds banging, I might to give that a shot tomorrow morning
  • joshuamhort
    Options
    I stick it in my oatmeal in the morning. 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 cup 2% milk, and half a cup of oats for breakfast usually gets me a good start for the day and is 470 calories. My sister complains she always wakes up thinking there are no bake cookies that were made!
  • Anastasiasosa
    Anastasiasosa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1 tablespoon of pb goes far when it melts so I put it on HOT toast. mmm
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches every day. It is my favorite sandwich, so I make sure it fits in my food for the day.