How do you eat your peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• Pudgebrownie
    Options
    I've been meaning to order PB2 from Amazon...will have to set a reminder.
    My fave brand is Jiff. I add 1 Tbsp to Herbalife shakes (1 scoop choco protein, 1 scoop dutch choco formula 1, ice and 1c. H2O) and it tastes really good. Otherwise, I will eat it on a banana, toast or english muffin, pb&j, on crackers, or on a spoon.
    It may be one of my favorite things! Lol...

Do I just search PB2 on Amazon? What is this brand?

I live within strict calories but love pb. I don't eat it everyday but probably once a week I can manage to get away with it.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I spread 1tbsp on a slice of 100% whole wheat bread, or put it in with my protein shake. :)
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I made up a pretty decent asian-themed dish last night and used natural peanut butter (i.e. just peanuts and salt on the ingredient label) .

I sprayed a large skillet with Pam and then threw in some garlic and ginger... then threw in a bag of broccoli slaw and 1/2 a shredded savoy cabbage. Added a tablespoon of Mirin to help steam/saute it up.

In another skillet sprayed with Pam, I cooked up 1 lb of ground chicken and added a tablespoon of Sesame oil, once the chicken was almost done cooking. Then I added 2 T of the natural peanut butter to the chicken and let it melt down to create a sauce with the sesame oil over the chicken. Then I combined it with the "slaw".

4 very decent size servings came to 320 calories each. I splurged with 4 wonton cups (bake wontons in a muffin tin til they are golden) and filled then with the mix. 400 calories with those included into the calorie count.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    PB2 and Chocolate PB2 are AMAZING! I will not switch back to regular peanut butter. You can eat 2 tbsp of powder, which is about 1 tbsp after being mixed with water and covers a whole english muffin, for only 45 calories..and it's DELICIOUS!!! I buy mine off Amazon..it's a lot cheaper than in a natural foods store. DEFINITELY check it out. You can cook with it, put it in protein shakes, put it on toast, etc...so yummy!!
  • CaitlinedB
    CaitlinedB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use organic PB now (whole grain toast or waffle with 1 Tbs PB and banana slices....yumminess!) but there is a brand called Better N' Butter which is a lot lower in calories and can be found at many grocery stores (Trader Joe's, Stop and Shop and Shop Rite all carry it in my area). It doesn't have a long list of crappy ingredients either so not a bad choice if you want more than 1-2 Tbs a day. :-)
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    PB on toasted raisin bread is my after-dinner-snack and I look forward to it all day!

Thing is if I go over somewhere throughout the day I cut this snack. Lately it has been the first thing I log each day so I can work the rest of my cals around it.

LOVE my PB!
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have recently become addicted to peanut butter cheerios. I'm not normally I huge peanut butter person, but I love that cereal.
  • moonfire628
    Options
    With a giant spoon

LOL same here... I always tell myself "Just one spoon. ...Ok, one more. ....Ok, one more. ...Ok, I need somebody to wrestle this away from me."
  • sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'll do my peanut butter with a sliced apple. It lasts longer, I'm adding in some good fiber from the apple as well and it takes forever to eat it it seems.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If you need it that bad, why not just run an extra few miles and then get down on it later on?
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    With a giant spoon

True story. Happened to me numerous times.
  • MeliJean78
    MeliJean78 Posts: 249
    Options
    Slathered on boobs.
  • Ali155
    Ali155 Posts: 30
    Options
    My fave brand is Jiff. I add 1 Tbsp to Herbalife shakes (1 scoop choco protein, 1 scoop dutch choco formula 1, ice and 1c. H2O) and it tastes really good. Otherwise, I will eat it on a banana, toast or english muffin, pb&j, on crackers, or on a spoon.

I live within strict calories but love pb. I don't eat it everyday but probably once a week I can manage to get away with it.

I will just order from Amazon next time I am ordering other things, so I'll get free shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Cocoa/dp/B005563WTU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345061955&sr=8-2&keywords=pb2+powdered+peanut+butter

I haven't seen it in stores, but I may check Whole Foods, Central Market, Sprouts, or Vitamin Shoppe just in case they carry it.
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    >>
    1) Open mouth
    2) Put peanut butter in mouth
    3) Close mouth
    4) Savour <<
    DUH! :wink:
    Also, to OP who's got the "Jif in the house...", that's full of sugar if that's your thing. Get a natural peanut butter where the ingredients are peanuts and salt or peanuts and oil. I'd stay away from hydrogenated stuffs.
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options
    If you need it that bad, why not just run an extra few miles and then get down on it later on?

I've had to slow down my exercise regimen due to some ED issues.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I eat PB2 on apples and celery
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter a table spoon in my protien shake YUM
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options

I will just order from Amazon next time I am ordering other things, so I'll get free shipping.
    http://www.amazon.com/PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-Cocoa/dp/B005563WTU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345061955&sr=8-2&keywords=pb2+powdered+peanut+butter

I haven't seen it in stores, but I may check Whole Foods, Central Market, Sprouts, or Vitamin Shoppe just in case they carry it.
    Ahhh, okay.

Yes, I agree that the organic stuff is a much better option.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    On my jelly
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love one tbs on a banana for one of my snack options. Yumm