Options

Replies

• Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I put a really thin layer on eice cakes,
    Its only 1/2 tbsp and works for me
    ( note also works well with nutella)

Also pb protein balls in. He freezer, cold pb seems more flavourful.
  • dswbaby
    dswbaby Posts: 1
    Options
    Smoothed on a couple of stalks of celery!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Just today tried PB2. It was good. It is a powder, you mix 2 tbsp pb2 powder with 1tbsp water. I tried both regular and the one w/chocholate--both were good. Get this--2 tbsp are 45 calories. I also loooove peanut butter. I have had a pb&j sandwich on sandwich thins and had a vegtable. That will keep you within your calorie quota for the day. I just cannot overeat the pb-which is exactly what I would love to do. So tonight, I toasted a sandwich thin, mixed up a chocolate pb2 and regular pb2 spread each one on a sandwich thin. This proves to me, that I am really trying to stick with the program, make some comprimises and keep on going.:flowerforyou:
  • mrk8679
    mrk8679 Posts: 3
    Options
    PB2 is where its at :)
  • yavrig
    yavrig Posts: 28
    Options
    If you have Trader Joes near you, check out Better'n Peanut Butter. It is all natural, 85% less fat, low sodium, made with real peanuts and get this... ONLY 100 CALORIES FOR 2 TABLESPOONS!!!! I add 1 tbsp to my steel cut oatmeal to stretch the flavor and satisfaction. Sometimes, I also add 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 tsp brown sugar and I call it my Snickers bar oatmeal. It is a great 250 calorie breakfast, packs a lot of flavor and I am satisfied till lunch.:bigsmile:
  • betrayalunknown
    Options
    Step One: Wash hands with soap. Make sure to wash underneath fingernails.

Step Two: Dry hands with clean towel.

Step Three: Unscrew peanut butter jar.

Step Four: Use index finger on left hand to get a nice glob.

Step Five: USe index finger on right hand to get a nicer glob.

Step Six: EAT PEANUT BUTTER while trying not to touch anything.

Step Seven: Return to Step one (make sure to wash thouroughly and DONT TOUCH ANYTHING!!)

Repeat as necessary... but it's important not to contaminate the jar of deliciousness!!! not too much anyway.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i only eat it rarely due to its calorie density, but when i do have it, i usually spread a tablespoon of low fat pb on a banana. it's very good; even better if the banana is refrigerated.
  • daizzi
    daizzi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of PB on half of an english muffin with 1 tsp honey. It's so yummy and keeps me full!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I used to binge on peanut butter with a spoon and honey so my mothers been so kind as to measure out 25g a day for me and hide the bottle. I also survive on PB2.
  • Davebwg
    Davebwg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp w/ a banana!!!! Drool drool!
  • tothetide
    tothetide Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter so much, even if it's almost two hundred cals. It's full of protein and it makes my apple slice snack much more enjoyable :smile:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I consider pb one of the four major food groups, along with oatmeal, Greek yogurt and vegetables.

Just bought some P2B and was a little disappointed. 2 tbsp of powder only makes about 1 tbsp of "butter". At 45 cals per tbsp, it's about half the cals of pb but not nearly as good. Plus, it has sugar in it. Dunno, I was just expecting more . . .
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    I love PB2. It's great sprinkled on apple slices or added to my banana smoothie. I buy it at Hy-Vee grocery stores. I also buy the natural peanut butter (the type you have to stir the oil) and just pour off the oil. Doesn't spread well but can be put in smoothies or eat with banana or apples slices.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Alone in my room, until my mom catches me and calls me out on MFP:mad:
  • JayRed804
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing because I love peanut butter but can't find the best way to eat it
  • bandmom26
    Options
    Actually someone mentioned no-bakes. I have found them to be a reasonable snack and you get pb!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I hate it!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    If I liked PB (I don't like it), then I would eat it with toast.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I carefully measure out peanut butter using my kitchen scale, and try to use just enough and no more than that.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    ....not going to put my inital responce involving licking so ill just go with:::i eat mine one jar at a time!