with a spoon! ;)
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    by the spoonful
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Eat it like a man. Dump out the whole container and smash your face right into that delicious mountain of protein like an Asian at a hot dog eating contest.

Dude, the hot dog eating title has been back with the Americans for awhile now...
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    By the handful
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I use TJ's Valencia with Flax creamy smooth, 1.5 tbs spread on a nice whole grain nutty slice of quality bread.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    Eat it like a man. Dump out the whole container and smash your face right into that delicious mountain of protein like an Asian at a hot dog eating contest.

Dude, the hot dog eating title has been back with the Americans for awhile now...

Holy crap really, not looking so cool now huh Micheal Phelps.
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i usually put a tablespoon of it on top of my fiber on chocolate brownie. :)
  • nsmith6325
    Options
    I too love peanut butter but I only buy the all natural containing only peanuts. The kind you have to stir when you bring it home and refrigerate. No trans fat or other nasty stuff. I eat 1 TSP a day in my oatmeal for morning fat and protein and then I enjoy one teaspoon one slice of the low cal flat bread (50 cal) in the evening. This way I get to enjoy a single serving twice during the day.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options

240zxhj.gif
  • Ali155
    Ali155 Posts: 30
    Options
    I've been meaning to order PB2 from Amazon...will have to set a reminder.
    My fave brand is Jiff. I add 1 Tbsp to Herbalife shakes (1 scoop choco protein, 1 scoop dutch choco formula 1, ice and 1c. H2O) and it tastes really good. Otherwise, I will eat it on a banana, toast or english muffin, pb&j, on crackers, or on a spoon.
    It may be one of my favorite things! Lol...
  • determined_01
    Options
    I keep reading about PB2 on the forums and next time I go shopping I'm going to grab a jar and try it. Now I use either JIF or Skippy, usually right out of the 1 tablespoon spoon to keep on track. Take my spoon, get my serving, put away the pbutter and slowly eat my allotted tablespoon. Oh and I find that I feel more satisfied if I eat crunchy peanut butter. I think I'm eating peanut butter and peanuts and that tells my brain that I'm getting more.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I eat one tablespoon on a FiberOne English Muffin, with an apple and sometimes I eat it right out of the jar. Yummy!! I love PB and eat it just about every day. It is a little high in calories but, for me it is so worth it!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    1) Open mouth
    2) Put peanut butter in mouth
    3) Close mouth
    4) Savour
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ^ I just buy whichever organic peanut butter is cheapest, at whichever store I happen to be at at that time. The only ingredients you want are peanuts, not all of the added junk. Though if you prefer salted peanut butter, it would be peanuts and salt. I also do powdered peanut butter. I found Betty Lou's Just Great Stuff organic powdered peanut butter at my local whole foods. It was $8.99 a bottle, but worth it. I use that in shakes, smoothies, homemade almond milk ice cream, oatmeal, and granola. 145 calories less per 2 tablespoons compared to regular peanut butter. I love bananas and peanut butter. They are a great team. One of my favorite post-workout snacks is just a tablespoon of peanut butter on a banana.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    With a spoon right from the jar
  • Theresa_Potter
    Options
    I have a tablespoon with a tablespoon of grape jelly for lunch, and then as a snack I have 2 squares of Ghirardelli 86% cacao with a tablespoon of peanut butter. I buy Skippy Peanut Butter which has 190 calories in 2 tablespoons.
  • determined_01
    Options

240zxhj.gif
    BAAAWAHAHAHAHA!!!:laugh:
  • RedwoodCoast
    RedwoodCoast Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love Laura Scudder's Natural Creamy peanut butter -- used to chomp mass quantities of it right off the spoon. But now I measure 2T into a small bowl and savor it in very small bites with a tiny spoon.

It's dessert. And I enjoy every nibble. I record it faithfully and agree that it is totally worth the calories.
  • cestlafete
    cestlafete Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter more than I can properly express, and if you haven't seen them, Jif-To-Go cups are amazing ways to keep it under control (if it's control that is a problem). I generally pack one with lunch for spreading on an apple or rice cakes (mine are ~16 cal each) as a way to make sure I get what I want and don't pay for it later.

The cups are a little over a 'serving' as labelled on the jar, but at 250 cal, I can't complain.

Now the real question: crunchy or creamy?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i don't count cals (thank god)
    i count carbs, and PB is sort of low (yay)

i eat it on celery a lot.