How do you eat your peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE PB freak!

Recently switched to Cashew Butter instead (store brand). Great choice. More flavor...less bad stuff.
    I use on Flaxseed bread for a sandwich.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    With carrot or celery sticks
    Spooned on top of hot porridge
    Spread on a banana
    I dip a couple of squares of super dark chocolate into the jar = Heaven!
    OR Straight out of the jar!
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Straight from the jar, which is a bad habit I know.
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 now, which has MUCH lower calories than regular peanut butter. But prior to that I would use 1 tbsp of regular peanut butter to put on toast. If I was having a low calorie day and had room for some serious snack calories, I would take a whole wheat tortilla, put a tablespoon of peanut butter on it, and wrap it around a banana. Yummy! I love peanut butter, and I hated that it had to be such a rare treat because of fat and calories, so I am really digging the PB2.

I LOVE PB2! It's just really hard to find! I also like to pair just a little bit of natural peanut butter with apple slices. Also, Almond Butter is a good substitute if you can find it (it does taste different though).
  • jconnolly528
    Options
    I use PB2 in vanilla protein shakes for breakfast- SO good. I also will spread a tablespoon or so onto a whole grain Wasa cracker and top with sliced banana for lunch. OR onto a Kim's Magic Pop and melt a bit to spread it further. Yum.
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat MyProtein Peanut Butter (nothing in it except 100% peanut). 50g over 2 slices of whole grain brown bread (toasted). Delicious, and a great energy start to the day!
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    celery or on a rice cake. sometimes in greek yogurt.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Straight out of the jar...Often with my finger..:-P
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    only on peanut butter and jelly...otherwise i don't eat it!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I put 1 tablespoon of peanut butter in my oatmeal... SO GOOD

Sometimes I put it on my waffle.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    -right out of the jar
    -Toast
    -mixed in plain yogurt
    -with an apple or banana
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    As often as possible in every way possible! I love peanut butter! Crunchy, smooth, with honey, etc. It's all fantastic!
  • DTreas
    DTreas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use pb2...it is great with only 45 cal/ 5 g fat per 2T. It is powder but can be diluted with water to make a spread...great on apples for a snack or stirred into frozen yogurt! :) Great find!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I use 1 TBLS as oppose to 2 in anything I put it on!!

-toast, english muffin, duh!
    -pb&j, of course!
    -in my oatmeal with a mashed banana, yum!!
    -on a rice cake
    -mixed with dry oatmeal and cocoa powder for dessert :-) <---- this one is my personal fav!!!!
  • sunbeadmendain
    Options
    I eat 10g of peanut butter on a slice of toast, which is 50-60 calories depending on the brand
    sometimes i will have one and sometimes i'll have two :)
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I eat half a serving of peanut butter. Usually on an English muffin. It is delicious! I stick with the real stuff. The less sugar kind is really disgusting.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I don't buy PB anymore, I have NO self control if it's in the house lol! x

^ what she said! My favorite way to eat it was right put of the jar:( an I couldn't just stop at 1 serving! I tried switching to almond butter, but I guess the gooey texture is what gets me...I eat way too much of that too! :( but I'm not ready to give up peanut butter products yet... Trying PB2 next! Hopefully I can gain some self control since its powder...
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and have it most days on toast for either lunch or breakfast. I just have 1 tablespoon though (15g approx) and thats 90cals! A little is enough to curb the cravings!

I do this too! Love PB, but not to the point where I can't trust myself with it, like NUTELLA. :blushing:
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ladies, would you mind sharing what brand of peanut butter you're eating? I have Jiff, grew up on it, and of course, it is the preferred peanut butter in the household! But if there's a better alternative, I will get that for me, next time.

I love smuckers natural... The crunchy kind! It's so think and gooey and delicious! I switched to it from jiff and didn't like it too much, but then I got use to it and now have to ban it from the house:( its also made me kind of disgusted with the thought of more processed peanut butter...
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I can only eat it at work (my son is VERY allergic so I dont have any at home). So I buy the small cups of it (JIF to go) and put it on whole wheat toast for breakfast.

I LOVE PB --- but because of my sons allergies I am not tempted at all when at home because its simply not there.