Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals: Keep 3rd place in the step challenge. (Done) And I had to walk an extra 2500 steps today to do that. It paid off in a 355 calorie deficit though, so that's an extra added benefit.
    Tomorrows goal is to do an early morning walk to maybe make some headway toward taking over 2nd place!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish – that I would be able to lay on my stomach so I could go to the chiropractor. My back is out of whack and I need it fixed.

@Karen…I hate the deadlifts so I don’t think I’d miss them. I know they are a good thing but oy they are hard after a while. I will get back to lifting when I’m cleared. Can’t imagine doing it yet as sitting at my work desk each day makes me need an ice pack, but I know I’ll get there.

@pink.. lifting should help with that. My sister had lost significant weight through diet alone and then when she started lifting she dropped sizes pretty quickly.

@cj…I don’t know why companies do that! Nobody can actually sit and retain information when all they do is listen!!! At my old job we had several things that needed to be “heard” but we always mixed up the day with hands on and listening only.

AFM…I made it through a full day of work yesterday. I even felt okay through the 7th hour. The last hour kinda put me over the edge with some pain but that’s a huge improvement. I will have another weekend of just relaxing so that should help again.

Have a great day! Drink your water!!
  • 320sycamore
    320sycamore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: retire from my full-time paying job so that I can focus on my full-time caregiver/housekeeper role. Someday . . .

Anyone have any recommendations about websites that have beginner's strength training/weights exercises?
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    . . .
    Anyone have any recommendations about websites that have beginner's strength training/weights exercises?

lots of them on YouTube ... just 'google' it and take your pick of the one that seems to please you, then subsribe to that channel. ... However, just a weird-granny note of caution ... any exercise, but especially those involving weights need to be practiced with correct form so as to avoid injury ... and you won't be able to evaluate your form yourself, especially if you are a beginner ... thus .... if there is a gym nearby that you can join and get a few personal trainer sessions so that you can be taught the proper way to handle weights. Otherwise, you might be better of, as a beginner, just using your own body weight or resistance bands.

Try this site for core exercises that will strengthen you ...
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/multimedia/core-strength/sls-20076575
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    @Nikion901 wow! I went to the site you linked and that is fabulous! I think I can start working on those! My poor old saggy belly is really starting to pull on my lower back, so I need something to strengthen that area and this is a good start I think!
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    Wed Wish: I wish I lived at the beach! That's the biggy in my wish list. The truth is I could but right now it's just not worth the cost and effort, so it lives in my bucket list for the time being!
    The next wish is that my feet, legs and lower back hold up to the increased steps and new exercise I plan to start. I have fibromyalgia and I'm older and terribly out of shape, so I'm justifiably concerned about injury, but I've been slowly increasing my steps and I will do the same with the exercise.
  • Nikion901
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: I wish that person well, the one who almost ran into me today but was able to stop in time before she/he broadsided me ... I hope whoever it was learned not to run the light. But I also wish that this person learned to signal and not dart about like they were they only one on the road.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Hi Folks, I'd like to jump in with you, if I may. My name is Birgit, I'm 61 yrs old, and I live in NY state. When I started my weightloss journey in early April I weighed in at 305lbs. Today, 5 1/2 mos later, I'm down 67lbs. Wha-hooo! And I totally credit MFP for my success. Tracking my food seems to make all the difference for me. I have another 43 lbs to go to reach goal of 195 lbs (I'm a 6ft tall woman). So, nice to meet all of you! Best wishes, Birgit

Welcome abort Birgit ... I took a peek at your profile and see you are from beautiful upstate NY ... I'm west of you in Western New York.
    You've had some pretty impressive and significant weight loss thus far ... about 2.75 pounds a week! ... I'm glad when I trim off 3/4-1 pound a week because I've wrecked my metabolism from years of yo-yo dieting. Taking the behavior modification and learning about healthier nutrition along the way with this journey; making life-long changes to my whole outlook on food and it's place in my life. We'll be looking forward to getting to know you as time goes on ....
    If you have a chance, look at the top of page 1 for welcoming words from the original founder of this thread. Some of us have been on here since it started ... I came aboard on 2014.
    Niki
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I saw a really neat website posted on a weight loss sub on reddit and thought others here might find it useful too.

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

I've been feeling a little uninspired with my meals lately but I think this might give some good ideas... it's a website where you input how many calories you want to eat for the day, how many meals you eat, and it spits out suggestions to fit within your calorie allowance. I think I might be able to find some new recipes through this :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @pinkstarberry --thanks for sharing the website. It looks pretty cool.

@birgit-- welcome!

@niki-- glad you are okay and someone else's poor driving didn't result in an accident!

@campfire-- I also dream of living at the beach. The DH and I are looking at retiring somewhere in the Caribbean. Not sure where exactly, but that's the plan. Of course, retirement for us is at minimum 15 years away.

@tracy-- glad you made it through the full work day. :smile:

Wednesday Wish:
    I wish my poor dog wasn't so afraid of loud noises. It just gets worse and worse as he ages. This morning he was terrified of the thunder storms that rolled through our area. Then this afternoon, I tried to take him for a walk and someone popped off a small firecracker nearby. He high-tailed it right back in the house. I tried again a while later, and just as we were about to leave the yard, we could hear some emergency vehicle sirens in the distance, and that was enough to scare him out of the walk. Poor boy. :(

AFM--made it to the gym for strength training and ran a little over 2 miles on the treadmill. Also, chipping away at those essays.

Grading Goals:
    1. 6/40 AP essays
    3. 15/82 F451 tests

Fitness Goals for the month of September:
    Run 1 mile at my fastest pace 1x/week: Week 1 = 11:34; Week 2 = 11:10; Week 3 = 11:30; Week 3 = 11:00
    Run 2 miles in 23 minutes 1x/week: Week 1 = 24:12; Week 2 = 24:08; Week 3 = 24:00; Week 3 = 23:00
    Run a 5 k in <36 minutes by month's end:

You vs Year Challenge:
    275 k done/ 725 k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon-- rest day
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE (meeting)
    Wed-- walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE or run outside
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner + gym or run outside or maybe mow lawn
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym or run outside or maybe mow lawn
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @pinkstarberry , thank you for that app recommendation! Took a look at it and I think I'm gonna love it. I'm not much of a cook and don't enjoy planning meals, etc. That app is gonna be a big help, I think. Thanks again!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth
    I feel worthless ... I regret not getting stuff done faster and I worry that the future will be worse than the present
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach - Sending big hugs to you! You are not worthless and you deserve this! Don't give up! If you see your therapist soon, please bring up these feelings so that they can help you overcome them :) We're all rooting for you!

Thursday Truth: Last night I watched 3 episodes of "My 600 Pound Life" on TLC and I was crying all throughout it. So many of the struggles and feelings that caused the massive weight gain in those people are all too familiar to me, and I definitely could've been among them. It was a big wakeup call that I really do need to focus hard on the reasons behind why I used to binge eat, and turn to food for comfort in general. I know it's a very slippery slope, especially combined with depression (which I've had nearly all my life), so I felt very introspective after watching the show.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    I dont go to therapy anymore. I am surprised you remembered that I use to.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Well, Thursday is my official weigh-in day, and I guess that's a good way to start Thursday Truth. I am up 1# from last week. I know that fluctuations are normal, but I am only down 5.5# since I started 30 days ago. At that rate it is going to take me a long time lose the 50# to my goal. I need to look at the bright side, though. If I can maintain that rate, I can still be at my goal in a year. I've had about 3 really bad days for calories, and I've been eating back most of my exercise calories, which is probably a mistake.
    Well, I need to get breakfast for my kiddos so I better get going.
    Onward and Downward. Kaye
  • 320sycamore
    320sycamore Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @campfirequeen1 and @skinnyjeanzbound put me down for that beach retirement! I already have 3 friends who are retired at the beach, so at least I get to visit them occasionally.
  • FlabtoFab209
    FlabtoFab209 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I have been lax in my posting for the past few days. @MermaidPrincessRach I want to tell you I have felt worthless many times, but I refuse to feel worthless any more. The more worthless I feel, the more I want to eat and drink or do whatever it takes to become invisible. Well darn it I'm not invisible, and I am worth every amount of effort that it takes to bring me back into this world!

Thursday truth day, I am struggling with taking away all of my zone out habits, the eating, the drinking. Last night I wanted to drink wine, but I didn't. Unfortunately to keep me from doing so, I went out and bought a pie. I ate a big piece of Key Lime pie right before bed. Baby steps, I didn't drink wine, but I should have just gone to bed rather than ate to sooth my ragged feelings.

Make it a great day!
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Thursday Truth Day,
    I know I could do better but trying to be better is better than not trying! I struggle but being on MFP has helped me so much! As long as I try then that is all I can do.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello! I am returning back to MFP after being away from two years. I think I was a member of this group at that time. I'm back to were I was when I first joined MFP, so I am starting over. I had injured my foot while doing C25K and gave up on exercise because everything I did would cause pain for days.

Foot has been better, I can't do the elliptical for more than 10 minutes or I'm in agony, but the stationary bike seems to work. I'm hoping that dropping the weight again will ease the pain and then I can be back to where I was.

Woah, this seems like such a downer post, but I'm not. I'm determined to get well again! Have a wonderful Thursday and can't wait to get to know everyone.