Options

Replies

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Been looking over the comments these past couple of days. We are definitely a group with high expectations for ourselves and some concerns about reaching them. @Dalceridae and @Nikion901 I just wanted to share a quote with you both and everyone else in this weight loss family.

"No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying." #weightlossdown

What a great quote!!

NSV yesterday... trying on clothes with my mother-in-law and I realized that I have gone from a XL shirt to a L!!! I remember when I needed just a few items in XL and then right before I joined I needed all items in XL and maybe 1X. For some reason this was more exciting than finding out I'd dropped a pant size.

Starting weight in may: 240
    Current weight: 198
    Goal for the end of the year: get below and stay below 200
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Welcome back @FeraFilla, I remember you.
    However, you may recall me as NK1112 cause that was my MFP name before I went to the Premium version. Karen still posts also. Looking forward to hearing how the babe is growing and you are shrinking :)

The little one is growing like a weed! He came out long and lanky (9lbs 12oz, 23 inches) and has stayed that way. If you get me started talking about him, I can go on and on. He's my little monkey and I love him to pieces.

I, however, seem to have found a stable weight after losing all the baby weight in less than 2 weeks (10 days after getting home from the hospital, I was nearly 50 pounds less than I was when I went in). I managed to lose a few pounds after that, bounced back up, then I just kinda stayed put for a while. Lost a bit more (10 pounds) when I had my wisdom teeth out and couldn't eat much for nearly 2 weeks, added 3 when I started eating again, and am now trying to work my way down from there.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success- Last night I wore a new pair of pants to my birthday party and they were a size 18/20. That's down from a 26/28!! Now mind you, they are stretchy but the waist is perfect. It didn't have to stretch at all. Now I'm on my way to my first Christmas lunch, I have to be mindful or those new pants won't stay in the current wear stuff! Oh by the way, it isn't my birthday yet. It's on the 27th but it rarely gets celebrated because of it's proximity to Christmas, so this year my friends did a "before the date" party for me, so we could celebrate. I thought that was really special of them!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sunday share. I will have my surgery Jan 23 or 30. Scared and excited at the same time.
    I lost track of everything over the last 2 weeks with MIL emergency. Ate at odd times and made poor choices. Stress eating mindless eating you name it I did it.the good choices I made got blown up by the crazy me. I'm up 5 pounds (+/-2 @MermaidPrincessRach ☺).
    Everything I have done was within my control. Planning and discipline went out the window, everyone else's needs seemed greater than mine at the time and that's ok. This week when it wasn't critical I couldn't stop. I don't know if it is the emergency or the surgery but it feels harder now. I'm dreading my weekly shopping and prep. I'm logging but I don't want to. I had no issues for over 6 months now I'm mush! After the long weekend at the hospital my foot felt better so I took my dog on a lazy 2 mile walk, bad choice. I'm hobbling again too.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,980 Member
    Options
    @pneschich I am sorry life is so overwhelming right now. I wish there was something I could do or say to help you but I'm struggling too. You have 35+ pounds lost that havnt managed to find you again yet. Dont let them. Eat smart and try not to push too hard. We are not invincible beings. But you deffinately one incredibly tough guy! One little bit at a time... Congrats on getting the surgury scheduled!
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Sunday Share ... thought I posted, but cannot find it.
    My furnace is on the fritz and won't be repaired until Monday afternoon ... so I have had an interesting challenge to keep myself and my pet warm enough. Thank God it's not snowing and that my house is well insulated. However, there is no way I am taking off all the layers of clothes I have on to weigh in on Monday morning ... my check-in will have to wait for Tuesday when the house will, hopefully, be all warm and snugly once again. In the meantime, I'm doing all sorts of interesting things to generate body heat as well as some added warmth to the house.

Yesterday I ordered one of my favorite Chinese take-out meals ... Chicken Chop Suey with brown rice and a small hot n' sour soup. That chop suey ended up being this mornings breakfast as well. It reminds me of a chop suey I used to make all the time for my family because most of the vegetables in it were those I normally use ... except for the bok choy and snow peas. I made careful notes of the ratios of the vegetables in this one because it really hit the spot for me ... and maybe I will cook up some for myself next time around.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Can't believe I haven't posted since Tuesday--it never feels like it b/c I do keep up with reading your posts.

@pneschich --Happy for you that you finally got your surgery approved. Don't be too hard on yourself about the bad week or two--you've had a lot to deal with. Being on this thread for over 5 years now, one thing I've noticed is that one thing a lot of us have in common (other than the weight) is that we tend to put the needs of others before our own. I think that's one of our biggest challenges in everyday life--to do what we need for ourselves (whether that's grocery shopping for and prepping healthy meals or taking the time to exercise) before doing for others. Of course, that becomes even more difficult in a situation such as yours when there's really no choice but to put ourselves second. It's the normal response, and you have proven your strength and ability, so I know you will find a way to get back on track.

@niki-- sorry about your furnace! Keeping my fingers crossed that is a cheap repair.

@campfire-- Congrats on fitting into those pants!! Sounds like you have some very thoughtful friends!

@FeraFilia --I absolutely remember you! Congrats on your little one and welcome back!

@trinati2001 --congrats on the smaller shirt size!!

@Heathermetoo --thanks for the quote--I really needed to hear that this week!

@Fancybell86 --welcome to the group! Don't fret the macros too much--unless you're very close to your goal weight, they probably won't have much of an impact on whether or not you lose weight.

@katrena-- thank you for your wisdom this week as well. I've been really depressed that I'm back into my size 14 pants, and the 12s are all too tight. Although I'm going to continue to work to these pounds that somehow found me, you reminded me that when I first started on MFP, my size 14 pants were my goal. Perspective is everything. :smile:

Sunday Share:
    I've had a very good week this week--I made it to the gym 3 times, and I stayed under my calorie goal all but one day. Granted, that day was a doozy, but it's still only one bad day. Mid-week, I was getting discouraged b/c the scale was creeping up instead of down; however, then I came on here and read all of your inspiring posts. They gave me the pick-me-up I needed to keep going rather than picking up the cookies and doughnuts at work (of which there were plenty!). They also let me pause long enough to remember that my body tends to take a couple of weeks to catch up with my calorie intake, so the upward trend on the scale is probably a result of terrible choices the week before and the week of thansgiving. I must keep that in mind and stick with this to see the scale go down in the coming weeks. Thanks to all of you for being here. :smile:

Grading goals:
    1. 82/82 Montana 1948 essays DONE
    2. 24/40 Blake reflections
    3. 82/82 Scarlet letter quotes DONE
    4. 3/40 Poetry essays

Exercise goals:
    Sun-- walk gunner DONE + leg workout DONE
    Mon-- walk gunner NOT DONE (rain) + gym DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner DONE
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Fri-- walk gunner DONE
    Sat-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    Today is day two of trying to reestablish my morning coffee stroll. Done! :+1: I usually only get to see a few neighborhood cats but this morning I saw , or at least heard, an owl! Exciting! We'll see if I manage to do my evening escape tonight as well. I want to establish that as a regular habit too. And stretching and AM yoga and stregth training! But one thing at a time so I dont over whelm myself! For my evening escape I put Biggest Loser workout music on my ipod. I just walk to the beat and it ensures about a 3 mph pace for me. :sweat_smile:
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    You know what makes me happy today? Planning my day so I'd be 100 calories under (what I always do, to account for miss-measuring) and then earning enough extra calories via exercise that I can enjoy a fresh baked glazed donut from the local bakery tonight after caroling with church folks. Those donuts are AMAZING and I wanted one badly enough I did some exercise. :lol: Okay, so my macros are a little off, but so worth it!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@fera-- great job earning that donut! I used to be so good about burning extra calories to make up for extra calories, and slowly I started moving away from that mindset which spells disaster for me. I also pre-logged today and figured out that if I wanted a piece of left over deep dish pizza for dinner, I would need to earn it with a workout. :smile:

@rach-- I'm proud of you for getting back into your morning coffee stroll. Keep strolling! :smiley:

Monday Check-in:
    Another decent day today. As I mentioned above to Rach, the left over deep dish was calling my name, so after walking gunner, I went to the gym. I only did 20 minutes on the elliptical, but it accomplished my goal and will keep me under calorie allowance today.

One of my negative mindsets is that I tend to think if I go through the trouble of putting on my workout gear and driving to the gym, I must spend at least an hour there. Although this sounds good b/c I will exercise longer, it sometimes works against me b/c I'll rationalize skipping the gym if I only have limited time. Today, I knew I wanted to get some grading done tonight, so I went to the gym, did my 20 minutes, and came home. It was actually kind of liberating freeing myself from that previous thought process.

Grading goals:
    1. 37/40 Blake reflections
    2. 3/40 Poetry essays
    3. x/82 participation grades

Exercise goals:
    Sun-- rest day
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym
  • FeraFilia
    Options
    I think I earned more calories than the 500 my Fitbit is telling me I earned... A lot of that walking was with my 25 pound 1 year old strapped to my front, and my Fitbit isn't one with the HRM. I was more than 25 pounds heavier than I currently am while I was pregnant, and I don't remember it wearing on me like that... Whew!

In other news... I'm trying very hard to keep in mind that food is not bad, eating is not wrong, and being hungry is not a physical defect. This feels a lot like trying to give up an addiction without actually being able to quit. I have these moments where I actually feel shame for eating, even healthy foods. I wish I knew a way to make that feeling go away.
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    @FeraFilia I don't believe you should have feelings of shame associated with eating. Sounds like an eating disorder. I would seek professional help from a therapist/conselor or maybe Overeaters Anonymous. Good Job doing all that walking with your baby!
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My life is all crazy right now. My Nashville residence is being remodeled so I'm staying with a friend that has a house full of dogs and 17 little puppies less than three weeks old. It's not easy to eat my usual way and I really couldn't go home to Chattanooga because of obligations here this week. This is the first day I've been able to log on and I'm upset because apparently I have to sync in everyday because my Garmin doesn't store my stats, so all those days that I managed to get my steps in don't count in the challenge. I am glad that they count where it really matters and that is in my body. I may not be able to control my diet so much right now but I can control how much I walk and that helps to keep the calories in check!

@pneschich- I'm so glad that you got your surgery approved. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    @Nikion901-Hope your heat is fixed and you are toasty warm!
    @MermaidPrincessRach - WTG girlie!
    @skinnyjeanzbound- size 14 sounds heavenly! You're right, it's all about perspective! You words always help me to feel more centered. So listen to your own words! LOL 20 minutes in the gym beats no minutes all to pieces! I'm proud of you!
    @FeraFilia- Doing anything holding a baby deserves a bravo! Kindness matters, especially when it's you that you are dealing with on serious matters! Firmness is good when you need it but kindness is something that matters to me, because I'm my worst judge!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys!!

@campfire-- I love your attitude about the lost stats. I was thinking the exact same thing as I was reading your post--they count! :)

@FeraFilia --One thing that has really helped my attitude toward food is to view it primarily as fuel. Your body has a metabolism which is kind of like a fire; it can burn low and slow or hot and fast. If you neglect to put new logs on a fire it loses any flames and just becomes burning embers. If you want nice roaring flames, you have to put more logs on the fire. My food is analogous to those logs: they can be well-seasoned hardwood (healthy foods) and really catch fire easily and burn steadily for a long time. That is what I try to put in my body most of the time. However, I can feed the fire twigs and scraps that will burn up quickly (empty calories) occasionally, and as long as most of the fuel is solid, it won't really matter. Occassionaly, I can put a big green or wet log on a fire (a really unhealthy cheat meal or day) and eventually it will also catch and burn off, but it might hinder the fire from blazing nicely for a little while. I don't know if this view will help your perception of food and eating, but I hope it does. :smile:

@niki-- I hope your furnace is now fixed.

Tuesday Goals:
    Got most of my grading done, so meeting those goals nicely. I still have quite a bit around the house I still haven't tackled, but I should have some time this weekend. Saturday Gunner has a bath appointment, so that always gives me a chance to was all of the throw rugs, his bed, etc. and give the house a good sweeping. So much fur!

Grading goals:
    1. 40/40 Blake reflections DONE
    2. 3/40 Poetry essays
    3. 82/82 participation grades DONE

Exercise goals:
    Sun-- rest day
    Mon-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Tues-- walk gunner NOT DONE + ab workout DONE
    Wed-- walk gunner + gym
    Thurs-- walk gunner
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner + gym
  • FeraFilia
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound - I actually have used a very similar analogy when trying to talk a friend down from the same issue I was having! It's crazy how I'm so good at being objective when it's someone else, but when it comes to me I'm a nut case. :) I don't go all food-weird very often, but something triggered it yesterday. I think it was that dang donut I was so excited about. My 1 year old was with me, and I was sharing a couple bites with him which really excited him. People were watching that, and I felt like they were watching me eat and it just struck me in a weird way.

@MermaidPrincessRach While I can accept that there are those with issues that need that kind of treatment, and I am probably on the edge, I don't think it's necessary *yet* because it only hits me every now and then. I don't live in a constant state of shameful eating. (Also, even if I wanted to, I live so far out in the middle of nowhere, I doubt there's anything like that close to me!)
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well after a couple great weeks hormones hit and I felt like I was starving all the time. So after 4 days of that I'm back on track. I gained 3-4 lbs and now I'm up to 201. Well back to tracking and eating in my calorie goal. Hopefully I'll be under 200 shortly.
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Wednesday Wish ... that everyone have a good day today with their food and activity, relationships both personal and interpersonal, and that kindness predominates.

The furnace is fixed, I'm a lot of big bucks poorer for it, but toasty and warm once again and just in time for some really cold weather heading my way. Thanks @skinnyjeanzbound and @campfirequeen1.

AFM ... my Monday Check-in on Tuesday showed that I am still in maintenance rather than loss mode. I'm going to stay that way until the New Year. It's time to start planning what my contribution will be to the table at my relatives annual Christmas Eve get-together, and it's a hard decision because there are several dishes I want to have a taste of but need to narrow it down to one.
  • RachaelPooh
    Options
    Wednesday Wish ... To firmly establish my AM stroll and PM escape, to master my food log, and make this the best New Years ever by achieveing my goal of being under 300 lbs by Jan 1st.

Today was day 4 of me doing my AM stroll! But bc of work obligations I have not been able or willing to take my PM escape since Sunday. Good news, I am off work today on a personal day so maybe I will take my PM escape tonight.
    Yesturday I was overwhelmed by work and didnt eat enough during the day which lead to a full binge last night. Today will be better. If only I was rich and didnt have to work to pay my bills. :neutral:
  • Dalceridae
    Dalceridae Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    In other news... I'm trying very hard to keep in mind that food is not bad, eating is not wrong, and being hungry is not a physical defect. This feels a lot like trying to give up an addiction without actually being able to quit. I have these moments where I actually feel shame for eating, even healthy foods. I wish I knew a way to make that feeling go away.

I understand that feeling exactly. When I am doing great and coming in well under my calorie goal for the day, I feel guilty for eating anything - including healthy things like vegetables. It feels like eating at all is some kind of defeat, which I know is a very counterproductive attitude when it will take time and sustainable consistency to lose so much weight.