Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Dalceridae - Happy to know that my ramblings are helpful to someone and not just good for clearing space in my brain. ;)

Tonight's dinner was a perfect example of the art of compromise. My husband wanted smoked sausage. Usually when he wants smoked sausage, I cook it up with some potatoes, or we have sandwiches with onions, peppers, and cheese. Instead, I cut it up and mixed it with a couple bags of frozen broccoli, a can of healthy choice cheddar cheese soup, 1/2c milk, and 1/2c shredded cheddar, then topped with 1/2c shredded cheddar and some crispy french fried onions... Threw it in the oven for 45 minutes and ate! It turned out really good, and it was really filling. And fairly healthy, if a bit sodium laden, at ~400 calories per serving, with about 8g fiber, and 28g protein, using turkey smoked sausage. Maybe next time I'll try a similar thing with chunks of chicken boobies and maybe a little bacon. Mmm.

When you cook for two, and only one of you is in need of losing weight, dinner can be tricky.
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    @jordanaus29 welcome!

@dbstyles Good luck with your journey!

@FeraFilia when I eat with my DH (we are about evenly obese) I have to constantly remind myself that men get more calories than women; my plate shouldnt be as full as his. I love your cooking creativity!

AFM, I am recommitting my efforts to reach my first goal: under 300 by New Year's Day! In 3WEEKS!! I have had best success in the past following a protein meal plan, but this time I am going to steer clear of the processed meats. I CAN and I AM!

Name: Rachael, but you can call me Rach
    Starting weight: 312.0 on Nov 3, 2015
    Current weight: 305.8
    Current age: 35
    Current location: West Central Florida
    Current status: Happily married 13 yrs with no kids, just pets: 3 (senior) cats and 1 cockatiel
    Ultimate goals: weigh 150ish, run a half marathon, be the healthiest I have ever been
  • jesslynwo
    jesslynwo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have been on MFP for a while but never took advantage of the community aspect of it until now! I started my weight loss journey (again) in September and have lost 8lbs so far....but feel myself demotivating (is that a word?) because I have 100lbs to lose and at this rate its going to take me years to lose it! I don't have much support in this journey, which is fine in some sense because ultimately I have to do this for me, but I could use some encouragement (and hopefully I can encourage a few people to!) ...so here I am!
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I hit a pretty exciting milestone today and couldn't wait to share it here...

As of this morning I am no longer obese, I'm just barely in the overweight category, at 190 lbs! I'm feeling a bit emotional because when I was morbidly obese I had kinda accepted it as my death sentence and thought I'd never be able to do anything about it... Being at the point I am today feels very surreal and I still struggle a lot with low self-esteem but I'm beginning to actually think that I can do this and that I do deserve to be healthy and happy.

Sorry to be so emotional about it all!

I don't talk about my weight loss at all outside of this thread and one other forum so thanks for letting me have an outlet for the struggle and excitement and everything else that comes with losing 100+ lbs.

Starting weight: 277 lbs and class 3 obesity in late May 2016, calorie counting on MFP began mid-June
    Current weight: 190 lbs and overweight in mid-Dec 2016
    Goal weight: 130 lbs and BMI 20 with lots of muscle!
  • Dalceridae
    Dalceridae Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    @pinkstarberry Congratulations! That is so awesome and also so inspiring! I started at nearly your starting weight almost 4 weeks ago, but have a long way to go before getting below 200, so it means so much to know that it's possible.

I've heard from others that it takes a long time for your brain to catch up with your body, so I can understand how emotional this must be.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in ... this morning weigh-in shows that I did not maintain my weight from last week to this week but have shown a small gain. This has been a struggle for me the past month or 6 weeks and, as I stated last week, I'm just not going to think about it until the New Year. Of course, that isn't a green light to eat indiscriminately or to use food as a soother. I'm also taking a break from posting on this thread as well.

With that ... I hope everyone enjoys the holiday season in whichever manner is your custom to do so. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ...
    Niki
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Monday, i was under the weather yesterday with a stomach bug. I couldn't stop eating this morning. Junk too. One bad day in a week, it's a good thing there is always tomorrow.
  • Dalceridae
    Options
    I understand. Last week Monday, I was really sick and spent the day comfort eating. I felt so ashamed after, but you are right about it being one bad day - the rest of the week was better, which is possibly a first for me :)
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @pinkstarberry, that is fantastic! And I know exactly how you feel - I hit that same milestone a couple of weeks ago, and I was over the moon about it. So many years of being obese, and even morbidly obese - it feels like incredibly to be merely overweight. Congratulations!

And @Dalceridae, for me that's certainly true. I've list nearly 90lbs since early April. I'm far, far less "bulky" than I was at the beginning of the year, but my head does not seem to know it. Case in point: today I wrote a fleece vest that had been to right for me to wear the past few winters. I put it on, zipped it up, and had a moment of not being able to figure out why the neck there was so much room between the zipper and my belly. The thing was HUGE on me! That kind of stuff happens nearly daily. But it's a really nice problem to have ;-)

Hi Everyone! I've been "lurking" for several weeks, reading everyone's posts, but having little time to respond (altho I always want to!). Just know in still here and silently rooting on reach and every one of you!

@jesslynwo, welcome to the group. Pls remember that every fraction of a pound downward is a step in the right direction. Getting back to health is a process. For some or goes faster than for others. But as long as the numbers on the scale go downward, you're in the right track. Keep it going, and DON'T GIVE UP!

@Nikion901, we will miss you! Wishing you a very Happy holiday season and looking fwd to having you back when you can.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    A couple days ago I attempted the first day of c25k. I was thinking "okay, I'll be able to do a little of this, but like always I'll have to walk most of it".... I was wrong! I did almost the whole thing! The only running I *didn't* do was the last 60 second interval! I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and try again in 10 more pounds (I try Week 1, Day 1 every time the middle number of my weight goes down). Maybe next time I'll be able to do the whole thing!

Also, today, I made overnight oats for the first time, so I can start my day with something healthy!

I am doing so well this time, for almost 2 weeks, that I feel like I shouldn't think about it too much or I'm gonna screw it up somehow. I don't feel like it's a lot of work this time. I think it's because I'm not forcing myself to eat only "diet approved" foods or forcing myself to do the latest "fad" exercise that's probably way too advanced for me right now. I don't know how I was getting it so wrong before.
  • pneschich
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, I arrived at work today and found a thoughtful gift on my desk. A lovely little box of Hershey's kisses. I'm glad I was thought of and happy to have received a gift and so tempted to pop one of the 50 calorie dark chocolate bombs in my mouth and feel and taste it. I even segregated the 4 dark ones. I'm looking at them differently now that I looked at the calories.
  • pneschich
    Options
    Tuesday update: I succombed
  • Dalceridae
    Options
    We don't have Hershey's here (except in specialty shops for American food), but a traditional part of the holidays here are these chocolate selection boxes from the major chocolate makers. Workplaces always have tubs nonstop, and previously I would eat freely from them. I ate one not long after I started logging - was shocked to see they are ~50 calories per piece! Last Christmas I munched through an entire tub in a couple of days! :neutral:
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    @pneschich They are little fat bombs waiting to make me lose my mind and eat the whole dang bag, so I would have to ditch them immediately or succumb as you did! They should be against the law! :D
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,981 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else depressed? It seems the more I focus on myself, the more depressed I get. :neutral:
  • Heathermetoo
    Heathermetoo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- I hope that all is well. I'm still chugging away at this weight loss thing. Lost 2pds at my check-in. Woo hoo! I'm getting a little worried about the holidays and keeping a good balance between enjoying family and life and staying on my goal towards taking better care of myself. I'm happy we have this group to check-in with and support. :p
  • Dalceridae
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach I've had problems with that throughout my life. Doing better this year, but it's still a struggle. Sometimes I find that moving the focus from myself to others helps keep me from ruminating too much. Sorry to hear you are struggling right now

@Heathermetoo Great loss! I'm also worried about the holidays. Will have family here, and while they are great, they are very much the "oh go on, have some more..." type, which makes it hard to stay on track.
  • pinkstarberry
    pinkstarberry Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach Sending hugs to you... I have the same problem, though I have recently started going to therapy and I think that has helped some. We all deserve to feel happy, healthy, and to show gentleness toward ourselves. I struggle with feeling selfish when I focus on improving my health and myself in general but I'm trying to move away from those thoughts to a more positive outlook. Christmas is also a hard time of year for me so I'm feeling a bit blue from that as well. Hope you feel better :(
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I really feel that during the holidays that it's important to weight myself daily. That way I can self correct after gaining due to a party or event. Previous years I only weighed myself weekly and there were weeks where I had 2 parties so I knew I'd gain that week and I let it go to the point of a 5 lb gain. At least if it's daily I see a gain one day and then I try to be really good the next day so that I get the immediate loss.
  • Dalceridae
    Options
    Yeah I used to think that I should only ever weigh myself once a week, but I'm starting to weigh daily now and finding it helpful. Last week, I had two bad days of binging, and I was so afraid about how much I had gained and felt really tempted to just keep going since I had obviously "blown it" for the week. I decided to weigh myself and saw that the damage really wasn't as bad as I had imagined. That gave me the motivation to do better the rest of the week.