Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: I jogged over a mile with no walking. I'm really not sure if I've ever done that in my whole life before.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,167 Member
    Options
    Lin- i did not know you were such a wild thing :laugh: :laugh:

Yep, I'm a wild thing..........and I make everything GROOOOOVY. Ha, anyone remember the Troggs?

I'm glad you got up today Karenleona!!

1779146rt7yyfuka2.gif

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Lin - You CRACK me up !!!!! And love the graphic - thanks! So Merry!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Wahooo--- over 2 1/2 hours shoveling and hacking at heavy snow and ice and finally I can get my vehicles in and out of the driveway. I am so incredibly thankful that since the snow removal guys did *NOT* show up and didn't answer the phone that I had indeed lost enough weight to be able to do this work.

Now that indeed is a NSV!! Woot!

Drink your water.....:drinker: :drinker: (I'm celebrating with some hot tea! I know, I'm kinda walking on the wild side today. :wink: )

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

Lin - Where do you live again? i grew up in north western PA and was so glad to get away from it. We were so spoiled though. My dad worked for the city and use to bring the snow plow home so our driveway was always clean. I didn't shovel too often. It's amazing exercise though so good for you!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Lin- i did not know you were such a wild thing :laugh: :laugh:

saturday success- I got out of bed.....yup, that is about it

You're so funny!!! Love your Saturday success!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Saturday Success: I jogged over a mile with no walking. I'm really not sure if I've ever done that in my whole life before.

AWESOME!!! I'm slowly trying to add jogging to my walking, but I'm lucky to go about 50 yards then need to walk. Good job!!!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Saturday Success: Busy, busy day. This is our first Christmas in our new city of Las Vegas. My parents arrived this evening for a 10-day stay from Florida. We're so excited!! Of course, the house had to be cleaned this AM. Beds stripped and made. Laundry in between the cleaning. More baking of Heath Toffee Cookies and Oatmeal White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. Of course, we needed groceries too so a trip to Wally World, Ace Hardware, and Trader Joe's. Tomorrow morning will go to church then have a neighborhood Christmas party and then another event Sunday night. The rest of the week is busy too, but I'm looking forward to the busy.

January Challenge - I'm in 100%!! The past 5 months have been amazing on MFP, but the past 6 weeks a bit of a plateau and I need to get back to basics and refocus!!!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the gift for my trainer.

Today ended up being an interesting day. Some friends talked me into going to one of the SPCA shelters and I fell in love with a tabby. I had no intention of adopting, but everything just fell into place - someone had dropped her at the shelter about an hour before we got there. I've named her Zoe, she's 2-1/2 months old and right now right at home sleeping on my lap - she's my new profile pic.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Susan sounds like you are making new friends and adjusting to the move very well. Enjoy your parents visit and Merry Christmas
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options

Today ended up being an interesting day. Some friends talked me into going to one of the SPCA shelters and I fell in love with a tabby. I had no intention of adopting, but everything just fell into place - someone had dropped her at the shelter about an hour before we got there. I've named her Zoe, she's 2-1/2 months old and right now right at home sleeping on my lap - she's my new profile pic.

She's beautiful!! Congrats on your new addition!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Kah - She's beautiful! What a wonderful Christmas present for both of you!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: Had a fun "girls' day" with my daughters. We went shopping for beading supplies, had lunch at Texas Roadhouse, and then went to one daughter's place to make necklaces. Mine turned out surprisingly well. I felt successful with Texas Roadhouse, too. I ate very little for breakfast, so even though my lunch added up to 750 calories, I was able to stay under my calorie goal for the day. We had put taco soup in some crock pots before we left so the family all had eaten when we got home and there was some left for us, too. I've made 2 batches of candy tonight. I still have a few gifts to wrap. Tomorrow is our family Christmas dinner and gift exchange. ( We have to do it when everyone can be here.) Tomorrow's meals will be a challenge, but then everyone will be going home and I can quit pushing the boundaries so hard.
    Enjoy your Sunday. Kaye
  • JanetRene1
    JanetRene1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @janet--welcome! that is indeed a great success!

Thanks! :smile:
  • blissfulbutt
    Options
    sunday sharing-
    the baby woke up to nurse at 5am and wouldn't go back to sleep. We wanderred downstirs at about 6ish and got started on a huge farm style breakfast.I did pretty good considering I was cooking for almost 2hours before everyone else woke up. (baby fell asleep in her carrier). I kept my portions small and didn't sample everything!!! Next test is cookies seeing as I need to finish holiday baking. I wish there was an option for calories burned doing 'sexercize' lol. I'm feeling pretty confident after losing the first 50lbs and gave hubby an early christmas present (a specil fantasy outfit I wore).I'm sure I burned off a lot last night lol. Going to make sure I do all my exercizes today. Idk about christmas eve and christmas.both days are going to be busy.I'll at least do my walking w/ the baby, but idk what else I'll manage. with a 6yr old, 2 3yr olds, and a 3month old things are bound to be crazy the next few days.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Well, that isn't good. I had my first gain today since starting MFP the end of Sep. I know it is just a bump in the road, but it makes me sad. Today will be hard, too, but I will keep trudging on. Have a good Sunday. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

Congratulations - there's nothing more heartwarming than adopting a new baby at Christmastime! She's adorable!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Ack!! it's almost Christmas! how did that happen?! hope everyone is closer to be ready than i am :laugh:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Ack!! it's almost Christmas! how did that happen?! hope everyone is closer to be ready than i am :laugh:

I am not even close to being ready! I decided to only worry about what I need before the actual holiday. I won't see most of my friends and their children until after Christmas, so I figure I'll go shopping for their presents after Tuesday. Maybe I'll get some good post-holiday deals that way as well. :smile:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all. I didn't like the name she came with so changed it - I almost named her Mistletoe but a friend of mine said it was too long, Zoe kind of stuck and somehow seems to fit her so that's her name. She is so tiny and sweet, but loves to snuggle. I put together a bed for her on the floor next to my bed with her toys last night, but she didn't leave my side all night - I forgot that sleeping with a kitten is much like sleeping with a 5-year old - they move around so much and she purrs like a freight train. LOL I tried to upload some photos here but can't get it to work - she has really neat markings in her fur and this pink belly with polka dots. So cute! Right now she's fighting with the stairs, not sure who is winning. :laugh: Hopefully she'll be okay when I run some errands in a bit - I have this fear of her climbing the 30-foot window treatments in the living room and sitting on the window sills near the ceiling. I have no way to get her down from there so really hope she is not attracted to that idea and that doesn't happen!

I'm not ready for Christmas yet either, yesterday kind of threw me off a bit. I need to get to the grocery store and then get some cookies baked this afternoon after my training session.

Right now I'm watching the original Miracle on 34th Street, but really need to get moving and get some things done around here.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    kaye- don't let a little bump in the road derail you. It is disappointing but look at what you can change for this week and get right back at it with your next meal

son, DIL and grandson arrived last night. Grandson woke me up at 5 am and has not left my side.....so wonderful.
    Totally mixed up on what day it is....thought it was saturday....apparently not