Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Had a wonderful Christmas day :)

I certainly didn't stay under calorie (I don't think) but I can't track it because there were too many bits and pieces. Shrimp, Cheese, crackers, and veggies for hors d'ouevres and prime rib, mashed taters, green bean bundles, cauliflower au gratin, and cucumber salad for dinner. Oh, and the 1/4 piece of choc cake and sipping glass of dessert wine for dessert. I tried to forget about dieting for the night but controlled my portion and just enjoyed the family I haven't seen in 6+ years.

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful day/night. <3

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad the visit is going well. I know you haven't been back in awhile and you were going back 100+ lbs lighter. I'm so proud of everything you've accomplished and continue to enjoy your visit. Stay strong!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    A little Message from the Universe I wanted to share:

"no matter what your faith is, or is not, no matter where in the world you are, I want you to know, even as you read these words, I'm with you. Behind the eyes of every child, and in the melody of every song. I'm the glimmer in the ice crystals, the rays in the sun, and the stars at night. And with each smile you see, every hug you receive and every laugh you hear, I'll be there, reaching out through another, with blessing and good wishes...... And all of this because I love you, because I've always loved you, and because I always will. And because this has been true, and will be true, every day of your life, holidays or not. "
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Wanted to wish everyone a late Merry Christmas! I logged on yesterday but didn't really get on here much the last couple of days!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!!

I had a fantastic one! My husband got me an ipod touch with an arm band so I can workout and have my music and not worry about my cell phone falling out of my pocket!
    And my parents got us a GPS! Mostly for me because I go visit my sister who lives 1 1/2 hrs away and my friend who lives 4 hrs away. I kept borrowing my Mother-In-Law's so now I have my own! SO excited!!!
    My daughter had a wonderful Christmas as well, of coarse!
    I am ready to get back at it! Well today I just feel like sleeping lol I had to work today and SO dont want to be here. But I'm here.
    Either way we were playing the kinect and it takes pictures/videos while you play...lets just say I didn't feel so good when my pictures/video came up. So I am very ready to get back at it.

Tina
  • NAcetoLang
    NAcetoLang Posts: 517 Member
    Hi y'all! Just wanted to stop in and say howdy! Hope your holidays were safe and happy. Thanks to those of you that stuck with me through this- I really appreciated your messages of support. I know it is discouraging to stay "friends" with someone on here and watch them fall down while you are working hard to stay strong. I did get an A in my English class and met my goals in the self paced Math class... but.......

I completely fell of the wagon.... I let school and the new bf totally overtake my schedule, and put everything before my health. I kept telling myself, "Everything is okay in moderation". The problem... I am not in a position where I can do that. Having a little bit of gravy or white bread one day, led to me rationalizing larger portions and of course... desserts.

When I started out (again) in June of this year, on MFP, I was so dedicated. Sure, I made mistakes here and there, but overall, I kicked tushy. Cool side effects of eating healthy- I lost weight, my skin was clear, my hair was thick, and I hardly ever felt sick. Sucky side effects of eating junk- I have zits (and cysts gross) and my hair is thin, my scalp dry and itchy. I am constantly fighting headaches and backaches.

I have to say, it is really truly sweet of my bf to make beans and ham hocks or fried chicken... um... but I just hope he can deal with me turning those things down. I must be selfish about that. He doesn't really "get" the idea behind eating healthy. I am working on him.

My Wednesday wish.... a world without butter, sugar, and white flour- these seem to be the foods that cause me the most trouble.

Oh Tina! I know what you mean about the Kinect... those cameras are NOT forgiving at all!
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Want to join in with the board.

I have 100+ lbs to lose. Right now I am super, highly motivated and pray that I can keep this up. I've lost 10 lbs since joining mfp, but about 40 or so lbs since starting making lifestyle changes and praying for strength to be nicer to my body and for my addiction to food to be gone.

Wednesday topic suggestion - what do I wish?

I wish that it weren't so expensive to eat healthier! LOL...
  • RobinsEgg
    Naceto - welcome back ! I'm sure getting those good grades were important and time consuming. Now you know the time involved and effort needed, you can plan and whip your BF into shape and follow your plans and have a great NEW YEAR!

LovesToRead - Welcome! You will find that eating less will make those food costs equal out!

Everyone - remember The NEW YEAR CHALLENGES:

1. I am gonna SWEAT today
    2. I am going to be HUNGRY today
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    whew. glad that's over. now back to real life. hope everyone had a great time and is all ready to get back in the swing of things without cookies everywhere you go. :laugh:
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    @Kaye -- I'm sorry to hear about your father, and it must set a little sadness over the holiday season. And I bet you're secretly glad to have your daughter's family there for Christmas, even if it's cos their car won't start.
    @LMackbethi -- Congratulations on reaching TWOderville! Isn't it a great feeling to have hit a big milestone?
    @Tom -- ooh I'd like a New Haven pizza... and well done on the strength training.
    @Robin -- we have four chimneys (there will have been seven at one time); luckily only one is seriously sooty.
    @MaraDiaz -- that's a funny card but your profile pic looks great.
    @Kris -- glad to hear you were having fun visiting with your family.
    @Nicole -- Really good to see you back! Just keep going and don't give up.
    @Luvs2read -- Welcome! It's worth looking for your local markets to get really good value fresh produce.

Thanks to everyone for your congratulations; I did really enjoy reading your messages. My new Tuesday goal for yesterday is to *still* be in ONEderland next week.

In the end I did log everything I could remember eating yesterday, primarily for interest rather than accountability. After a hefty allowance for cooking and clearing up, I went 2012 calories over. Nom nom nom as they say.

I remember from when I was in the US that the holidays are over on December 26. Here we talk about the 12 days of Christmas, and people mostly keep partying now till the New Year. We won't be properly back to normal till the kids go back to school on 7 January. So I have a few more tricky days.

Hope you're all having a great day.

-- Alison
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    The party continues. The car part won't be here until Friday. The girls have been really good sports, and a little planning by family got them some gifts to open on Christmas day. They are out sledding with their cousins this afternoon. The food challenges are still very real, but I am managing to stay under goal. I'm not saying all of the choices are the best, but I am under.
    My Wed. wish is that the kids can get home safely when the car is fixed, have fun with the Christmas that is there waiting for them, and have happy memories of the Christmas they got stranded. Have a great day. Enjoy your celebrations, Alison. Kaye
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Hello Everyone,

Well we had a lovely Christmas. Very simple this year. All of the sugary sweets are either out of my house or in the freezers. Trees put away decorations away. Now I got out my showman my winter decorations. Overall not bad this round I did allow for a few treats each day leading up to holidays and holiday. It work I was worried that I would not be able to control it that once I had a treat. I would want more and more. But I didn't help me not feel all deprive. I wish I could just look at food and it be food not get a deprived feelings etc but I do. So happy this work. But today back on track so far good not missing any of the special treats yet anyway.

@Kaye sorry to hear about your father
    @Robin I like the new challenges. For January.

Well I.am sure to be missing others do sorry about that. One of my goals is getting back on track with every thing including posting it all truly helps to be part of yhr community
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    I hope everyone had a nice Christmas holiday. I enjoyed spending time with my parents but was eager to get home to Zoe, who is sound asleep using my hand as a pillow. I'm so grateful that some friends were able to take care of her while I was out of town, since it was too late to schedule my pet sitter. She is such a spaz - just wears herself out playing so hard!

Nicole!!! So good to see you! :)

@Susan~LOL. We actually don't have seasons here. We're well below average temps right now - but seasons here tend to be hot or cold. :wink: Snow is definitely a rare occurrence.

Needed to get some running around done today, but its so cold and some of the roads have icy patches so decided this afternoon Zoe and I will be lazy - right now watching Castle and napping. Tomorrow I have spa appointment and training session, so back to normal.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Naceto-Welcome back. Congrats on the A in class.

Sounds like many of us had a wonderful Christmas. My heart goes out to all the people who are dealing with violence this holiday season can find healing and peace. I also pray that those affected by winter storms on Christmas Day will recover.

Wish- That the world will experience a period of peace and a time of healing.

I am doing my best to get motivated to go to the gym but the weather has been lousy. We have experienced- sleet, snow and rain today and it is still raining hard. This is the same storm that is affecting most of the mid-west and the Northeast. I cancelled my trainer this morning out of concern for his safety and mine since it was snowing/ sleeting this morning. We are meeting tomorrow night so that will work.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,357 Member
    Hello to all - it was great to read all the posts! Unfortunately I'm feeling a bit rocky with sinus issues and a kind of unhappy stomach. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Meanwhile, I did smile as I started to sort through my e-mail. I got my 1,000 mile badge from FitBit. Onward to my next walking badge---2,000 miles!!!! (But not today.............garp.)

My Wednesday wish is a quite selfish twofold wish---1) to feel better VERY soon; 2) to lose 50 lbs in 2013. Later my friends........

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Wednesday wish - to finally make it to Onederland.. *sigh*... or, I'd settle for winning the lottery....

Still trying to stay on track... hope everyone's week is tranquil...
  • Hyzaarc
    Hyzaarc Posts: 67 Member
    Wishing and Hoping this risk I'm taking tomorrow (drive to NH) is worth the suspected hellish nightmare I've been hearing on the weather channel... Can't afford to screw up.
  • RobinsEgg
    Wishing and Hoping this risk I'm taking tomorrow (drive to NH) is worth the suspected hellish nightmare I've been hearing on the weather channel... Can't afford to screw up.

Take extra care, Stacie! Hope your'e packing for all emergencies! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :heart:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi guys-
    Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday--hope everyone had a wonderful day. I had a good time with my family--especially my beautiful niece. She had so much fun opening her presents and playing with her new toys. I ate too much junk and am paying for it today--my tummy has felt queasy all evening. :sick: I didn't do too badly food-wise today, but I guess the damage had already been done. :ohwell: All I can do now is drink lots of water and hope I'm back to normal tomorrow.

Happy Boxing Day to those who celebrate!

Wed. Wish:
    That all of you suffering from illness or who have family with heath problems find renewed strength and health in the coming year. :flowerforyou:
  • Glad to read about all of your holiday travels and get-togethers! I hope everyone who has been ill will recover quickly!! @Robin, I'm stoked for the January challenge! Well, I had a great time celebrating Christmas and its Eve with different friends... great company... yummy food... and I stayed under calories each day! So glad to know that's possible. Worked the overnight shift last night, so have been a bit discombobulated, but still managed a brief WII workout. Friday, I leave for the family celebration in Colorado... my goal is to at least maintain my weight until I return on the 6th! I'd also like to recover from this head/chest cold so that I can enjoy the winter wonderland!! Wednesday Wish is to figure out how to buy a farm with a friend of mine in 2013.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Wednesday Wish/Thursday Truth: I'm a little early for Thursday, but getting myself geared up. I started MFP on August 1st. I lost steadily and at some point have been down 37 lbs. I hit a few plateaus along the way, but the last 2 months I was all over the place. Up, down, maintained and that just happened week after week. With that said, I also started lacking in my exercise. I have logged every day so I am proud about that, BUT I know I missed a few bites here and there. Hence, no weight loss. I have to take complete responsibility.

Wednesday Wish - I'm not wishing, but WILL go back to the basics and start MFP like it's day one. Keep logging every day EVERY bite. Commit to some form of exercise 5 times a week or more. Make good food choices. Just because I have the calories doesn't mean I need to eat junk. Fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, limited carbs, etc. . . Stay away from processed foods if possible. Lower my sodium intake (so hard). I have to drink more water.

Thursday Truth - I hate this battle. I know I have to change my ways and this will be my life going forward. It's the hardest battle/challenge I've ever had to deal with (minus my divorce 8 years ago). I know food is my comfort and that has to change. I'm so thankful someone shared MFP with me and I've met some GREAT people in this thread. In the past, I always felt alone, but I know many of you understand because you've been there and can relate. Why is this so hard? I just need to dig deep and fight, which I'm ready to do just have to accept the failures along the way.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    I hope everyone had as great a Christmas as we did (only without falling off the wagon and gaining 9 pounds :ohwell: ) We had the family gathered at our home for Christmas Eve and it was a particularly enjoyable evening, we had friends from far away and four generations of the family all laughing and talking around our tiny living room. Bestest kind of holiday.