Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share:
    Had my little hike today and had to laugh. I went with my ex husband, his dog, and his best friends. We were on a path that led past the car and the two of them were puffing and panting so bad they wanted to go home. It was only 2.6 miles into the walk... and we were walking at a pretty leisurely pace. I was sweaty but had LOTS more go in me. What wimps! I was even carrying the backpack with all the water (4 bottles), the toys for the dog, and all our jackets stuffed into it. I have to giggle because 6 months ago I wouldn't have made it 1/8th of a mile before I had to sit down and rest.

Saturday - Walk - DONE - Short one, but done
    Sunday: Day off
    Monday : Walked to the grocery store and back - DONE
    Tuesday: Walk - NOT DONE -Chilled and got ready for going back to work after vacation -
    Wednesday: Walk - DONE - Short one, but done
    Thursday: Walk - DONE
    Friday: Yoga - NOT DONE -Short walk instead
    Saturday - Day off - Since I am walking Sunday, my regular day off.
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm trying again. I've been gone for over 2 months. I've been out of work sense August and stop working out or even caring. So now I'm back. God has been providing for my children and me. I will start this jouney again. I did learn I have to workout to lose wieght or I will gain. I never changed my eating habits but when I was working out I was slowly lossing but as soon as I dtop I have gained over 25 pounds. I'm recommiting to myself and working out, any type is better then nothing.

So hello all, nice to be back.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello

Well good news the 3 lbs I gain over the holidays I lost 1.5 lbs of it so hopefully the rest in a couple of weeks.

The other I felt really bad even bringing up the stuff about my sister. I know none of you know who I am talking about so safe place to process it. I was up half the night thinking about this mad one moment worried for my sister the next. We got on line today with a customer service representive from my sisters ph co. So when we help her the last time the company didn't take our card off her account. She only recieves a small disability check at 50 years old. Apparently some other bills came in right before this was due. That took her money so the phone co tried to get their payment of course it declined. So they just went to the next card on the account which is mine. So we left it alone we paid her bill to help her this month and made sure our card is off of her account. She. Just didn't know this happen till I called. She just assume her bill was paid.

So I feel better knowing it was an honest mistake. My husband and I are trying to see where we can help her more. So these times will be not hsppening. I am sorry that I dump y
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share- well, some of you know me from 6 months ago when I was a regular but I'll give a quick run down on myself for those of you who don't know me yet. I'm Charlotte, 58, single, mother of 2 grown adults and grandmother to 5 wonderful kids ages 2-13. I am an RN and work full time at a community hospital just outside of Toronto, Ontario. I work on a surgical floor which is usually very busy and physically heavy. I've been nursing for almost 40 years and although I still love what I do, its getting harder every year to keep doing it. 3 years ago I had both my knees replaced after years of wear and tear (mostly tear). It was while recovering from surgery that I decided I had to do something about my ever expanding waistline which had been expanding since my kids were born. My daughter introduced me to MFP in the spring of 2011 and for the next year, I did really well, losing about 45 pounds and I felt so much better, more energy and more active. In the spring of 2012, I was diagnosed with uterine cancer and had a total hysterectomy which totally derailed me. I tried to get back to my exercises within the first couple of weeks after surgery but suffered several setbacks including a couple of nasty infections. From there I kind of deflated, became depressed and lethargic, barely getting through my shifts at work and on my days off, I slept. I became a bit of a hermit, turning down invitations to visit with the grandkids which for those of you who knew me before, is something I would never do, but I just found it too hard to enjoy being around them.
    I'm not sure whether I've just had enough time to recover emotionally or what the change is but the last few weeks, I've felt better. I got on the scale and instead of being depressed about all the weight I had gained back, it motivated me to start back on MFP. So, its a new year and a new attempt at getting healthy. I have been cancer free for about 8 months now and although I have other health issues, (arthritis, degenerative disc disease ect.) I am determined that this is going to be a good year for me. I've been back for 6 days now and have only been slightly over my calorie count on 2 days. I've brought my water intake back to my 8-10 glasses a day and am making plans to start exercising on my WII again.
    Its so good to see some familiar names and faces still here and still working hard, its encouraging. Its also good to see all the new faces and names, it also gives me encouragement. So, thats me in a nutshell (emphasis on the nut). I'm going to work hard and keep up with my posts and get this done. This is my year and I'm taking my life back. Charlotte
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Ang -- What a great NSV that is! Nobody has ever called me skinny, except in jest...
    @Nicole -- Hope you get into that English class you're wanting!
    @Karen -- You're doing fantastically well on the treadmill! My experience with polenta is that I find it really hard to make it delicious without using lots of added fat (normally in the form of cheese).
    @Kristen -- that sounds like a really great day. I'm starting to look at thin women and think 'huh, I wonder if she's always been thin or if she tracks madly'.
    @Robin -- welcome back! One cream in your coffee a day won't have made a huge difference.
    @Susan -- ooh, green smoothies sound good.
    @KSea77 -- welcome back! I'm not working at the moment and almost the first thing I did after leaving my job was to resolve to exercise 30 minutes every day. I was worried that if I didn't I would quickly move into a mode where I didn't do anything.
    @Liz -- it's better that it turned out to be a mistake with your sister, isn't it? At least you've got the card off the account now.
    @Charlotte -- what a great Sunday Share. I think you've done fantastically well, and it's possible that your body was just telling you that you needed to wait until you were ready to get stuck in to fitness.

A very quick check-in to say it's Monday, and I stayed the same weight this week, which serves me right for just not quite sticking to plan all round. OK, back on track now.

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

-- Alison
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Peeps.

Monday check in- still holding strong at 250 no gain or loss. I did however get in my sit ups and hand weights this weekend. The walks not so much. I did however climb up and down both sets of stairs in my house when doing 3 loads of laundry. I got a quick walk in Sat like 10 mins nothing to brag about. I am using the gym today at my job after work because my bf has the night off.

My internet is still down at home and can't figure out how to access this post on my phone app so I uninstalled it.

I got to hang out with a friend finally this weekend first time in months. We watched our packer team win. I will say this it felt so good to get out the house. Is it weird that me and my bf never go do things together since we moved in together? I think it is but he has no problem with it. We don't go to movies, play pool, have a drink or even eat out everything like that he does with his friends and our time is spent eating take out in the house while watching movies. Before you ask Yes I have told him lots of times this bothers me but he doesn't seem to care.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Monday Check-in~Never did make it back here yesterday, after I got back from the gym the cleaning bug hit me and I just started organizing things/washing floors, etc. I also made a chicken tortilla soup in the slow cooker yesterday – it turned out fantastic, but next time I will add a can of black beans. My left IT band is still super painful when I walk, but I’m no worse for the wear after my training session yesterday. Today’s workout is the elliptical and rowing machine, so that should give it a little bit of a rest.

Exercice plans this week:

Monday~Elliptical/Row
    Tuesday~Off Day (Zoe’s first vet appointment)
    Wednesday~Run
    Thursday~Training Session
    Friday~Cross Trainer
    Saturday~Run

@Angelika~Awesome!!!
    @Nicole~Good luck this semester & I hope you get in the English class you want to take – I still have another week.
    @Kris~Awesome on the hike – I love that you outlasted the men! :laugh:
    @Liz~I’m sorry for everything you’re going through with your sister, but am glad that things worked out. We’re always here to lend an “ear” when needed, it’s nice to be able to get things off your chest on occasion.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had a good weekend. Welcome home, Robin. Mine was good, too, and this morning it is snowing. That means that the bitter cold that we have had is finally going away. It also means that I will be walking on the indoor track this week. I have mixed feelings about that. I'd rather walk outside, but I'm glad to have access to the track.
    Sometimes Sunday isn't the best day for me to weigh in. I only had a .2 loss yesterday. Today I am down 3.6 from yesterday. It is tempting to enter that as my weight, but then if it doesn't hold, I would have a gain. I guess I'll just be patient and see what happens.
    The jeans I put on this morning are so big! DH says, "You almost can't wear those." The advantage of being really pear shaped is that I am in no danger of them falling off. :laugh:
    Have a good week. Good luck to those who are going back to school this week. We'll all hang in there and get this done. :drinker: 0
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Here we go. I'm back! I have been not eating as well as I should weight loss has stopped, but my blood sugar and pressure are still good. I have been creeping up the amount of calories and I'm going to put an end to it starting today. Since Thanksgiving I have been averaging more calories.

Bad_zps3e7efeaf-1_zps5753bfbb.jpg

So wave goodbye to the fat guy becuase starting right now (after a not so good breakfast) I will do better!

santa-animated1_zps6e0e6288.gif
    santa_g1_zps6501f2df.gif
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Monday Check-in:
    Did weight myself again this morning and I'm 215. So, only 1 lb from my lowest weight on December 4th. That makes my goal of ONEderland by April 7th pretty darn doable..

Pouring rain today so my exercise will have to be all indoor. I'm thinking some strength training and half an hour of yoga.

@Susan - I've been thinking a lot about Christine as well. I hope everything is OK.
    @KSea - Welcome back!
    @Liz - Great job on the loss of holiday weight. The rest will happen super fast, I'm sure.
    @Charlotte - So glad you are feeling better and are rarin' to go ahead.
    @Kah -Glad to hear you aren't in too much pain. Do you do stretches or foam rolling for your IT Band?
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Laura, and do need to lose more than 100. I was doing well at the beginning of last year, then get a month-long pneumonia, and that totally sidelined me. After a little bit of floundering, I totally took the chowtrain up to my highest weight ever. I'd like to join in with you, if I may. I would love having a daily thread to post goals and challenges, etc. and get support. I struggle a LOT with chronic pain, and I have let that really own me for too long. I have done pretty well since the 2nd on food. Trying to start out by stretching every day, logging my food, and limiting to one soda per day (until these are gone... I had been drinking like 4/day).
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,153 Member
    Options
    Good day! I had a good weekend and got some more intense activity which is a goal for this year! Walking total for the week: 47 miles. I have :sad: FIVE:sad: weeks to my doctor's appointment so I will continue to hit this HARD as I have to face the dreaded DOCTOR'S OFFICE SCALE!! :cry:

So dear friends, off I go, can't sit in front of the computer.......best wishes to everyone.

LET'S DO THIS!! :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • blturner1
    blturner1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I had a really good weekend, tracked all my food, got all my water in, was able to get some exercise in and had a 1 lb. loss. Off to a great start for the new year. Hope I can keep focused and motivated and not let the other crap in life set me back again. :smile:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    After a summer of no internet house setting for my parents while they were in Alaska and then the semester from HELL, I am back and I plan on staying this time.
    Nice to see you are back.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    @Laurie - thanks for doing the rollover! :heart:

Just rolled in to the BF's house from the trip - exhausted but happy! First on the agenda was to read this thread and try and catch up! Tomorrow I drive the hour to my condo and get on my scale - hope all is well with that figure. I didn't track calories while away but think I did fairly well, we usually only ate twice a day and did more walking than I usually do, also I avoided all desserts. The only down fall was real cream for my morning coffee at the hotel - I usually use skim milk, so that could affect things. I'm going to post my weight and put up my ticker and start from tomorrow with a concerted effort to lose 2 lbs a week. I KNOW I CAN DO IT!

Gosh, I missed you all! HUGS EVERYBODY!

Welcome back Robin. Glad you had a good time and all the walking probably helped even out the cream. Wow! avoiding desserts is huge pat yourself on the back and smile.
  • kah68
    Options
    Monday Check-in:
    Did weight myself again this morning and I'm 215. So, only 1 lb from my lowest weight on December 4th. That makes my goal of ONEderland by April 7th pretty darn doable..

Pouring rain today so my exercise will have to be all indoor. I'm thinking some strength training and half an hour of yoga.

@Kah -Glad to hear you aren't in too much pain. Do you do stretches or foam rolling for your IT Band?

Awesome job on the loss! You WILL make that goal by April - you're doing great!

Yes, I do stretch and foam roll after every workout. I've been running A LOT so IT bands and hip flexors are really tight/inflamed - I'm seeing a medical massage therapist to help and he's advised me not to use the foam roller for the time being. He's not a big fan of foam rollers, feels they can sometimes do more harm than good if they aren't used correctly - so wants me to stay off them for a while. He did a deep tissue massage of those areas on Saturday, which has caused the extra discomfort - I see him again this Sunday, hopefully that session won't be near as painful (I about came off the table on Saturday).
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Hello. I'm Laura, and do need to lose more than 100. I was doing well at the beginning of last year, then get a month-long pneumonia, and that totally sidelined me. After a little bit of floundering, I totally took the chowtrain up to my highest weight ever. I'd like to join in with you, if I may. I would love having a daily thread to post goals and challenges, etc. and get support. I struggle a LOT with chronic pain, and I have let that really own me for too long. I have done pretty well since the 2nd on food. Trying to start out by stretching every day, logging my food, and limiting to one soda per day (until these are gone... I had been drinking like 4/day).

Welcome Laura. You've found a fantastic group of people and amazing cheerleaders.

@Kah - I asked about the foam rollers because a friend swears by them. I tried a deep tissue massage ONCE on a cruise and it didn't work out. I kept from screaming through most of it but when got to my calves I wound up kicking him right in the face. I didn't MEAN to, it was pure reflex. Holy moly I thought he was trying to kill me, I've never felt such pain. My Dr has talked about therapeutic massage for me as i have a fractured vertebrae from an old injury that never healed and it reeks all sorts of havoc on my back. That experience has made me really hesitant to try any sort of massage other than a light chair.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    Options
    Welcome Laura

Here are my goals so far for the week and my mini goals. Please feel free to question me if I don't make my goal for some reason counting calories is still not enough countability for me.

Fitness Goals:
    Mon- 20 sit up, 30 arm curls, 10 modified push ups and walk the treadmill for an hour
    Tue- 20 sit up, 10 modified push ups and walk treadmill 30 minutes
    Wed- 20 sit up, 30 arm curls, 10 modified push ups and walk the treadmill 30 mins
    Thur- 20 sit up, 10 modified push ups and walk treadmill 30 minutes
    Fri- 20 sit up, 30 arm curls, 10 modified push ups and walk the treadmill 30 mins
    Sat- 20 sit up, 30 arm curls, 10 modified push ups and walk the treadmill for an hour

Mini goals:
    Lose 10lbs by 3/1/13-- Spa Day
    Lose 10lbs by 5/1/13-- Reward buy Bare Mineral or Sheer Cover make up kit
    Lose 10lbs by 7/1/13-- New Outfit or shoes
    Lose 10lbs by 9/1/13-- Night or weekend all alone in Hotel or BB
    Lose 10lbs by 11/1/13-- Real not fake Coach Purse

Daily Goals:
    Make wise food choices
    Drink 8 glasses of water a day
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Thank you to all who offer support with the debit card issue . Yes I am glad it was a mistake there past situation that made me go there with this. But I shouldn't judge someone by their pasts. We all have history and no one wants to be judge by our past mistakes. Good lesson to me in grace and I am eating a bit of humble pie.

But through all of this I didn't turn to food.

@Laurie thanks for the rollover
    @MyMOwMOw. I have never had a deep tissue massage don't think I could handle it either.
    @Kaye glad you had a good weekend.

@Hope all of the returning students and teachers have a good day.

Today lots of weird weather here. Staying inside luckily this is my dayoff. Today I am allowing myself to.just relax.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Liz
  • kah68
    Options
    After not having a massage for many years I can remember a regular chair massage leaving me in pain for days. Deep tissue massage is always a bad idea if you've never had a massage before. Sometimes its hard for massage therapists to get through all the fibers of the muscle to give you relief, so depending on what you are looking for out of the massage they will recommend deep tissue - I've been seeing this massage therapist for a while and after several regular massages we made the decision to start with deep tissue to help with the elasticity of some problem areas. I almost came off the table and cursed like a sailor a few times. :laugh:

@Kris~I know several people that swear by those foam rollers as well, and for the most part they work really well for me immediately following my workout.