Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful Sunday. My husband just got a nice cooked breakfast as I was craving eggs. We don't do alot of cooked breakfast around here so it was a nice treat for him. I dont have a whole lot planned for the day. We are going over to my parents in a bit and going to play some cards. Other then that not a whole lot planned. I am going to look up some recipies for dinner. I have pork chops thawing and some nice spiced apple jam that I thought would make a nice glaze. Just not real sure how to go about it. Got to spoil the hubby when he is home so steak last night and pork chops tonight. I am hoping to work in some floor exercises this afternoon but that shouldnt be to hard. Have a great day everyone and drink that water :drinker: :drinker:
  • blturner1
    blturner1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    After a summer of no internet house setting for my parents while they were in Alaska and then the semester from HELL, I am back and I plan on staying this time.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Sunday share: I had a very tiny loss this week (point 2), but that is okay. Last time that happened, I more than made up for it the next week. I think that you are all pretty well acquainted with me. My current needlework project is a chemo cap for a dear friend who is undergoing chemotherapy right now. I made one for her, but it is way too big. I'm going to try again today with a different pattern. Her husband shaved his head in support of her. He had a really nice head of hair. He said he was freezing today. I may make him a cap, too.
    Enjoy your Sunday. Kaye
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    NSV WARNING you may want to cover your ears while I squeal with delight. Hubby and I had a really good diet and exercise week so we rewarded ourselves with a trip to the bakery (as you know from previous posts, we reward our good behavior for the week with a meal at bakery) The waitress took our order and after a while we ordered pastries for dessert and she said, "How can you two stay so skinny eating like this." Now I know I am fifty pounds from being skinny and it was a person working for a tip, but no one has EVER called me "Skinny" before, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Laurie- thanks for the rollover :)

AngelikaLumie - I can't wait for the day someone calls me "skinny"- teehee That is AWESOME! :drinker:

Skinnyjeanz- I am back to school tomorrow also (on the other side of the desk)- and I am SOOOO incredibly excited! I guess it's different when you are the student and it isn't your "job". ;)

grandmakaye44- Any loss is a good loss! You are doing wonderfully! It is so thoughtful of you to make caps for your friends.. and how sweet that the husband shaved his head in support of his wife.

Alison- Great job on breaking your record!

Sunday share- Tomorrow I will camp in at the English class I am wanting. I moved up to the number 1 spot on the wait list, and have remained there for weeks. I emailed the instructor, who I had for my previous English class, and she said that because it is an honors class, she can't expand it. She did state that she tends to scare students away on the first day... let's hope she is especially intimidating tomorrow! :bigsmile:

I've added a green drink to my normal vitamin regimen. I have used a couple of this brands products in the last several months, and love them. I am hoping that between adding the veggies and fruits back in, the walking, and this, I will be back to ship shape in no time!

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @nicole--I'm not upset about going back to work per se, I just wish I had gotten through more grading while on break. I love the classroom part of my job--it's all of the homework (grading and prepping) that drags me down.

@angelika--that is a super duper NSV!!! :drinker:

@kaye--so sweet of you to make the caps for your friend! Congrats on the teeny loss--every little bit counts! :flowerforyou:

@blturner--I knew I saw you peek in before the roll-over--welcome back!! Hope this semester is better!

@tammy--we are having pork chops for dinner too (but no apple glaze). Enjoy!

@alison--I think I would also be out of "saved" clothes at this point, but my sister gave me a bunch of smaller stuff which is really nice on my budget. We had agreed not to exchange xmas presents this year (we just bought for our niece), but I gave her $100 to buy herself some new clothes. She objected at first, but I insisted that she's probably saved me 10 times that amount. Great job with the new PB!!

Exercise Goals
    Mon--walk gunner + gym (weights and treadmill) DONE
    Tues--walk at zoo DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (treadmill) DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + core (not DONE)
    Fri--walk gunner (not DONE)
    Sat--walk gunner + core (not DONE)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (weights and treadmill) DONE

Grading goals:
    1. x/22 diction analyses
    2. 19/22 Failure essays
    3. 21/29 Scarlet Letter Papers
    4. x/48 AP essays
    5. x/11 AP analysis activities

Sunday Share:
    I took Gunner for a walk--it was very slick out so it was a pretty slow pace (it took us 20 minutes to go our 1 mile route). Then I went to the gym and did about 15 minutes of weights and ran 4 miles on the treadmill. I started out at a slower pace (5.3 mph) and that helped a bit, but I was still struggling to get through the last mile--had to alternate walking and running. I did finish about 20 seconds faster than last week, so a bit of progress. I'm just going to keep doing the 4 mile run once or twice a week until it gets easier, then I will bump up to 5 miles.

Yesterday I signed up for the Cinco de Miler (8k) in May and the Terrapin 5k in August. I also plan to do Dirty Girl Mud Run in June, Run for Your Lives 5k (zombie obstacle run) in Sept, and the Turkey Trot in Nov. Not sure if I will try for the 10k Turkey Trot--we'll see how this 8k goes...

Now I'm at Starbucks--I HAVE to finish grading goals 2 and 3 from my list. Time to stop procrastinating on this thread and get busy!!!
  • jumpy983
    Options
    Sunday Share: My family was in from out of town to visit our family and I was so nerve wracked! It was my grandparents, parents and out of state cousins, so we had a houseful. It was a great visit. We toured the local animal shelter, which is where I work and then we went to the beach (which is close to my house) and I saw all the skinny chicks which used to just make me hang my head like "they must have such a great metabolism" but now it just motivated me because I'm starting to realize that the skinny people are usually tracking or going to the gym or something!!

So I'm still under for today's calories and not too terribly hungry, will probably just fix a little dinner and then off to bed!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Grading goals:
    1. x/22 diction analyses
    2. 19/22 Failure essays
    3. 29/29 Scarlet Letter Papers DONE!!!
    4. x/48 AP essays
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Laurie - thanks for doing the rollover! :heart:

Just rolled in to the BF's house from the trip - exhausted but happy! First on the agenda was to read this thread and try and catch up! Tomorrow I drive the hour to my condo and get on my scale - hope all is well with that figure. I didn't track calories while away but think I did fairly well, we usually only ate twice a day and did more walking than I usually do, also I avoided all desserts. The only down fall was real cream for my morning coffee at the hotel - I usually use skim milk, so that could affect things. I'm going to post my weight and put up my ticker and start from tomorrow with a concerted effort to lose 2 lbs a week. I KNOW I CAN DO IT!

Gosh, I missed you all! HUGS EVERYBODY!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Welcome home Robin!

DH bought instant polenta--I've never cooked with it before, but he found a recipe for spinach and goat cheese polenta. I don't have any spinach so I substituted asparagus. I also used water instead of chicken broth and skipped the milk altogether. I'll let you know how it turns out--it's pretty low-cal so I hope it's good!

Grading goals:
    1. x/22 diction analyses
    2. 22/22 Failure essays DONE!!!
    3. 29/29 Scarlet Letter Papers DONE!!!
    4. x/48 AP essays
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling...I failed each day of this first week...I''m thinking why is my will power so weak..why can't I follow the calorie goal...I really want to get back down to 135 this year...how will I do it? Feel like I'm never going to be able to commit to losing this weight ; - ( Need help and motivation

You will be able to commit to losing weight. It is not easy in the beginning since you are adjusting to new eating habits, foods etc. Making one or two good choices a day will help you with the will power. Just remember that exercise is a friend when it comes to eating more- you can always workout to earn additional food calories. You have found a great group of people on this thread and we have all experienced the challenges of self control and will power. You can do it.

Karen Hope you meet your grading goals.

Robin- Welcome home.
    Biturner and Sherri- welcome back
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    /quote
    I am really struggling...I failed each day of this first week...I''m thinking why is my will power so weak..why can't I follow the calorie goal...I really want to get back down to 135 this year...how will I do it? Feel like I'm never going to be able to commit to losing this weight ; - ( Need help and motivation /quote

We all have those days... sometimes, you just have to pick yourself up and push through the down times. I know from personal experience how difficult that can be, but it IS worth it.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    SKINNYJEANSBOUND
    @angelika--glad we have a common goal! While driving home from WI today, I was thinking that I cannot envision myself as a size 8 or 10--I guess b/c I have no frame of reference having never been that small. I almost have a kind of mental block right now that makes me feel like it's ludicrous to think I will ever be smaller than I am right now (in a 12/14). However, at the same time I am completely aware of the fact that I still have PLENTY of excess fat on my body. I guess I will just have to keep working hard to see the results.
    I vaguely remember being a size 10 when I was 10, but most of my adult life was spent as a size 16 until I had a series of health issues and went up to a high of 24W I really want to be a single digit size just to see what it looks and feels like. I am going to make you my official "single digit" goal partner.

Sadly, I don't ever remember being a size 10 or smaller. I have always been in plus sizes even as a kid gotta love those 1/2 sizes. Most of my adult life was in size 18 or higher. My current goal is to fit consistently into a size 14 then I will see where I go next. I don't think my body knows the meaning of being a size 10 or reaching a weight below 188. I am still stuck in the 190's to 200's depending on the time of day I weigh in.

Today, I went curling for the 2nd time in my life. I had a great time learning the sport and will go again. Regretfully, I think I tweaked my knee in the process and only fell once on the ice. I don't think it was the fall that did the knee in but the stretching earlier before the event and trying to lunge out of the hack. Needless to say, I am unable to do lunges at the gym so why did I think the ice would be any better. I have ice on it now so hopefully it will be better by morning.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie--hope the knee isn't too bad.

The polenta turned out okay, but I prefer quinoa.

Got done with the grading that I NEEDED to finish by tomorrow, but I still have a bunch to complete for the last 2 weeks of the semester.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way and I just resolved to be a better tracker, and then to make ONE better choice each day.
    So last night, when I was driving home from work at 12 AM and my boss asked me to bring him back mcdonalds...instead of getting a FULL meal like I normally do, I got a large Fry. Wasn't the best choice, but I logged it and moved on and actually, I was 125 under today. First time in a while that i've been under! But the hardest part for me was to be honest in my tracking. And instead of eating the creamy parmesean dressing like normal, i opted for a lowfat option. And that was a success. So I am happy with a small victory. I hope that helps? I'm certainly rooting for you. One day at a time. You don't have to lose ALL the pounds, you just have to lose ONE pound...and repeat. :)

@Jumpy - You've got it!! One day at a time is all it takes. Think of all the calories you saved not ordering the burger too. You could have always ordered a Kids Meal too. I think that's what has really helped me change my mindset. I can still eat some of those things, but I do a lot of "Eat This/Not That" kind of thinking. I love your last sentence - so true!!!!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Laurie- thanks for the rollover :)

AngelikaLumie - I can't wait for the day someone calls me "skinny"- teehee That is AWESOME! :drinker:

Skinnyjeanz- I am back to school tomorrow also (on the other side of the desk)- and I am SOOOO incredibly excited! I guess it's different when you are the student and it isn't your "job". ;)

grandmakaye44- Any loss is a good loss! You are doing wonderfully! It is so thoughtful of you to make caps for your friends.. and how sweet that the husband shaved his head in support of his wife.

Alison- Great job on breaking your record!

Sunday share- Tomorrow I will camp in at the English class I am wanting. I moved up to the number 1 spot on the wait list, and have remained there for weeks. I emailed the instructor, who I had for my previous English class, and she said that because it is an honors class, she can't expand it. She did state that she tends to scare students away on the first day... let's hope she is especially intimidating tomorrow! :bigsmile:

I've added a green drink to my normal vitamin regimen. I have used a couple of this brands products in the last several months, and love them. I am hoping that between adding the veggies and fruits back in, the walking, and this, I will be back to ship shape in no time!

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway
    I totally agree on the green drinks. My whole journey started in August when I started making green smoothies and couldnt believe how much better I felt in just a week. I dring them 3 or 4 mornings a week now. It was every day but I was starting to get a little burnt so I diversify a little now.
  • susan2396
    Options

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time out to uplift and encourage me...I am going to start week two one day at a time....and go from there. You are right...it is just one day at a time and I know that I can do it. I've done it before...my problem came when I met my goal and slowly got comfortable again...it took a long hard look in the mirror and the realization that I cannot fit into my old clothes or me to truly and mentally commit...it's all in my mind...I know that I will be able to do it this time around...thank you so much for the encouragement!!!

I've got a ways to go, but I keep learning so much from everyone on this thread. Everyone is at a different place in their journey. For me, I know this is my life going forward. I'm never going to be able to stop. Even when I reach my goal or feel comfortable in my skin, I know I'm going to have to keep to my calorie counting and portion control. I've battled my weight and the mental challenges for so long I know losing the weight will not be the magic cure. I'm just hoping to get to that point where I can maintain a healthy weight through proper eating and exercise plus accept the new me too.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    bump
  • susan2396
    Options
    NSV WARNING you may want to cover your ears while I squeal with delight. Hubby and I had a really good diet and exercise week so we rewarded ourselves with a trip to the bakery (as you know from previous posts, we reward our good behavior for the week with a meal at bakery) The waitress took our order and after a while we ordered pastries for dessert and she said, "How can you two stay so skinny eating like this." Now I know I am fifty pounds from being skinny and it was a person working for a tip, but no one has EVER called me "Skinny" before, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Woo Hoo!!!! Good for you. What a great post and I'm so happy for you. I know just a few days ago you were feeling a little in the dumps for gaining a tad bit, but this is just the motivation you need to keep going as planned. You're going to do GREAT!!!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    @Robin - Welcome home! I'm glad you had a good time. I bet the walking helped offset any extra cream or calories you might have had over the visit. I always look at those visits as time well spent. You're back and ready to get started again, which is what matters. Have a GREAT week ahead!

Has anyone spoken to Christine lately? I know someone shared she was pretty sick before the holidays, but didn't know if anyone has heard from her lately. I miss reading her posts.

To all our teachers and students going back tomorrow, enjoy the first day back!! I know it will be a crazy day I'm sure, but it's good to get back in the swing of things. I know we get MLK off in 2 weeks so a long weekend ahead in just 2 weeks, but after that it's a solid 2 months before Spring Break. I know my son is not thrilled to be returning.

Sunday Share: Very good weekend overall. Saturday was a little splurge and went to the salon for a facial and pedicure. I had to do a little shopping afterwards at Trader Joe's, Target and the grocery store. I was pooped by the time I got back so no major walk, but just some leisurely walking while shopping. Sunday was church in the AM. I did get in a 4-mile walk utside, which felt great!! I dyed my hair for the first time myself. I was paying to have it done and scheduled for a color/cut on Wednesday, but I'm tired of paying so decided to give it a try. Color wasn't too bad if I say so myself. I'm still going for the cut though, which I desparately need. I'm not sure what my hairdresser will have to say, but oh well. I just can't keep paying it. Tonight was our last class. My son and I have been taking a 13-week class called Growing Kids God's Way. It's been a wonderful experience that I hope to make some positive changes in the way I'm raising my son. Life is good.