Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Toots- Great NSV---So Happy for YOU!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Tina- Can you run after work then head home? I hope you find a solution for the treadmill issue.

Workout schedule for the 1-5 to 1-11
    Saturday- Gym Cardio and trainer workout for Day 1
    Sunday- Curling
    Monday- Cardio- trainer workout Day 3
    Tuesday- Rest Day
    Wednesday-Trainer workout
    Thursday- Gym or Rest
    Friday- Rock Climbing

My trainer has designed two workout days for me to follow when I don't train with him. I am looking forward to trying them. I will start tomorrow when I hit the gym.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    had a bit of an NSV when i went and got that license i didn't want to get. after she took my picture she went to her manager and said she had to get clearance on my pic. I asked if something was wrong. i guess they have some kind of machine that does face proportions and she said it no longer matched the last picture so she had to get approval. she said it was usually caused by someone losing or gaining a lot of weight. i wouldn't say it's A LOT of weight, but i guess it's enough to make a difference.

[/quote

Awesome NSV - Good for you! I would hate that feeling like always thinking about the negative first. What a positive outcome!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I'm so glad to be back on track. I hit the gym (6:00 AM) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. When I started MFP back in August and 38 lbs heavier, I was a steady 20 minute mile. Today on the treadmill was hill mode at 3.8 using 8% incline for a 16.5 minute mile and I walked 4 miles. I'm going to tackle running soon. Very happy so far. I plan to walk outside on Saturday and Sunday. The nice thing about Vegas is your almost guaranteed sunshine every day. I love it!!! Bring on the weekend!!!
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Tina- Can you run after work then head home? I hope you find a solution for the treadmill issue.

Well on the days I don't have school I could. But the days I have school I wont be able to. Which I only have eve classes on Mon and Thursdays. So I will figure something out :)
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness.... 1.85 miles today! Woohoo, and she's back in action. :) That is three walks this week and I am under most days on my calories. Lots more water and veggies too. I am starting to feel much better... but I am breaking out! It is like my body is trying to push out all the junk I've eaten. I guess this means I better stick to it, eh? :tongue:

The guy... well, he came over tonight- with pizza... my first thought was UGH :angry: does he not listen?? But he brings it in, saying he got "healthy pizza"... Papa Murphy's chicken delight.:smooched: It took me over on my calories.. but it was such a sweet gesture- he is trying, right? Then I told him I should walk it off... he said, "ok, let's go". Turns out, he is fun to walk with.. .he was really supportive and great. I am still not sure where or how far this can go... but right now, it's okay. I think I just have to step back a bit, right? Maybe I'm a sucker... but there is only one way to find out.

Anyway, I hope you all are ready for a fabulous weekend filled with healthy choices and lots of joy. :drinker: drink up! :drinker:
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    In response to vickimeith's message: Please Lord, let me get to a point where my favorite anything is too big for me. Love this post and congratulations. Keep pushing on to onderland, you'll make it and find another pair of favorites to wear that look even better. :)
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so many great posts, I wish I had time to respond to more of them. I'm back to work tonight after being off for the last 2 weeks and its been a rough one. I work permanent nights as an RN on a busy surgical floor and during the holidays we always fill up with heavy medical patients, so the work gets even harder. I've been able to stick to my food plan and am happy to say I'm back to drinking 8 - 10 glasses of water/day. But on the negative side, I've yet to start back on my WII. Going to try to pull it out and start this w/e but am so tired this morning I think I'm going to head straight to bed when I get home. I'm working all w/e so nothing planned other than sleep, eat and work. Hope everyone has a wonderful w/e with lots of good activities. So glad to be back on MFP. Charlotte
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,153 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - off to try my brand new Zumba Gold DVD. This old lady is excited. I hope and pray I won't break or injure any of my body parts............

Hey, DRINK THAT WATER!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: The thing that I am noticing the most is the increased energy that I have. I know that it is from not carrying all that extra weight. I love being able to get more done.
    Have a great day, and keep working on those goals. Kaye
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Lin~Enjoy Zumba!
    @Kaye~Awesome, its a great feeling, isn't it?!

Saturday Success~Scale was down this week another 1.4# - I haven't done measurements in a while but think I need to, I'm seeing some more definition and clothes are looser.

I just got back from the gym - did a 40 minute run and then went to a nutrition class, very informative. Now hanging out until my massage appointment at 1:00, then time to hit the grocery store. Busy, busy day.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    @Mara - Good on you for working through your cold. I know how hard it is to get moving when you feel like carp. From what I've read, if it's above the neck work out through it. If it's below the neck, let your body rest.
    @Tina - I'm sorry to hear about the treadmill you were using. Hopefully you get something worked out soon.
    @Charlotte - Welcome back :) I hope work calms down a bit so you can get working out...but it sounds like you might be getting that workout @ work.
    @JT Const - How has your water in take been? I know if I don't get enough water I get terrible headaches.
    @Vickie - *SOO* excited for you being so close to ONEderland. That's HUGE and so exciting!
    @Laurie - That's great that your trainer hooked you up with a workout. It's sure to be a great burn/strengthener
    @Susan - Good job on getting to the gym. I so want to try running a bit but... I'm too self conscious to try it in public and I don't have a treadmill (co workers wife won't give hers up, so I guess it's a no go on my free one).
    @Naceto - Glad you're giving the guy another chance. Stand strong by your goals and be open with him about what they are. If he's a good man he'll support you and HELP you achieve them. Just be prepared to tell him how to help you achieve them.
    @Linder - Let us know how you like the Zumba CD. I've had a hankering for one. Zumba looks like a fun (but hard) workout.
    @GrandmaKaye - The increase in energy is the biggest bonus of healthy living. Imo, it's combination of less weight and eating a good healthy diet to fuel your body in a way that lets it thrive.

Saturday Success - Down to 216.6 so only about 1.5 lbs above my lowest on 12/4/12. I can be back where I belong by next weekend I think. That THRILLS me. Friday I took my scale into work (it's been a number of months since I have had it done) and had it calibrated. The .10th of a lb is a bit iffy in my weight range but the regular numbers are spot on. I wanted to check its accuracy since there was so much swing this month. I guess the 'swing' was my body. :laugh:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello all Well the good news the headache is just a little niggle easily ignored now. So I got up and looked around the house and have decided goblins must live here when I am not looking. I dont know how it keeps getting so messy. I am the only one here with any regularity and I was in bed most of yesterday. Oh well time to clean it so it can mess itself up again. I hope everyone has some fun plans for the weekend. I am going to be spending as much time as I can with the hubby as he will be leaving soon to go back to Alaska for a couple of months. My daughter graduates this month and plans on looking for a place of her own within a month or two. It will be just me and the animals then when the hubby is gone. Gonna be weird but I am not quite as emotional about the whole idea as I was. I have done pretty good on my eating this last week and have gotten some exercise so I seem to be getting back on track. Alright I will go clean the kitchen now but I wont like it. Dont forget drink your water folks:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,153 Member
    Options
    Yip!! I did the Zumba GOLD cardio DVD---45 minutes total and I ADORED IT!!

This isn't Zumba but the Gold version designed for older people so it's designed to be easier on the joints. I had tried regular Zumba a few times last year but it didn't click for me. This does. Dancing shoes, concrete floor so you can move easily===success.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the day.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • naceto
    Options

This isn't Zumba but the Gold version designed for older people so it's designed to be easier on the joints. I had tried regular Zumba a few times last year but it didn't click for me. This does. Dancing shoes, concrete floor so you can move easily===success.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif

Yay! I have to look into this. So glad you found a fun activity to support reaching your goals! :drinker:
  • naceto
    Options

Saturday Success - Down to 216.6 so only about 1.5 lbs above my lowest on 12/4/12. I can be back where I belong by next weekend I think. That THRILLS me. Friday I took my scale into work (it's been a number of months since I have had it done) and had it calibrated. The .10th of a lb is a bit iffy in my weight range but the regular numbers are spot on. I wanted to check its accuracy since there was so much swing this month. I guess the 'swing' was my body. :laugh:

Woohoo that is awesome!!!! I am so happy for you! Keep up the great work... Funny, I weighed yesterday and I was ALSO 1.5 lbs away from my lowest. We can kick that 1.5lbs right outta the park!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @toots & laurie--thanks for keeping an eye on the thread in case it rolled over while I was away last night. :flowerforyou:

@lin--glad you found a new workout activity that you like!

@tammy--I know what you mean about the house messing itself up--it's just me and the DH, but somehow every time I get the dining room table almost cleared, new stuff magically deposits itself there. :ohwell:

@nicole & kris--glad you guys are almost back to your lowest weight!

@nicole--glad the guy is making an effort!

@susan--wow, an 8% incline!! That's brave! I run FLAT! :laugh:

@liz--I'm going on 2 years and I still weigh/measure whenever possible. I also am pretty good at eyeballing it, but I figure when I'm at home I may as well be precise and save the guesswork for when I'm dining out.

@vickie--I had a favorite pair of CK jeans; loved everything about them--the wash, the cut, the feel. I had also spent about $100 on them which is something I almost NEVER do. I was really sad when they got too big, but you know what? I have new favorite jeans that are 2 sizes smaller, and I don't miss those CK jeans at all! Congrats on nearing Onederland!! :drinker:

@kristen--I would say that definitely counts! Can't wait to hear how you like Insanity--I've never tried it, but hear it's a killer!

@kaye--great job with the stairs--that knee will be at 100% in no time!

@tina--I love laurie's idea to run after work. Maybe you can do some core work or one of your dvd's in the days you have class. It's good for your running muscles to take days off in between runs--that way they get a chance to rest completely and you'll make more progress with your endurance and speed.

@mara--hope you enjoyed your workout!

@angelika--glad we have a common goal! While driving home from WI today, I was thinking that I cannot envision myself as a size 8 or 10--I guess b/c I have no frame of reference having never been that small. I almost have a kind of mental block right now that makes me feel like it's ludicrous to think I will ever be smaller than I am right now (in a 12/14). However, at the same time I am completely aware of the fact that I still have PLENTY of excess fat on my body. I guess I will just have to keep working hard to see the results.

Saturday Success:
    Well I had a good time at my friend's in WI. We went out for dinner and I was about to get the fish fry or a juicy burger. Then I saw they had a "new" item--a wrap with quinoa, baby spinach, red pepper, and grilled chicken. I ordered that and it was delicious! I only ate half b/c it was huge--just finished the other half for lunch today. Good thing I ate a semi-healthy dinner b/c we went back to my friend's house and made peanut butter kiss cookies and also munched on peanut m&m's. I'm sure I went over on calories, but at least I made *some* good choices.

I stopped at school to drop off some grading and make some copies. Headed to starbucks to get some more work done. :drinker:

Exercise Goals
    Mon--walk gunner + gym (weights and treadmill) DONE
    Tues--walk at zoo DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + gym (treadmill) DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + core (not DONE)
    Fri--walk gunner (not DONE)
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + core
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

Grading goals:
    1. x/22 diction analyses
    2. 19/22 Failure essays
    3. 17/29 Scarlet Letter Papers
    4. x/48 AP essays
    5. x/11 AP analysis activities
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
    Can ask where you got this and what it cost. I have watched my daughter do regular Zumba and it looked like fun but a little much for me at this time.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Amazon has it for 47.00
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    This has been a crazy day with no formal exercise plan meet. I started with a trip to the chiropractor in an effort to release the tension in my neck and shoulders. The traffic heading in the direction I needed to go was backed up and stopped at some points so I took the long way around. I was going to meet my friend at the gym but that was squashed since once we got there there was no place to park (Recreation Center =winter basketball leagues=no parking on Saturdays-ughhh). So we went to lunch. Then I ran into parking problems at the Amish market finally headed home again. Gym parking lot still busy. DId not make it to the gym but did do a little workout at home using hand weights. Now I am finally home for the night.

Success actually using the hand weights and doing a workout at home instead of the gym. The weights are light but at least it is a start.
  • jumpy983
    Options
    Saturday Success: Went to work and stayed WAY UNDER and wasn't hungry at all.