Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I am trying not to eat at restaurants where I do not have control over what goes into the meals, but sometimes I have to. So this link might be helpful if you have to go out to eat.

http://dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp

Carry on.
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Okay. so I'm new to this site and topic. and I'm kinda nervous to share my goals with strangers.. but I am a very optimistic person SO.. here I go.!

Tuesday-
    My goals.. I want to atleast look at myself once in the mirror today and see myself as beautiful. also, I want to work this soreness of workin' out away. >.<"

Please feel free to add me, the more support the better.

Always, Diana.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday MFP friends. I hope everyones day is going well. I am not nearly as energetic as yesterday but am still slowly getting some stuff done. I had to run to town to pick up a couple things so swung by the lake on the way home and had a nice walk. When I got home I made a nice large salad for lunch. It is amazing how many calories can add up into there when you add in the yummies other then veggies:tongue: Oh well it was really good and I still have plenty of calories left for dinner.

Alison I wanted to send out the super congrats on 50 pounds gone. You are doing so awesome:bigsmile:

I like the sound of the March challenges. I will think on ideas over the next couple of days. I am going to get in at least 30 min of exercise every day this week. No letting me slack. I CAN do this. Have a great day everyone:drinker: :drinker:

Sunday: played wii and danced around living room
    Monday: played wii and danced around living room
    Tuesday: took a 30 min walk around the lake
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Diana! Don't worry about sharing with strangers, we won't be strangers for long if you keep coming by! And you will not find a more supportive group anywhere!
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. My kids did an in class project in small groups so I was able to complete some much needed grading and tutoring with my lower kids. It was wonderful. I wish I could take more days like that, but sadly our curriculum doesn't let it.

Other than that, I have been on track with my goals for the week, minus the AM run, which I instead did in the PM. Insanity Day 2 was VERY hard! I had to modify some of the exercises that involved jumping because I live in an apt and I don't think my neighbors appreciated me thudding up and down since they started beating on the ceiling, so I had to stop jumping and just take big steps. On the last set of core work, I was REALLY having trouble completing it because I have absolutely NO upper body strength. I did what I could but ended up having to stop and just rest during that part. My heart was racing, so I figured it didn't hurt anything.

Monday- C25K Week 2:Day 1 (AM) and Insanity Fit Test (PM) DONE!!!!!
    Tuesday- C25K Week 2: Day 2 (AM) and Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit (PM) DONE!!!!
    Wednesday- C25K Week 2: Day 3 (AM) and Insanity Power Cardio and Resistance (PM)
    Thursday- C25K Week 3: Day 1 (AM) and Insanity Cardio Recovery (PM)
    Friday- C25K Week 3: Day 2 (AM) and Insanity Pure Cardio (PM)
    Saturday- C25K Week 3: Day 3 (AM) and Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit (PM)
    Sunday- REST

@Skinny- You asked if I did the workout daily like 30 Day Shred or changed it up. The program is designed to do 6 days on with one day of rest on Sunday. So basically, you have to start on a Monday. But the workouts you complete are different everyday. You do cardio each day, but each day focuses on different muscle groups. :) I think that between running 6 days a week and then doing Insanity that I am helping myself. The runs loosen me up and get me ready for Insanity, so I hope it ends up working out.

I hope everyone has a GREAT evening. I'm off to chug another gallon of water and cook some dinner. Need to get some protein in after that massive workout. I hope you all had a great day! :)
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Welcome, Diana! Don't worry about sharing with strangers, we won't be strangers for long if you keep coming by! And you will not find a more supportive group anywhere!

Thank you Desdemina.! :D I am guna be in this group for sometime. got a lot to lose. ._. Ha.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people. You have found a wonderful group of people so get to know us by stopping often.

Another great workout today- it involved walking, jump roping some of my best to date, and many other exercises. I did well when I went out to dinner with my friend after working out.

Goal- Just to keep doing what I have been doing for the last couple of weeks. It is working for me and I am thrilled.

If our weather keeps up in it will be in like lion and out like a lamb. We are getting drenched with rain tonight. I hope it ends by tomorrow mornings drive.

:love: :flowerforyou: :glasses: Do we want to change the name of the March challenge? In like a lamb out like a lion or Spring into Spring, or something else???
    Looking for any other suggestions for challenges if people are interested. :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello guys! I am new to this board. I signed up about a year ago, however I just started journaling my food about two months ago. I was eating 1600 calories on average a week and I have been losing .8 ounces to a pound. However, I have decided to go with what they said I should be eating and eat 1200. Which I think is really low. I was full and satisfied with 1600 but today with only eating 1232 calories I feel like I am hungry. What do you guys think I should do? Also, I have the lap band and I am actually supposed to feel full after a cup of food full of protein. I don't feel that either. UGH so frustrated! I am happy that I am no longer gaining, but I want to lose at least 2 pounds a week. Which is really good because before I was unhappy because I was ONLY losing 2 pounds but now I just want to lose the two pounds..

Please give me some encouragement here....let me know how all you losers ( pardon the pun) have done it. I feel like I have 100 to lose I should be losing faster? What do you think? Also, can you guys give me more protein ideas, remember it has to be protein that I have to choose because I am banded and need to fill my small stomach so the liquid doesn't go straight through two my bigger stomach. PLEASE HELP!

1200 might not be enough if it really isn't making you lose that much more and if you're starving all the time. why don't you try splitting the difference and go for 1400 see if that helps.
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    GAINED .8 LB THOUGH I THOUGHT I HAD FOLLOWED THE PLAN CLOSELY. HAVING DENTAL SURGERY TOMORROW SO WILL BE OUT OF POCKET FOR A FEW DAYS. HOPE I CAN USE THAT TIME TO GET MORE MOTIVATED
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    A few days behind so I'm catching up:

Monday Check-In: Great start to the week. I did have a super delicious dinner last night with a supplier - filet, lobster tail, salad, little potato, and a little apple tart dessert. No bread, 1/4 potato, 1/2 dessert - so overall I think I made great choices. Week 2 is going GREAT at the new job and I'm loving it!!

Tuesday Goals: I just need to keep doing what I'm doing. Logging every day. I've got to get back to daily exercise (a little slack lately). I need to get back to drinking my water too. I know I can do this. One day at a time.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--I don't care what name we use for the challenge--I liked the "In like lamb" that lin (i think) suggested better than my "spring into spring," but it honestly makes little difference to me. :smile:

@jana--thanks for the description of insanity. I'm toying with the idea of doing that or 30 day shred this summer. A friend at work is doing 30DS and loves it, but she is, admittedly, in MUCH better shape than me. I'll be interested to hear your results. Did you take measurements?

@tammy--good job getting in that exercise again! :drinker:

@diana--welcome! :flowerforyou:

@tom--thanks for the links! I know that starbucks also has a hidden menu, but I don't think it has anything to do with health or nutrition. It's really just a bunch of different drinks. Not sure why they aren't on the real menu--I guess it makes hipsters feel trendy and "in-the-know." :laugh:

@helena--sorry you missed your walk, but good girl for still committing to a workout. I hope working late = extra pay!

@lin--i hear you! It's still snowing here as well, and will continue off and on for the next couple of days.

@kelley--love the quote!

@rachael--your profile pic made me LOL! :laugh: I KNOW I look like the bottom picture when I do planks! I do them in the living room with no mirror or audience to critique my form.

@kaye--hope you got that laundry done, and happy shopping!!

@des--I agree that staying at or under 1200 is much easier if you go low-carb. I just enjoy my carbs and even if I wanted to cut them out, I would have to eat them for days when I run--my body does not respond well to running on pure protein. In fact, before I started c25k, I was eating pretty clean with very few carbs or sugars, but I was struggling once I had to run for 8 or 10 minute stints in the program. I experimented a lot with hydration, time of day, etc. Then I finally tried a high-carb meal a couple of hours before running and that did the trick. I've also done low-carb in the past, and just couldn't sustain it "forever." I'm okay with losing at a slower rate if it means I can maintain it for the long run. And I know you have health reasons for sticking with the low-carb, so I'm glad it's working so well for you. :happy:

@holly--yay for doing your HW! (sorry the teacher in me came out :blushing: ) Are you still moving to another building for work? I think you mentioned that might happen and you would lose your gym privileges. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, or making things up--if so, please disregard.

@garetie--Hey! Sorry I missed brunch on Sunday--I ended up getting into the salon, and given that my hair was witch-like and has decided to sprout grays like I'm the bride of frankenstein, that took priority.

@gorilla--sometimes the universe conspires against us (along with a little help from the kiddos :laugh:). I bet your dog was happy with the walk, even if it wasn't your idea of a workout.

Tuesday Goals:
    Wow, crazy day here! Last night, I was having a terrible nightmare--don't remember the context, but in the dream I was being attacked and was trying to scream. I woke up b/c gunner came running and barking. I think I must have actually screamed in my sleep and it startled him awake. Either that, or we have some sort of psychic connection. :wink: Regardless, I'm just glad he woke me up. I had a hard time getting back to sleep b/c I was afraid I would slip right back into the scary dream scenario. Needless to say I was extra-tired this morning.

We also got a crazy blizzard that started around noon. At 12:55, during my 7th period class, our secretary came on the PA to announce that students would be dismissed at 1:10. She then came back on a minute later to say we should dismiss our students immediately so they could go to their lockers b/c buses were leaving at 1:10. We were only about 10 minutes into the class period and I have my other class of juniors 8th period, so I just let the kids go without assigning any HW. There was no way to get the word to my 8th period, and I would rather be a day behind in both than have them out of sync with each other. Teachers got to leave early as well, so I came home and ran on my treadmill before helping my DH with the shoveling.

Grading Goals:
    1. 16/16 Good Deeds essays DONE
    2. 27/57 Gatsby Journals
    3. 14.14 AP research presentations DONE
    4. 16/16 comma practice worksheets DONE
    5. x/16 vocab quizzes
    6. 47/47 BNW reflection journals DONE

Exercise Goals 2/23:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + long run DONE
    Sun--core NOT DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE but did 30 minutes of core/strength work
    Tues--gym or treadmill if weather is too bad to drive DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + core
    Thurs--rest day or maybe core (I have a baby shower after work)
    Fri--walk gunner

GHD= 25/28 days minimum 80 grams of protein
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    26/26 GHD challenge. You'd think that drinking my water would start to feel like a habit by now, but I'm afraid it doesn't. I'm just going to have to keep working at it.
    Good night. Kaye
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Wed Wish--- That I could get through all the posts that I am behind on. And that I could have the will power to stop eating fast food.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone... you with snow I am jealous... pouring wind blown rain here in NYC and my walk from the train to my office has me soaked from the hips down!

Got a great workout in last night, My last one of this phase for my workout. So I really went to push myself with the weight in each exercise. I was not really able to add much more to it then I did last week, but I pushed to finish everything strong. Have to get my NROL book out and build the next 4 weeks worth of workouts now. Looks like the intensity is stepping up. Going from 10 - 12 reps and adding another exercise to my first superset.

Tonight spin class is on my agenda and probably about 30 minutes of vanity arm exercises before class starts.

This low/no carbs stuff is really clicking along well right now. I do not weigh in until Friday morning but I am feeling good! LOL
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Karen~I’m carb sensitive so try to eat low-carb, but do much better on my long runs if I have carbs a couple of hours beforehand. I have also discovered I am super hungry afterwards! :tongue: I think there is something to runners doing a “carb load” the night before a big race – needed for energy! Sorry for your rough night of sleep the other night, I hope you are rested today.
    @Susan~So glad you are enjoying your new job!

Wednesday Wish~That people were mindful and didn’t drive so erratically! I had a very trying commute to work this morning, just grates on my nerves when people don’t pay attention nearly causing a huge pileup – I don’t like starting my mornings like that.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have so missed talking to everyone and being on here. I just have a hard time finding time to get on here and catch up with everyone. So I apologize for that. On the plus side I am getting A's in all my classes :)

As for my weight and how that is all going. I have gained 25lbs back since the end of last year. Not sure how THAT much came back but that's what my scale is telling me. It's amazing how slow it comes off and how fast it comes back on. I am thoroughly disgusted with myself. I don't even know how this happened.
    I think what happened was I had been working out and eating right and I wasn't losing for MONTHS. I tried changing things up and doing different things, wasn't working. I think in my mind I was just like "well if I can't lose it might as well not try" And I haven't worked out in forever and I haven't been tracking my food and haven't been eating the best either. I'm not even sure where to start and how to begin again. I feel lost on what to do, even though I have done it before. I still can't believe I have gained back. When I weighed yesterday I was at 245....I'm so disappointed in myself.

I mean even when I go grocery shopping, I buy healthier lunches and breakfasts like I was eating, but somehow end up eating something else. It's so weird I don't think I ate this much junk food before I originally started losing weight.

Between family, school, and work I have been stressed and so busy with always doing homework of some kind and studying, so maybe the stress is why I am turning to the bad food. I don't know. I have to figure something out, I can't stand getting dressed anymore and I can't stand looking at myself.

I'm sorry I guess I just needed to vent a little bit.
    Tina
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Katrena -- hope your dentist's trip goes well.
    @Jana -- well done on doing Insanity! I found that 30 day shred was quite hard enough for me.
    @Heidi -- welcome! 1200 *is* really low. I think it's hard to keep going on the 2 pounds a week setting. I have MFP set at one pound a week and it's working really well for me. Sometimes I wish I was losing faster, but the results are great no matter how long it takes. I eat pretty ordinary food; I don't eat a lot of diet or low fat stuff, and my week contains plenty of junk food
    @Vicki -- I find the scales jump around quite a bit, even though I weigh first thing in the morning. At other times of the day it's even more random. And when I make my own homemade pizza, it's pretty healthy.
    @Laurie -- Spring into Spring works for me. I'm going to get strength training properly into my routine instead of it being an afterthought.
    @Karen -- sushi's my favourite!
    @Tom -- you're doing so well on the strength training! That's fantastic.
    @Rachael -- sorry about your spin class -- sometimes stuff like that just happens when you're a parent. You'll get your spin class next time. That planking photo is one of my faves.
    @Diana -- welcome!
    @Susan -- I've been a bit slack on daily exercise too.
    @Tina -- well done on the A's in your classes! Good to see you back and I'm sure you can get back on the wagon.

Wednesday wish -- I wish I'd already done 30DS today, or played badminton, because I definitely need to do a workout and I *totally* don't feel like it.

Have a great day everyone!

-- Alison
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @karen- my friend sends me daily motivation an I almost peed my pants when I saw that picture. The bottom one is EXACTLY what I look when I do planks, which I hate a lot.

@gorilla- sorry to hear about the flood in NYC. Lol- need a boat next time! I'm sure they can fit that on the train, right?

Wed wish-- that my son and daughter feel better. They BOTH have the stomach bug now and I'm sure it's a matter of time before I get it too.

Have a great day everyone!

Rachael
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    As for my weight and how that is all going. I have gained 25lbs back since the end of last year. Not sure how THAT much came back but that's what my scale is telling me. It's amazing how slow it comes off and how fast it comes back on. I am thoroughly disgusted with myself. I don't even know how this happened.

I just had this experience. I realized that I've gained 18 since the beginning of the year. And my eating choices haven't been that bad. But they haven't been great either. I hate bodies sometimes lol
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. I wish that day would go fast and that I didn't have to get dinner tonight. I hate thinking of things to fix! The first wish may come true, but the second is just a pipe dream. We are packing and very eager to see the family and have a break. Yesterday I doubled my walk time. I don't always have time for an hour, but it feels so good to know that I can do it.
    Tina--I would suggest that you begin by logging your food. That can show you where the weak spots are and help you get back on track. Congratulations on the great grades!
    Karen--I was watching for your report last night. My daughter moved from Chicago in June. She was really anxious to know what the impact of the storm was.
    Have a great day.
    Kaye