Workout plans for 2-23 to 3-1
    Saturday- Rest or gym? DONE
    Sunday- Gym Not DONE_ REST
    Monday- Gym-DONE
    Tuesday- REST -Not Done GYM
    Wednesday-Trainer DONE
    Thursday- Rest - WALK SIL dog's with bro
    Friday- rock wall. WILL be done

Truth- I have been doing pretty good the last couple of weeks. The strength training routines are having a positive effect for me. I notice a lower weight in the morning even better after a great night's sleep. I feel stronger and the amounts I am lifting is increasing. Now, I am back to working on mobility exercises for the shoulder. The only problem is tonight I am feeling more hungry than normal. Not sure why unless my body is trying to tell me something but I really don't know what I want to eat which makes it easier to give into junk food. I will be drinking more water soon.

Challenge goals- drink 13-16 cups of water a day- maybe more.
    New habit- do mobility exercises at least 3x's a week
    Think positive in terms of my accomplishments and not to belittle them.
    Add 3 days of core work as well.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I got insight on myself today...My boss said I am a perfectionist and I have no patience for people who are slackers at work. I wonder if that is why I give up when I can not perform 100% like on the GHD challenge.
    Diana- I agree with MyM0wM0w with writting postive things
    Helena- I hope you can get some most needed rest this weekend.

Congrats to everyone on GHD challenge.

I am on track for my goals this week.

Here are my March goals:

Here are the March challenge's---

March challenges- In Like a lamb- out like a lion
    1. I am adding weight training
    2. I am going to write down something nice about myself daily and expand on why I like that about me. Like a journal entry.
    3. Goal is to drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Holly
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I had a pretty good today. I picked my nephew up from kindergarten and then we got grandma and went to pick up some groceries. Turns out my mom had put a turkey in the oven so when nephews parents got there with his sister to pick him up mom invited us all to dinner. My btother had a couple errands to run yet so I took the two kids and we went to a new walkingg trail I had heard about not to far away. It is a real nice trail and I will probably start using it more frequently. We walked for 35 min before the five year old gave up on me lol. We then went back to my moms house and had a nice dinner. All in all a good day.

My truth for this thursday is I think I might be a less then kind person at times. With all the years an struggles with my weight you think I would have more patience with other people trying to make lifestyle changes but I just get so frustrated with them when I see them sliding into old habits and knowing I am going to have to help pick up the peices when it all blows up again. Patience is a virtue and its one I need to work on.

Toots: the authors name is Jo Beverly and the family she was wrting about in these books were named Malloren. The books had a very dry sense of amusement that I really appreciated.

Have a great night everyone and I will decide on and post my March challenges tomorrow.

Sunday: wii and dancing
    Monday: wii and dancing
    Tuesday: walk
    Wednesday: walk
    Thurday: walk
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Just caught up on posts and I'm exhausted! Will catch up on personals tomorrow.

@des--what Kris said, plus my favorite quote: "Sweat is your fat crying."
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    We had a safe trip to Vancouver today, though the weather wasn't pleasant. For those of you who live in the NW, you will know what I'm talking about when I saw that it was snowing hard and the roads were slick over the Blues. We are enjoying the girls.
    I stayed within my calorie goal, but slacked off on the water. It is hard to get enough water when we are traveling. That puts me at 27/28 for GHD challenge. I didn't get in a walk today either.
    Tom, I love your quote for the day!
    I like the challenge ideas. I will have to decide what to do. I'm still going to have to work on water because I obviously haven't concurred it yet. I'm going to have to think about something else. Maybe I could carry my 1# weights on my walks or do my yoga video 3 days a week. I haven't tried it for a long time. Maybe now that I have lost weight I would have a better chance of gaining some of the flexibility it requires. I won't be able to start either one of those until we get home, though.
    I weighed in this morning because I won't be home on Sunday. I'll weigh again when we get home. That way I can tell how I did on the trip. My daughter does daily walks, so that won't be a problem.
    Have a good night. Kaye
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    What what!!! Got on the scale this morning... 6lbs down! that makes 9lbs in the two weeks since I started the low carb TNT eiet plan. Im expecting this loss to start slowing down but if I can keep myself on it and hope to stay in that 1-2lb a week range I will be at 250 for my Spartan Race day! That will be such a huge help!

I was in such a good mood i could not bring myself to run on the dreadmill... so I did 30 minutes of elliptical this morning and with the weather improving I will run Sunday morning by my house. SO much easier to run outside for me!

Starting tomorrow is my Phase 3 NROL supercharged workout. If for nothing else so I can track it here it is..

Workout A

Dynamic Stability (3- sets 10 reps)
    Mountain Climber

Power (2 sets - 6 reps)
    Single arm Kettlebell

Strength Supersets (2-3 sets, 12 Reps)

Romain Deadlift
    Incline Bench Press
    Offset reverse lunge

2 Point Row
    Squat & press

Intervals
    Stair sprints

Workout B

Dynamic Stability (3- sets 10 reps)
    Tall Kneeling Chop

Power (2 sets - 6 reps)
    Explosive Pushups

Strength Supersets (2-3 sets, 12 Reps)

Off Set overhead squat
    kneeling lat pulldown
    Single leg Romanian Deadlift

Dbell Shoulder Press

Intervals
    Bike sprints
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @Gorilla- I'm very happy for you! As long as you continue to work hard, you will meet your goal.

@kaye- glad your trip was good!

Friday Fitness- I haven't been burning as much at the gym as I did last week, but I'm still pleased. I can't wait for the fitbit wristband to come out--but I have the iPhone 4 and it says on their website that it syncs with the iPhone4s...wondering if it will still be able to sync.

I plan on going to the gym tonight, even though I only got 4 1/2 hrs of sleep. I need to do w2d2 of c25k...gonna need some serious inspiration today....soooooo tired.

I find that when I work out at night, I am so amped up that I have a REALLY hard time sleeping and then I'm up for the next 4-5 hours. I'd love to switch it and do morning workouts, but there is no realistic way to do that with 2 9 year olds.

Anyways--for the March challenge, I'm going to do my best to get in 10-12 cups of water per day and journal something + everyday about myself/achievements. Hopefully I can do this!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Rachael
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I like Tom's quote too!

Happy Friday Everyone!

Plan for the weekend is to go to the gym both Sat and Sun. do the hill program. Maybe do some weight training. I am going out on the town Sat night! Sat diary will not look so good lot of drinks and carbs to soak up the drinks and water so no hang over.

@kaye- enjoy your trip with family
    @jtcont- I think we all have moments where we are not as kind as we would like to be or thought we were. I have been told many of times by people (even coworkers) until I got to know you I was afraid to approach you. But your challenge to be more understanding is wonderful.
    @Gorilla- Wonderful loss. Glad the low carb is working for you the fitness plan looks very hard (to me atleast) but what an awesome accomplishment.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Luckily yesterday was a rest day, I was too exhausted to attempt any kind of workout. My trainer wants me to rest today too, but I may try something light – will see how I feel this afternoon. Maybe I’ll go to yoga. I napped on/off when I got home last night and did sleep a little better, but I still feel really tired today. :yawn:

@Rachael~The Fitbit does sync with the iPhone4, that is what I have and it works fine. I can tell you that the app is just an abbreviated form of their website, it doesn’t display near the information – I only use it for a quick peek but use the website more for looking deeper into my stats.
    @Gorilla~Excellent loss this week (so jealous)! You are on a great path to making that goal, excellent workouts planned this weekend.
    @Des~I agree with Kris & Karen, “sweat is your fat crying!” The more I sweat the more I know I’m burning those calories, it’s something you learn to overcome. :happy:

Friday Fitness~Made all my fitness goals for the week so far. I have my long-run tomorrow, wish it was warmer I need to get some outdoor running in as my trainer wants to do 5 miles next Friday when I’m off of work. Shouldn’t have any real food obstacles this weekend, have been wanting Skittles all week so planning on a small package this afternoon – it’s rare for me to crave candy as I’m not a huge candy eater but I do love to taste the sensation of Skittles. :laugh:

Monday~Cross Trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Training DONE!
    Thursday~Rest Day DONE!
    Friday~Rest or Yoga + Planks
    Saturday~Long Run + Planks
    Sunday~Training + Sauna

March Challenge Goals:
    1. Planks every day. Oy!
    2. Increase my water from ~14 cups to 16-18
    3. Continue to find ways to challenge myself
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    March goals:

1) Drink at least 64 oz of water a day. The doctor wants 100, so I'll try to work up to that. But a minimum of 64.

2) Positive thoughts - i'm actually fairly good at this one. It's one of my tricks to fight depression that when I start to say mean things to myself, I catch it and make myself say something nice. But I'll journal them, and share some of them here.

3) Try a new recipe at least once a week.

@jtcont I understand. I find myself biting my tongue a lot, especially when I think I know what's best for them! LOL! But sometimes people have to make their own mistakes to learn from them.

I was talking to my boyfriend recently about how I had lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago (about 50 pounds), then gained it back and then some, and that I think this time it will be permanent because my focus has changed from appearance to health. He asked me what I could have told myself two years ago that would have made a difference and helped me keep it off back then, and I don't think there could have been anything. I was on a diet that was unsustainable for the long term (you know the thought, "If I can just get the weight off by any means necessary, I'll find a way to keep it off!") and I didn't realize the damage my weight and eating habits were doing to my body. It wasn't until I had the medical tests and hard proof that I was hurting myself that I became determined enough to do anything. And what I'm doing is learning new ways to eat, not for the short term, but forever. It seems like I've been on some kind of diet on and off my whole life, but i wasn't ready for a real life change until now.

That whole rant is just to say that when you see people doing unhealthy things to lose weight, or saying they would love to lose weight but they don't want to change what/how they eat, or losing weight then going back to what they did before and regaining it, you can try to educate them on the dangers of being overweight, or how to lose healthily or whatever, but if they're not ready, they won't hear it. But maybe it'll stick in the back of their memories and when they are ready, they'll remember.

It's still frustrating, though, isn't it? :)

I had some good news this morning. I've been offered two classes to teach, one this summer and one in the fall. They pay $1500 each, and will be a huge help in getting some bills paid off! Plus, I just kind of miss teaching.

As far as fitness for the weekend, I'm helping someone move tomorrow, so I think I will be getting plenty of exercise! I'll probably need Sunday to recuperate!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness, work out at gym on elliptical
    March Goals: 1. continue working out at a gym at least 3 times a week
    2. count calories and stay within goal
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I really am not giving myself credit where credit is due. Though I'm not working out this week, and have not noticed much difference in my body, I have a great *kitten* now. I don't have to be ashamed of the pancake I was previously toting around, it's more like a cinnamon roll now lol.

Friday Fitness: I did my c25k run on Monday, and then as you know, fell ill. I think I'm on the last leg of my cold, but I don't think I'll make it to run in the race in April. I am doing the Color Run in July, and will continue to train for that.

My March Challenges
    1. Add planks to strength training.
    2. Say something nice about self every morning and every night.
    3. Journal accomplishments, thoughts, successes, etc.
    4. Increase water intake to 12 glasses/day. (I'll just have to get used to peeing 24/7)
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    TGIF! I get to leave early from work to go pick my sister up at the airport. I get to leave in and hour. I am way excited. Sadly I have to come in tomorrow to do some work =/ but thankfully I'll be alone so no one can bother me and I can get more work done.

Friday fitness: Well to get some walking in and to start the 10 week beginners program of you are your own gym. I'm pretty excited about it. I am trying to get my bf to do it with me. He took a weight lifting class in college and loved it so hopefully he enjoys this enough to continue. I am so proud of him as he is starting to eat healthier, even if it is just 3 salads a week. That is better than mcdonalds every day for lunch, which is what he normally has.

March challenge- In Like a Lamb - Out Like a Lion!
    1) I am going to be trying the you are your own gym program
    2) Instead of eating what ever is in the pantry as a snack i will eat some baby carrots. (We ALWAYS have baby carrots because we have 2 guinea pigs and a chinchilla that love to have a fresh carrot as a treat!)
    3) I will do this one in a journal or text it to myself each morning.
    4) I have been really good about getting 8 cups in. I think I'll up it to 10 cups for the challenge.

I hope everyone has a splendid day!
    Helena
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I really am not giving myself credit where credit is due. Though I'm not working out this week, and have not noticed much difference in my body, I have a great *kitten* now. I don't have to be ashamed of the pancake I was previously toting around, it's more like a cinnamon roll now lol.

Way to rock the positive self-talk challenge! That's what i'm talkin' about! :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    March challenges- In Like a lamb- out like a lion
    1. Planks are a great idea, I'll add planks 3 days a week along with crunches and pushups.
    2. When I'm craving take out, be it chinese, pizza, burgers or whatever... .I'll make it at home instead of ordering out. So, for the entire month of March, that means NO eating out with the extra sodium and calories.
    3. For each negative thing about myself that I say or think I will write down a GOOD thing put it on the wall above my desk at home.
    4. 10 Glasses a day, working up to 12 for the end of the month.

OOoof, going to be a busy month for me.

This weekend my only plans are SPRING CLEANING. My apartment is such a freaking pit right now and the temperature is going to be great this weekend so I can throw open the windows and air the whole place out while I scrub it down. Have to stop on the way home tonight for supplies. Lots of laundry detergent and bleach!! If I'm not too tired I'd like to get some boxing in and maybe a walk if it's not raining.
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    YAY its Friday.! :D

I hope you all have an amazin' weekend. and as far as this March Positive I can do it. I am goin' to do it. I don't have pink.. maybe orange.! hehe..
    So friday.. I will work twice as hard today to reach the 1lb i want to lose to make 20.! thats right.. i lost 1lb since yesterday. This Saturday is my day off from workin' out BUT I will stay strong and not break my amazingly wonderful diet.. and Sunday I will bust my butt again.! :D

Always, Diana.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sorry I’ve been MIA for the last week or so. Too much going on at work and time is rapidly passing by! I have been reading through the posts and will include some personals here.

First – welcome all newbies! This is a great place to get understanding, support and answers to your questions.

@bailey – I can relate to your truth. I don’t give myself a lot of credit either. I have a lot of negative self-talk. I wonder where it all comes from sometimes? There are worse people out there in the world than me. We all have our flaws. I’d never talk to another person the way I talk to myself.

@Helena – is your sister coming for a visit or is she returning home from somewhere? If she’s coming for a visit, I hope you have a great time. Sometimes it’s worth going into work on a weekend when no one else is there to bother you.

@mowmow – I’m right there with you on your first challenge. I need to incorporate all those things into my routine – and I hate doing all of them, so it’s going to be a challenge for sure.

@Des – I agree completely – you can’t make someone want to make changes. They really do have to figure it out for themselves. It’s why losing weight for a vacation or other special occasion so often doesn’t work in the end. When the occasion is over, so is everything else. This time, I’m telling myself that it’s about health – not a number on the scale (although I expect that I will be discouraged by this # on occasion & will need a kick in the pants to remember it’s not about that). Oh, and I love sweating – but only when working out. It means I’m doing something fantastic!

@ Gorilla – congrats on the great loss! Being the 1st of the month, it was measurement & weigh in time for me this morning. Since I first took measurements mid-January, 5 inches have disappeared from these hips of mine. Losses in all other areas too, but the hips are the best for me!

@Kaye – glad you made it to Vancouver. Sounds like the drive was less than pleasant. It’s hard to get water when travelling, I mean obviously, you can take plenty with you, but you have to be thinking about how many rest stops there are between you and your destination and just where they are.

@jt – sounds like you had a great day with family yesterday. I can also relate to your truth. I try not to make excuses - especially about my weight and the need to lose some and I have a low tolerance for people who do. You either want to do something or you don’t. No judgement, it’s just a fact. It’s not easy; it’s dang hard most of the time. But do it or don’t, it’s their choice.

@Lin – I hope your Wednesday wish comes true soon.

@Jana – I can relate to the workout pain. It’s good pain, but pain, just the same. For me, it’s not so much legs as it is arms since I started my weight routine at the gym. I am amazed at how weak my biceps are. I really would have thought they’d just be stronger (don’t know why – it’s not like I was doing bicep curls at home…)

@skinny – I wish for early spring too. I’m so tired of looking at snow! At least we have sun in the forecast for the next few days – cold, but sun and no snow….

Sorry if I left anyone or anything significant out. My own fault for slacking on the board.

Ok, Friday fitness – gym tonight with my son. Run tomorrow. Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday – gym (weights & elliptical), Monday, Wednesday, Friday – run & abs, planks & push ups (ugh)

March Challenges:
    1. MUST add in some ab work and push ups. Couldn’t do either well in my fitness test at the gym and that was embarrassing. So, planks, sits ups and pushups for me at least 3x/week.
    2. Keep on logging, posting and tracking. I have some challenges this month – my son’s birthday and a big hockey tournament so eating may be iffy some days.
    3. I find “tooting my own horn” very hard to do. But I will make an effort to stop the negative self-talk when it starts. Be the little engine that could “I think I can, I think I can…”
    4. I do ok with water – it’s my beverage of choice and I’ve cut out all but the occasional coffee or tea. I don’t drink juice and once in a while I have a glass of milk. More often than not, if I’m drinking something, it’s water. What I do need to remember is to take water to the gym.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Had a good surprise at spin class last night, the regular girl called out again... and the most bad @$$ of the instructors took our class! What a workout! Had my legs screaming and my body dripping sweat.. I wish she could do the Wedensday night class everynight!

What a day ahead of me, all day management skills training at work, then missing the gym for a baseball coaches meeting! Lucky me!!!

Just going to focus on eating well and hoping for a good result on that scale tomorrow, I think it should be a really good result! And without lifting tonight I should be able to do a run in the morning on the treadmill without deadlegs.

the thought of trying a spin class terrifies me
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Just returned from a very fun shopping trip with my daughter to Goodwill and Value Village. I made some awesome purchases. I think I have a good basic wardrobe for the next few months and only spent $75. I have gone from most of my size 24 pants being too tight to pretty consistently wearing an 18. Tops have gone from 1x and 2x to xl. I am very pleased! We had a fun walk this morning, too, around her neighborhood.
    drojen, I definitely relate to the rest stop problem!
    Hope you are all having a very good day. Kaye
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Annddd.. my truth..
    hmmm...

I have never told anyone this. so shh.. I write on my tummy with a sharpie I write mean things.. things that a bully would say to a big person, it keeps me movin'. :/ idk if thats healthy..

i make my stomach talk, as though my belly button is a mouth and say things like, 'i'm cellulite. nobody loves me' :laugh:
    Toots: the authors name is Jo Beverly and the family she was wrting about in these books were named Malloren. The books had a very dry sense of amusement that I really appreciated.

oh i know of jo beverly though i've not read her, i don't think. i don't read that many historicals. though when i do they're definitely regencies.