Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tom--LOVE your NSV--it made me LOL! :laugh: So grat of you to do that for charity!

@tammy--glad you made that fgat cry today! :drinker:

@kaye--glad you are enjoying time with your daughter.

@laurie--thanks, I'm having a good visit with my friend. Keeping the cold at bay with zicam. I like hummus with crackers, or if I'm trying to go really low carb, I dip veggies in it.

@toots--I bet the switch in your food plan will help shake things up and make it easier to get back on the wagon.

@susan--sounds like a fabulous weekend! Glad someone is having wonderful weather b/c it's sure not us. :ohwell:

@jen--yeah, it also means you are hydrating better! :smile:

@kelley--woohoo 2 lbs down!

@bailey--glad you are feeling better. :flowerforyou:

@sherrie--great to see you back!! Congrats on your half! :drinker:

Saturday Success:
    I'm visiting my friend in Lake Geneva. Because I wasn't feeling well, I slept in instead of getting up early to go to the gym. I think the rest did me good b/c, though I have a bit of chest congestion, I feel pretty good otherwise. We went to the spa (my first spa visit!) and I got a pedicure. My sister usually does them, but she just had her surgery (all went well) and will be off work for 4-6 weeks. My friend got a cofee body wrap, and then we spent some time in the whirlpool, inhalation room, and sauna. The whirlpool was wonderful--very strong jets which gave a nice massage. The inhalation room was supposed to be good for respiration--it had a eucalyptis oil--but I didn't notice any difference. The sauna was pure torture. I know other people find it relaxing, but that dry heat just kills me! I don't like to just sit there sweating--I would much rather sweat due to exercise.

They had a scale at the spa and I weighed just to see, and it almost matched my home scale--1 lb difference, so that made me happy. :happy: I also made good choices all day. We went to dinner and had drinks--after logging it all I only came in 4 calories over for the day. Yay me!

March challenges- In Like a lamb- out like a lion
    1. do core routine at least 3x week
    2. add bicep curls, tricep extensions, and shoulder press to my core routine
    3. increase hold time for planks (regular forearm and straight-arm side planks)
    4. increase push up reps
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi all just got in and super tired. Hope all is well!

Sat success- a date with a guy that went really great. Super good looking! Older than me but it's ok.
    Got my nails done for hitting 25 lbs. :)

March challenge:

1. Drink 10-12 cups of water (had 15) 2/31
    2. Write something + about myself/achievements 2/31

All in all a great day!!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    sat success- went to the gym with my daughter after she bought me new runners and was able to walk a mile in 25 minutes without using my walking poles. Also have had 2 nights with no evening or night time snacking...
    woke at 4 am this morning....guess i was done sleeping....and a bit hungry.....might take myself out for breakfast and a lot of coffee before church

tom- great new look....bet it feels different....is the beard next?? lol....great nsv as well!
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @Tom looks great!!

Sunday Share: Today we are getting together at the in-laws for Hubs's brother-in-law's birthday. I should hit the gym before, but I'm feeling lazy since today is my designated rest day. :laugh: I have successfully passed my cold to Hubby. Poor guy. I signed up for The Color Run in July. Excited to do that one and look like a box of sidewalk chalk afterwards.

Weekly fitness goals. Starting last week over.
    Monday- c25k
    Tuesday- strength + planks
    Wednesday- c25k
    Thursday- strength + planks
    Friday- c25k
    Saturday- free
    Sunday- rest. weigh in/measurements

March challenges: I'm doing very well on the water challenge (drank all 12 yesterday and didn't pee all night), and the telling myself something nice, but I have not been writing in my journal or doing my planks yet.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,168 Member
    Options
    :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

TOM!! Good for you
    super. Lookin' good and Amy looks very happy as well!! Great.

Wishing you well my friends.....:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Left our holiday early and Drove back from Virginia yesterday as I was a little worried about my hubby's health. He's fine, but it was a long drive (11 hours), and back to freezing cold!! I loved Virginia!! What a spacious, beautiful state! Also, my holiday really got me on the right path of eating right and exercising. I just hope I can continue here. This morning was a breakthrough for me as I finally went to my gym (which I don't really like) and had a workout. The girls at reception were very nice and I feel like I can go back. (I'm embarassed to go, so this was a big deal for me). The next two days are really busy, but I'm really going to make an effort to go again.

Something personal about me: I don't really like myself! I hope to change that.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Tom nice!! haha looking good.

@toots--I bet the switch in your food plan will help shake things up and make it easier to get back on the wagon.

i suspect you are, in fact, correct
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Hello everyone. (: I hope you had a wonderful saturday. Didn't post yesterday due to spendin' time with my family, which I enjoyed soo much.

So my sucess: Hmmm, stickin' to my diet so much I did lose the 20lbs + 1.! soo 21lbs.!

and todays sharin' is, I went to church last night with my friend and her soon to be husband I was waaayy nervous.. but I loved it.! :D All the gossipal music and the love for god and everyone around you. I think I am goin' to start goin' on the Reg.

Always, Diana. <33
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@kelley--I tried the arc trainer for the 1st time today. I did a hills setting and only made it 1 mile in 20 minutes--on the elliptical I can do 2 miles in the same amount of time. However, I definitely felt like it was working different muscles--namely my hammies and glutes. I will probably throw it into the rotation once in awhile when I want strength vs. mileage. I also plan to try some of the other settings. It's very likely that I could get more mileage on a cardio or weight loss program vs. the hills.

@bailey--I've heard the Color RUN is awesome! Taratruex, who pops in here from time to time, did it last year and said it was a lot of fun.

@mel--glad the trip got you feeling the exercise bug--congrats on going to your gym. That can be very scary--I'm proud of you for going! :flowerforyou:

@diana--congrats on 20+ lbs lost! :drinker:

Sunday Share:
    Woke up this morning and had breakfast with my friend, then drove the hour+ home. I walked gunner then went to the gym. I was planning to run 5 miles today, but my chest congestion is moderately bad, so I ran a 5k and then tried the arc trainer for the 1st time. Did 20 minutes on that before calling it a day. I still need to go grade and it's already after 4pm, so I need to get moving. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mel--I'm glad that you had a good trip to your gym. It sounds to me like the positive self-affirmations of the March challenge are just what you need. I hope that you will join in.
    Tom--pretty brave to go from lots of hair to none.
    Enjoying a quiet day with the family. We all went to church together. Just laying around reading and napping this afternoon. Stir-fry for dinner.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Forgot to mention earlier that I signed up for the Rugged Maniac 5k Obstacle Race on August 3rd. I found a groupon for it a couple of weeks ago and got my friend (who I stayed with last night in Lake Geneva) to commit. It's also in WI not far from her house. We registered last night and I was checking out their 5 week training program on the webpage. It looks brutal! If anyone's interested in checking it out, here's the link:

http://www.ruggedmaniac.com/week-1.html

I'm going to try to incorporate some of the training into my routine over the next few months--I'm not worried about completing every exercise. I figure even if I just do some of it, I'll be more prepared. I can't wait to do it until 5 weeks before anyways b/c I'll be in Switzerland until a week before the race.

Grading Goals:
    1. 16/30 Gatsby Journals
    2. x/16 Experience essays

Exercise Goals 3/2:
    Sat--rest day DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + long run DONE (kind of--5k + arc trainer due to chest cold)
    Mon--walk gunner + core
    Tues--gym or treadmill if weather is too bad to drive
    Wed--walk gunner + core
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner +core

March challenges- In Like a lamb- out like a lion
    1. do core routine at least 3x week
    2. add bicep curls, tricep extensions, and shoulder press to my core routine
    3. increase hold time for planks (regular forearm and straight-arm side planks)
    4. increase push up reps
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Today was a great day. Went for a walk with a friend and her dog around the stadium a little over a mile. It was cold but still nice to be outside.

Mel- Great job on making it to the gym. I am sure you will continue to make it there.

Tom- like the new hair style.

Diana- Congrats on losing 20+ pounds. That is great.

Meloncoly- Glad you enjoyed your trip to VA.

This week will be challenging since my students are taking the Maryland State Assessment the next two weeks. I hope they do well. These test will determine how well the school is performing and if the students are making progress. It is sad that the state gives this test so early in the year, we still have about 3.5 months of school left. After this test, the student's feel like they are mentally done for the year.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and productive week ahead.
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sunday share-- did nothing today and it was AWESOME!! I needed a rest day and decided it would be today.

March challenge:

1. Drink 10-12 cups daily (12 today) 3/31
    2. Journal something + about myself/achievements 3/31

I'm doing well, just sore from the weights.

Goodnight all!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: I'm looking forward to the week ahead. I'm attending COEX (Chain Operators Exchange) at The Red Rock Resort the next few days. I'll see some friends who work for chains on the east coast so I'm excited to see some familiar faces. I'll be busy with my son this week (baseball practice, scrimmage, opening day pictures & parade). Plus, I'm completing the paperwork needed for private school. I'm just not thrilled with the schools out here and prefer a smaller class setting and personal attention as he heads into middle school in the fall. It's going to take some sacrifice, tweaking the budget, etc. . . but his education is too important to me.

Melancoly - Glad you enjoyed your trip. I use to live in PA and went to college in GA. I spent many trips going through the hills of WV and often detouring through VA.

Mel - Awesome job getting to the gym. Keep it up!!

Tom - Awesome do!! I thought you it was all coming off, but I see you still have the face fuzz. LOL!!

Laurie - Keep us posted on the house search. Try to enjoy the process. It can get pretty frustrating, but you have to LOVE the place!

Kaye - I love days like that. Well deserved. We normally go on Saturday nights so Sunday's is truly a total relaxing day for us.

Skinnyjean - Rugged Maniac? Enough said. I would die!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT week ahead. Log your food, move your butt and SMILE!!!!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    today was made of fail.:frown: Hope everyone else is doing well.

Has to get better from here, right?
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    OK, I know it's been days and days! Just a few personals:

@Des -- If you go out when it's cold, it's easier to exercise without sweating. I didn't sweat much on my 20 mile bike ride yesterday.
    @Gorilla -- well done on that massive SV!
    @Tom -- the trick with salad is always to look out for cheese and dressing. If you have a salad with meat and salad veg and very little cheese and no dressing or a super-light dressing, it will nearly always be great. But a salad with lots of cheese and dressing -- not so much. Of course, the cheese and dressing is the bit I like... If you can get the dressing on the side you can just add a little bit as well. And the new look is great!

Well, Friday Fitness:

Last week:
    Saturday -- parkrun DONE
    Sunday -- Poorly with a cold
    Monday -- Poorly with a cold
    Tuesday -- Long run DONE
    Wednesday -- badminton I hope. NOPE, rested
    Thursday -- speedrun NOPE
    Friday -- badminton NOPE

OK, well, that was rubbish.

This week:
    Saturday -- parkrun DONE plus a long walk
    Sunday -- first cycle of the year! DONE
    Monday -- badminton
    Tuesday -- lots of walking (exhibitions)
    Wednesday -- long run
    Thursday -- rest maybe?
    Friday -- badminton

Walking from Hobbiton to Rivendell -- 115 miles. The hobbits have just been captured by Wights.

Monday check-in -- I'm down another two pounds. So I'm very pleased with that, especially given the ropey nature of my exercise this week. MFP has reset my calories again, down to 1270 this time. This means that exercise is no longer an optional extra for me; I don't think I could possibly sustain 1270 without exercise for more than a day or two.

Measurements, it being the beginning of the month --

Bust -- 45
    Waist - 43.5
    Hips -- 48

This is sort of good because my waist is finally a little bit narrower than my bust! Lots more to go yet though.

And for my March challenge I am definitely adding in some strength work. Oh yes. I know I keep saying this.

Have a great week, everyone!

-- Alison
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    @jtconst- great job working out everyday last week! Kick@$$ this week too
    @linder- good goals! Positive thoughts breed positive actions! same goes for you Rachael!!
    @Lauriek70 - hell yes for the shoulders and back work! Protein snack I keep some Jerkey in my desk and have a whey protein shake before the gym. I try to load all my meals with a lot of protein though, so most my snacks are raw veggies or nuts.
    @kah68- Great job on the 2lb loss!!!
    @drojen - your sock success is mindblowing. LOL!!
    @Morgori nice looking dome! Lucky charity!
    @BohemianCoast - awesome loss!!! keep it up! - eat back those exercise calories!

@skinnyjeanzbo - cool goals, but instead of increasing the time of your plank, why not try to increase the difficulty! Like resting your feet on a balance ball while you do them! If I could make one other suggestion... forget the curls and triceps. Shoulder presses are great, pair them up with a standing row and work the major muscles of your back and shoulders- at the same time working your biceps and triceps.

Well my first workout Saturday was awesome! It really pushed me to my limits and I fought even harder. I was supposed to do 2-3 sets of the exercises and planned on doing 2... they were so hard I made myself do three!!!! Hardest thing about this workout is the 3 exercise superset, just logistically even in the empty early gym on Saturday. Doing it Tuesday night will be extra difficult! I will make it work though!

Last wrestling match of the year is done... my oldest son won a bronze again. He lost his first match, really because his focus was not there. he won the next match in the last 15 seconds when he finally listened to his coach instead of trying to do a headlock (which he has never practiced before)

So now I have my life back... well that is until the week of March 24th and that is when baseball starts back up. I am Manager for my youngest son's team (1st and 2nd graders) and an assistant for my oldest son's team (4th graders) so time gets very precious once that crazyness starts!

This week:
    Mon- Cardio at the gym nigh
    Tuesday - Lifting workout B
    Wed- Spin class
    Thurs- Lifting workout A
    Friday - morning Cardio/weigh in
    Saturday- Lifting workout B
    Sunday- rest
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Yesterday was just super busy (actually the weekend was), so wasn’t able to stop by.

@Karen~Awesome on the arc trainer, you’re liable to feel that in your glutes later today. I use it only occasionally to mix things up, I’ve not paid much attention to the mileage I get on there during a workout but suspect its less that the elliptical – it’s definitely less that the treadmill. It’s great for keeping my heart rate up though. :bigsmile: I’m glad you were feeling well enough to go to the lake and enjoy the spa. My spa day is supposed to be Friday but it may be postponed until Monday since my trainer wants to torture me with a 5-mile run on Friday.
    @Tammy~Great job with the exercise!
    @Meloncholy~Excellent getting yourself to the gym, this week aim for 2 days. :tongue:

Monday Check-In~Good but busy weekend. Did my long run on Saturday and had training session yesterday, trainer tortured me with kettlebells and ropes (arm pain is settling in). I’m taking a mini vacay, so just a 4-day week for me this week – I’m off on Fri/Mon. Lots to do so I can take that time off though.

Fitness last week:
    Monday~Cross Trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day DONE!
    Wednesday~Training DONE!
    Thursday~Rest Day DONE!
    Friday~Trainer ordered this as rest day, but I took a walk DONE!
    Saturday~Long Run DONE!
    Sunday~Training DONE!

This week:
    Monday~Arc Trainer
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Long Run
    Saturday~Going out of town for the day, but will try to get a short workout in
    Sunday~Training

March Challenges:
    So far I’m 3/31 days for my planks, still working on increasing my water from 12-14 glasses to 14-16.

Have a great day - going to be nearly 90 here today!!! :love:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Monday Checkin- Well I had a crazy emotional weekend that started off without eating due to stress. Saturday was girl's night out got my nails done and drank way to much with my friends til 4am. Which meant Sunday all I did was sleep all day til like 3pm.
    Not much to report on other than way to much booze and fried food on Saturday.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in: Getting back with it today. Can finally breathe out of my nose without needing decongestants, and only have a bit of stuff in my chest every once in a while. Too bad today is full of I don't wanna. Gotta run anyway!!

Monday- c25k
    Tuesday- strength + planks
    Wednesday- c25k
    Thursday- strength + planks
    Friday- c25k
    Saturday- free
    Sunday- rest