Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Suggestion for June challenge -- set a time of activity in a week. Right now, I'm doing a challenge through work -- they had 4 levels of activity -- 150, 300, 450 or 600 minutes per week. This was my first challenge, so I did the 150. Next time, I think I'll challenge myself to the 300.

@ Kris -- good job on another 1.5 pounds. Your goal by your 40th birthday sounds do-able.
    @grandmakaye -- I received an afghan from my grandma when I graduated from high school. It is a treasured item for sure. :smile: And then I lost her that fall so I was the last grandchild that ever received one. :brokenheart:
    @LaurieK - so glad to hear the new trainer shows promise. Sounds like she has a good game plan for you.
    @lmackbeth -- BRRR outdoor swimming sounds so cold, but only because we are in the middle of a cold/rainy trend right now. This morning it was only 43 when I took Jacob to band and it has been raining since Friday. Glad its at least warm enough for you. When you do something you love, it doesn't really seem like exercise. :love:
    @jtconst -- glad your family drama turned out to be a positive.
    @TOPSmarca -- FUN -- anxiously awating a picture

Well, I made water Aerobics last night and the new program kicked my butt -- it was great! However, it did mean that I didn't get the weights done, but what do you do? After the hour class, I could not imagine trying to lift. So I came home and just drank a ton of water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

And the scale moved today --- only .2 pounds, but since it hasn't moved since May 3rd, I'm okay with that. I actually still feel like I have some water retention, so hopefully as I continue to be better at drinking water :drinker: :drinker: , that will go down too. If I stick to my plan, I know I can get back on track.

Today, I have my mini goal of Day 2 of a 7 day stretch...I can do 7 days in a row of being good, right??? :tongue: I know that roast is going in the crockpot for supper tonight. Mmmm! Nothing better than a roast on a cold rainy spring day. Now i think I'll plan out the rest of my meals for today so I can really enjoy that supper. Then it's 30DS sometime today. Hope you all have a great day!
  • raeless2011
    raeless2011 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am excited to see this thread. I have 100+ to lose on the total journey. On a Check in Monday, I have my head on right for the morning. I have exercised and ate a portion controlled, healthy choice breakfast. :smile:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newlings! :flowerforyou:

Tuesday Goals:
    My immediate goal is to get some grading done during the school day today. Supervising finals requires that I walk around and watch the kids, so it's hard to grade. However, I've also gotten ZERO done during my open (other than this post :blushing: ).

Will check back later--hopefully with some progress to report.

Exercise Goals for this week:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym DONE (did weights and rowing + cardio)
    Tues--walk gunner + core
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + run outside + core
    Mon--walk gunner + gym

Grading Goals:
    1. 1/16 12 Angry Men essays
    2. x/16 Diction analyses
    3. x/57 TTTC Journals
    4. x/16 vocab quizzes
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning MFPers!

Hope you are all being healthy. I did not do so good on my starting again day yesterday:grumble: but it was not too bad.:drinker:

I did get a new Fitbit friend who is kickin my butt in steps everyday. I hope to learn much from her. I think I remember someone on here saying they got the premium Fitbit and I am wondering if you think it was worth it. I am guessing it was Kelley, but my memory is not any better than yesterday so it may have been someone else. I guess I should just try the free trial and see what I think. I also sent an add me please to my CT amigo. I hope her Dad has better luck than his friend if he continues his awesome hike.

Quote of the day: -“Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” ~ Deepak Chopra ~

Tom
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    morning everyone. glad all of our oklahoma MFP's across the board seem to be accounted for. the whole thing breaks my heart. the number one reason i left oklahoma was my profound fear of tornadoes. such tragic devastation. :(
    Toots I was wondering if you could message me and let me know what you write I would love to check it out

sure, i can do that.
    Toots--I would love to know more about your YA books. My daughter is the middle school librarian at our school. She is always looking for new stuff.

i will PM you too.
    Toots: Just read excerpts from both books. Loved 'em. :love: Any way can I purchase a paper copy or do I have to buy a Kindle? Stupid Nook! I've always loved YA fiction.

lucky for you ;) you can get Nook copies here.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/glitch-a-comedy-of-errors-amber-gilchrist/1114032750?ean=2940016144511&itm=1&usri=2940016144511

for Glitch. and

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/into-darkness-peering-amber-gilchrist/1115320489?ean=2940016615127&itm=1&usri=2940016615127

for Into Darkness Peering.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Looking for suggestions for the June Challenge - thanks tih for the suggestion of setting aside time for workout activity.
    Any other ideas?

I received my copy of The New Rules of Lifting for Women - its a great read, lots of information on nutrition included in it as well. I am going to check out the condo's exercise room later today and am hoping it has free weights up there. I can only hope, can't I? I just remember treadmills and ellipticals but if there's free weights I will be ecstatic. I want to start walking the treadmill so that will be good as well.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    if anyone hasn't seen enough of the Oklahoma devastation to last them a lifetime, this is one of the most complete pictorials i've seen. some of this article is truly heartbreaking, some is inspirational and beautiful. all of it will probably make you feel a little sick to your stomach. fair warning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328000/Oklahoma-tornado-2013-7-children-drowned-Plaza-Towers-Elementary-school-Moore.html?ICO=most_read_module
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    hanging out in northern alberta for a few weeks and hoping my daughter in laws baby will be born while i am here.....but not due till june 18 but first one was 2 weeks early. I had hoped to come for the month of june but my second knee replacement is scheduled for june 10 and i really want to get it done and overwith. Been biking on these long flat roads and hanging out with my 5 yr old grandson. Despite being good with activity and food i have not lost any weight :sad: . just gotta keep plugging along
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Marca -- when I started running I was really sleeping heavily afterwards, but now, unless I do a really long run, I just feel a little tired and that's ok. Strength training is sending me off to sleep these days.
    @Karen -- 189.9 would be in the 80s as far as I'm concerned! Well done for getting back down there.
    @Marsha -- well done for doing a little work out! Every little helps and it's a GREAT BIG MILESTONE!
    @Tom -- I'm happy to be your friend on the fitbit site. I think you need to go to http://www.fitbit.com/user/258FJ5 to friend me.
    @Jody -- welcome! My tips would be -- don't worry about how fast you're going, and don't do anything that you don't think you could put up with in the long term. Because this is a long journey for all of us. Well done on the 10lb so far!
    @Kris1085 -- well done on the SV!
    @Laurie -- MFP's default is 55% carbs, and I have to say it never really feels right to me. I'm a lot more comfortable with 40 carbs / 30 protein /30 fat, and most days I'm probably nearer 40 carbs, 25 protein, 35 fat. I'm not sure how much difference the exact macro breakdowns make though.
    @Beth -- I bet the swan will get used to you swimming real quick.
    @raeless - welcome!

Tuesday goals: just hoping to have a good, stable sort of a week. Hope it's a good week for all of you too!

Alison
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Tues Goal, to lose weight at tonights Tops meeting...going now
    Karen< I LOVE Northern Alberta! If I didn't live here , I'd live there. IT's so beautiful..are you close to the mtns?. On the other hand, I'm not fond of Sasketchewan (my hubby is from there), and no wonder everyone left it empty! lol
    welcome Rae, it's a great thread to lose weight on
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    So I checked out the Work Out room here at the Condo and there were no weights, darn it. There were 4 treadmills, all dusty, and only one worked. I got in 5 minutes and boredom set in, I need to bring music with me next time. There are some non-electric machines, like a Tony Little(?) Gazelle and what looks like a rowing machine, which I'm going to try out on my next visit.
    Maybe I can suggest to the Condo Board that we get rid of the non-working machines and get a set of free-weights in there.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    So I checked out the Work Out room here at the Condo and there were no weights, darn it. There were 4 treadmills, all dusty, and only one worked. I got in 5 minutes and boredom set in, I need to bring music with me next time. There are some non-electric machines, like a Tony Little(?) Gazelle and what looks like a rowing machine, which I'm going to try out on my next visit.
    Maybe I can suggest to the Condo Board that we get rid of the non-working machines and get a set of free-weights in there.

Most don't like to do free weights due to them "growing legs and walking away." However, my old apartment had a weight machine. The one that had 4 benches coming off the center and the weights being in the center -- pully systems. And its compact. The apartment also had a flat screen TV in the room and ceiling fans that really made it a nice place. Good luck -- it would be a good selling point for them too -- hope you can get something that works well.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone - I'm all packed and ready to go except for a few things in the morning. Everyone have a great week and I'll "see" you when I get back!

@Robin~First, I'm so proud of you for checking out the exercise room at your condo! I think its a great idea to make some suggestions to the board, at the very least they should make sure that all equipment is operational. But maybe they have some funds available where they could get a multi-station weight machine added.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal- to change my eating habits and eat a larger breakfast and smaller dinner. It is strange how free I feel to eat toast and a banana in the morning and not worry about it. Today, I did eat over my calories but I want to see what happens with the weight, I just need to be careful since that TOM is fast approaching and my weight will change like crazy this week before going back up. Reset my goals to reflect the 50-20-30 goals not sure the max amount of calories.

Kah- have a great trip.
    Kaye- Congrats on losing the weight

We will be rolling over soon so look for the link at the bottom of the page to stay with us.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- Are you on-line tonight? Ready for the roll over

If you have a store called 5 and below you can find some nice free weights there for under $5.00 a piece. They start as low as I pound and go up to 5 lbs. It is a good idea to suggest the changes to the management of the condos, they may make the change and it would enhance the property.

Great job for checking out the fitness center today. Have you started swimming again?
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Welcome to our Thread!

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Here’s the MAY CHALLENGE:

1. Lose 4 lbs. for the Month. Or,
    2. Try a new exercise, tape or DVD. 0r
    3. Update your look or try a different look or style.