Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Bump-
    June challenges ideas- Get outside and do something fun on the weekends-hike, bike, swim, walk just be active in some way
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    /bump
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    bump
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    bump
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!:bigsmile:
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Toots: Nook is charging! Looking forward to a good read. Thanks.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone! Got an impromptu invite to join some friends for drinks after work. Then I came home, walked gunner, and went to starbucks to grade. By the time I got home it was after 8 and there was nothing available for dinner other than a frozen Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza. It's from a school fund-raiser and has been in the freezer for months, so I decided to heat it for dinner. It's WAY too many calories--540 for a fairly small slice and I had 2 :noway: --and all the sodium is probably gonna make my weight spike back up. I'm okay with it--tomorrow is a new day.

I had originally planned to do core tonight, but with getting home so late, it's not realistic so I moved it to tomorrow.

Exercise Goals for this week:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym DONE (did weights and rowing + cardio)
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + core
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + run outside + core
    Mon--walk gunner + gym

Grading Goals:
    1. 16/16 12 Angry Men essays DONE!!
    2. x/16 Diction analyses
    3. x/57 TTTC Journals
    4. x/16 vocab quizzes DONE!!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    hello all... sorry I've been a bit MIA -- just been incredibly stressed/busy at work.
    going to be close to making the May goal... still need about a half pound more.

Hope everyone is doing well... I will try and catch up with everything I've missed...
  • PlatinumDiva2013
    Options
    hello everyone, anyone have the solution how to over come a plateau, its been three weeks and no loss, getting frustrated.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • suzee71
    suzee71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by. I've been super tired I'm sure from the stress of this disastrous kitchen remodel. I will never do this again. Doing ok on food but not exercise. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Changed the profile pic!!! It is not the best hair day but the cut is still WAY better than the former pic!!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Checking in: Goal is to hang in there and try to lose a bit before my surgery. I made my big goal of being solidly in ONEderland by my birthday which is tomorrow. With exercise so limited, I'm just trying to stay under calories.
    Have a good night. Kaye
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great Tuesday. I weighed today and was down 1.4 pounds for the week so am happy about that. Lets see goals for May I have now lost just over four pounds and I got a new cut and color over the weekend for the getting a new look challenge. That works for me I guess:happy:
    Toots I looked up the book on amazon and it sounds really good. I will probably buy it on my nook. Sounds right up my alley.
    Robin great job on checking out the gym in your building. Definitley take some music next time. I would never try to work out without it:laugh:
    My goals for the week are to just keep doing what I have been doing since it seems to be working now.
    Have a great night everyone:heart::heart:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    My husband has us all trying to do Insanity. All that most of us can do is what is supposed to be the 'recovery' day and it's super brutal. i think it's kind of crazy, dare i say insanity? but he really wants to do it.

Toots: Nook is charging! Looking forward to a good read. Thanks.
    Toots I looked up the book on amazon and it sounds really good. I will probably buy it on my nook. Sounds right up my alley.

yay! hope you guys enjoy
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Wed. Wish:
    I wish I could figure out why I can't lose weight a little faster. I'm eating 'cleaner' (cut out pop and fast, processed foods), and trying to count calories (I may not be accurate enough but I thought I was pretty close). I finally started adding exercise this last week and it ended up being the week I lost the least amount of weight. I lost more when I didn't exercise. . I have been over my calorie goal a few times, but not by a lot. I haven't had a full, blown binge since I started this, and am determined not to .I eat back my exercise calories as I'm hungry and don't want to feel deprived.
    But, I am a bit discouraged at the slow weight loss. I want to see the scale move downward every week. Is that too much to ask?
    I'm considering eating less calories, but not sure I can handle that.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Happy Birthday Kaye!
    HBSmileyBlowsWhistle.gif

If any of you have Fitbits and would like a Fitbit friend here is my info. http://www.fitbit.com/user/23C9B8

Quote od the day: - “If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be?” ~Maya Angelou

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    @skinnjeans - those fun, impromptu nights with friends are totally worth it and I agree...tomorrow is another day

@Platinum Diva -- plateaus happen. I've been on one for a while so I'm not the expert, but this is what I hear: 1. Make sure you are eating enough calories. Low calories ultimately give a good weight loss for a while but then your body catches up and starts to hold it all so you don't lose it too fast. 2. Lift weights (lift heavy). This builds muscle and muscles burns fat more effectively. (I'm working up the courage to do this one on a more regular basis). 3. Keep going. Plateaus happen and usually you will break through them but it can take a while. 4. Make sure you keep drinking enough water. 5. Remember that the more you lose, the slower it goes.

@TOPSmarca -- cute hair!

@grandmakaye -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

@Mel -- If you haven't been exercising, this just threw your body into shock :noway: When your muscles get worked hard, you retain water to repair the muscles -- this causes water weight...hang in there, after a couple of weeks you should see movement again.

Wednesday Wish: That everybody understands just how precious life is --- yours, your family, your friends, people you've never met. Make sure you tell people how much you love them, but on top of that, make sure your actions match your words. Especially children...your words will be overshadowed by your actions.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    platinum diva - its hard to give specific advice without knowing more, but you could add about 200 cal. to your daily intake, and change your daily exercise to something different. That alone should give you a drop in weight. If you could open up your daily food log for us to see it would be helpful.

marca - what a darling haircut - it shows your face off so nicely!

kaye - HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! Hope it is truly special and you are surrounded by loving family and friends. You're well loved here! :heart: :heart:

jt - congrats on losing more weight and meeting the May Challenges. I'm so impressed with how you are doiong!

Mel - don't be too discouraged if your weight loss is slow, if you are losing weight every week, if its only a lb a week. Losing weight slowly is the best way! Its almost guaranteed that you will keep it off that way. You might consider not eating back all of your exercise calories - try eating back all but 200 cal of them. Also try eating a bigger breakfast with more protein in it, that will make you feel fuller, and also more protein at dinner.

Tom - one of my favorite quotes.

tih - love your wish - very eloquent.

BEST TASTE:::::Some info on protein powders - I was reading up on them last night, and the article recommended the following WHEY protein powders for best taste: EAS, Biotest, and MET-RX. If thats useful to you.

Weds Wish - that I would find an exercise that I like and would do several times a week consistently without pain.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    Wednesday Wish---That I can cut down on simple carbs, sugar, and alcohol for a solid 3 months before my vacation so I can really be my absolute leanest and meanest for Puerto Rico! Looking like a beached whale on the beach...ain't nobody got time for that!:glasses: