Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    Another newbie joining the party! This looks like a great thread and wonderful folks and encouragement :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @caramel--I have such a hard time cutting out alcohol completely--even when I'm doing good with everything else, I like my Friday happy hour with friends. :blushing:

@kaye--Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou:

@marca--love the hair!

@mel--if you aren't already doing so, start weighing your food portions. That was a huge eye-opener for me--one tablespoon of peanut butter was far more than the alloted grams for the same calories, so I was eating way more than I was recording in my diary. Also. what someone else said about muscles retaining water.

Will check back later. :smile:

Exercise Goals for this week:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym DONE (did weights and rowing + cardio)
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + core
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + run outside + core
    Mon--walk gunner + gym

Grading Goals:
    1. x/16 Diction analyses
    2. 1/57 TTTC Journals
    3. 4/31 AP final papers
    4. x/16 ACT essays
  • lilwaif
    lilwaif Posts: 7
    Options
    OK I'm a new kid, what does BUMP mean ? Also when I've tried to list the exercise I can't how do you do this ?
  • lilwaif
    Options
    @caramel--I have such a hard time cutting out alcohol completely--even when I'm doing good with everything else, I like my Friday happy hour with friends. :blushing:

@kaye--Happy Birthday!!! :flowerforyou:

@marca--love the hair!

@mel--if you aren't already doing so, start weighing your food portions. That was a huge eye-opener for me--one tablespoon of peanut butter was far more than the alloted grams for the same calories, so I was eating way more than I was recording in my diary. Also. what someone else said about muscles retaining water.

Will check back later. :smile:

Exercise Goals for this week:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym DONE (did weights and rowing + cardio)
    Tues--walk gunner DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + core
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + run outside + core
    Mon--walk gunner + gym

Grading Goals:
    1. x/16 Diction analyses
    2. 1/57 TTTC Journals
    3. 4/31 AP final papers
    4. x/16 ACT essays
    Hello Skinnyjeanz what is walk gunner ??
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    BUMP means Bring Up My Post...this will ultimately put the thread into the "My Topics" at the top of the message board page. Keeps it easy to find. :smile:

What do you mean you can't list your exercise? In the exercise log?
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    407 Your response to my poor weight loss, gave me the motivation to stick with this and continue much as I've been doing. Maybe just a little bit more aware of portions.
    Robin, thanks, I know you're right. Slow is better. I certainly don't want this weight back, once it's gone.
    Skinnyjeanz, ...you read my mind...I'm starting to measure food, especially those 'small' calorie packed foods ie almond butter, kale pesto sauce

I scrolled down the thread to see how much people on here had lost and was thrilled to see that most of you are really good losers! YOu inspire me. I will persevere....
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    i went to the gyno today and she told me that i need to have bariatric surgery immediately and that i'm way too fat and i'm going to die any minute. i thought doctors always tried to encourage people NOT to have surgery :laugh:
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump :heart:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kaye- Happy Birthday. Best wishes for the year ahead.

Toots- Doctors should be supportive. I would seek a second opinion.

I have a meeting tonight so I will not be going to the gym. I will make up for it tomorrow.

Wish- That I can accomplish more things than I have so far.
  • lilwaif
    Options
    BUMP means Bring Up My Post...this will ultimately put the thread into the "My Topics" at the top of the message board page. Keeps it easy to find. :smile:

What do you mean you can't list your exercise? In the exercise log?
    First off thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. What I mean is... you know when you come in and log the food you ate and the water you drank for the day .. Well when I try to do the same thing with my exercise I can't, example, with the food if your listing spagetti sauce and it's Ragu brand well when you type in the word Ragu into the search it pops up with all these brands of Ragu, but when I try to type in the kinds of exercise I've done for the day it's pops up saying it can't be found ? I go to a gym and take different classes I.E. Core, Groove, Active, Centergy etc. then there is a room just for the ladies in the gym that has circut training weight machines and I do that as well, like every other day for the weight lifting. For instance today I did two classes that were 1/2 hr each and the weight room I was in for 45 min and then stretched and that was my day. Some days I'll do maybe a light yoga class and then do a cardio / arobics class that will be two hours, it all just depends. But I can't seem to log it and I don't know what I'm doing wrong !
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    One of the best things I did was go into Exercise and just look at the database. It gives you a feel for how they word things here. Then I would write down the exercise name and go back to log it. Once you build up the exercises then you won't have to do it much anymore until you add new exercises. For example, if you just type in "walking" it will give you the options. Let's say you walk at a 4.0, you select that. Next time it'll be in your personal option and you just have to check the appropriate box.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You can also enter your own exercise and calories consumed using other tools like:

Calorie Burn Calculator http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Lose One Pound http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi

Calories burned in 30 minutes for people of three different weights http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Calories-burned-in-30-minutes-of-leisure-and-routine-activities.htm

Calories Burned During Exercise, Activities, Sports and Work http://www.nutristrategy.com/caloriesburned.htm

etc.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    lilwaif - when skinnyjeans puts down that she "walks gunner' she means she's walking her dog which is named gunner.....

Lots of confusing stuff here at first.

Glad you joined us. Keep asking questions and we'll try and answer all of them, slowly but surely.
  • imsashafierce
    imsashafierce Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all, So i guess it's wishes Wednesday... I wish that I will win this Biggest Loser competition we have going on at work. It started last week and I've lost 6lbs and thought I was doing great, but still missed out. I'm still proud of the progress I've made but I guess ill confess the truth about my thoughts tomorrow on Truthful Thursday ;)
  • tootsanderson
    Options

i don't believe her. i think i can do it myself. but it was definitely a wake-up call
  • lilwaif
    Options
    Thank you for your help everyone I really appriciate it and thats really funny and cute about the dog gunner :-D
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

i don't believe her. i think i can do it myself. but it was definitely a wake-up call

What does your REGULAR Dr say? I mean is he monitoring your BP, BS, and stuff? I think that was an awful thing for her to say.... what a witch.

Much more effective if she has given a soft word and said she was concerned for your health and maybe it might be time to consider something a bit more drastic than diet.... not "you're going to die:"
  • tootsanderson
    Options

What does your REGULAR Dr say? I mean is he monitoring your BP, BS, and stuff? I think that was an awful thing for her to say.... what a witch.

Much more effective if she has given a soft word and said she was concerned for your health and maybe it might be time to consider something a bit more drastic than diet.... not "you're going to die:"

i've never met her before in my life. although, she isn't the first doctor to tell me that people with PCOS can't possibly lose weight on their own. clearly that is not true since i lost 40 some odd pounds before putting it all back on by not watching every single thing that goes into my mouth and that's the real truth about PCOS. you can't afford anything but vigilance because what is a little slip up to a regular person it's five pounds to a cyster. but still, i was kind of aghast.
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My Wednesday wish is that we would ALL remember and BELIEVE "Fitness: 20% exercise, 80% fork!" Maybe then we would make healthier food choices rather than just lighter ones, and not get so discouraged when the exercise does not go as we would wish.

And that my headache would go away.... that too!!!:smile:

Thanks for the nice comments about my new hair cut!!! It feels good to hear that from my friends!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Marca - I do believe your adage about Fitness being 20% exercise and 80% FORK - in fact I love that saying and probably will quote you from time to time in the future. Thank you for that! :flowerforyou:

I have been under calories every day this week except one.

Thursday Truth = I have done squats for the first time in my life and enjoyed them - imagine that. I did 16 Monday and 32 on Weds. and Weds. I followed them with a protein shake since I really, really felt them in my thighs and waist. I'm reading New Rules of Lifting for Women and although I am not ready to start lifting, I am starting to prepare myself by doing the squats. I am not using any weights just yet, my body is heavy enough by itself. It hasn't bothered my artificial knee or my other knee yet. I hope to keep it up every other day, and alternate it with walking.