Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Today, I think I am taking it off from exercise. I was going to hit the pool today but I just can't motivated myself to go out when it is 97+ degrees outside and I am tired. I am not too worried about it because I have done something everyday since Thursday and tomorrow I have another trainer session planned and we are running.

I am still thinking about vacation but seriously considering the beach or mountains.

macbeth- Hope you have good weather Saturday and Sunday for the paddle trip. I know they are calling for storms on Saturday since that is when the heat wave is suppose to break for the EAST coast. Your trips always sound like fun.

kelly- Glad you were able to do some intervals for running again. Have you tried just doing the running drills--bouncing, ankling and high knees? My trainer also has me doing calm shells, hip extensions, hip drops and calf raises using one leg, then running arms with dumbbells. It is a good workout and helps to build strength for running.

Exercise Goals:
    Sunday- bike 20 miles DONE :happy: :bigsmile:
    MOnday- Trainer DONE:happy:
    Tuesday- Rest NOT DONE-5K PREP:smile:
    Wednesday- Swimming NOT DONE REST Day
    Thursday- gym switch to Trainer
    Friday- Rock Climbing
    Saturday- Swimming
  • Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    @Tom, oh my goodness yall did some great fishing, i know he had some muscles to reel that big fish in:laugh:

@caramel, that is a good nsv:flowerforyou:

Wednesday i believe is wish, well i always give my wish away like you all know from the past. So today Imathbeth you have my wish that you will soon have the desires of your heart. A job, not to be lacking financially, and brighter days.:heart:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Or as they say here in Switzerland, Grutzi! (sp. ?)

I've had a fabulous 1st couple of days. My friends live about a block from Lake Zurich and within walking distance of an area called Old Town which we saw yesterday. Today, we took a boat ride on Lake Zurich to a medieval town called Rapperswil--it was so quaint and lovely. I hastily skimmed posts, but need to get to sleep soon--Amy and I leave for Albertville early tomorrow where we will stay for the Tour on Friday. Saturday we will be back in Zurich, so I may get to post again then.
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I went to the lake with my third grade team from my district for a few days to organize ourselves for the upcoming school year. Ugh basically I have this week and next to get my house organized and then a week long family vacation and then all efforts focus back to the school year! AHHHH where did my summer go!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: That the temps go down a bit for my mom tonight. She wants to attend Jacob's last game, but doesn't deal with heat very well. The game starts at 7:30 so if we could be down to the mid 80's by then, that would allow her to watch his game.

@Beth -- no sale yet. The realtor keeps telling me there is lots of interest, but they all have houses to sell first. So far no offers, but he did ask us to consider going down on price. :explode: I get the reasoning and he says "it's only $2600 less to get in the next bracket." It may not seem like a lot in the scheme of things, but we're already looking at having to shell out about $13,000 at the time of closing...not sure how to come up with more. :sad: But I'm trying to be patient and give it to God. I'm not very good at that! :tongue: We will be in CT from August 8 - 19. It's getting close!!!! Good luck this weekend -- hope the weather pans out for you.

@ Kaye -- Ugh to house repair issues and sewer no less :sick:

@ Robin -- I'm not sure who said it but I agree...I hate ironing and wish you lived closer. :laugh: Good luck with trying to get a new business off the ground. I've thought many times of doing a side business but have no idea how to get started. I'd like to be a bit of a travel agent, but not for a big company. I love researching and finding great things to do wherever I go (one of my favorite things about my VA trip was when I located a swimming hole in the middle of nowhere). Unfortunately, neither my husband nor I make enough money for us to travel more extensively, but I definitely love the research to make my trips more than just the normal tourist trip.

@ Tammy - Yea! a $250 savings is nothing to sneeze at!!

@Caramel -- AWESOME NSV!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

@ Laurie -- YOu've been doing amazing -- you definitely deserve a rest day (and staying inside where it's cool is a great idea :wink: )

@ Karen -- glad you arrived safely and having a good time. Looking forward to living vicariously through your travels.

@ Anna -- summer flies doesn't it? At least you still have your vacation coming up.

Headed to golf and baseball tonight after work. Then we are rewarding ourselves with a trip to the lake tomorrow. Yippee!! EVerybody have a great day!!
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Robin good luck with getting a business off the ground.

Everyone who is going on vacation hope you have a great time. My wish for you is for safe travels and lots of fun.

Anna- I agree summer goes to fast for teachers. Enjoy the vacation.

Karen- The towns sound wonderful enjoy Albertville.
  • AurraSing23
    Options
    Wednesday wish--that my migraine would go away and I would feel better.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the more I think about opening an ironing business the more reasons I come up with against it. Laundry all over my place. It would squeeze out my exercise space or my living room. One or the other. And although I love ironing, I do it once a week - three or four pieces. I don't do T-shirts, sheets or complex items. Just some shirts and capris. I better think about this some more! :laugh:

reinamsk - welcome to this thread! Joining up with a community like this is very helpful in overcoming the little lows that come along - as well as celebrating the highs. You'll also make a lot of friends here. Good friends.!

Angelika - praying for the hubby to have a successful interview!

Caramel - congrats on the smaller size clothes victory - that's great!

Believeth - you're always so generous with your wishes!

Aurra - hope the migraine gets better - wishing you well for Weds wish.

Skinny - great to get an update from you - best wishes!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Well only 9 posts until the roll-over! I hope you guys feel chatty tonight - I want to do the roll over early so AH KIN Get to mah bed!

Although I paid to get my car fixed and got it back, I had the same car trouble as I was out and about today so I have to get up extra early and do my grocery shopping and then go to the mechanic's shop for more repairs. They'll give me a ride home if I get there early enough.
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    @Susan and Believeth - Thanks for your well-wishes and Wednesday Wishes for a new job. I'm actually pretty content right now, despite the poverty thing. When I left the job that was sucking my soul last November, I took an academic-year position at a Clinical Day Treatment in a hospital. I went into it knowing that it would end in June, so that makes it much easier. Since I'm student support instead of a teacher, and since my job officially ended, rather than being assured of a position in the fall, I didn't have the option of taking my pay over 12-months, but I took in a roommate to supplement my unemployment income, and I suspect that they will likely hire me for something when school starts again (if I want it - also exploring other options). Plus, this week they finally worked the kinks out of my (very simple) unemployment claim (which they had unnecessarily complicated) and released my payments!!! :bigsmile: So, it's really not too stressful to be unemployed at the moment, though I do have considerably less money than when I am working - it's actually quite delightful and I am really enjoying and making the most of my summer off!!!!

@Robin -Yep, I would think twice about the ironing too! :laugh:
    @Karen - glad to hear you're having fun!! Hope you have a blast at the Tour!!!
    @Laurie - the mountains and beach are both wonderful, but this time of year, I'd go beach! Sounds like you are doing great workouts with the new trainer! Good luck with the run!
    @Angelika - I think I will pay forward the Wednesday Wish from Believeth - to your husband for fantastic success with his interview and that it all works out well for you and your family!

My friends and I have decided not to risk another severe-thunderstorm adventure, so we will not be paddling down the river on Saturday. We have, however, decided to give it a try tomorrow, if I can get the camping reservation changed. Fortunately, they were both able to change their schedules. Unfortunately, the only way to reserve a site is to mail the request at least two weeks in advance, then wait for them to mail a permit back, so I'm not at all sure I will have success when I call the number tomorrow, asking for a change. If that doesn't work, we have decided to just go hiking again, though this time, we will go to a place where we can park about a mile from camp, set up, and just do some day hiking without the heavy packs. It's supposed to be 93 tomorrow, so we don't want to overdue it in the heat, but this is the only week we can all go, and heat is a bit more manageable (hydration) than lightning (thanks for the good advice, Laurie).

@Tom - thanks for the well-wishes for my trip to visit my dad on the trail. Unfortunately, that trip is off, because he broke a bone in his foot on Sunday, and this year's thru-hike quest is over. :sad: I may be able to change the ticket to fly to their cottage in Oregon for a few days, which is where he will be recuperating. Otherwise, my brother will be able to re-deposit the miles he used to get the ticket in his frequent flyer account (my parents will thankfully pay the fee). As for my dad, he had an amazingly wonderful adventure, hiked over 700 miles, met some really wonderful people, and can't wait to go back out next year (at the tender age of 75) to complete the trail - only 1922 miles to go!! :laugh:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @karen - Thanks for the post. I'm glad you made it safe and sound. I went to Germany and Switzerland during my high school years and it's so beautiful. So many quaint little towns and places to see. I'm so glad so far so good. Enjoy the Tour!!

@Robin - I can't tell you how many times I've come up with ideas, but when I weigh the pros/cons for some reason my pro list is much smaller than the cons. Go figure!

Angelika - I know what it's like to change jobs. When I flew out to Vegas last year, I had so many emotions and it was such a major decision. This is something that not only affects your hubby, but you too. If this door is supposed to open, I hope it opens wide for him.

Reinamsk - Welcome to the group. Try to check in daily if you can. The accountability is so important and these folks are awesome!!!

Caramel - Trying on clothes is always a toss up, but it feels so good when it tosses the right way. You go girl!!!

Aurra - Migraines are just plain awful. Hope it goes away very, very soon.

Wednesday Wish: A dear friend is battling cancer. He's 40 years old. The family was struggling financially to begin with and these past 7 months of chemo and dealing with such raw emotions. Life is tough right now. My heart is breaking for all 4 of them. Praying so hard that a miracle happens.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    machbeth - I hope you get your reservations changed - it would be a great trip with your friends - otherwise have a great day hike!
    sorry you don't get to join your dad on his hike, hope you can join him at his cottage. Too bad his hike was cut short - sounds like a fantastic trip he did!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart:
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Robin here is one more post to help you get closer to number 500 and roll over this thread. I always get anxious when looking for the roll-over. Starting a business is hard work and it will take a lot of time and energy. I think I would bored with ironing after awhile.

beth- Sorry you had to change your plans but most likely a wise choice, storms can be really bad especially when front (warm and cold) collide.

Welcome to the new members, it is always great to see new faces and the ones of those who are returning.

Well, I failed to meet my trainers challenge with regard to food and switching meals around just wasn't into it today. I did stay under calories so that should help some.

Tomorrow will be a busy day- gym, may swim(???), massage, feed a friends dogs, then may go out later for drinks. Plus it's going to be hot again. Oh Well, I will get things done. The swim may wait depends on how I feel after the gym tomorrow.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    :heart::drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    @Laurie and Robin - does this help?
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    BUMP towards 500!
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Soooo close lol.... I got an hour swim in today. It was awesome! I so wish I had a pond or pool in my backyard!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Welcome to our Thread!

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Here’s the JULY CHALLENGE:

The July Challenges:

1. Lose 4 Pounds this month.

2. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.

3. Try a new recipe this month and share it with the group.

Thanks for the help with the roll-over gang!