Replies

• AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    YAY! :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Hey Robin are you taking new people on this thread? I used to do this a Loooong time ago and it was so helpful.
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    Bump
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lmackbethl
    lmackbethl Posts: 156
    Options
    Ugh, my fitbit is not working properly and I am falling down the leaderboard. :sad: The device is still counting steps, but it is not syncing with the site. Today it says I took 0 steps so far, and yesterday, only 969, instead of 5000 or so. This is not good for my competitive self. :grumble:

@Karen - watching the Tour now and it just occurred to me, if you don't have your outfit yet, perhaps a giant chicken costume, so we can spot you? :happy: Well, maybe not a chicken, since I just saw one of those (you wouldn't want to be wearing the exact same costume), but something along those lines?
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Thursday- Truth:

I could have done my 30DayShred last night (my official rest day) because I then would have been more prepared for my busy weekend. Oh well Saturday and Sunday i will be making time with all the crazyness to do my SHRED.

Today is the last day at my current full time job!! yay! Transitioning into a new job in a week! Big changes for me. I am very excited. I have been waiting for this for too long...

ALMOST TO FRIDAY!!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome Neurotic Virgo - welcome Back !

Welcome Kita !

This is a great community for support for you! You'll make a lot of friends here.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • tds030
    tds030 Posts: 5
    Options
    Truth:

I don't count all of the calories I intake... I feel like it becomes too much of a hassle to track down every condiment and if I have a 20 to 30 calorie snack I don't worry about it...
  • Dixiedarling999
    Options
    I started this program last February and dropped out. I am back on over the last two weeks and have lost 10 pounds hurray but I have a hundred to go. Any suggestions?
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How on earth can it be Thursday already? The week has flown by, but its so nice to have our internet back. Very frustrating trying to check email and such on the tiny little screen on my phone.

So a recap-
    Monday check in was good, survived all the birthdays and cakes and restaurants, did indulge at Red Robin with their guacamole burger but only ate half and had the rest the next day. Much easier to manage that 1089 calorie monster.
    Scale stayed the same

Tuesday- Goal that I can stay at my new calorie level. After talking with a nutritionist it was decided part of the reason the scale isn't moving is I'm not eating enough calories and need to bump my intake about 300 more per day. Honestly the first couple days it was fun but having battled my weight for more than 1/2 my life I am struggling with the whole concept of eat more to lose weight. So this is taking some getting used to, I still half expect the scale to be up 3-5 pounds everytime I get on it. Its much harder for me to eat enough than not.

Wednesday- Wish that my children would go to sleep earlier at night! They all- even the 3 year old have become complete night owls. I am not one by nature and its hard still getting up early to exercise. I have to exercise early in the morning or the day takes on a life of its own and it just doesn't happen. 5-6 hours just isn't cutting it.

Thursday- So happy the internet got fixed, it was a combination of a few things, first the cable into the basement that sort of controlled it all had a short and was fried and fried so that was dead. Then on top of it, when my husband tried to fix it over the weekend sords were plugged in where they shouldn't have been.

Looking forward to catching up on all I have missed. Have a good day and drink your water! Its going to be a hot one! Our weather man said expect heat index in the triple digits- definitely a day for the pool
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning

I got back from vacation and found out at work that I am moving back to the other building. That is where I started 21 years ago with this company. It's still the same job just at the other building. I will have to add a little drive time as the other building is 3 miles farther. It will still only be 6 miles so that is not too bad. The part I dread is moving the electronics lab, well I do not have to move it just pack it for the movers but that is not my favorite thing to do.

Now that I'm back from vacation I am going to try harder to lose again.

Mackbeth- Your fitbit will not sync even if you put it on the charger?

Hope everyone is being healthy!

Quote of the day:- “After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” ~Nelson Mandela

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth~I've had a relapse with my back, starting bothering me last night and I woke up to muscle spasms about 2am. Stayed home from work today to alternate ice/heat and load up on Flexeril. I can't think of anything I've done the last few days to aggravate it.

@Beth~Oh, no! :noway: Try resetting your Fitbit. Plug it into your computer as if to charge it and hold down on power button, that should reset it. I think there have been intermittent issues with it syncing to their site lately, too. In the meantime, I will enjoy the advantage. :laugh:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Kelley- Hope your back gets better quick! I hate it when my back hurts.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    /bumpalicious!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. I am just coming alive and hoping today will be better then yesterday. I cant say it was really a bad day I just felt somewhat off all day so didnt really get anything accomplished or feel at all sociable. I am going to go take a shower in a little bit and head to the gym and then when I get home I am going to work on making my resume and cover letter look a little more attractive for want of a better word. Other then that not much planned for the day. I am hoping to take the dogs for a walk with my son again when he gets home from work. Anywho have a great day everyone and I will check in again later :heart: :heart:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    I started this program last February and dropped out. I am back on over the last two weeks and have lost 10 pounds hurray but I have a hundred to go. Any suggestions?

dixiedarling - welcome and congrats on your 10 lb. Loss! A 100 lbs. is a great big amount to go. The best way to look at it is to break it up into smaller increments, say 25 lb at a time, or even 10 lb at a time (it gets harder after the first 10-20 lbs) and give yourself a non-food reward at each incremental loss such as a manicure, or haircut or go try on clothes.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Truth:

I don't count all of the calories I intake... I feel like it becomes too much of a hassle to track down every condiment and if I have a 20 to 30 calorie snack I don't worry about it...

tds - welcome. If this is a hassle for you, you might want to put down 100 cal. total at the beginning or end of the day to account for these random calories to keep you honest..........