Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Tom- I love to meet you and Amy along with Susan when I am in Vegas next month. I have no plan to see the Chippendale's, I have already seen them and was not overly impressed and the show did not change. I will keep you posted on our plans as we make t them.

Karen- I love Potbelly's, that is where I had dinner last night and brought my lunch today. I love their farmhouse salad without the onion and blue cheese along with the Turkey BLT.

Nettie- Sorry about the ankle. Be sure to ice it and rest it. You will know when to quit working out so listen to your body.

Kaye- I love the comment by your foster GS.

Kelley- I am also watching the olympics and will enjoy the skiing, snow boarding, curling and skating.

Well, today I woke up not feeling well so I made arrangements to leave school early. I left an hour later than I wanted but at least I did manage to pull together materials to take home and organize for Monday. I came home ate lunch and slept for an hour. It didn't help as much as I wanted but it was still needed. I opted not to climb tonight because I was so tired and still not feeling well. Hopefully, I will be feel better tomorrow and this is just a cold and that it doesn't morph into something worse.

Have a great weekend.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    to our Newbies - welcome each and every one of you - sorry if I don't greet each of you individually this time. You've found a great thread for support during (and after) your journey! Come back every day if you can, and post frequently! We're here for you!

PamelaJean - what a great goal of setting up a gym for yourself. I know it will be hard at first going down to the basement. Put other things in your gym area to make it your OWN - like pictures and art objects, a source of music, a good light fixture and a place for a BIG water bottle - don't forget to carry one down there every time you go! Even a comfy chair to rest between work-outs. I once had a punching bag and I was pitiful at it at first, but got quite good at it once I got the rhythm down. It was fun after that!

kie-kie - welcome - great that you love pull-ups! Thats a great arm exercise - good for you!

LivesTravel - congrats on signing up for the exercise class. Hope its close to home and becomes a regular part of your life.
    Sorry about the osteopenia. I have that too and take Fosamax for it once a week, since I am on bone-depleting drugs. It will be interesting to see what your doctors say. Sometimes the techs are a little free with the information and you might just be on the edge of the diagnostic scale.
    I am also set to a 1200 cal budget. FYI. Hope your calories don't get cut if you do metabolic measurements!

Kah - great response from the Sneaker store ! I am impressed - what was the brand?
    Oh - and I LOVE the Olympics too - am watching the opening ceremonies right now!

Tom - WHAT DO I HEAR? Is that a commitment to single serving snacks? I mean, its OK if you have 2 or 3 snacks per evening. THats what I eat per evening. I sure do save my calories for those hours when I want to indulge myself. But I do use single serving stuff all the time.
    Now I'm envious of you guys getting together in LAS VEGAS - :grumble: no not really! :flowerforyou:

Jeanettie - sorry about the ankle - I know you'll do the proper thing as far as exercising goes. I LOVED your story about your boys. They have such a sense of humor about them. I just laughed!

Biggest Loser - I don't watch the show either. It has such a cruel streak to it. All that yelling and "make it or I'll break you" attitude just drives me bonkers.

Robin B - I'm glad you found Leslie Sansone - she has been a lifesaver for many a year for many of us here! I have watched and walked with her too!

Haley - I have been diagnosed and treated for depression (and PTSD) since I was 22 and I am now 62. I am on SSD for it after working successfully my adult life, going on disability in 2003, after a severe nervous breakdown had me quitting a full-time job. I don't know why you can't get on disability yet. Honey, just keep trying. As for your drugs, keep working with your professional. It takes several weeks on a drug before they can evaluate you for its effectiveness. But, the advice they give you, the part you have to do on your own to help yourself, is essential. The hard stuff, such as getting out of bed each day, showering, dressing walking, are every bit as important as they say. It seems hard because it is. Haley, make these your daily goals to accomplish You're going to have to do these things the rest of your life, whether you get on disability or not.
    I'm including you in my daily prayers, Haley, as I see you as a younger version of me. And I believe you will get through this.

Have a nice weekend with your friend and good luck experimenting with the kale chips! :flowerforyou:

Humbleheart - great grocery shopping. I know what you mean - just don't go wild and eat it all!

Pixy - sorry your feeling blue - whatever's got you down I hope it doesn't stay with you. Maybe the weekend will be better for you. Could you treat yourself to something that would perk you up? HUGS! :heart:

Naomi - good to see you this week. Great comments BTW and your doing well on the Groundhog day challenge with your fruit - need to pick that up just a little and you'll be doing great!

Laurie - you don't often get sick - hope you feel better tomorrow!

AFM - I have the amazing sleep again - went to bed last night - got up and took morning pills but went right back to bed cuz had too much pain and slept til 3 pm ! WOWSERS - Do I get a medal from the schoolteachers hall of shame?
    :laugh: (My apologies, Karen and Laurie, you who get so little sleep) then I did some chores and paid bills and ate dinner (no breakfast today!) and am now watching the Olympics opening ceremony.

Groundhog Day Challenge: Eat Breakfast: 6/7
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou: Glad to get to the end of what felt like a really long week! I've also been fighting a cold--popping Zicam like candy and so far it's working.

I'm super tired, so I will catch up on personals later (or tomorrow).

Friday Fitness:
    Considering I've been tired and fighting a cold, I'm happy with my exercise this week. I made it to the gym both work days this week, but wasn't able to walk gunner as often as I'd planned due to the weather. Tomorrow he has a salon appt. in the morning. He's usually wiped out afterward, so unlikely he will get a walk (and it's still supposed to be pretty cold).

Grading goals:
    1. more thesis statements
    2. x/1 AP essay
    3. rec letter
    4. re-read Great Gatsby

Exercise goals:
    Mon--rest day CORE WORK INSTEAD
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE + (circuit training + HIIT) DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + (circuit training + HIIT)
  • becky2t
    becky2t Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am new to this thread. Wow it's such an inspiration reading everyone's posts!!!

Friday Fitness: I am walking a mile on the treadmill, daily when possible. I plan to increase the speed and incline as I get stronger and build up more endurance. Eventually, I will work my way up to walking with hand weights but I'll have to improve my balance first! lol

I work a sedentary job for around 12 hours a day, five days a week, have two kids in multiple sports and my husband is going to school full-time on top of a full-time job. I need help staying motivated, and would love to help others with the same. :) I need help motivating myself to find time to exercise, whether I want to or not!

I want to be healthier. I am on expensive acid reflux medication and would like to also lower my blood pressure so I can get off that medication as well. 165/105 bp earlier today, yikes! My doctor has been giving me static about my birth control pills because of my blood pressure. I have had hypoglycemia since I had my kids. I think if I do not turn my life around soon I am likely headed for type 2 diabetes.

I also want to be able to play sports with my kids without feeling like I am being stared at because of my weight. I have allowed my weight to keep me from doing too many things.

Weekend meal planning:
    I like to log my food early in the day or even the night before so I have a good estimate of my calories and if I need to make any adjustments.

Well enough of that junk! Yeah, it's Friday!!! :happy:
  • fernettacaswell
    fernettacaswell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Fernetta and I live in Kentucky. I am morbidly obese and weigh 344.5 lbs. I am scared I am going to die but for ome reason I do not get scared enough to get really serious. I have to do that!!! I want to live, I am 49 years old and I have 2 wonderful grown sons and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I want to watch grow up. I have foght with obesity my entire life but when I was younger I worked on the family farm and I was working hard and keeping teh weight off fairly well. That meaning I weighed about 180 lbs. but I was strong and healthy and I am a relatively tall girl at 5'8". But since having my sons I have loaded on the pounds and went up and down the scale many times. Then I became a TYPE 2 diabetic and insulin has paced the weight on me. I have a mostly sedentery life style and I am trying to get up and get moving again. It is hard, my body aches and I cannot put my shoes and socks on very well. Everyday things that I used to take for granted are a struggle for me now. I am trying to eat healthier and working on getting in 20 minutes of exercise a day for 6 days a week as instructed by my doctor. I have too much protein in my urine and he told me that I have to get this weight off or I am looking at dialysis. I need all the advice, help, recipes and inspiration that I can get.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @fernetta & becky--welcome!! :flowerforyou: And welcome to any other newlings I may have missed earlier. You've found the best thread on MFP--come back often to give and get support and motivation.

For the newlings--in addition to the daily suggested topics (on page 1 of the the thread), we also do a monthly challenge. Always up to you if you'd like to participate. For February we are doing a "Groundhog Day" challenge where you pick one healthy goal and try to repeat it every day of the month (it's a take on the move with Bill Murray where he keeps waking up to the same day over and over :wink: ).

AFM--I made my protein goal and was dead even on calories, so good day. Going to sleep now, but will catch up on personals tomorrow. :smile:

Groundhog Day Challenge:
    7/28 days at 100g or more of protein

Grading goals:
    2. x/1 AP essay
    3. rec letter
    4. re-read Great Gatsby

Exercise goals:
    Fri--rest day
  • humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am loving this group! It will take some time to learn all of you tho! Soooo very much support here!

Fernetta, I jsut found this site too...... Im another KY farm girl. I Just req you be MFPal.

I am trying to learn portion control and slowly but surely I am achieving this! Trying to eat healthier..........more veggies
    and less potatoes and bread.......which are my biggest downfall.

I think my Groundhog Day Challenge will be to walk 30 min each day............. either outdoors or
    with Leslie Sansone!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've been reading this thread for almost a month. You are all wonderful, caring supportive people. I would really like to be part of all the caring, inspiration and advise. I have been obese for over 10 years. I have been overweight for about 20 years before that. I live in Tucson. I'm married with one grown son and two grandchildren. I have had both knees replaced recently.

I go to a nutritionist every 4 weeks. Today was my 1st return visit. I am very proud of what I accomplished. I lost 15 pounds and 13 inches. I am determined to loss my fat this time.

I will be on here every day to read Robins thread and help others if I can.

Please add me as friend if you want.

I hope you all have a great and successful weekend.

I
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you Robinsegg. It is nice to invited.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    oops - double post
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Becky2T - welcome to this group. My, it sounds like you are living the American Dream! :laugh: Just kidding - I am in awe of your hectic schedule. I'd think you'd want to work in that exercise by squeezing it into your work day in stead of adding it on before or after. Can you add in 4 - 5 minute walks at work? Or try to start using a stair case here and there to begin? Those walks would stimulate your body to burn more calories during your sedentary day too. That extra burning power really comes in handy.
    I have high BP too and I found that more frequent body movement helped me lower my BP and prolonged periods of just sitting was not good for it.
    You are doing a GREAT job logging - I am impressed! Keep it up!

Fernetta - welcome - your youthful weight and height is my goal weight and my actual height too! Glad you've chosen this place to come to for support and friendship. Advice - well you've gotten the best advice from your doctor, and by joining MFP you've made a commitment to yourself to follow that advice. Here, we don't jump on you if you fall off the wagon, you can confess to us, and get back on the wagon and its no big deal - we'll help motivate you to keep up the fight.
    With your serious diabetes diagnosis you know you can't fool around, so let us help you. I recommend using MFP's logging feature to best help control what food you eat every day. If you do like many people do, you can plan tomorrows food and write it in the night before so its already planned out and there is no question abut what to eat or when. Plan around your testing and have options for your results. Good Luck!

Skinny - congrats on meeting your protein and calorie goals. Thats a great day for you!

Humbleheart - such a great Groundhogs Day Challenge choice - I like it!

Tigredia - welcome. Glad to have you join us! :heart: Having had both knees replaced actually gives you an advantage in the future as you lose weight and increase your activity. Those new knees are wonderful. I have one and have "grown" to love it!. You are doing so well, congrats on your weight loss to date, and your commitment to working with a nutritionist - getting smarter about eating is so very important. I hope you not only continue to read the thread but also post frequently. We'd also like to hear from you about you!

FYI - General Info for Everyone - New and Old.

A Thread runs 20 pages or 500 posts. One post can consist of one word or 500 words - it doesn't matter how many words you put in your posting as long as its all one comment before you hit the "POST REPLY " button it will only count as one post. So feel free to use your words you won't use up and valuable space - HOORAY!

For those who want to QUOTE a person then REPLY to their comment, its done like this: Under their comment you will see three options in pale blue. They are REPORT POST, QUOTE , REPLY. Click on QUOTE. and instantly their text appears in a response box but it has {/quote] before and after the text. Place the cursor AFTER the last bracket after the last word {/quote} then hit RETURN then start typing your response .

FOR DOING PERSONALS, my favorite way is to use the REPLY choice. When you click on that, the computer opens another TAB. with an open response box ready for you to start typing in. Then you simply hit the old tab for the original conversations you were reading, and when you want to reply to someone, you hit the new tab, your response box is waiting right there for you to type into. Then you just move your cursor from tab to tab as you read, then write, and go back and forth.
    NOTE: ( If you return to the writing tab , but response box seems to be missing, try scrolling up and down - it might have just gotten away from you. If that didn't find it see if there is a back-arrow to activate. Try that. Sometimes it seems I have lost my personals, but I can usually find them this way.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
    :heart: :heart:
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Becky2T - welcome to this group. My, it sounds like you are living the American Dream! :laugh: Just kidding - I am in awe of your hectic schedule. I'd think you'd want to work in that exercise by squeezing it into your work day in stead of adding it on before or after. Can you add in 4 - 5 minute walks at work? Or try to start using a stair case here and there to begin? Those walks would stimulate your body to burn more calories during your sedentary day too. That extra burning power really comes in handy.
    I have high BP too and I found that more frequent body movement helped me lower my BP and prolonged periods of just sitting was not good for it.
    You are doing a GREAT job logging - I am impressed! Keep it up!

Fernetta - welcome - your youthful weight and height is my goal weight and my actual height too! Glad you've chosen this place to come to for support and friendship. Advice - well you've gotten the best advice from your doctor, and by joining MFP you've made a commitment to yourself to follow that advice. Here, we don't jump on you if you fall off the wagon, you can confess to us, and get back on the wagon and its no big deal - we'll help motivate you to keep up the fight.
    With your serious diabetes diagnosis you know you can't fool around, so let us help you. I recommend using MFP's logging feature to best help control what food you eat every day. If you do like many people do, you can plan tomorrows food and write it in the night before so its already planned out and there is no question abut what to eat or when. Plan around your testing and have options for your results. Good Luck!

Skinny - congrats on meeting your protein and calorie goals. Thats a great day for you!

Humbleheart - such a great Groundhogs Day Challenge choice - I like it!

Tigredia - welcome. Glad to have you join us! :heart: Having had both knees replaced actually gives you an advantage in the future as you lose weight and increase your activity. Those new knees are wonderful. I have one and have "grown" to love it!. You are doing so well, congrats on your weight loss to date, and your commitment to working with a nutritionist - getting smarter about eating is so very important. I hope you not only continue to read the thread but also post frequently. We'd also like to hear from you about you!

FYI - General Info for Everyone - New and Old.

A Thread runs 20 pages or 500 posts. One post can consist of one word or 500 words - it doesn't matter how many words you put in your posting as long as its all one comment before you hit the "POST REPLY " button it will only count as one post. So feel free to use your words you won't use up and valuable space - HOORAY!

For those who want to QUOTE a person then REPLY to their comment, its done like this: Under their comment you will see three options in pale blue. They are REPORT POST, QUOTE , REPLY. Click on QUOTE. and instantly their text appears in a response box but it has {/quote] before and after the text. Place the cursor AFTER the last bracket after the last word {/quote} then hit RETURN then start typing your response .

FOR DOING PERSONALS, my favorite way is to use the REPLY choice. When you click on that, the computer opens another TAB. with an open response box ready for you to start typing in. Then you simply hit the old tab for the original conversations you were reading, and when you want to reply to someone, you hit the new tab, your response box is waiting right there for you to type into. Then you just move your cursor from tab to tab as you read, then write, and go back and forth.
    NOTE: ( If you return to the writing tab , but response box seems to be missing, try scrolling up and down - it might have just gotten away from you. If that didn't find it see if there is a back-arrow to activate. Try that. Sometimes it seems I have lost my personals, but I can usually find them this way.

Thanks Robin, I've never known how to do personals very well and maybe I can figure it out now.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

RobinB- I like the idea of making my own single serving snack packs and hopefully will start that.

Kelley- I would love to go to Alaska! I think we may have to fly though.

Nettie- Hope your ankle gets better soon.

Today we get to go pick up the Girl Scout cookies for Amy’s troop, I hope the girls come and pick some up so I can fit my car back in the garage.

Groundhog Day challenge- 2.39 miles, 7 days in a row of more than 2 miles!

“The part can never be well unless the whole is well.” ~Plato

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @tom--a garage full of GS cookies! Talk about temptation! :noway: Great job completing your first full week of the GH challenge. :drinker: Like RobinB, I also use the snack size baggies to portion out the snacks I will take to work. Every Sunday evening, I make baggies of almonds, crackers, pretzel crisps--whatever I've bought to take to munch on at work. It's really helpful when I'm trying to get my stuff together in the morning to get out the door--I can just grab and go. I also weigh out my portions at home onto a plate rather than snacking from the bag. I'm a terrible judge of portions for chips and such. Case in point, I had some extra calories the other night so decided to finish off the crumbs at the bottom of that pesky bag of doritos. My guess was that there was only about a serving left, but I decided to weigh them to see. It was actually closer to 2 servings--and yes, I ate them all, but at least I logged accurately.

Robin gave some great advice for those folks trying to get the hang of personals. Maybe my computer is different from robin's, but if I want to have REPLY open up in a new tab, I need to right click REPLY and select "open in new tab"; otherwise, the reply screen just replaces the thread in the same tab. I bet there are differences depending upon what type of computer (Mac or PC) or browser people use, so this is just another option. I also know some folks like to open a Word document, type up the personals there, and then copy/paste into the REPLY box. Lots of different options. :smile:

@tigredia--what a great accomplishment! You are lucky to have the advantage of seeing a nutritionist as you work through this process! :flowerforyou:

@humble (camille?--still trying to learn new names)--I agree with robin that the number one rule is logging everything, and for me, the only way I can do so accurately is by using a food scale. I spent the 1st few months on MFP using measuring spoons/cups, but the food scale made a world of difference, and in my opinion is much easier (and more accurate) than measuring. I have simple digital scale that gives ounces or grams, and I use it it for just about everything. It really helps with portion control. Also, I'm not a big fan of white potatoes, but bread was a big downfall for me. I've slowly replaced regular bread with things like low-carb wraps and sandwich thins--this really helps me cut calories, but I can still have sandwiches and such.

@laurie--hope you are feeling better soon. :flowerforyou:

@naomi--I do like hard boiled eggs, but I always forget to make them--thanks for the reminder! Sorry you are dealing with such ridiculous heat--glad you have the AC for this round.

@kaye--I LOVE the compliment you got from your foster GS! What a testament to how healthy you are now! There are a few new teachers in our department and occasionally one will say something that reminds me that they have no idea how heavy I was. A couple of us who run were talking about signing up for some races, and one girl was showing interest in joining us. I said "You should sign up with us" and she said, "Yeah, but I'm so intimidated b/c you guys are athletes, and I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up." My friend, Lesly, who is an Ironwoman, laughed and said, "You sound just like Karen 2 years ago!" :laugh:

@tammy--yay, for the hubs being back home! :drinker:

@hayley--those kale chips sound delicious--I've only ever made garlic seasoned, but I love anything honey-mustard, so you'll have to let us know how they turn out.

Regarding Rachael on BL--I also saw Jillian's face and thought the same as robinB--she didn't look "happy" surprised. As p1xy said, hopefully she gets back to a healthier weight and maintains it. She's actually only slightly under the minimum BMI for her height, and she's probably only been there for 8-12 weeks at MOST since they only left the ranch 4 months ago. My guess is that at 23 years old, being underweight for a few weeks probably did no permanent physical damage. However, as robinB suggested, the real question will be whether she can bounce back mentally. Nettie, I was wondering if this would prompt BL to make any changes to their rules and include some sort of minimum weight requirement--I'm not sure how that would work. I agree with kelley that they all tend to gain back a bit of the weight, and 15# would probably put her at a really healthy place for maintenance.

@nettie--be careful with that ankle--sprains can take longer to heal than breaks, so definitely keep it wrapped during activity. :flowerforyou: Great job on the protein! :drinker:

@kelley--I also love the olympics, but this year's venue has put a damper on my enthusiasm. I'm also a bigger fan of summer olympics since I was a gymnast growing up, but I do enjoy watching the skiing, snowboarding, and figure skating. I had the opening ceremonies on last night while the athletes were all entering the stadium. Then Apollo Ono (who was announcing) said "recognization" and it hurt my English teacher ears and I had to change the channel. :laugh:

@L2T--great job getting to that exercise class! :drinker:

I'm sure I missed some people, but I need to get off this computer and get some work done.

Saturday success:
    Well, I made it through my 1st week of the protein challenge, and did pretty well. I was over my protein goal everyday and only slightly over calorie allowance a few days. I also managed to keep up with my grading throughout the week, so I don't have too much piled on for the weekend.

Gunner is at the salon getting "beautified" :laugh: which means cleaning day here at home. I've already started washing the rugs and his bed, and have swept the living room and kitchen. Need to finish the rest of the floors before I get the phone call to go pick him up.

Groundhog Day Challenge:
    7/28 days at 100g or more of protein

Grading goals:
    2. x/1 AP essay
    3. rec letter
    4. re-read Great Gatsby

Exercise goals:
    Fri--rest day
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello again, everyone!
    I've been less than devoted to my plan for the past couple weeks. :embarassed: Gained a couple pounds, and now TOM has me stuck I think this week.
    I like the Groundhog thing, and even though we're eight days into a very short month, I'm setting my goal to be that I check in to the thread daily. I've been logging on my phone, but I think I need you guys to keep me inspired!

I tried something new this past week...working out on my lunch hour! I used to just go for walks when the weather was nicer, but this week, I drove over to a gym, changed into my gym clothes and ran on the treadmill and actually worked up a sweat! Getting cleaned up and back to work on time wasn't as horrid as I thought it was going to be!

Congratulations to everyone on all the success I've been reading up on!
    Yay for no tumor, Robin!
    As for those who are feeling blah or down or seasonal stuff...I'm there with you, but I think we can pull through and come out on the other side! Let's make February fantastic!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    i'm back! Had emergency open heart surgery Jan 28 and my bright shiny new valve is working well. I came home this past wednesday and am doing well.. I am not allowed to use my arms for anything and cannot carry anything heavier than 5 pounds so that is a bit frustrating. And no driving for 8 weeks!!. But i am encouraged to walk so that is what i do. Yesterday i went 2.5 km with no pain at all and no shortness of breath!! soooo Excited!!! Working on eating super healthy foods with as much protein as i can find to make sure i heal well.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Naomi, thanks... I actually love Zumba. It's driving me crazy a little. I can't get 5 stars in about 5 of the songs. So I do them over and over again... until my legs don't want to lift anymore. Then I just do a regular routine. I'm a little competitive. :laugh: I remember the Wiifit plus step. I always had trouble with the timing . The slightest bit off and my score was BAD. I liked the Aerobic boxing best... though hubby was starting to give me some weird looks. :wink: I'm a little jealous about it being so hot there but I know sometimes in the summer, I would just hide out inside w/ the airconditioning. It was brutal the year we didn't have it. +30 when you sleep is yucky.
    Laurie, it sounds like you are going to have a great time in Vegas. So much fun, meeting up with everyone. I hope you're feeling better!
    Robin, I dream of having so much sleep... especially while going through Zombie-like motions all day. lol!
    Tigredia, Fernetta and Becky, this a great thread. Just throw yourself in when you have something to add! Everyone is really nice. :) Fernetta just walking is a great way to start. Try to increase your steps... it can help a lot! Tigredia, great job on what you've already done. WooHoo!
    Wow! KarenLeona, I glad that you're home save and sound, recuperating. Sounds like you're on the mend. :flowerforyou:

I'm off I just have some errands to run. My older son broke his glasses again and I have to see if they're going to be easy to fix. There is also a piano on Kijiji for sale $100 that I'd like to go see. My younger son would like to learn to play. He's 6. Ciao for now!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone. I had a pretty good day. I took the doggies for a nice long walk this morning.Then I got the house cleaned up and then my son and I went to lunch with my oldest daughter. It was very nice. We went out for mongolian grill which I really love because you are picking the foods that go into your meal. The restaurant we went to actually had several different kinds of noodles including rice noodles which I have been wanting to try. They are actually pretty good. After we got home my son and I grabbed the puppy and went to Ilahee were I conquered the hill again. It is such a pretty hike down and then you are on the waterfront but back up is all switchback carved into the hill trails. It isnt super long but enough to get my heart rate in the 160 range and feeling like it is going to just explode out my chest. I am now finishing up a yummy super for me and my guys. Pork chops, mashed potaoes, and corn. One of my hubbies favorites. All in all a real good day:bigsmile:

Just a couple quick personals:
    Fernetta I wanted to welcome you and tell you that you can do this. I started a year and a half ago and at that time I couldnt walk further then the quarter mile to my mailbox without being in a lot of back pain and seriously winded. I just kept a little every day adding as it got easier and now I walk around three miles every day and am thinking about signing up for a walking 5k this summer.
    Karenleona I am happy to hear you are ok. Emergency heart surgery is no joke but now you got the problem fixed sooner then you would have and can start the journey back to a fully healthy functional you:smile:

For everyone else you know I am super proud of everything you do. Have a great night.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
    oops forgot my workout info.

Todays workout per HRM:
    70 min
    1168 cal/claimed 750
    3.52 miles
    8265 steps

Todays hike per HRM:
    25 min
    647 cal/claimed 400