Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good evening. I have enjoyed watching the Olympics today. They are on at our house all the time. DH likes the skiing and speed skating. I like all of the figure skating events.
    Karenleona, I'm sorry your surgery was an emergency, but now its over. I'm glad that it was successful.
    JNettie, I shared your stories of chasing the boys around with my daughter. She really enjoyed it.
    We got about 6-8" of snow from Thursday night to Saturday evening. It is warm and thawing now, but has kept me from exercising outside. I am still doing something everyday. Yesterday I did an aerobics DVD that I didn't know I had. It is a WW DVD. DD says she probably gave it to me a long time ago. I'm pretty awkward, but I could do all of it. I'm getting in the water, but it is a struggle.
    By way of introduction for the newbie, I am the old lady of the group at 69. I've been married for 48 years, have 7 children with spouses, 14 grandchildren, plus some fosters and some steps. They are a big part of my life. I began my final weight loss journey in September 2012. This group of people has been a big part of my success. I have kept the process as simple as possible so that I can continue this life-style for the rest of my life. I haven't had a significant loss since November, but I feel great and am looking pretty good, too. I have lost 1/3 of my starting weight. My body is probably just trying to get used to itself.
    Wishing you all the best. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @rain -- 100 pounds is NOT impossible! :) I used to think the same thing, but you just have to stick with it :)

Monday check in- Was definitely a lazy weekend. Good news is that I didn't go anywhere close to over my calories. Bad news is that I under ate.

Started PT on Friday. That's...not fun. My shoulder is still sore, but that's what PT does I suppose. 2x a week for the next month or so...wooooohooo..... :) Debating going to the gym tonight. I've REALLY been slacking lately, but I'm still losing, which makes me happy. I am realizing I really don't like to go to the gym when it's late because then I have to eat back some calories, and it doesn't give me great sleep and keeps me up late. /sigh weight loss problems. :)
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :heart: bump :flowerforyou:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Oy, my morning is off to a rough start. I forgot to put the decanter in the coffee maker, so when I came downstairs I had coffee and coffee grounds all over the counter – what a mess! :mad: It has a first cup feature, but can't hold the entire pot so it overflowed. Guess it was an excuse to swing by Starbucks. :wink: I swear I need a checklist – I left this morning without my gym bag, luckily I wasn’t far from home when I realized it so went back for it.

@Laurie~Glad you got checked out to make sure you didn’t need some antibiotics, I’m glad you were able to get the rest you needed.

@Karen~I’m sorry about the migraines, I’ve had them on/off since my teens also – all due to hormonal fluctuations. Mine are less frequent now.

@Nettie~Snowshoeing, how fun. Sounds like a great weekend and congrats on working your way through the Gilad program!

AFM~Another busy weekend, where does the time go. Of course, if I wasn’t watching the Olympics all the time maybe I’d get some stuff done! :laugh: The skiing and snowboarding is my favorite thing to watch, hated seeing Bode Miller (my favorite skier) not medal in his Alpine event. :cry: I had a terrible muscle spasm in my side last night, so didn’t move off the couch from about 6pm until I went to bed – then had to take a muscle relaxant and pain medication so I could sleep. I suspect a muscle went into spasm from an exercise my trainer had me do, my core really tightened with every rep and that is where the spasm was – luckily its better this morning. Since I now weigh with my trainer on Sunday’s, I’m giving myself a fresh start today – changing my ticker in a minute to reflect our three-month goal. Still hoping to repeat my metabolic assessments this week.

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Session with Trainer DONE!
    Monday~Arc Trainer
    Tuesday~Session with Trainer
    Wednesday~Elliptical
    Thursday~Racquetball with Trainer
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Treadmill/Stairmill

Have a great day!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Monday again. Sure seems to come much more quickly than Friday.

@kah - Thanks for the info on Metabolic testing. Seems like a pretty easy process and could provide very valuable info. I'm going to look into having it done.

@hayley - Hope you had a good weekend with your step son and I'm sending prayers and happy, healthy thoughts your way.

@naomi - I have thought about eating at maintenance for a week or so and then cutting back again, but like you it scares me. What if I gain? What if I can't cut back again? I think for now, I'm going to stay the course and add more exercise. I did lose a pound last week, so maybe things are turning back around. We shall see.

@robin - Appears the tech was spot on. My doctor emailed me over the weekend (gotta love a doc like that) and asked how much calcium and D3 were in my multi vitamin and then suggested additional units of each. He felt that this was something that we needed to monitor, but not a reason to panic and so I won't. I'll take my vitamins, concentrate on losing the rest of the weight and getting exercise. Like you, I take a bone depleting drug (inhaled steroids for asthma) and have for 30 years. I can't do anything about that, but I'll do what I can. And yes, a metabolic study may show I need fewer calories. Scary!

@fernetta - Welcome! You've found a great place for support and ideas. I know how daunting it is to see that number on the scale. Mine read 295 on June 14 last year and it literally took my breath away. And so I decided it needed to change. I'm lucky and didn't have any medical issues related to my weight, but I would have eventually. But, I didn't feel good and didn't have the energy to enjoy life. Just do your best every day and NEVER give up. You'll surprise yourself at what you can accomplish if you just take it a day at a time!

@karenleona - Welcome back and so glad your surgery was a success!

@rain - Welcome. Try not to focus on the big scary number. Focus on a short term goal. When you get there, focus on another. If I had thought "I need to lose 150 lbs", I would have quit day one. You can do this one day at a time.

AFM - Had a very busy weekend, but did find some time to watch some Olympics and see The Monument Men. What an interesting story about WWII and one I had never heard about before. We have snow and ice in our forecast again this week. As long as the weather doesn't cancel things, I plan to go to 4 exercise classes this week. I can't wait for warm weather when I can walk to class and back. Spring cannot get here soon enough! I did lose a pound last week and I'm crossing my fingersand hoping things are getting back to normal.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Woot! I am happy the scale was friendly to me today. I have been back for another round and logging and reading the thread. I really have not done any exercise but keep most day below my goal and the day that I went over it was not much. So I hope I can keep it up and meet my October goal of 1.5 lbs a week.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I am going to the doctor’s today because my work insurance changed again this year and I need my Rxs refilled.:grumble: I’ll probably go out for lunch if I can remember how to pick crabs I may try a new place here called Crab Corner. Amy has to work so I’m on my own and she does not like seafood so I want to go somewhere that is not her kind of place but is mine.

http://www.crabcornerlv.com/

Karen- Can you have the delicious shrimp and broccoli pasta dish without the pasta? I really like shrimp and broccoli so I have them quite a bit.

Groundhog Day Challenge- 2.15 miles, 9 days in a row over 2 miles!

“The easier it is to do, the harder it is to change.” ~Eng’s Principle

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tom--I made that suggestion to my husband--to make the shrimp and broccoli sans pasta--and he looked at me as if I were an alien. :laugh: I will try again to see if he understands that he can still make the pasta separately, and then we could each add whatever amount we would like. I love all seafood--that Crab Corner place looks delish!

@ushkii--if you stick with staying under calories, you can lose a lot of weight with very little exercise. Glad the scale was kind to you and recognized your hard work. :flowerforyou:

@L2T--I saw Clooney on Daily Show last week and thought that movie looked so interesting.

@kelley--oh my, what a crazy start to your day! :noway:

@garetie--:flowerforyou:

@alupinsk--is that a new profile pic? You look great! I sometimes eat back my exercise calories BEFORE I even work out, if I'm going later in the day. That way I don't have to eat a big meal late at night. It also forces me to go--if I'm wavering, I think "Well I HAVE TO go b/c I ate x, y, and z already."

@kaye--that's nice that you found an old DVD to use when the weather is uncooperative.

@rain--can you find out who the food service provider is at the shcool's cafeteria? Often some of their foods are already in the MFP database. For example, I teach at a HS and we use Sodexo food services, so I can look up their foods and usually find others have already added them to the database. I honestly don't know how accurate they are, but it's better than nothing.

Groundhog Day Challenge:
    9/28 days at 100g or more of protein

Grading goals:
    1. x/1 AP essay
    2. rec letter
    3. re-read Great Gatsby DID SOME

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
    Tues--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Wed--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
  • amandafauxpas
    Options
    Happy Monday to all!

Last week was really rough and this week is starting out the same. We're closing in on the last few weeks of rehearsal and things are getting hectic, like they do. The show is going to be fantastic, but there is still so much to do! Trying to help alleviate some stress and anxiety for our director by lending a hand, but that also means less me-time. I'm amazed I got to the gym three times last week, but for me that is pretty great. This week I'm planning on two, but I'm hoping to somehow squeeze in numbers three and four. On top of rehearsals, we're also planning our next season, signing contracts for new actors, and performing a murder mystery dinner on Valentine's Day. It's non-stop go-go-go-go-go over here! I'm looking forward to the break after the show so that I can focus a little more on taking care of me again. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and they're worried about my blood pressure, so they put me on a water pill. I'm also back on Metformin for my PCOS, which makes my tummy pretty miserable. The joys of modern medicine.

ANYWAY, I hope you're all well, I just wanted to check in and say I'm still trucking along and doing my best. More soon!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I had my first flub at the GD challenge. Yesterday afterwork (my long shift and no breaks) my hubby called and asked if I wanted to go out for dinner because he didn't feel like cooking. I was hungry and caved... that simple. :ohwell: OOPS!
    He is now on strict instructions not to even suggest it for several weeks... that was it! lol! I got a "Yes dear." response and boy did he look guilty. He knows I'm a bit weak in this department and he knows what I'm like after this shift. Well, Bill Murray kept trying to get it right too. :laugh:

I will get to personals later but I mainly wanted to fess up and "bump". Have a great day everyone!!!
  • humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Hoping all of you had a nice weekend. I am sooooo looking forward to spring
    and warmer weather. After a few mild winters, I had forgotten how cold winter can be!
    All of you have made such strides on your weight loss journey!!! I can't wait to have big numbers lost too.

JNettie....your weekend sounded great!
    I do think I will buy a kitchen scale soon. I use my measuring cups and spoons all the time. I
    thought I had a pretty good perspective on measurments till I actually began measuring!

Rain... you are on the right path.... losing 4 pounds! Seeing the dietitian and exercizing! Way to go!

Kaye... Your family must keep you hopping! I am an only and have an only so I don't know what it's like
    to have a big family! Your 90 lb loss is amazing!

Missamanda... you are a busy girl! Try to find a few minutes for yourself this week!
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It's Monday! Groundhog Challenge 3 for 3. :glasses:

I had a pretty successful weekend, food and fitness-wise. I went out to dinner on Saturday night with a friend, but kept it within my calorie limit. And I went and worked out at the gym on both Saturday and Sunday. I haven't exercised on a weekend in several months!

This week I'm hoping to get in three workouts with my work out buddy in the evenings, and I have several slow cooker recipes that we'll be having for dinners. Tonight: "Casserole for Skinnies" from our slow cooker cookbook! (I forget the title of the cookbook right now.) With a name that says it's for skinnies, I'm expecting big things. :laugh:

@Jnettie- Congratulations on meeting your goal!

@rain- Welcome to the thread! You can do this. Take it 5 lbs at a time if you have to, eventually you will lose the 100. It's not impossible. I have my ultimate goal on my ticker, but am focusing on 20 lbs to lose before I reward myself with new clothes, and working toward losing about 52 lbs total this year.

@Kaye- An awkward calorie burned is still a calorie burned! :wink: Good for you for getting some indoor exercise done!

@alupinsk- Can you plan an estimate of your calorie burn before you go the gym so that you can eat the calories prior to your workout? Like, if you do pretty much the same thing most of the time and you know you'll be getting a 200 or 300 or 1200 calorie burn...whatever it is, then try to plan to add some of those calories to your lunch or snacks during the day?

@kah- Yikes! What a mess to wake up to!

@L2T- Glad for your loss. Hope it continues in the downward direction!

@ushkii- Congratulations and keep it up!

@Amanda- Hope you're able to take some time for yourself this week, sounds crazy!

@p1xy- Bill Murray did get it right eventually. You will too! :smile:

@humbleheart- Forgot how cold winter is too! And I'll forget again by next winter. :laugh:
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. You all sound like such great friends.

Laurie - Thank you for the explanation of the daily routines and Feb challenge

Humble - I haven 't forgotten your email. I responded but before I could send the message disappeared. Too tired last night to start over

My Feb challenge is to ride my stationary every day for as long as I can and keep my carbs at 25% of my calories
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Tom- a crab lunch sounds wonderful!! i LOVE seafood
    Nettie- snowshoeing is very hard work! i used to take my Brownie group out to let them try it. It was lots of fun but i think i would enjoy it more now, as i am a bit fitter
    Able to easily walk the 1.5 km to the hospital and back for blood work but had to walk carefully as we had snow/freezing rain then regular rain and it was very slushy and slippery!
  • GinaStanley07
    GinaStanley07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Gina. I found your post and saw all the support and motivation.
    I just thought I would give you guys a try!!!
    My goal : 114 pounds in as many as 23 weeks.
    I am excited and really don't know what to say...I have a blog if any of you are interested in following me.

http://ginastanley.wordpress.com/

I am open to questions and will stop by every day :D
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump - Sorry I've been MIA this weekend. Battling the flu. Stayed home from work today, but hoping to be back tomorrow. I'll do some personals soon.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone and welcome to the newlings! :flowerforyou:

Monday Check-in:
    I have a super busy week. Every year we offer ACT prep classes and I teach the reading section. That means this week I teach a class Tuesday night, Wenesday night, and Saturday morning. The weekday classes don't start until 7pm b/c they don't want the schedule to conflict with sports and clubs, so I will be here until 9:30 pm for the next 2 nights. :yawn: At least I live close enough that I can go home for dinner after school--I don't think I could handle being here for 14 hours straight!

B/c of the classes, I won't be able to work out Tues. or Wed. Needless to say today I have plans to go to the gym after work. I was wavering about it, and then a friend brought Valentine goodies (sugar cookies, cupcakes, and crumb cake) that she made over the weekend. She's a fabulous baker and only makes these treats at Christmas and Valentine's, so I caved and had some of each. Those extra calories (mostly sugar!) solidify my need to hit the gym b/c I still intend to make my protein goal! :drinker:

Groundhog Day Challenge:
    9/28 days at 100g or more of protein

Grading goals:
    1. x/1 AP essay
    2. rec letter
    3. re-read Great Gatsby DID SOME

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
    Tues--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Wed--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Unfortunately, I started feeling under the weather on Friday afternoon. Cyrus had baseball try-outs on Saturday and we had to run some errands. He really needed new glasses and thank goodness I paid for the protection plan. We walked away with brand new glass for $27. Insurance was so worth it!!! I really just crashed the rest of the weekend as I could tell my body was shutting down. I think I’ve been sleeping ever since. No gym since last Thursday, but I’ll be back this week. Eating has been OK as well.

@ Laurie – I have the exact same symptoms. Just getting rest and hoping to get back to work tomorrow. Sigh.

@ Pamela – Did you get the gym set-up? Winter has been so brutal for so much of the country and I think it’s great to set-up your own place.

@ L2T – I’m glad you liked the classes at the church and decided to go on a regular basis. As far as being in the back, I always do and it doesn’t bother me one bit. I’m not quite as coordinated and need to watch others so it doesn’t bother me. Sorry to hear about the bone density scan. I know that’s not news you wanted to hear.

@ Kelly – I thought those were your dates. I depart Dallas on 3/26. Hopefully, I will get back there again for business at some point. As far as the Olympics, I use to be an avid watcher. I’m just not into this year for some reason. I think because I’m trying to get to bed much earlier to make my early AM workouts. I just am not watching TV much in the evening.

@ Nettie – Your 97 is great on protein especially being a vegetarian. I think that’s awesome!!! I agree with your comments on the Biggest Loser. I guess before I really started focusing on my journey I thought if they could do it then I can too. After going through the many ups and downs, which is called life I realized the show is just that and not real life. I do like the one show Extreme Makeover where they actually follow the contestants for a full year. They only have the show trainer show up occasionally and the rest is on their own, but it follows them over a year versus a 3 month period.

@ Jtconst – So glad your hubby is home safe and sound. Also, very proud of you and your fitness goals. You’ve been doing great!!

@ Tom – You’re doing great on the February Challenge too. Keep going!!! Girl Scout cookies gone? Also, we should definitely plan to get together when Laurie's in town. It would be so fun for us to all meet up.

@ Karen – Congrats hitting your protein goals last week. I know you’ll do it again this week. Is Gunnar all beautified? LOL!! Glad to see your feeling a little better too. I'll be in Chicago for the NRA in May and can probably find some down time. I would love to get together with you while I'm there.

@ Hansea – Good job working out at lunch. At my previous job, we had a gym in the basement so no excuse for me. The fact you actually went to the gym is a huge accomplishment. Good for you!

@ KarenL – I’m so glad everything went well, but scary to have emergency surgery. We knew it was coming, but not so quickly. Take time to heal and no rushing things. You and your ticker are too important!!!

@ Tigredia, Fernetta, Becky and Rain – Welcome! Try to log in daily if you can. The accountability is so important.

@ Manda – The end is in sight. Preparing for a show takes so much hard work and the end results are over so quickly. I know it’s going to be great and you’re going to be awesome!!
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Monday Check-in: Well the weekend was ok. I broke Paleo for the first time last night. I got home from the grocery store late and my family had Popeyes earlier that day so I tore what I could of the breading off of the chicken and ate that because I was absolutely starving. Needless to say I really don't feel too great today. Breaking Paleo=not worth it to my tummy. Also, Saturday night my bf's car got broken into. They stole his stereo and his back speakers. We made a police report but I haven't heard anything more on it today. He does have an alarm on his car and his doors were locked but his alarm isn't too loud and they must have disabled the alarm. They really had no idea what they were doing because they totally ripped up the center console so badly that it came up over the gear shift and that was unnecessary because they could have just pulled the stereo out and took out the wires instead they cut them. They caused more damage to his car than it's worth. Only humor in it is that he had a pack of organic gummy bears in his car and the people who broke in must have gotten hungry and eaten them since there was only one left and it was on the seat. Poor guy is pretty upset about it but there's really nothing more he can do. His insurance won't cover it.

GHD challenge: I've kind of been all over the place with this. My protein intake is always pretty good and usually about 100. And for the walking it has either been too cold or rainy, or I've just been too darn busy. I will keep trying though!

@Susan- I hope you get to feeling better soon!

@Karen(Skinnyjeans)- Being at work/school for 14 hours sounds miserable. My Step-mom is a teacher and she's regularly at school for 12 hour a day. I couldn't imagine it.

@Tom-Oh man, crabs sound so amazing right now. When my great grandma was alive we would visit her in Baltimore and at least every 2 or 3 visits we'd have crabs. Sooooooo happy that they are Paleo!

@Karenleona- Glad you are on the mend from your surgery!

I hope everyone has a great day!
    Helena

Edit: for a few spelling things I noticed right before I clicked post.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. I woke up this morning and was completely exhausted. I also had zero motivation to workout today. I don't know what came over me. I hope this isn't a sign that I am coking down with something. I did a few loads of laundry before work today then came home and cooked dinner. My protein was 80 today so I just made my goal.

For dinner tonight I made Panko Crusted Eggplant with Arugula Salad and Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes. Brian has made this recipe for me a few times and I absolutely love it. I thought you all may like it too. I ended up baking the eggplant rather than fry to save on some calories. It came out great! The recipe I used is a vegan recipe. I don't mind dairy products so I used fat free milk, butter and regular sour cream instead of dairy free products.
    http://veegmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/panko-crusted-eggplant-with-arugula-and.html