Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Wednesday to all!
    My Wednesday wish is for all of you who are under the weather !
    Whether you are under the weather healthwise.......... feel better soon!
    Whether you are litterally under the weather!............. be warm and safe

Spending the evening with an elderly aunt and the night with my daughter's
    100 pound beauceron (that thinks she is a real girl!) while they get away for
    a short valentine/anniversary trip.

I'll be back tomorrow morning!
    Camille
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Hoping everyone feels better soon! I don't have much to report, except that I am completely bogged down and stressed out by summer fellowship and job applications at the moment, but still (hopefully) will be able to get my exercise in. I also lost 4 pounds at my weigh in yesterday, bringing me just under 100 to lose from this point onwards.

Have a lovely day everyone
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump - Super busy with work, but will catch up soon. Happy Hump Day!!!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day all. I hope all is going well in your worlds. I had a decent day and got my walk in and finished my cleaning with the dentist. Spent the afternoon with the hubby and parents playing games. I think my wednesday wish will be for all of you to start feeling better. Not much more to say tonight. I filled my belly with dinner and seem to be brain dead now. Have a great night all.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:

Todays Workout per HRM:
    40 min
    717 cals/claimed 340
    2.08 miles
    5071 steps
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Well, still no voice but at least i am starting to feel better. The good news is school has been canceled for tomorrow due to snow and Friday will follow the same path so I get a 5 day weekend. Monday is a holiday. Maybe I will get my voice back during that time. The exercise will be shoveling the snow so hopefully, I will feel like going outside and shoveling. Who am I kidding- I will be outside tomorrow. Not sure how much of the white stuff we will get but this storm will last about 24 hours.

Robin- Glad you are home and are now on new meds. Sorry to hear about your classmate. I heard of someone else tonight who suffered a stroke and he was only 50. For him it could have been a combination of over the counter cold medicine and one of the prescriptions that he takes. Scary thought and luckily they figured it out in time and he will recover. How was the lego movie?

Marsha- Glad you are still coming around. Hope all is well.

alpunski- Take care of that sinus infection/cold. Mine got out of hand and now I am voiceless or cartoon sounding. Hope you can get some meds soon.

Wish:That my voice comes back sooner rather than later.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    My Wed. Wish is also that all of you sickies get well soon, and that those of you in the path of the storm stay safe.

I had a pretty good day, despite it being another long one. Tomorrow is the start of our annual Charity Bash--every year our students pick a charity and the whole school spends 2 weeks raising money through activities, sales, shows, etc. This year's charity is Special Olympics and we will have the kick off assembly tomorrow.

Going to bed now--I'm so exhausted, and I want to get a good night's sleep so I have the energy to go to the gym after work tomorrow. :yawn:
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    Wednesday wish: I wish that there was more time in the day.

I'm sot tired and been so busy I'll catch up tomorrow.

Helena
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hope all of you struggling with the weather stay safe & warm, and for those of you suffering illness/injury I really hope you get better soon.

Newlings, Welcome! This is a great thread, the people on here are great for advice & encouragement. Come back often.

@hansea – glad you enjoyed your turkey taco’s. We don't eat much Turkey in Australia, but we always celebrate Thanksgiving (with my US brother in law) so do have a bit now & then.

@ushkii – I have just googled that song because I didn't know it. It's a bit familiar, but I think i'm just a wee bit too young.

@RobinsEgg – hope you are getting better. So sorry about your HS friend.

@Tom – great job on the walking

@skinny – what a great charity to fundraise for. Often Special Olympics are overlooked. They hardly appear on the tele over here, which I think is a real shame. Hopefully these ones will be on.

@Helena – don’t we all (wish for more hours in the day that is)!

AFM – Thursday Truth – It takes toooooo long to lose weight!!!! But seriously, I am still wanting to cheat on my GD challenge, having trouble with the fruit!

GD Challenge – fruit every day – 7/12.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Snow Day---
    Just chilling out at home, resting the voice and not shoveling yet.

We started out with snow but it turned to sleet and rain. We are now heading into a lull and waiting for round 2 later this afternoon. Not sure if we will shovel it or not since it might be safer walking on the snow covered with ice vs. a side walk with ice.

The state has pretty much shut down so hopefully people will stay off the roads today.

Welcome to all the new people.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    It's snowing again. We got about 6 inches yesterday followed by and inch of sleet and now we're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow on top of it all. Did I move to Minnesota and didn't notice? It really is beautiful, but I know many are not as lucky as I am to be watching the snow fall from a warm house. I hope they get their power back soon. Exercise class is, of course, cancelled again today and I'm sure tomorrow morning as well. Hopefully by Monday things will be back to normal.

@robin - Glad you're home from the hospital and I hope the new meds are effective.

@skinny - I love the Special Olympics. My kids school hosts it every year and it's so much fun to watch the athletes and upper school buddies bond over the course of the 2 days of events. I haven't been since my youngest graduated, but I'll put it on my calendar for this spring.

@laurie - Hope you're feeling better and your voice has returned.

@naomi - Yes, it does take a lot of time, but at least we're moving in the right direction. Patience is not one of my virtues so I consider the challenge of losing weight as character building!

AFM - My weight has started to move again and in the right direction. Only 3.6 lbs before I finally hit the 100s. YAY!!!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @RobinsEgg - Glad you went to the hospital and got checked out; wish you the best on your health. How was the LEGO Movie, I want to see that soon.
    @Lives2Travel - So great you are close to your goal, such an inspiration, thanks.

Thru Truth, these last couple days have been easy to keep under goal for eating because I have been so busy. This makes me realize that much of my snacking is just out or boredom or extra time sitting in from of the TV with a laptop. hummm.

Goals:

Under calorie goal 4/7 days: 3/7
    Walk 3/7 days: 1/7
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning. It is a beautiful day in the pacific northwest. We are between weather systems right now so it ws sunny, 45 degrees, and a light breeze for my walk with the dogs this morning. If it werent for this darn blister I probably would have extended it for a bit. So just out of curiosity can any of you tell me what a respectable time to shoot for on a three mile walk would be? Right now I am averaging 65 min and want to work on bringing that down before I start adding in more laps.

My Thursday truth is I think I might be becoming a little obssesed with the scale. I might have to put it up for awhile:grumble:

Robin I am happy to hear you went in and they got you on new bp meds before anything tragic could happen. I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.
    Naomi I totally agree about the patience part. It has never been one of my virtues but I am trying:tongue:
    For everyone in the paths of storms today stay safe and warm and have a great day.

Well gtg to the store so have a great day everyone.:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:

Todays Workout per HRM:
    65 min
    1160 cals/claimed 760
    3.19 miles
    7941 steps
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - sorry you are voiceless - which cartoon character do you most sound like when you try to speak? :wink: I'm so glad you have a long weekend to recover - and to get some precious sleep.

JNettie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my friend! Like someone else suggested, stretch it out to the full week! Enjoy!

Skinny - I wish the best for your school's Charity Bash. I love the Special Olympics - its so full of great spirit!

LivesToTravel - ooh - you're getting close to Onederland - I'm so excited for you!!!!!

Ushki - THE LEGO MOVIE was a lot of fun with a surprise ending that I loved! Definitely go see it. I did not see it in 3D because I now have a cataract and its not worth it for me and it was still great to see.
    Ushkii - glad you had that insight on your snacking - that is so great to discover!

JTConst - I can't advise on walking times, but I think its wonderful that you're up to 3 miles - that's my goal so I can do Volksmarches when the weather improves. (THe last Volksmarch I participated in, I wasn't ready and I lost a toe-nail!) Reminds me I need new shoes! You might try some jogging alternating with the walking but get good advice on how to do that from some of the senior members here !!!!!

AFM - thanks for all the good wishes. I am still blue, and overeating. I have to get that under control, and I have to start exercising. That are two goals I want to conquer before the end of the month. Since I got ill, I have been reacting to life instead of ACTING. I have to TAKE CHARGE of my life again.
    Today I am going to color my hair - its been a good six weeks since its been done. It went well doing it at home last time so I'm doing it again. Then I am going to the grocery store. Those two things will wear me out for the day.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @ushkii- Good work with your goals. And good job identifying your boredom eating. I do that too. I find if I keep myself busy, I eat less, and I usually do a lot of tv/boredom eating at night, so going to bed earlier has helped me as well.

@Robin- Glad to see you back home and doing better on your new meds. We promised the kids that we'd take them to the LEGO movie soon. I hope you can get up over the top of your blues soon. Is there a hair color called "Take Charge"? That would be a good one for you to use today. :smile:

@Tom- I like your quotes, especially the latest one!

@Rain- Woot! Woot! Congratulations on your loss. :happy:

@skinnyjeanz- Good luck with the school charity thing. Who doesn't love Special Olympics?

@Laurie- Sorry you're still dealing with illness...at least the lost voice is usually the last step before the cold goes away. I think. :wink:

@Naomi- Losing weight is definitely a long journey. That's for sure. And I don't think it's ever over, even when you get to goal. I think you're doing good with your goal, eating fruit most days.

@L2T- Awesome news about being so close to the 100s!!!! Won't be long now!

@jtconst-I think any time is respectable. You have to respect someone who walks and takes care of themselves! :smile:
    I've walked and run several 5Ks (3.1 miles), and most people finish walking them in about an hour, so you're right on, based on my anecdotal evidence.

My Thursday Truth is that I opened up a jar of Nutella and ate half of it last night (putting me about 700 calories over). Damn you, Nutella. Why are you so tasty? I was up this morning, but still down from my last Saturday weigh-in, so as long as I keep the rest of that jar in the back of the cupboard, I should be okay. :laugh:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

GHDC= 2.65 miles, 12 days in a row of over 2 miles.

“It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.” ~John Wooden

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @tom--You're doing great with the GHDC! :drinker: Didn't you celebrate a birthday this week as well? I apologize for missing it--Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou:

@hansea--I have never bought nutella for that exact reason. It is the most delicious substance on earth.

@robin--I know you can take back control. Color that hair and get into "lioness" mode as nicole would say. :wink:

@tammy--first let me say that ANY time is respectable compared to sitting on the couch--so be proud of going that distance regardless of how long it takes. :drinker: I know the 5k's I sign up for usually suggest you be able to complete them at a 15 minute mile pace, so about 45 minutes for 3 miles. However, when they are combo walk/run events, there are usually plenty of people coming in at right about an hour for the 3.1 miles. As someone suggested, maybe try to bring up the pace in intervals--even if you're not ready to jog, you could walk faster for short stints.

@ushkii--I am also a boredom eater--I can mindlessly eat all kinds of crap when I'm not keeping busy. :blushing: One way I combat that is to play games on the computer while watching TV. It's hard to play Candy Crush and eat at the same time.:tongue:

@L2T--Our school also hosts the Special Olympics every year. In addition, we have a really well-developed Special Needs Athletic Program in which HS students work with the special needs students on a daily basis in adapted PE classes and also once or twice a week through the park district. Most of the SNAP leaders also volunteer to be buddies to the Special Olympic athletes to help them prepare for competition. I saw that your area got hit pretty badly with this storm--stay safe and warm!

@laurie--glad you get some down time to rest, but sheesh--more snow! We got lucky with this last system--there were scattered light flurries today, but the temps were just high enough to melt it once it hit the ground, so no new accumulation. The forecast shows temps in the 40's by next weekend--that would be heavenly!

@naomi--I don't think I've ever seen SO on TV here either, now that you mention it. I bet they are broadcast on some cable channel, but I've never looked before. I agree that I sometimes feel my patience running short, but I just try to focus on my progress so far.

Thursday Truth:
    I caved in and ate pizza Tuesday night after I had already closed out my food diary. I was hungry b/c of the crazy schedule teaching ACT, and decided to eat some salad which only put me over by 90 calories. However, my husband decided to make a frozen pizza at 11 pm, and instead of turning it down and going to bed, I ate a piece. :blushing: I did go back and log it, so at least I was honest, but I didn't really need it. I did better last night and managed to make up for about half of the previous night's overage. I'm also already over my protein goal for today and still have over 300 calories to spare. I will probably still have a snack tonight, but should have no problem staying under.

I also ended up skipping the gym today. I'm so tired from two 14-hour days, and it was warm enough to take gunner for a longer walk, so at least I got a little bit of exercise.

Groundhog Day Challenge:
    13/28 days at 100g or more of protein

Grading goals:
    1. 1/1 AP essay DONE
    2. rec letter DONE
    3. re-read Great Gatsby DID SOME

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) DONE
    Tues--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Wed--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good post for me to follow.. I joined MFP about 3 weeks ago and I have 100 lbs.- no wait! I have 96 lbs. to lose :) I have been playing with my diet, if 1200 is right or did I need more (1200 works) and every single day I have exercised (yep) I have some physical and health issues to work around but yesterday I decided to take things a step up, and now I'm doing a max burn (for me 3 miles in 45 min.) and today I actually did it again, my hope is to do it every day for this week (my wks. are W-W) and with any luck turn it into a habit, a good one for a change :laugh:

Well it's nice to see I'm not alone on this long journey, I have days where I feel like I am alone dealing with this, maybe many have lost faith in me, or are like oh another diet... I have faith in me this time, I took notes deep within me and I think I have a better handle on me finally.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: Well, I’m not sure if I have much to share, but I do know I’ve been snacking more than I should and not tracking it. Those little BLT’s here and there do add up. No wonder the scales not budging. Sigh. Time to log it all or how about stop the useless snacking? It’s definitely something mentally I still need to tackle. Baby steps once again. I may miss someone, but not intentionally that’s for sure. I'm starting early, but get ready for a GREAT weekend ahead – eat less and move more!!!

@ Karen – Busy week for you. How’s the ACT prep classes going? I’ve been watching your protein goal and you’ve been doing great! Keep it up!! Good job logging the pizza even after your diary is closed. I’m afraid I’ve done that more than I can count.

@ Helena – Sorry to hear about your BF’s car. It always feels like such a violation. I had my car broken into years ago and they broke out this side window in the back seat. It cost a fortune to replace because of the triangular shape and to steal nothing? Thanks thieves. I’m working on my money management too. I’ve learned a lot over the years that’s for sure, but nowhere I feel I should be at my age. Baby steps in this area too.

@ Nettie – I’m late, but HAPPY BELATED!!!! Your Panko Crusted Eggplant sounded devine the other day. I’ve recently started to cook a little more with eggplant. I never use to like it, but when done a certain way I am enjoying it now. Hope you’re feeling better.

@ Laurie – Luckily, I was back to work Tuesday. I was still exhausted, but feeling a little better. I was back to the gym Wednesday (light cardio) and this morning I pushed it harder. I feel back to normal – thank goodness!! I can totally relate to the gym mindset too and you’ve been doing this a LOT longer than me. I just didn’t want to go, but finally made myself and I do feel better. Hope you’re on the mend soon!!

@ Tammy – You may not have gotten in your walk the other day, but you still almost hit the halfway point with 4,774 steps just running around all day. Not too shabby and all those steps count!

@ Nikki, Rain & Cheri – Welcome! Check back here often if you can. This group is AMAZING for support.

@ Kaye – You had me rolling with your analogy of gas and boys at a belching contest. You crazy lady!!! Hope you found some relief. Loved seeing the post on no oxygen – huge NSV!!!

@ RobinB – So proud of you and getting in your walks. You’re going to be Speedy Gonzalez before you know it!! Where does your son go to school? Spring Break is early. My son’s is late and not until April 9th. I’m ready to go now!!!

@ Ushkii – Baby steps. You got this!!!

@ Laurie & Tom – I’ve actually had a few friends recommend the place Tom went too and the said it’s about as close to eating crab on the shore as you’re going to get in Vegas. I haven’t been yet, but I’ve been waiting to try it out.

@ KarenL – How are you feeling? Been thinking about you and wondering how the tickers doing.

@ L2T – Charlotte is right there with Atlanta. They just don’t have the equipment to handle any kind of snow and ice. I know my friends there have been pretty much stuck the past few days until it warms up. The only way they’ll get rid of the ice is natural heat.

@ Naomi – You and me both. I’m 45 and battled this for too long. I really, really wish I would have gained control in my younger days. Oh well. Can’t go back now. Let’s make the next half AWESOME!!

@ Jen – Welcome! There’s quite a few on here that also battle various forms of depression. I know they’ve given some great advice to each other. Stay connected with us. They’re an amazing support system!

@ Robin – I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. I know that was a tough one especially when you were somewhat is relatively healthy. Also, hated to read about your hospital visit, but glad to know the BP is under control. I’m hoping to take Cyrus this weekend to the Lego movie. Lord knows there’s been enough trailers about the darn thing. LOL!! And I want you to take charge. Remember this group. Remember what you started so many years ago and think of all the people you have made an impact on. It’s truly been a blessing to me. You’ve been through some crap lately for months, but don’t let that dictate who you are. I know you’re stronger than that!!!!

@ Hansea – OMG!!! You have me laughing. Darn Nutella!!
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    jt- I am not sure what a good walk time is for 3 miles. I can only estimate based on my run experiences. I ran my first 5K (3.1 miles) in about 45 minutes, so I would think that 55 minutes for walking 3 miles would be great. I agree with Karen advice on the walking time as well.

Robin- The voice I do have is very deep and very quiet- almost like Rocky and Bullwinkle. Today was a day to sleep off and on especially since we had snow, sleet, rain, rain and now snow again. I have faith that you will take your life back. Have fun with the hair color.

Karen- I also love Special Olympics and I am looking forward to the regional meet in April so I can help out again. We are expecting more snow tomorrow night, this winter has been very crazy with all this snow. At least the temperatures were above freezing today hence rain mixed in with the snow allowed some of it to melt. Tomorrow's snow is only expected to bring 1-3 inches. Tonight could be an additional 1-3 inches. Hope you have a 3 day weekend.

Truth- Being sick has zapped all my energy and exercise has been non-existent for me this week. It is so easy to skip exercising and just lounge around the house. At least I kept working so that was some movement but I should have stayed home a couple of days this week. The benefit, I have the next few days to recover completely. My goal is workout 1 time before I meet with my trainer on Monday.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good evening. I hope that I can remember all of the things that I want to comment on. I haven't figured out how to toggle back and forth on my tablet, so I am relying on my memory.
    I am doing better. Stopping the meloxicam seems to have ended the severe gas. That leaves me no anti-inflammatory for the synovitis, but I don't see much difference in the pain level. It really only has significant pain when doing stairs or when I stand up or sit down.
    I haven't had lot of experience with special Olympics, but 4 years ago Boise, ID hosted the international winter special Olympics. Our community, Weiser, ID, hosted the Japanese delegation. We had 2 young men in our home. It was really a neat experience. The young men spoke a little English, and DH had enough Japanese that we got by.
    I walk my 3 miles in 60 minutes. I'm short, 5' 1", so that's about as fast as I can go. I don't have a lot of length in my stride. :ohwell:
    I sure hope that those who have been ill are on the mend. Laurie, maybe the extended days off will give your voice enough rest. Robin, you take care of yourself. You are very important to all of us. Good luck with your hair color. I quit coloring mine when my youngest daughter quit complaining about the gray.
    Thursday truth: this will be a hard week. Today is GS's 6th birthday. We had pizza and cupcakes. Fortunately the weather was great and I got a good walk yesterday and today. Saturday is DH's birthday and baby's 1st birthday. We are all going to see the Lego Movie. Then Sunday we will celebrate DH's birthday with his traditional meal of lasagna and german chocolate cake. Tomorrow night we are eating out and going to see Monuments Men. I don't know how I will get in enough walking to take care of all of that.
    Take care. Onward and downward. Kaye