Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• hayley5680
    hayley5680 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Just a confession tonight. I did terrible on my eating. I didn't exercise ANY control! I ate cake, ice cream, cheese popcorn, and I don't even remember what else. I also drank a 24-oz. bottle of Mt. Dew. Wow! That's a lot of JUNK!!!! AGAIN: I learned that I need to log it AS I eat it or I waaaaay overdo it by the end of the day.

Okay, beating my head against the wall is getting tiring...and giving me a headache. Tomorrow's another (better) day, right?!

Also, I didn't do any of my online training for my class on Monday. That means I'll be training for 6 hours straight tomorrow.

On a "good" note, I did enjoy an afternoon nap with the sun shining through the window! haha! It was so needed!

Well, friends, send a prayer up for me....tomorrow HAS to be better. If I ate every day what I ate today, I'd weigh 295 in 5 weeks....and I'm at 291 right now! :frown:

Good nite, friends! have a wonderful rest of your weekend!
    loves :love:
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love this thread :) it's so great to see big losers (weight - not otherwise! Haha) posting together, sorry if I add you all :P but you're just too awesome to resist, piling on the cheese now, flattery gets someone everywhere right? lol
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Susan I agree it does seem like everyone on this thread does have some form of a cold or the flu. My sinuses started filling up last nite and now are draining like gangbusters and I can only breathe through my mouth. I have a birthday breakfast for my sister AND my brother in 3-1/12 hours. I hope I don't pass this on to them!

Newbies - welcome and keep coming back!

Sunday Share - I'm Ellen - a 62 y/o, divorced and childless lady in Omaha, NE. I started this thread the day I came on MFP and have never looked back. My greatest loss has been 59 lbs, but illness has caused me to regain some of that. However, we here on this thread NEVER give up EVER!!!! I have kept coming here despite the difficulties encountered during the illness and have been cheered on by all these wonderful people and am now back to my regular stride.
    My ticker now represents the 30 lbs I want to lose to get to ONEDERLAND.
    So I hope I can be an example to Newbies who feel its impossible to do this for any LONG period of time - yes it can be done!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I have to go load Girl Scout cookies into the car and van for Amy and the girls to go sell. They are going to be outside Von’s Grocery store, hope they sell as many as yesterday.

GHDC= 2.32 miles 15 days in a row of > 2 miles.

“Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” ~Janis Joplin

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends.

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, my morning was busy and then my parents appeared earlier than I thought they would. I started the day out with the gym and running drills on the treadmill - had a fantastic run, best run I've had in weeks. I got new runners and they really made a difference! Then I spent the afternoon with my parents with lunch out and then a run to Home Depot so my dad could fix a lamp for me & then he hung a frame for me as well. He's my handyman, and cheap - he'll work for baked goods (well, and an afternoon with me). :laugh:

@Kethra~Welcome! Great job with the Leslie Sansone videos - great workout. When I first started an exercise routine, that is what I did - I eventually worked out up to walks outside and then progressed into purchasing an elliptical machine for my house and eventually joining a gym. Its a process, you're off to a great start.

@Laurie~Wow, what an emotional day. I'm sorry for the recent deaths of friends and relatives and that your dad is back in the hospital - I hope he has a quick recovery.

@Susan~I'm sorry that you are struggling. All you can do is take it one day (or one meal) at a time. I have been in your shoes and have felt the same way - but I've decided we are responsible for our own happiness. I know I put on weight as a result of some experiences I've been through and used it as a shield for a number of years. I had to make the conscious decision not to let it hold me back any longer, only we can decide how we let it affect our life. I'm almost certain hormones are playing around with your emotions right now, I know you and know that you'll get back to your usual positive self in no time. I'm glad you made it to the gym and am glad you are feeling better.

@Alupinsk~Planks on a Bosu - pure evil! :wink:

@Tom~What a great gesture, I'm sure Amy appreciate you giving her a day of "her" choice! You are doing awesome with your daily mileage, keep it up!!!

@Nettie~I'm sorry your sick with a miserable cold, I hope you are feeling better soon.

@Robin~As Nettie suggested, that winery could consider the raspberry wine a dessert wine and most dessert wines come in a smaller bottle. Also, if that wine is rare and something they only make occasionally they may sell it in smaller bottles. There is a winery here that I frequent and several varieties are sold in a smaller bottle.

@Humbleheart~I'm sorry to hear about your aunts fall, I hope that she recovers quickly. How sweet of you to see to her care - I hope I can say the same for my nephews when I'm old and need it. :wink:

AFM~So my mom asked me yesterday if I had lost any more weight, said I looked smaller since she saw me last weekend. So maybe not getting on my scale at home has paid off - told her I had been avoiding the scale and only weighing in with my trainer - so we'll see this afternoon. My parents and I went to Red Lobster for lunch and I behaved - had the lunch portion of grilled salmon that came with broccoli, the naked baked potato, salad with red wine vinaigrette and only ONE biscuit - felt good about those choices.

I've got a rather adventurous menu planned this week, trying some new recipes, so I better get this day started and get to the store - just in case I need to go to more than one store. Lots of prep to do this afternoon, plus see my trainer. Have a great day and I will try to check back later.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The sun is shining on this Sunday, and looks like it'll be another day near the 20s here...have snow to shovel since it snowed last night. Think we'll wait on that until we're home from church.

@humbleheart- I have such respect for home health workers and hospice nurses. My sister was a home health aide for several months when she was in college, and she knew she wouldn't be able to keep that up forever. It's an emotional and physically demanding job! I'm glad you guys have all that wonderful help for your aunt. Aren't broken noses brutally ugly? All that bruising! I'm sure it will take some time for your aunt's bruises and everything to heal up.

@Kaye- I've heard that the LEGO movie is kind of fast paced and hard to follow from some online reviews, so don't feel like your imagination is too stale. :smile:

@Laurie- My prayers are with your family. What a difficult time for you all. I hope your dad improves in the hospital. :flowerforyou:

@Nettie- Sinus pressure and throat pain is so miserable! I hope you feel better soon. What good timing that storm had so you could get some rest!

@Susan- I have a feeling you're going to have a great week this week! With V-day behind you and fish in front of you...how could it go wrong? :bigsmile:

@Robin- I'm sitting in my diningroom reading your post about the wine, and I have a "normal" bottle of wine sitting next to me on the table (we just bought it at the fundraiser we were at last night)....we paid $20, and it's 750 ml, so I was thinking 'Wow! Those little bottles were half the size of normal!' But, I wasn't thinking of it being a dessert wine. That may make more sense. And since it's their 'rare' raspberry, I'm sure they charge more since there's less in stock. Drink sparingly and make it last, I guess! :drinker:

@Tom- Your wife is a lucky lady! I hope you guys have a great time celebrating President Amy Day! Also, I'm impressed that you were posting with dilated eyes. I work in a specialty clinic with an opthamology department, and those poor patients are so blind after, walking around with their little plastic black eye shades. So stylish. :wink:

@jtconst- Sounds like you're having a great week! Good job on the calorie counts! Last night, I dreamt that I slept in....until 4 pm! Then it turned into a bit of a nightmare! I was like, 'oh no, I wasted my day!' LOL....luckily it was just a dream, though I do appreciate it when my husband and kids let me sleep in a couple hours anyway.

@skinnyjeanz- The money comes in....and quickly goes out, doesn't it? Sounds like you're getting to spend your extra cash on some fun stuff though!

AFM- Sunday Share: I'm 34. I have two children, ages 6 and 5. I've been overweight since I was a kid, but not really out of control obese until adulthood and post-pregnancies. We miscarried our third baby two years ago, and I'm trying to get back to a healthy place along with my husband as we'd like to conceive another baby someday soon.

Make it a wonderful week, everyone! :drinker:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends. I am off and running today. Jumped out of bed around 7:30 got dressed and got outside to walk the dogs. Only did four laps since I swear every dog in the neighborhood was wandering the streets today and I finally just lost patience and went home. My son and hubby are over helping my dad with a project this morning and my daughter is sleeping in since she is going to be out pretty late tonight going to a concert with some of her friends. This gives me some nice quiet Tammy time:happy: I am getting the house picked up and then after a quick shower I am off to get a haircut and buy some color and come home and get that done. Not sure yet how I am going to get it cut I just know I am really ready for something new. The problem is my hubby really likes my hair longer so it limits the options. Oh well we will see.

Humbleheart I am happy to hear your aunt is home and you have a good system inplace to help care for her. It makes me happy to hear about people like you who put taking care of family members a priority. It is becomeing to rare in todays world.
    Laurie you are a superwomen taking care of your dad while dealing with losses and being sick. I hope everyhting slows down and gets back to normal for you soon.
    Nettie sorry to hear you arent feeling well. Just get some rest and kick those nasty germs to the curb.
    Tom I love your "gift" to Amy. I can promise you those are the kinds of things we women love best.
    Kah I hope you had a great visit with your parents. Your lunch sounds very yummy and well controlled.
    Kaye it sounds like you had a great weekend with the family. My nephew just saw that movie with his daddy and he loved it but then legos are his favorite thing in the world.

Well to everyone I missed remember you are alwasy in my thoughts. Have a great day everyone.

Todays workout per HRM:
    55 min
    995 cals/claimed 600
    2.44 miles
    6482 steps
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

Sunday Share:
    Well, I did really well with protein and calories all week--even with the crazy ACT prep class schedule. Valentine's Day was a bust for both protein and calories, but otherwise pretty good. On the flip side, I got very little exercise--thank goodness the weather has improved so I could at least get outside to walk gunner a couple of times. We got a light dusting of snow last night, but temps are supposed to reach 40 today, so I'm not even going to shovel--let Mother Nature take care of that. :laugh:

I slept in a bit and ate a protein filled breakfast. Now I'm lounging on the couch watching Canada play Finland (Olympic hockey)--go Canada!!! Soon I will get into my workout gear and walk gunner before heading to the gym. Afterwards I need to grade--barely made a dent in those outlines yesterday. :ohwell:

I will do some personals later--right now I really need to get my rear off the couch. :wink:

Groundhog Day Challenge:
    14/28 days at 100g or more of protein

Grading goals:
    1. 4/50 JRP outlines
    2. re-read Great Gatsby DID MORE

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) DONE
    Tues--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Wed--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    took a wrong turn on my walk so ended up going further than i planned. quite tired now.....hope i have enough energy for a shower!!
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello! Been gone a few days due to parents being here. Very stressful and lovely at the same time, and I only had one big meal a day, leaving me (hopefully) under my calories, though it's hard to tell with restaurant food. Weighing in on Tues, so I'm very worried what it will say, but I did MUCH better than I would have in the past.

I hope everyone is well! Loving this group and all of the wonderful support.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... newbie here. I've been looking for a place to spill my guts about my weight loss journey and this looks like a really nice place to do it! I started MFP with Fitbit a few weeks ago and am finally serious and dedicated to lose the weight I need to this time. I'm doing my goal in 2 parts... 30 lbs and then will judge if I need another 40 or 50lbs. I just cannot imagine myself anywhere under about 200lbs because I haven't been there in so long. I guess that's just another hurdle I need to get over in order to move on.

Looking forward to participating in this thread and hopefully getting some motivation and making some new friends too.
  • kah68
    Options
    Well, color me surprised! Weighed with my trainer this afternoon and I lost over 12#!!! :huh: :noway: I decided to do everything he told me to a T - so upped my water, added another serving of fruit, changed up a snack, etc. I also stayed off the scale - maybe without that hovering over my head and me watching my macros carefully it actually paid off. :wink: In all fairness, I haven't lost anything in a month so I was overdue. Needless to say, I was ecstatic!

The BBQ bug bit me, been in the mood - so I healthified cole slaw, baked beans, and BBQ chicken - turned out fab! Still need to get lettuces washed and salad/b'fast made for tomorrow. Oh, I also ran across Jimmy Dean Delights chicken sausage patties - bought them to try.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kelley--that's fabulous!! Can't believe you only have just over 20 lbs to go! :drinker: I forget--did you end up changing your calorie allowance after your last metabolic study? Or just your macros? I'm also very jealous of your new runners. I am sorely in need and was going to go shopping for some this weekend, but then a friend and I planned atrip to some outlets for next Saturday. I have not been to this particular mall (they just opened last year) so I looked online to see what stores are there. They have an Asics and a Saucony outlet--my 2 favortie brands of runners!! Needless to say, I put off the shoe shopping for one more week.

@tanya--welcome!! :flowerforyou:

@rain--Great job keeping it in check while your parents were visiting! :drinker: Whenever I'm unsure if I've stayed under my calorie goal at a restaurant or party, I just think "Even if I didn't, I stil did much better than I would have pre-MFP."

@karenleona--glad you found your way home. :wink:

@tammy--your description of your day made me feel really lazy. :laugh:

@hansea--ugh--aren't you so sick of the snow?? We have a weather advisory for 6 more inches tomorrow--will it never end? :grumble:

@hayley--sorry you had a bad food day, but like you said there's always a new day tomorrow. If you get right back at it, no damage. :flowerforyou:

@susan--great job on the protein!! I may have to snoop your diary for ideas.

@humble--glad you aunt is home from the hospital. I have a smart (sometimes), spoiled (always) 100 lb dog--they are so fun!

@kaye--so sorry to hear about your neighbor, but as you say, at least she didn't linger in pain.

@laurie & nettie--hope you are both feeling 100% soon. :flowerforyou:

AFM--walked gunner then hit the gym. Now I'm at starbucks making very slow progress on these outlines. :grumble: Heading home for dinner soon and then WALKING DEAD!!!

Groundhog Day Challenge:
    14/28 days at 100g or more of protein

Grading goals:
    1. 6/50 JRP outlines

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) DONE
    Tues--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Wed--rest day (teaching evening class)
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) NOT DONE
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym (circuit training + HIIT) DONE
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kaye sorry to hear about your neighbor. Like you said she went quickly so that is a blessing.

Robin- Hope the sinuses draining don't get you to sick, take care of it early.

Kelley- 12 lbs lose- YIPEEEEE!!! Congrats on the fabulous loss.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

tanya- Welcome. Many of us have broken down the total amount we want to lose into smaller chunks and it does work. The smaller numbers make it more manageable. Hope you come back and check in with us often, it helps to share your successes and challenges with those who understand.

rain and wood- Drink plenty of water to help flush out any extra salt in your body from the restaurant food. It will help to the shed water retention that the salt holds.

My dad looked better today and was more alert. The hospital gave him a sitter last night since he was so agitated trying to get out of bed and his legs were really hurting when we left. The best part about the sitter is that he had someone to talk to and was the center of attention. When Mom and I arrived this morning, he was looking better and was happier/calmer. We are not sure when he will be coming home or if he will need to go to the rehab center again so he can regain his strength.

I made it back to the gym today and it felt good to just walk the track and get some exercise. I did manage to run a little without getting out of breath so that is a plus. My voice is better but still not 100% so I am hopeful that it comes back tomorrow.

Exercise last week
    Non-existent due to illness

Exercise plan for this week
    Sunday- walking DONE
    Monday- Trainer- ease back into working out
    Tuesday- Rest (I think)
    Wednesday-Trainer
    Thursday- Rest or gym
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday-Not sure yet (water aerobics I hope unless I go away.
  • kah68
    Options
    @Karen~Thanks! I'm setting goals at 3-month increments right now, but yep just 20 to make that May goal. :wink: I haven't repeated the metabolic study yet - scheduling conflicts - so right now my caloric allowance remains the same. After today's results, my trainer wants me to hold off a bit - I'm sure I won't repeat that kind of loss though. I hope those journals you're grading are getting better and not worse! Awesome on hitting the outlets next weekend.

@Laurie~Thanks! I'm glad to hear your dad appeared better today and that you made it to the gym, I'm sure it will feel good to get back into your routine (take it easy though).

Exercise goals for the week:

Sunday~Weights with trainer DONE!
    Monday~Elliptical
    Tuesday~Racquetball with trainer
    Wednesday~Weights with trainer (rest day if my conference call runs long)
    Thursday~Arc trainer or treadmill
    Friday~Definitely a rest day
    Saturday~Running Drills, treadmill
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: It's been a very productive day. First of all, don't hate, but we had 83 degrees today. It was AMAZING!! We're about 20 degrees higher than normal for this time, but I'll take it!! I enjoyed a nice 4 1/2 mile walk and got away from the elliptical/treadmill just to take in some fresh, warm air. When I got home, for some reason, my sister was in a mood to clean. Needless to say, we cleaned from top to bottom plus pulled out the steamer and did carpets too. I grabbed a quick shower then hit the grocery store. Once I got home, I started my cooking for the week. Turkey Bacon for Cyrus, regular for me, Beef Veggie Scramble, Shrimp Stir Fry, veggies chopped and basically I'm ready for the week ahead. Hit my goal today with 133 grams of protein again - Woo Hoo!!

@ Laurie - I'm so glad to hear your dad is doing OK. It sounds like he had a good night and I know that's a huge relief for you and your mom. Good job getting back to the gym. I know you're going to be back to normal before you know it.

@ Kelly - I've got my list going for March. My parents will be here for a week and we're counting down the days. My dad can't sit still so we've already started a little project list for him. Even though we're independent I know it's still good for our parents to feel needed. Again, congrats on the 12 lbs - so happy for you!!! I keep thinking I need to change things up with my macros, but just not sure. Like you did, I'm going to really, really try hard to follow things perfectly. No one is going to do it for me and it's up to me to make those decisions. Thanks for always being so encouraging!!

@ Tanya - Welcome!! I wear a Fit Bit too and it's becoming a little addicting. I was so bummed this morning because it said my batter was low. Well, the charger is at work. I knew I was going on a long walk today and I wanted those steps!! Luckily, it's hanging in there and I've logged over 14,000 today and almost 7 miles. Woo Hoo!!

Sunday Share, part 2: Since there's quite a few newbies, I'm Susan (yes, not real creative in my username) if you haven't guessed it. I'm a single mom to an awesome 11 1/2 year old son, Cyrus. We live in Henderson, NV, which is a suburb of Las Vegas. I moved here almost 2 years ago after 18 years in Atlanta. I'm the Director of Supply Chain & Quality Assurance for an awesome company called Capriotti's Sandwich Shop. We have 100 restaurants in 14 states. I love my job, but I'm surrounded by food. It's a challenge, but not something I can't control. I've battled my weight for a very long time. I joined MFP in August 2012 and found this group immediately. I didn't like the negativity or some of the postings on other boards. This is the only group for me. They've pushed me through many ups and downs. In the past, I would have given up by now, but this group makes me want to keep pushing forward.
  • humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share....... I have been here for about a week now and absolutely love this board. I feel like everyone here are friends!
    My name is Camille. I live on a farm in Kentucky . This was my parents'farm and being an only child it is now mine. I don't know
    who I thought would end up with the farm but it was not in my plans to be a farmer's wife....... nevertheless, this is the life we have !
    I love this land and never want to move away so I guess we'd better take care of it!

..... Susan, I must say I do wish for those 80 degree temps! Today here was low 40s and a little wind but it wasn't too bad after the
    colder winter we have had!

...... Laurie, I am happy your dad was doing better today. I know well how stressful taking care of the parents can be. Treasure
    the moments with your parents!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I made it through all the food in a respectable manner. Today we celebrated DH's birthday with his favorites, lasagna and made-from-scratch German chocolate cake. I made the cake. Two of the daughters made the lasagna and one made the salad. That meant I could send all of the leftover lasagna home with them. I made a pan of Texas sheet cake to supplement the cake and divided the leftovers and sent them home, too.
    So many of us are worried about difficult weekends and holidays. I heard a piece on the news recently that gave me hope. In an extensive study they found that the people who took off the most weight and kept it off were those who gave themselves a little leeway on weekends. They didn't binge, but allowed themselves some room to eat out and celebrate special occasions.
    Wow! Kelley, that is an amazing loss.
    I was able to enjoy a nice walk to and from church today. The weather was beautiful. It looks like it will be great tomorrow and then we'll get more rain. I'll have to plan to walk tomorrow for sure. There's no school so I won't have the kids.
    Have a great week. Newbie, keep coming back. As others have said, this thread can be wonderful motivator if you will participate.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Love reading all your loving notes to each other. I read through them every night before bed. I'm note a great note writer but I really do enjoy coming to this thread. I've had some trouble lately. I want my dark chocolate. Yesterday, I planned for it so I could still be under my calories. My carbs were over. I really enjoyed it. It had been over a month since I had any. I just hope I don't make a habit of it. Thanks for reading.

Kah - Way to go with the 12# loss. How many days?
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hi guys-
    I just realized it was Presidents' Day 3 years ago that I started this process. I didn't join MFP until about a month later, but I used the 3-day weekend to do a short fast before beginning the lifestyle of calorie counting. Can't believe it's been 3 years.

I really didn't get enough grading done, so we know how I'll spend my day off tomorrow. I think I will try to do a split schedule of grading then gym then more grading.

Groundhog Day Challenge:
    16/28 days at 100g or more of protein

Grading goals:
    1. 6/50 JRP outlines

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (circuit training + HIIT)
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner+ gym (circuit training + HIIT)