Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just two days since I've been on here, and so much has happened! I will pop back later when on pc to read all your news.

My big confession, had my first control blow out yesterday. Ate a ton of biscuits. Stupid part was that I wasn't even hungry. Sitting on the couch on my own and got 2 biscuits, nothing wrong with that, but then I went back and got 2 more. Ok not great but still not dreadful, was when I went back a third time and got the rest (another 4) that I really lost it. I know you all understand, but what's with eating when I'm not even hungry? I don't think I even enjoyed the last 2! Just couldn't stop myself. How dumb is that?

I have decided to make sure I come in under goal for the whole week. Bit to make up for, I ate a whole day's allowance in biscuits yesterday!

:explode:
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Naomi, Kah, Tom, Skinnyeanz, L2T, Nettie, RobinB, jt, Hansea, Laurie, and Robin thank you for the birthday wishes!
    Tom and Nettie Happy Birthday! A bunch of aquarians. lol!
    Welcome Krissy, Kethra, and Tanya!
    L2T, Have a great time in Boston! Sounds like you're ready for anything.
    RobinB, my daughter is 3 and as precocious as she sounds. lol! I'm so sorry for you loss. I'm sure your friend knew you loved her. The whole thing just blindsided you because you thought she was ok. Day to day life is absorbing and passes way to fast. So sorry.
    Robin, sounds like you have a plan. :) Great job on the hairdying. Last time I did ... I dyed it AND I also dyed my ears. oops! lol!
    Humbleheart, I hope your aunt is doing better. It is very kind of you to look out for your aunt like that.
    Laurie, that is one humdinger of a day. I'm sorry that your Dad ended up back in the hospital again.
    Susan, it sounds like you've done a lot of thinking about why you gained the weight. Some of what you said could of come right out of my mouth. My weight does protect me and I need to let that go. I started this month at the bariatric clinic and they told me that if I could get a hold of the emotional aspect of my eating... the weight would probably come of easily. (because confronting emotions and fears is so easy to resolve) Poor me, I now have a date with a psychologist. :tongue:
    Alupinsk, I'm glad you shoulder is doing better.
    Hansea... that other scale is just nasty!
    Jt, great job getting your workouts done!
    Robin was it as ice wine? The processing of the grapes make it only feasible to sell small bottles, otherwise it would be priced out of reach of a lot of their market.
    Tom what a great idea for Valentines day! How did it go?
    Hayley, that's a rough day but good job for logging it and TOMORROW is a blank slate. Don't beat yourself up.
    Nettie, I'm sorry you caught such a nasty bug... hope you're feeling better.
    KAh, it sounds like you're having a great visit with your folks. Hey and GREAT job on the 12 lbs!!!
    Skinnyjeanz, 3 years is amazing!!! Great commitment to a healthier lifestyle!

AFM:
    I had a great time on Valentines. The Salsa class was so fun. My husband dropped me doing a dip though. lol! "I was trying to do a DIP!" :laugh: The instructor was checking to see if I was ok and I was on my knees lmao! We actually tripped over each others feet... but I'm not going to let him live it down for awhile. :tongue: What drives me crazy, is that this class is for fun and only one other couple looked like they were enjoying themselves. I was totally over in my food though, but it was a planned cheat. Yesterday we took the kids to the Lego movie. It was very funny. All 3 kids enjoyed it. My Oldest is Lego mad!!!! "Everything is Awesome" has been rotating through my head for 2 days! Today I worked an 11 hr shift. Tomorrow is Family Day here, which is a stat, so everyone is on a long weekend. My husband is taking the kids icefishing tomorrow for the first time, with some friends. I don't think I'll go. He's going to pout but I really don't like it and I think I'll be a Debbie Downer. I think I'm going to have some me time... I'm rarely away from the kids. Pretty much everyday is Family Day for me. :love:
    I saw the bariatric doctor, he questioned me about my whole life. And as I said to Susan, said I needed to see a psychologist to help me with my emotional eating. MY app't isn't till april though... A reprieve. :ohwell: I didn't like that he told me that I was doing too much exercise and should concentrate on controlling my eating first. :explode: He pretty much told my that in the spring I shouldn't start the C25K, because I'll probably hurt myself. And that I'm overcompensating for a bad diet. I agree that diet control is important... but what is wrong with building strength and stamina which improves quality of life. I've been working on improving my diet for the last 6 months which is why I've lost what I have. I was upset for 2 days and then did an hour and a half of Zumba. He's met me for 1 hour.. he does not get judge all my motivations and my life. I need to remember that they are a tool, use what will work for me and discard the rest.

I needed to spit that out... its been bugging me.
    Have a great night everyone.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Pixy - I can understand your frustration with your doctor - who is he to tell you not to exercise yet :noway: You don't have bad knees or hips or ankles that would be harmed possibly? If that's not the case, I would go ahead with your exercise plans and disregard his cavalier attitude toward getting eating under control first then starting exercise. If all of us were to wait until we had our eating under control then we'd NEVER start exercising. Most of us continue to have our occasional eating mistakes!!

Kah - I am so very happy for you - what a great surprise after taking a month off of weighing. It just goes to show that being scrupulous about recording your intake will pay off for you!

Sorry no more personals - its really 3:45 am for me and I just jolted myself out of a sleep in my recliner - I chomped on my tongue in my sleep and that got my attention enough to bring tears to my eyes :cry: I am looking forward to seeing my ENT doctor at 11 am and getting more care for my sinuses. I have a nasty wound in my tongue where I bit it a 10 days ago and its still healing. Need a solution to this. Might be a dental appliance thing - I don't know. Why it has to be so complicated - sheesh. I'm still talking like I'm drunk as well, LOL.

Everyone have a good Presidents Day.

Oh congrats Skinny on your 3 yr. Anniversary here! We all love you - you're such a tremendous part of this thread!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Since I have the day off it really is a happy Monday.

@karenleona - I've never had Nutella (or it's evil cousin Cookie Butter) and based on the comments in the thread think it's best I avoid it. Something that yummy and addicting probably is best remaining on the store shelf.

@laurie - sorry to hear your Dad is ill again. Prayers for his swift recovery. Also prayers for the people you've lost and their families. My grandfather always said trouble comes in threes, so I hope you won't be getting any more phone calls with bad news.

@robinb - so sorry for your loss. I'm sure your friend knew how much you loved her and understood that despite best efforts sometimes life gets in the way for us all.

@robin - 31 lbs is absolutely doable especially for a super star like you. You are the glue that holds us together and for that you have my everlasting thanks. Truly this thread is a blessing for all of us and you're our own resident angel!

@susan - you're getting stronger every day! Don't let fear of being hurt again dictate your life. Keep yourself open to what may come. You never know when someone wonderful will cross your path that will bring positive to your life and your sons. I can't help but think you're a catch! Sorry you have to forgo a trainer for now, but it makes perfect sense to do so with the extra expenses of the cruise and summer camps. Boy, I do not miss those bills, but I surely do miss going to sleep at night with my babies under the same roof.

@hansea - 4 lbs! Very well done.

@skinnyjeanz - Yay for extra money. It's expensive to attend weddings especially the destination ones. Both my daughters are in their 20s and I feel like I'm giving a party, sending a gift or attending a wedding for one of their friends all the time. No weddings for them in the immediate future, but those are the ones that scare me (financially) most of all. I even said to DH that we should think about booking a trip soon because I'm afraid if one of them gets engaged we'll never do so with those expenses looming. I think we should either move forward to a model where the groom's family shares 50/50 in the costs or go back to the days where I just need to give them some cattle. Either one would be better than bride's family gets hits with a big, fat bill.

@nettie - Hope you're feeling better.

@kaye - so sorry for your loss. I've not yet lost a close friend and after all the terrible losses suffered recently by those on this board, I sent emails to my closest friends telling them what blessings they are in my life and how much I love them. I can't imagine losing any of them. Didn't you love Monuments Men? Good movie about a little know WWII story. I'm reading the book the moving was based on and was surprised to learn that the National Gallery in DC secretly sent works to Biltmore House in Asheville NC for safe keeping. I've been to Biltmore a few times and they never mention that on the tour.

@kah - WOW! 12+ lbs in a month is awesome! Obviously your persistence and hard work paid off. Only 23 to go to your goal? I can't even imagine how good that feels.

AFM - the snow and ice are melting and soon will be a memory. It was so pretty as it fell, but is now ugly and dirty. I hope that was winter's last hurrah and that temps will start to warm. I've broken through my 2 bad weeks of no loss and weighed in at 202.6 this morning. Can't believe I'm so close to a weight that starts with a 1. My next goal is 195 which will make an even 100 lbs lost. To think that I may get there by the middle of March (which marks 9 months since I started my journey) amazes me. I never could have guessed and am so thankful.

I'm off to an exercise class in a bit. I'm committing to going to 4 a week. Now that I'm lighter and more comfortable in my body, I'm looking forward to trying new exercise options. You can only do so much walking before it gets boring. Especially when most of it is done inside on a treadmill.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. To clarify, that 12# was in a week – I have never lost that much in a week before and probably will never repeat it. I have a feeling it is attributed to inflammation and water weight as my body fat % didn’t change – we’re still puzzled by that. :huh: I’ve really struggled for the last month, so my trainer and I talked – he asked me to change up a couple of things and to quit weighing daily. So I agreed to put away my scale and weigh only with him on Sunday’s – it’s hard not to get on the scale every day but I think it may be working for now, less of a mind game I think. Fingers crossed it isn’t another month before I lose anything.

@Tigredia~It was a week between weigh-ins. I have a piece of dark chocolate almost every night – I buy Ghirardelli 86% cacao and have just one square (as opposed to the 4 squares in a serving).

@p1xyn1xy~I don’t understand why doctors sometimes talk to patient’s the way they do, some just have zero bedside manner. Irks me to the nth degree! :mad: Not exercise? That doesn’t even make sense to me – food control? Yes, definitely. But its more than just controlling your diet, exercise provides a means to keeping your heart and mind healthy. I say move forward with your exercise plans.

@Karen~Happy MFP Anniversary!!! :drinker: Excellent plan for today, enjoy it even though you have to do some grading.

@Naomi~Don’t beat yourself up too much, it happens to the best of us. Today is a new day. :happy:

@Susan~My sister and I always make sure we have a “honey-do” list for my dad, she’s married and my BIL is somewhat handy but she always saves a project for my dad. :wink: Enjoy the time with your parents during their visit.

@L2T~Only 23 pounds to reach my May goal, which my trainer and I set last weekend. We’re setting my goals in 3-month increments for a while. Great commitment to the extra exercise classes!

AFM~ Oy, this day is off to a rip-roaring start. Our HR director runs her department like she’s still in the Navy – newsflash, this is NOT the Navy! :explode: I forgot to turn in a form last week and you would have thought I shot someone. I really hate it when my week starts out this way, just sets the mood for the whole week and reminds me I’ve been here too long (18 years). Sorry, had to vent for a second. I didn’t sleep well last night, I think I was too warm – I still have flannel sheets and extra blankets on my bed since its usually still pretty cold in February. I guess I need to change that out tonight. Like Susan, it’s been unseasonably warm lately - we were in the 70s yesterday and it’s supposed to be that way thru Friday. I should take advantage of it and get outside some this week.

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Weights with trainer DONE!
    Monday~Elliptical (May walk outside instead)
    Tuesday~Racquetball with trainer
    Wednesday~Weights with trainer (rest day if my conference call runs long)
    Thursday~Arc trainer
    Friday~Definitely a rest day
    Saturday~Running Drills, treadmill or outside

Have a great day!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Well it is President Amy’s Day and I’m up and ready. Amy is sleeping in. After spending the last two days selling Girl Scout cookies Amy told me she just wants to stay home relax and do nothing for most of the day. She does want to go to her favorite Mexican place for dinner so that is all that is planed so far. She is not a breakfast eater (I think it is not good to not eat breakfast) so I’ll not really worry about that. I’ll see where she wants her lunch/brunch from once she gets up and moving. I will go get her food or I’ll make what she wants when she wants it. I am thinking that meatball sliders from Metro pizza may be involved for lunch. I have a few suggestions if she does not come up with anything. She may say she wants to be surprised which will have me making the choice. I have a few ideas if she goes that way. Whole Foods has some pretty good stuff all cooked ready to go and I was impressed with the buffalo ribs I had from there. It is kind of expensive but I really like some of their stuff. I was thinking we would get a lot of walking in being out all day but she is tried and her choice is to rest and relax. I’m going to try and get some walking in so she gets her rest. While loading and unloading the cookies into the car and van a bunch of squatting was done and my legs are sore from it so I need to start doing squats again. While I’m at it I will try to do some light weights for my arms which still sort of hurt. I am a planner and Amy wants to play it by ear, so being President Amy’s Day I am going to work hard at not having a plan. We hope you all have a nice President’s day.

p1xyn1xy- We will see how Amy’s day goes starting when she gets up.

hansea47- I live only a few miles from the Eye Doctor so with my sunglasses it was ok to drive home. My eyes went back to normal pretty quickly. I have type 2 diabetes so I get my eyes checked often. I work with electronics and the parts get smaller every year and my eyes do not get better every year I wish they did.:smile:

Kelley- That is awesome that you lost 12 lbs. and are within 23lbs. of your goal!:drinker:

Ellen- 30 lbs. to Onederland that is awesome! I still have 60 something and I have been fighting just to stay where I am. I need to start losing again so my snacking and mindless eating for no reason but boredom has got to go. I also need to exercise because I have been lazy and need to build some muscle. I want the extra calories burnt by muscle. The new AARP magazine came the other day and there are five tests to do to see what you need to improve as you age. I need to try them and see what that tells me. I saw one involved standing up from sitting on the floor. I think I may not be very good at that. Well I’m pretty chatty today. We hope that you feel better and the ENT has some good news for you. I use a mouth guard for sleeping because of teeth grinding issues. I am so used to it now it feels strange to sleep without it.:flowerforyou:

Karen-Three years, imagine how much exercise you did in that time it is amazing. I just looked at my fitbit badges and I got one for 1000 miles in December and one for 2000 floors in in April. Too bad changing buildings has me on the first floor again. Since you exercise a lot you probably have some awesome numbers. It seems to me just your 5ks would be a lot and those in the mud with obstacles and zombies chasing you still impress me.

GHDC= 2.34miles 16 days in a row of > 2miles

“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now” ~Alan Lakein

Tom
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for the kind thoughts on the loss of my friend. The funeral was yesterday and after having a few minutes to talk with her fiancé, I feel much better. Apparently, it was in January after the holidays that the dreaded question was asked of the Dr., “Can you guarantee that the chemo will work?” When she received the answer of, “no” she decided at that moment she would forego the chemo and opt for a better quality of life for the time she had left. From that time, he said it was just three weeks until the end. She wanted to keep the decision quiet and therefore, no one other than her family knew how bad things were. He also told me that even if I had stopped by or called, she wasn’t really strong enough to hold a conversation and she wasn’t taking visitors.

@Laurie – I am so sorry to hear of all that you lost the other day. My situation pales in comparison! Thoughts and prayers are with you. I am glad to hear your dad is doing better every day.

@hansea – I would NEVER attempt to sabotage anyone! But I hope you enjoy the brownies if/when you decide to make them! Congrats on your big loss!

@kethra – I just started walking with Leslie too, but you seem to be much further along than me. I am just able to complete the East Start 1 mile walk. I am getting there though, my goal is to be able to start the 2 mile walk on March 1!

@Susan – Valentine’s Day like so many other holidays are sometimes more relevant because of the consumerism that our society places on it. Don’t allow yourself to fall into their trap of what or how it should be. Good for you to realize that bad days can happen and tomorrow is the dawn of a new day! It seems like you turned it around and had a good weekend!

@Alupinsk – Planks on a Bosu ball? Yeah, that sounds intense.

@Tammy – your Saturday walk sounds lovely! It’s great that you were able to enjoy it before the weather turn yucky and mucky!

@Tom – Hmm, seems like after President Amy’s Day today, you might be in for President Tom’s NIGHT! :wink:

@skinny – What a great teacher you are! I hope your students appreciate the feedback and opportunity to improve their work.

@Nettie – I’m sorry you’ve fallen ill like so many others. I hope you are soon feeling better.

@Kah – My mother also asked me the same question over the weekend about losing weight. She said she noticed it in my face. I don’t know if she was just trying to be nice because my measly 8.4 pound loss doesn’t seem like it would be noticeable yet. I guess your mom was 100% correct seeing the results after your weigh in on Sunday, congrats!

@Kaye – I am sorry for you loss, as well. Last week was a bad week in that respect. On a good note, what an accomplishment, to make it through your celebratory weekend and coming out the other side feeling good about how you handled it! Good for you!

@P1xy – Salsa classes sound like an amazing time! What a great way to spend some QT AND bonus, get some GREAT exercise! I’m like a few of the others, screw what the Doc says about the exercise! That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard!

Until next time; peace, love and weight loss!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. I definitley woke up on the wrong side of the grumpy bed this morning. I am just feeling all sorts of cranky and unpleasant and for no good reason. Oh well after this I will put on some upbeat music and get my house clean and hopefully work my way out of it. I did get in a short walk with the dogs already this morning but though the rain has stopped it is soaking wet out there so between that and my grumpies we only went for three laps.

Kah congrats on an awesome loss. You worked hard for it.
    Karen happy MFP anniversary. You are amazing.

Well going to get the music going and might check back in later if I get feeling a little more social.

Todays workout per HRM:
    47 min
    837 cals/claimed 500
    1.95 miles
    5320 steps
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I'm doing well with my GHD Challenge...haven't missed a day of checking in on the thread yet.

Weekend went well. The kids first soccer practices were fun...well, my daughter's coach is a bit of a drill sargent, but she's 6 years old and absolutely loves rules, so she loved it. "Mom! If I even touch the ball with ONE finger, I have to do push-ups!!" And, she's happy about it! Love that kid. :heart: My son is a young 5 year old, and an hour of practice with 11 kids on his team started to get a little boring for him, but he had a great time during the first 35 minutes and made it to the end. Next week will be better for him because they'll be playing a game against another 4K/5K team, so that should be exciting!

My husband and I had a wonderul evening at the Winter Escape Fundraiser for the kids' school. We won a couple silent auction items, had some very strong margaritas, delicious food catered from a local Mexican restaurant, and had fun selling raffle tickets and hanging out with other families and our friend that we brought along. It was pretty warm in the school gym, so it truly was an escape from winter as we were surprised to find snow falling and cold wind blowing when we left! "Weren't we just in Mexico?" :wink:

Sunday was a very unplanned day and I snacked a lot, went over my calories for the day, but I know I'll make up for it with my planned meals for the week.

@Kaye-I think we read about the same study last week. I was also encouraged by it, because I tend to be too busy to overeat and have a more structured day during the week, and then have parties and other things going on during the weekends that cause me to go over in calories or carbs.

@Tom- Sometimes a good nap is all we ladies want. Have a wonderful President's Day with your wife!

@RobinB- Definitely going to make the Nutella brownies...but definitely when my family is around to help me eat them! :laugh:

@kah- What an incredible feeling to see 12 lbs gone in one week so far into your weight loss journey! Your trainer must have some good tricks up his sleeve. Obviously, his suggestions had an effect!

@L2T- Enjoy your day off!

@Robin- Again with your tongue? Ouch! I hope you can get that figured out soon. It must be difficult to heal when you keep biting it.

@p1xy- I think the bariatric doctor probably has good intentions. His job is to focus on the food and your eating habits. Obviously, no amount of exercise will fix emotional eating patterns, and you can't lose weight and keep it off without taking control of your diet. But, I agree, you should aim to be strong and healthy with exercise, too. Maybe the doc thinks it's too hard to focus on diet while working on exercise? He probably can't multi-task like us mothers can. :wink:
    As long as you don't have any high blood pressure, bum joints or other injuries, I don't think you'll harm yourself by doing Zumba. It's high impact, but you can make it as high or low impact as you want, since it's basically doing-your-own-thing-dancing. A lot of people will tell those of us who are over 100 lbs overweight that they shouldn't start running because it's so hard on your joints and it's even harder because of the extra weight. I did it anyway. The C25K program is very slow-paced, go-at-your-own-speed. I think if you're healthy and ready to try it, you should. Just go slow. Repeat the same C25K week over and over if you're not ready to move to the next week. Go so slow that you think you might be faster if you just walked. Seriously. That's how I've done it. I've run a 5K (slowly) without stopping, but only after working myself up to it over the course of a year and a half. Strength train and stretch along with your running program. Get good shoes! And, keep eating good nutritious food and work on destroying those emotional eating habits. It will help your weight loss and your running. :smile:

@Naomi- Don't let a few biscuits hold you back. You're going to take control the rest of this week and do this!

@skinnyjeanz- Happy Anniversary!

@Tigredia- Let chocolate be a part of your life. What would life be without it? :wink:

@Susan- I won't hate on your 83 degrees....although it is snowing and blowing again right now here. :grumble: I know we'll get warm weather again eventually. I have a vacation week planned in March, and no matter what, I am doing some spring cleaning! Whether Mother Nature is ready or not, I'll be cleaning carpets and closets too.

@Laurie- Glad your dad was looking better! Sounds like he had a caring companion to talk with while you and your mom weren't there.

@rain- I hope the scale surprises you in a good way!

@Tanya- Welcome!

@Karen- Silver lining to a wrong turn is discovering new places and burning new calories. :flowerforyou:

@Tammy- Hope your husband and you both like your new hairdo, no matter what you ended up getting done, and that your grumpies go away! :happy:

@Hayley- Don't let a bad day ruin the whole journey. Good job realizing that you need to be tracking everything! I know that the weight the MFP gives you when you complete your food diary for the day isn't exactly how things will turn out, but that's a great thing when you have a bad day, isn't it? IF EVERY DAY WERE LIKE TODAY.... Well, every day doesn't have to be like today, so you'll do better tomorrow! Hope your class goes well!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I need to vent. We were supposed to go to my parent's house yesterday for a post-birthday celebration. Brian and I were about to walk out the door when my mother called. Brian answered the phone she told him that it wasn't a good idea we come over because the snow blower is broken, my brother was refusing to shovel the driveway and the driveway was filled with snow. After I got out of the bathroom I called back, spoke to my dad and told him we would be over to shovel the driveway. My dad's voice cracked as he thanked me. You can tell he was really upset over the situation and felt helpless because he couldn't do anything to fix the situation. We got there and not only was the driveway covered in snow but it froze over. The snow has been there since the past two snowstorms. :noway: As you all know, my dad has MS and is in a wheelchair. My mother is his primary caregiver and spends a lot of time taking care of him. My mother also has 1 lung due to a previous battle with lung cancer and also has COPD. She has difficulty breathing in cold weather. I was furious with my brother. :explode: He is 44, has his own business but hardly works, lives with my parents and is always home. There is absolutely no reason why he could not get off the computer to shovel the driveway to help my parents out. Brian and I went over and about 20 minutes into us chopping away at the snow my brother came outside and gave us a huge attitude for helping. He claimed his friend was coming over with a plow but had no idea when he was coming over. From what my father told me they have been waiting since the storm last week for his friend to come with the plow. In the meantime, the driveway was filled with snow. If God forbid, something happened with my dad and EMS had to come they had no way to get into the house. Also my father had no way of getting out of the house if they had an emergency such as a fire. I was furious not only with my brother but that my mother didn't not call us sooner and ask for help. We only live 7 minutes away and it would have not been a problem to get there to clear the snow. :angry: We are supposed to have another storm his us tonight into tomorrow. I am going to make it a point to go over to their house and make sure they are cleared.

My second rant. We have another leak in the kitchen. UGH this is the 3rd one since we bought the house. We have a plumber here now and he is trying to figure out what the problem is. I am really hoping he doesn't have to jackhammer my floors and cut my walls. He gave us the heads up that he may have to do that to get to the pipes. :sad:

Kaye - Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.

Robin - UGH to the sinuses draining. I keep waking up all night long because of the drippy nose. At least the sore throat and tender face went away. Now my nose and lips are chapped and I am on my last box of tissues. I feel so much better though so that is a good thing! :wink: Sorry to hear about your tongue. Best of luck to you with the ENT.

Kah - Congrats on the amazing loss!!! What a great compliment you received from your mother. Congrats on being able to only eat 1 Red Lobster biscuit. I love those biscuits.

Tanya - Welcome. Many of us in this group have Fitbit too. Feel free to add me. Here is my URL https://www.fitbit.com/user/28KV99

Skinny - Walking Dead was so good last night. That little girl creeps me out. I really thought she was going to smother Judith. I was yelling at the TV for her to stop. Congrats on your 3 year anniversary!

Laurie - Glad to hear you dad was calmer and happier when you and your mom went to see him. When my dad was in the hospital before he went into rehab the hospital did the same thing for him. From what they explained to me is they tend to do that with agitated patients to help prevent them from getting out of bed and injuring themselves. Like you, we thought it was a blessing to have someone with him 24 hours.

Susan - Wow you were very productive yesterday.

Camille - I have another friend on MFP who also lives on a farm. From what she has told me it seems like a lot of work but well worth it.

Naomi - I have done that before. It is frustrating after the fact when you realize what you had just done. But don't beat yourself up over it too much. It happens. Turn it into a learning experience and move on.

p1xyn1xy - Glad you have a great time at the Salsa class despite your husband dropping you. Sorry to hear your doctor was not supportive of your exercise routine and plans. Maybe he was concerned if you focus on too many changes at once you would become frustrated and give up? I would have been irritated by that as well though. You have been successful so far doing what you are doing. So I don't understand why exercise would be an issue now. I think you should keep doing what you know is working for you. You have done an outstanding job so far. Keep up the great work.

Lives - Congrats on the new low. That is fantastic. You are so close to onederland and 100 lbs lost. How fantastic!!! Keep up the great work.

Tom - Sounds like Amy will have a great day!

hansea - I agree with what you said regarding C25K. I posted a topic last month and was surprised at how many people told me I was too big to run. I understand the point they were making about injury but even at a lower weight I risk injury. Like with any exercise you should definitely listen to your body and adjust it to meet your needs.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    It's been awhile since I've seen a post like this since Groups started.
    Idk if I'm even a part of this one so please allow me to do so.
    I am 38, mom of 2, needing to lose more than 100 lbs.
    I have been a member of MFP for almost 3 years.
    I had initially lost 75 lbs within 8 or 9 months. And then I had experienced some negative circumstances, got sick for awhile and couldn't exercise for 6 weeks. When I was well again no exercise had, unfortunately, became habit. I made some bad choices & things and gained about 40 lbs back. Now I'm back with a fire burning. I'm more committed to reach my goal and help others by encouraging & supporting them along the way.

Hoping you're all doing well with your goals. It can be tough, it can be difficult, but it CAN be done.

Edit: tried to add photo but it's not working from photobucket. =[
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Feeling a little better today as I powered through 60 mins of elliptical yesterday, hopefully counteracting a lot of the uncertainty in the last brunch I had with my parents yesterday. However, I'm still a little scared of the scale tomorrow, and even more worried to show my dietitian my log for the last two weeks, since I've eaten some things I'm not proud of (despite not eating a lot).

Reaching the point in the semester now when I really have to push to make room for as much exercise as I've been doing. This has been my downfall before as I put my grades before everything else, so I'm hoping to continue to place myself and my health first going onwards, even amidst the academic pressure.

Hope everyone is well. Looking forward to a better week eating wise!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: I feel good. Sure enough Aunt Flo showed up. I really need to visit my primary doctor to discuss. I think these major mood swings, food binges, pity party is all the week prior to her monthly visit. It’s been happening for quite a few months. I do so well for a solid 3 weeks or so then I completely come apart. Plus, Kelly gave me a little advice too about my eating patterns. Each of our bodies are different. I’ve been so focused on the high protein/fat with low carbs aka Paleo, but perhaps my body is thriving a legume or two. LOL!! I’m going to keep playing with my macros, food, etc. . . and see if I can balance out a little better. Tonight is the trainer. I think I have two left and that’s it. Oh well. I’ve enjoyed it while it lasted and will take what I learned to push myself, which I know I can.

@ Camille – Thanks for your Sunday share. Kentucky is a very pretty state. Growing up my cousins had a big dairy farm and I use to love spending time there. It’s not an easy life that’s for sure, but farming is so crucial to our economy. I can quit calling you Humble now and it’s Camille going forward. LOL!! This little group is pretty amazing. There’s a solid 10 or so who check in regularly who I know have been here in the 1 ½ years I’ve been on MFP. They’ve truly become my friends and they will support you in so many ways.

@ Kaye – Great job sending the sweets away! Plus, I totally agree. When I feel like I’m on a diet or depriving myself, I just totally derail. I’m slowly learning how to eat for life. Part of life is celebrations or events that may include food not on the healthy side. I enjoy a little slice, but don’t need the whole cake. I don’t do it every day either. Plus, we try to get in those exercise calories too and that helps to balance it out as well. We are learning!!

@ Tigredia – I normally work 2 squares of Dove Dark Chocolate Promises into my week. Not every week, but I would say 2 or 3 days each week when I do. It’s just enough to satisfy me. I eat it as slow as possible to really savor the flavor, which is what I crave. I know some people can’t control it, but I’ve learned how too and it’s just enough of a treat to keep me happy.

@ Karen – 3 years? Where does the time go? Have you really reflected on what you’ve accomplished? How much lighter and stronger you’ve become? I know I look forward to your post every day. At first, I always had to laugh at all your grading post, but when I realized you were a list person it all made sense. You’ve been an encouragement to me that’s for sure and thank you for ALL your support!!

@ Naomi – Mindless eating has taken over me as well. With my Friday binge, I just carried it into the evening too. ½ can of Pringles, another piece of chocolate cake even though I had one earlier, and just munching. It made no sense at all. I’ve chatted before it’s like “me” time. My son is occupied. Sister is not around and it’s just me and the TV. I just need to go upstairs, read and get as far away from the kitchen as possible! We’ll have a better week. I know it!

@ Pixy – Thanks for your words. I’ve said it before, but this journey is just as much if not more a mental challenge then a food challenge. Perhaps once I can get my arms around the mental side the food will control itself too. I’ve thought about talking to someone too at some point, but haven’t gone down that road yet. As far as the doctor, I agree with Robin. I’m very lucky because even at my current weight my numbers are good. Yes, we need to get our food under control, but exercise is so important and I don’t think I’ve ever been to a doctor who didn’t encourage it. I’m with the others and stay on your path. Plus, you have LONG days on your feet. You need to build that stamina and energy so keep going. You’re doing great!!! I’m so glad you had fun with your hubby. Try to do it again soon and not just around a holiday. Those times together are so important and look at all the wonderful memories you continue to build.

@ Robin – Girl, you have to be careful. This tongue biting thing – yikes!!! I can totally relate falling asleep in furniture other than my bed. Hope you get answers with the ENT. You need them!!!

@ Ellen – You’re a sweetheart. Thanks for the encouraging words. It means a lot. I think we’ve got a lot of super special people in this group and I’m so glad you joined us!! Your only 2.6#’s away from Onederland???!! I’m so happy for you and I can’t wait to do a virtual dance for you. You know you’ll have a TON of cheerleaders yelling and screaming for you.

@ Kelly – I hate when offices are run by drill sergeants and they need to calm down. I had one at my last company and thank goodness the one here is completely opposite. As far as sleep, I couldn’t sleep last night either and just tossed and turned. I did open a window, which I thought would help. I was going to start reading again, but I’m getting towards the end and wouldn’t have put it down. Oh well, hopefully that means we’ll sleep really well tonight.

@ RobinB – I’ve got dear friends going through cancer now. Her husband was diagnosed January of last year with Stage 4 colon and liver cancer, which spread to his lungs. He’s 40. They have two kids, 8th grade and a Senior. I love them dearly, but just can’t believe this is their life now. They got a scan back the other day and the tumors are down 50%, which we’re so thankful BUT he still has so much more to go. He’s basically had to quit his job because the chemo makes him so sick. Cancer just bites balls. Thanks for your encouraging words too. I’m normally not a holiday person and I really don’t let it get to me, but I guess with the other stuff going on I just let it consume me. I’ve put on the big girl panties and ready to tackle head first!!

@ Tammy – You had a great weekend! Go back to bed and come out the other side. Make today count. You’re doing great and today is going to be another great day!!

@ Hansea – I loved hearing your soccer stories. My son never did soccer due to asthma, but he has played baseball since he was 4. He’s in majors now at 11 ½ and his first practice is Thursday night. The kids at that younger age are a hoot! Even though he didn’t play I loved watching the little kids running the wrong way or just picking up the ball no wonder the coach is a drill master. LOL!! I’ll never forget one year in t-ball some little girl was picking flowers in the outfield. So funny!!!

@ Rain – 60 minutes? I would die!!! I’m being a little dramatic I know, but I’m pretty comfortable with my 30 minutes. I do intervals though for those 30 minutes. I’m normally at a 150 or so, but for 30 seconds I push up to 215 or so then come back down for 2 minutes and go back up. It really pushes my heart rate, which I really need.

@ Imyarncraz – Funny name!! I like it. Once I learn your real name, I’ll go that route but very creative. I have no creativity whatsoever. Seriously. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. I think many of us can relate in so many ways. I lost 75 and 80 lbs with WW years ago, but always gained it back so I never truly learned. My loss is much slower now, but I’m learning things now and actually executing them. While I wish the weight would come off faster, I know I’m making these changes permanent not temporary. Welcome!!

@ Nettie – Rant as much as you want and shame on your brother. While it’s great a friend has a plow, if it can’t be done immediately then let someone know. Like Laurie’s situation, they had EMS coming and the snow plow had just covered the driveway. Luckily, she was able to stop them and they cleared it. Because of the health of both parents this is something that needs done on a regular basis. In health scares, those few minutes could save a life. Sorry about the kitchen too. There’s parts of me that wish I owned my own home again, but I am liking this renting thing I’ll have to admit. I hope it can be fixed with minimal damage. Hang in there!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I'm so angry!! :explode: I just spent a good 20 minutes typing up personals and my computer died! I will be back later to try again.

Welcome back Yarncraz!! I remember you from robin's previous thread "Need to lose 100 lbs? Let's start a group!"
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @Susan--My bad... you all may call me Dawn or YC.
    (my user is a play on words for: I am Yarn Crazy)

@SkinnyJeansBound--So sorry about your computer. We've been having our share of "technological issues" here too. Between hubby's laptop dying and a broken tablet... Hope you can fix/replace or borrow one soon!!

Testing (this is the photo I was trying to share earlier--hope this works!)

12597079555_86c34b30b0.jpg
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    From Pixy

I saw the bariatric doctor, he questioned me about my whole life. And as I said to Susan, said I needed to see a psychologist to help me with my emotional eating. MY app't isn't till april though... A reprieve. I didn't like that he told me that I was doing too much exercise and should concentrate on controlling my eating first. He pretty much told my that in the spring I shouldn't start the C25K, because I'll probably hurt myself. And that I'm overcompensating for a bad diet. I agree that diet control is important... but what is wrong with building strength and stamina which improves quality of life. I've been working on improving my diet for the last 6 months which is why I've lost what I have. I was upset for 2 days and then did an hour and a half of Zumba. He's met me for 1 hour.. he does not get judge all my motivations and my life. I need to remember that they are a tool, use what will work for me and discard the rest.

Obviously we are emotional eaters!! None of us would be here if we weren't. Does that mean we should all see a psychologist? haha, probably would not hurt in my case. I beleive exercise is helpful even when you are larger than you would like to be. Building strength and stamina takes time and, for me, helps me stick with my meal plan when i have expended energy exercising. Good plan to use his advice as another tool.....not necessarily the be all and end all
  • Little_Lula
    Options
    I just joined today so I am definitely a newbie! Have been on here off and on all day figuring things out. I have to say I have been amazed at what I've been finding on the site so far....

I would like to lose at least 120 lbs. I have already lost 30 lbs since October by implementing changes such as no soda, fast food or processed foods. Sometimes I backslide (today for example) and my weight loss has come to a halt. Also, I've noticed the frequency of my "episodes" are getting closer together lol. So I am trying to be proactive and switch things up a little. Health is a very important goal for me and also nutrition. I'm excited that I will be able to get a better picture overall of how I am doing in that area.

i wasn't always overweight. In fact I was quite thin (never weighed over 120) until I hit my 20's. My body seem to be taking on a mind of it's own then and when I had children it got worse. In one year I gained over 130lbs!! Over the next 7 years all sorts of terrible things happened. Hair loss, horrible acne, period issues, joint pain, exhaustion, migraines...on and on! One evening I lost sight in my right eye and since I was over 300 lbs I was sure I was having a stroke. Turns out it was onset of migraine but the MRI they did revealed I had a pituitary tumor. Loads of tests later and then buckets of meds later I was pronounced cured.

I am most assuredly not.

I have to take maintenance meds to keep the tumor from growing and making me even more hormonally challenged than I already am! Plus a handful of other meds for a handful of domino effects caused by the tumor. My doctor has the attitude of that's just the way it is. With that in mind I have made the decision to take care of myself thru nutrition and exercise. Trying to give my body a chance to heal itself.

Problem is I am working with a learning curve lol!!!! I am thankful that I am doing as well as I am ( I am much better than before) . I have faced other challenges as well (emotional) with divorce etc but coming on here and seeing all of these people working to overcome their own obstacles puts a new perspective to it.

I am excited!!! I look forward to learning your stories and being a help if I can !!!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Amy finally got up! LOL:laugh: She is having arthritis issues and does not want to go out all day. The insurance has changed and she cannot take the meds she was taking. The meds cost over $1000.00 a dose. They are going to get her on a new one that is on the new insurance but she has to wait for the other one to be out of her system. The selling of Girl Scout cookies took its toll on her for the past two days. She wants to stay home until dinner at Hecho en Vegas. I went and got her a Smashburger and chocolate shake for lunch which was her choice. I had the Baja Cobb salad with grilled chicken. She likes that place and there was even one close by so it has been easy so far today. We watched an old Criminal Minds while we ate lunch that we had never seen before. She changed to the DVR and started a General Hospital show so I had to get out of there as I try not to watch those. I am going to try and find a better place to park for dinner tonight as the easiest place is a long way from the Mexican place in the MGM Grand Casino. So I’m off to the internet to find a better place to park.
    Be back later.

Tom
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

So I've been back at this weight loss thing for a few weeks. I lost 18 lbs between June and November last year, down from my heaviest weight ever. I'm sort of sitting about 5 lbs up from where I've been for about the last 10 years, and I just realized that so that is a good thing. I go to physio 2x per week for chronic back pain, and cardio/weight training afterwards. It's so nice to work one on one with a kinesiologist (my trainer) that's how I lost the weight last year. I am starting massage there as well tomorrow, the chriropractor says that my muscles need to be released in order for the core exercises to be effective. We shall see.

I had a pretty good weekend, food wise. Except for yesterday. I do all my cooking for the week on Sundays, and I made black bean burgers, which are sooooo good and only 80 calories per patty. BUT I just cannot have just one, which is fine except I have to eat it on a bun. Since I'm a carbaholic, after the first burger, I wanted a second one just to have the bun. OK, so 2 was fine and within my calorie limit, but a little while later after my lentil soup was done, I had to taste test, and there are those darn buns staring right at me. So a bowl of soup and a bun to sop up the bottom of the bowl. Now I'm over my limit. And stuffed. This is why I can't keep carbs in the house LOL.

Today was better, though. I ate mostly fruit and protein. But dinner is still coming up, and there are more bean burgers and buns waiting for me...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a short grading break--allowed myself 10 minutes, so I will try to get some personals done.

@tom--sorry Amy is in pain--it's nice that she has you to wait on her today. :flowerforyou: Earlier you mentioned all of the miles of exercise. Wouldn't it be grand if MFP had a spreadsheet function that would convert all of my walking/running entries into miles covered? I also would love just to see all of the net calories burned over the past 3 years. I did track mileage on the Virtual TransAmerica Walk website for about half of 2013. I made it to Kentucky but then got bored with it. I did finish both Lord of the Rings virtual walks last year though--I believe the longer one was over 400 miles. :smile: I was signing up for some races a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like I will have to find a different mud run this year. The Dirty Girl which I usually do takes place while I'm on vacation in the DR, and the Rugged Maniac is the same week as my Terrapin 5k. I found out last year that doing both is NOT a good decision. :laugh:

@lula--welcome!! :flowerforyou:

@p1xy--I agree with karenleona and others that you need to do what works for you. I agree that your doctor probably means well, but it still makes me angry that he is dissuading you from exercise when there are no medical reasons to do so. What burns me up the most is that he wants you to see a psychologist but completely discounts the psychological benefits of exercise. Exercise releases endorphins which ease depression. It also teaches you to set and work toward goals. In addition, meeting those goals helps us build confidence that we can overcome our struggles--including those related to nutrition. I can't believe a highly educated doctor would discount all of that. :angry:

@dawn--thanks--the laptop just randomly shuts off--I think it's due to overheating, but not really sure. Sometimes when I restart it opens back up to where I left off and I don't lose my posts, but no such luck today. :ohwell:

@susan--Me and my lists! :laugh: I always worry that the new people will think I'm complaining about the work or that I think I have so much more than everyone else. Not the case at all--we all have plenty to do in our respective jobs, and I have it easier than many of you who also have kids to care for. I'm just such a visual person, it helps me to "see" what I need to get accomplished.

Ok--that took way longer than the 10 minutes I promised myself. I will get more personals done later.