Ruined my body lifting HEAVY ( sadly with pics)

Options

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I LOVE how this obviously sarcastic post went over SOOO MANY HEADS!!!AHHH!!!

You look amazing!
  • jillilyn
    jillilyn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cute swimsuit! Love it! Quit thinking that way...you look awesome!
  • WookieCuddler97
    WookieCuddler97 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think shes being sarcastic.
    Hot and sarcastic. :D
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    I hate when that happens.
  • jillilyn
    Options
    Lol, I guess it went over my head too...damn heavy weights! :)
  • jillilyn
    Options
    Lol, I guess it went over my head too...damn heavy weights! :):laugh:
  • MzChrys
    MzChrys Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You guys! The first pic is of her NOW. The second pic is of her BEFORE. She is saying that the first pic is the cause of her lifting too much!

Look up sarcasm. Then try again.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    amazing.............great job.I wish i had manly arms like you

i
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I read the title (before seeing the post) I thought she meant she had bad form and had badly injured herself. Regardless of the delivery...nice work, she looks great!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are so cute! You look awesome!
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    o.m.g. you got me! hahah, i love this post :)
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    As you can see in my before picture...I was shapely and very womanly.....

422946_3099678004535_1041711904_32700648_1852917221_n-1.jpg

I feel victim to the notion that woman would NOT bulk up by lifting heavy...boy was I wrong....I wish I had not strayed from doing the ellipticals everyday for 60 minutes...I have so ruined the looks of my body.. I have man arms now :sad: I should not have donated my 3 pound pink barbie weights... I should not have started doing deadlifts ( currently at 180lbs...) Thankfully, I have come to my senses before it was too late!
    THIS is what lifting heavy will do to your bodies ladies...you have beem warned.

530906_3928664088669_1989270176_n.jpg
    Holy Macaroni! You look great. Great Job. :smile:
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    Uhm, it's time to ruin my body, too! Thanks so much for sharing! Even more motivation to do even more lifting!! TY!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Sorry but this is so dumb. Women will not get big or bulky by lifting heavy UNLESS you have a CALORIC SURPLUS, you will not gain size if you are in a caloric deficit, and by the looks your arms are toning up, I'd rather have that then big flabby arms, women reading this post, actually take advice from a professional who has clients on the daily basis doing heavy lifts to get in shape, you have been warned.

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

What is particulary funny, as the OP humor flies so high over your head that you look like a tiny ant-person, is that you actually try to insult her and end up looking like a box of rocks. Way to go to both of you!
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!

And the replies have me rolling...LOL! People that can't read sarcasm should stay away from these forums. Nevermind, at least it's entertaining me!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!

And the replies have me rolling...LOL! People that can't read sarcasm should stay away from these forums. Nevermind, at least it's entertaining me!

Maybe people who aren't capable of signaling a comic tone should refrain from writing, especially when their photos don't reinforce the message they intend.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, when I first read the title, for a minute I thought someone was talking about getting injured from bad form, but as soon as I saw the post obviously it's just the ongoing running bulky joke on mfp, I can't believe people didn't know that (and even weirder the direction some people went with it). The bulky joke can get a little old, but to each their own (maybe I just never encountered anyone that was worried about getting bulky, someday I maybe will and then I will understand). In my experience, I think people shy away from weights because they feel like they don't know how to do it or they worry about injury (because of past experiences with that) or they think it is going to be a lot of work (all things that are easy to gain quick assurance with the right approach). I sometimes wonder if them saying they don't want to get bulky is just them trying to find a reason not to do it because they just don't want to put the effort in to learning something new. It's just my opinion, but making fun of people doesn't usually work as inspiration to want to try something new. This isn't a complaint. Also, it's just the way it is that people will always find a way to put down fit people to feel better about themselves (same reason people put down slender people). If people are confident with themselves they don't need to try and make other people feel bad about their bodies.

All that aside, she looks amazing. Excellent work. That is what is important!!! This should be inspiring to many!!!

It's too bad this had to turn into a "no one gets sarcasm post".
  • abirkel
    abirkel Posts: 60
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME!!
  • Apix
    Apix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love that people don't get sarcasm. LOVE it!
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I kept waiting to see something horrible...nope. Awesome job. I cant wait to ruin my body lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!