Ruined my body lifting HEAVY ( sadly with pics)

Options

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    As you can see in my before picture...I was shapely and very womanly.....

422946_3099678004535_1041711904_32700648_1852917221_n-1.jpg

I feel victim to the notion that woman would NOT bulk up by lifting heavy...boy was I wrong....I wish I had not strayed from doing the ellipticals everyday for 60 minutes...I have so ruined the looks of my body.. I have man arms now :sad: I should not have donated my 3 pound pink barbie weights... I should not have started doing deadlifts ( currently at 180lbs...) Thankfully, I have come to my senses before it was too late!
    THIS is what lifting heavy will do to your bodies ladies...you have beem warned.

530906_3928664088669_1989270176_n.jpg

First of all, I don't think your arms bad. But I respect your preferences. I used post all the time about the problems women could have with heavy lifting targeted on areas that they did not want to build up. I posted the following link a few months ago. Many people guffawed.

http://fitnessblackbook.com/muscle-building/how-to-lose-muscle-mass-on-purpose/
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who almost missed the sarcasm in the original post. :drinker:

I considered it was sarcasm, given that her arms are not that big, but this remains a real issue for some women.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Hahh!! I speak sarcasm!! I am lifting heavy now...I better stop right this minute! Kidding! Lifting is awesome!
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Think I definately need to add some heavy lifting :drinker:
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Can I just say that I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who almost missed the sarcasm in the original post. :drinker:

I considered it was sarcasm, given that her arms are not that big, but this remains a real issue for some women.

Yeah I thought I had this problem to and assumed I was going to skip into a bodybuilding competition. Then the calipers were brought out, and I was told that no I don't have a lot of muscle. I was just fat. lol!!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Lol... I'm sitting here thinking... she can't be serious! Doh! :tongue: :laugh: :wink:
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Lol... I'm sitting here thinking... she can't be serious! Doh! :tongue: :laugh: :wink:

DOH...I am rarely serious! Sorry! Cheers!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Damn woman! You look fantastic!! Can't wait til I can deadlift 180. The people who missed the sarcasm are hilarious... women don't bulk up like crazy! Eesh. Every lady can benefit from heavy lifting, barring injuries and medical conditions. It has done wonders for my mother since osteoporosis starting rearing its ugly head.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yupp...I want to look that BAD too :)
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Love it -- you're such a beast! :laugh: Props, from one lady lifter to another. :flowerforyou:
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    lol you look great! :D
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    You look great; most importantly you look healthy. Hopefully soon you'll realize that, too!!
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think you hit your head with those 3 pounds weight as you were lifting..... Get it girl!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't see where anything is ruined, maybe you took off some fat and got some lean muscle but not enough to be in a muscle competition! You look great! Maybe we don't see what you see in the picture, IDK, don't get it!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options

I feel victim to the notion that woman would NOT bulk up by lifting heavy...boy was I wrong....I wish I had not strayed from doing the ellipticals everyday for 60 minutes...I have so ruined the looks of my body.. I have man arms now :sad: I should not have donated my 3 pound pink barbie weights... I should not have started doing deadlifts ( currently at 180lbs...) Thankfully, I have come to my senses before it was too late!
    THIS is what lifting heavy will do to your bodies ladies...you have beem warned.

LOL you're obviously joking. I don't see any "man arms" on your after pic nor is it huge.

You look great.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Its a real shame pigging out on cream cakes doesn't ruin your body in the same way :-)
  • brayaddie
    brayaddie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    look Great!!:smile:
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I don't see where anything is ruined, maybe you took off some fat and got some lean muscle but not enough to be in a muscle competition! You look great! Maybe we don't see what you see in the picture, IDK, don't get it!

She was being sarcastic *L*
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    We should all be so ruined.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options

i literally have nothing nice to say. If you arent being sarcastic, please accept this digital punch to the neck. if you are genuinely thinking that is bulky, youre blind and delusional. please go back to your cardio. i dont want you anywhere near my weight room.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!