• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    [random incorrect statement about insulin here]
    lol...wait for it............
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    cake and ice cream are sometimes very necessary for survival of people who annoy me. :)

^^^ this its so true!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    *looks at ticker*

Riiiiiiiiiight. Whatever makes you feel better!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

That hat is stunning on you...
  • Cristofori44
    Options
    *looks at ticker*

You must be a tough guy with that tattoo.
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    *looks at ticker*

Are you calling me fat?! ?! :sad:
    This is the internet- I thought people were supposed to be nice here!!!!!:sad:
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Carbs are delicious.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    *looks at ticker*

Oh no you di'n't...
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Carbs are delicious.

I love them too but they make me retain water and bloat out. I need to figure out which ones are doing this to me (think it's wheat).
  • TheEmi
    TheEmi Posts: 40 Member
    Options

[Insert rant about non-diabetics just don't understand.Run off in huff. Cry to the internets.]. :D
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Still the only macronutrient that is optional...bolt.gif

You can drive a car using just your feet if you really wanted to.

Doesn't make it a good idea though...
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Do they really taste good? Or is the stuff you put on them. Really you eat pasta or bread with absolutely nothing on it? Nope, likely not. But man I can sure grab a hunk of bacon and chow down.

Carbs in veggies and fruits are great and needed. Crap carbs in grains, sugars, etc. are certainly not needed nor or the healthy for the growing majority with insulin issues.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Without carbs, my pizza would be just a slimy, sloppy mess of cheese and pepperoni and tomato sauce. And really hard to eat without utensils.

But there's carbs in the sauce, too, so it would be just cheese and pepperoni. Which are just wonderful as a snack, but not a meal.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

[Insert rant about non-diabetics just don't understand.Run off in huff. Cry to the internets.]. :D

I'm gonna deviate from the funny for a second and clarify that for diabetics the insulin thing is obviously very important- for non diabetics, well...not having diabetes (or other metabolic disorder) means by definition that you don't have a problem with insulin.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Carbs are delicious.

I love them too but they make me retain water and bloat out. I need to figure out which ones are doing this to me (think it's wheat).
    Eat all the fruit you want, eat whole grains sometimes, and refined carbs like flour/sugar very sparingly.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Do they really taste good? Or is the stuff you put on them. Really you eat pasta or bread with absolutely nothing on it? Nope, likely not. But man I can sure grab a hunk of bacon and chow down.

Carbs in veggies and fruits are great and needed. Crap carbs in grains, sugars, etc. are certainly not needed nor or the healthy for the growing majority with insulin issues.

*slow clap*

I love my carby doughnut but it's also filled with a ridiculous amount of fat. This must not be forgotten.

But then again I do eat ridiculous amounts of plain white rice...

Maybe it's all about balance?
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Does it matter? Does butter taste good by itself? Does chocolate (as in, baking cocoa) taste good by itself?
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Yes I do eat bread with nothing on it and it's delicious.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Does it matter? Does butter taste good by itself? Does chocolate (as in, baking cocoa) taste good by itself?

Many people who have looked at my food diary have asked me if I eat straight butter. And my current chocolate of choice is now 85%, so I'm getting closer to straight chocolate.