101 reasons Carbs are great and should be part of your diet

Options

Replies

• dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Do they really taste good? Or is the stuff you put on them. Really you eat pasta or bread with absolutely nothing on it? Nope, likely not. But man I can sure grab a hunk of bacon and chow down.

Carbs in veggies and fruits are great and needed. Crap carbs in grains, sugars, etc. are certainly not needed nor or the healthy for the growing majority with insulin issues.
    Does it matter? Does butter taste good by itself? Does chocolate (as in, baking cocoa) taste good by itself?
    Yeah, I can eat butter plain too.
    But I do agree with you. If something tastes good either by itself or with something, why not eat it?
    I like bacon too but probably wouldn't so much without the seasonings.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Carbs are delicious.

I love them too but they make me retain water and bloat out. I need to figure out which ones are doing this to me (think it's wheat).
    Eat all the fruit you want, eat whole grains sometimes, and refined carbs like flour/sugar very sparingly.
    This is the train of thought I've been on lately and I'm finally losing the last few annoying pounds. The USDA food pyramid recommends an ungodly amount of grains.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I love my carby doughnut but it's also filled with a ridiculous amount of fat. This must not be forgotten.

Lord, that is so true.

For me at least, items containing a lot of carbs or sugar combined with fat is like a drug. Cake, pastries, doughnuts...*drools*
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love my carby doughnut but it's also filled with a ridiculous amount of fat. This must not be forgotten.

Lord, that is so true.

For me at least, items containing a lot of carbs or sugar combined with fat is like a drug. Cake, pastries, doughnuts...*drools*

I'm in the same boat. I wish I could eat cakes and all those extra goodies until I threw up but sadly they're so laden with fat that it's not possible to eat them to my content.

I do still have my treats but I try to do it responsibly. Every now and then I'll stuff my face but I make up for it over the following days.
  • christinafadia
    Options
    because if you don't incorporate them in your lifestyle and learn to live with them, you'll feel deprived.......... and the minute you introduce them back in......... guess what..................... ALL THE WEIGHT COMES BACK......!!!
  • ellieranc
    ellieranc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love carbs. Pasta, cake, cookies, pie, bread... you name it, most likely, I love it. However...

I'm a diabetic. Most carbs spike my sugar. How do I know this? I test frequently. I also know that I can eat whole wheat bread and whole wheat pasta and be within acceptable limits. I know some diabetics that would tell me I'm a fool for even taking a bite anything that resembles bread because it is horrible and I will lose all my toes because of it.

My theory: If you want to eat carbs, and it works for you and doesn't cause any ill effect, go for it. If you notice that it works better for you to low or no carb, then hey, don't eat them.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    The USDA food pyramid recommends an ungodly amount of grains.
    Yea, the US Dept. of AGRICULTURE recommends consuming ungodly amounts of US AGRICULTURAL product.

Fruit is my personal favorite carbohydrate source, maybe someday we will turn more corn and wheat fields into peach orchards, so the USDA can recommend more fruit.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    <<<< Eats carbs, loses fat & is not a Wizard.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    *looks at ticker*

Riiiiiiiiiight. Whatever makes you feel better!

She obviously didn't start out need to lose as much as some people on here. And seeing as she's halfway there, she just might be okay eating a carb here and there...
  • TheEmi
    TheEmi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    [random incorrect statement about insulin here]
    lol...wait for it............

[Insert rant about non-diabetics just don't understand.Run off in huff. Cry to the internets.]. :D

I'm gonna deviate from the funny for a second and clarify that for diabetics the insulin thing is obviously very important- for non diabetics, well...not having diabetes (or other metabolic disorder) means by definition that you don't have a problem with insulin.

Noted. I was being silly. Can't be serious about it all the time. :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    *looks at ticker*

Riiiiiiiiiight. Whatever makes you feel better!

She obviously didn't start out need to lose as much as some people on here. And seeing as she's halfway there, she just might be okay eating a carb here and there...

Very good point! Not all of us get so overweight that we need to lose 100 lbs or more to get back to healthy weight. Guess that gives you a little more freedom to eat more diversely. Plus it makes you less grumpy do you don't do nasty call outs on other people ticker in a smug self-rightous way.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I love me some carbs <333
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Still the only macronutrient that is optional...bolt.gif

unless you're an endurance athlete......:huh:
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    lol according to carb lovers I have no energy and can't work out. weird, I swear that I do... hmm. *exits convo before she gets attacked*
  • Monnietron
    Options
    Without carbs, my pizza would be just a slimy, sloppy mess of cheese and pepperoni and tomato sauce. And really hard to eat without utensils.

But there's carbs in the sauce, too, so it would be just cheese and pepperoni. Which are just wonderful as a snack, but not a meal.

mmmm pizza toppings are so good without the bread. No joke.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Without carbs, my pizza would be just a slimy, sloppy mess of cheese and pepperoni and tomato sauce. And really hard to eat without utensils.

But there's carbs in the sauce, too, so it would be just cheese and pepperoni. Which are just wonderful as a snack, but not a meal.

If anyone ever again tries to get me to eat pizza toppings on cauliflower and tells me it's called "pizza" they're gonna get a B*tchslap. No offense, but pizza has a crust. period.

(not saying the poster that I quoted did do that, just using the quote as a jumping off point)
  • Monnietron
    Options

If anyone ever again tries to get me to eat pizza toppings on cauliflower and tells me it's called "pizza" they're gonna get a B*tchslap. No offense, but pizza has a crust. period.

(not saying the poster that I quoted did do that, just using the quote as a jumping off point)

Yeah I can't do the mashed cauliflower or any of that mess. I just really really enjoy pizza toppings. lol.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    lol according to carb lovers I have no energy and can't work out. weird, I swear that I do... hmm. *exits convo before she gets attacked*

Hey, whatever works for you is good! But this thread is not about how great life can be for people who elmininate carbs. It's what's great about carbs. Don't really see how you added to that. Maybe you want to start your own thread about alternative ways to eat carb centered foods?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    1. You are a marathon runner.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post about if eating carbs after a workout is a good idea....Now, I changed mind. Calm it down folks..:wink: