Low Carb-ers Challenge Part 7 Welcome all

Options
OK you low carb-ers here we are. to enjoy the low carb way of life. I have found on my low carb way of eating:
:heart: I am sleeping so much better
:heart: I am not craving sweets and high carbs food.
:heart: I am feeling so much better
:heart: I am following the Metabolism Miracle Program
:heart: You may follow any low carb diet of your choice
:heart: All low carb diet is a benefit to you health.your peace of mind and your waist line

:heart: :heart: My treat is a cup of coffee with Walden No carb, No calorie. chocolate syrup, splenda and powder creamer=1 carb That is my treat afther breakfast
, after lunch,and after dinner. So good.

What is your faverite low carb treat?

This is a continue from Sassy's Low carb-ers challenge thread. Forever graatful for her.
This is your thread so come on in and join us. Eveyone welcome:heart::heart: :heart:

Marie:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to dropped in and wish you all a very Good Night. Sleep tight. It will help you in your weght loss. I also read in Woman 's world that drinking water helps in not having a heart attack. So lets drink our water. It helps our bodies in so many ways.
    See you in the morning/

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good Morning all
    Well I see no one found there way hee and MFP has a new look this morning.::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :happy: :happy:
    :happy:
    Hope you all had a good night and ready for a good day,.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Nice day here in Tecas gonna get up to 70's today. A fine day to get our ecercise in.Have a wondeerful breakfast:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    See you all later
    Marie
  • jeni26
    jeni26 Posts: 383
    Options
    Good Morning Marie
    I found you!

Lets see, as far as low carb treats, I can't honestly think of one, because I don't snack, my nutritionist wants me to have 3 meals a day and after 2 years, I've finally accepted that LOL

My 3 day diet worked great, was down 8lbs and then yesterday I blew it.... Ok I really wasn't that horrible, but I know I didn't drink enough water, which made me feel yucky, so today, after a couple little treats I am going to do another 3 days, and try to get rid of the last 6lbs to hit my goal, and it would be great if I can do it by monday when I go see my nutritionist. That is the goal we set for me 2 years ago and would love to be there.
    then only 25 more to go, which everyone thinks I'm insane and will be too skinny... what???? I don't see myself where I was 100lbs ago, but i don't think I'll be too skinny either.

Well, Just finished my first qt of water, walked 6 1/2 miles and I'm going to make some breakfast, make a couple calls and get some stuff done.

I'll be back

and than you Marie for continuing our thread :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Jeni. glad you found this thread.
    I,m so happy you are losing and getting so close to your goal. You have work hard enought on it these last years.
    The hardest part is yet to come. Trying to maintain it. But you can.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Pickadilly. Hope you come drifting in soon.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Marie
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey girls , I flund this site , that has some low carb recipes that sounds so good.

http://www.kimkins.com/freerecipes/orangechicken.php ..............then click on free recipes for more free recipes.
    I am going to try the orange soda one out tonight. .....I have made one with diet coke and it was good.
    Marie
  • jeni26
    Options
    Hi Marie
    Well I can maintain, I've accomplished that over the last couple years, hit a plateau, maintain for 6-8 months, lose a little ... maintain... so I can't wait to get to my goal.

What about Thanksgiving? Anyone making anything good? I'm going to not worry about carbs, ok I'd like to but mashed potatoes and stuffing... done right there...
    But what about lower fat? Lower calorie? Anyone making anything good?

I'm using low fat sour cream in my mashed potatoes instead of the 1/2 and 1/2 and my yogurt butter instead of the real thing. I use low fat because is lower in carbs than fat free. Of course... have to add salt, pepper, chives, and what ever other spices you want.

Any others?
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I found you all! Thanks Marie!

I had two pieces of whole wheat/whole grain/low carb sara lee bread toasted with a little butter for breakfast. A handful of almonds for a snack and then life as I knew it came crashing in on me and I have not eaten another thing. My stomach is so upset and I have the worst headache....I can't possibly eat.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! How is everyone doing????

I have been sick as a dog and then been working hard to catch up on everything!!!

I have been eating awful and have gained a LOT of water weight.

Going to do a low carb Thanksgiving though. No bread, other than that, I am eating sweet potatoes, turkey and greens!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome Lioness, so glad to see you and that you found us.Glad you are feeling better.
    What has been going on in your life?
    I love my new way of eating.

Here is my plan for Thanksgiving. We are going to my daughter for dinner and YEAH WATCH THE COWBOY GAME. i hope they get their act together by then. I will make the dressing, chocolate cake and a carrot cake. Things I can't have or wont eat.
    I plan on having roasted veggies and Jello with cottage cheese, chopped celery and chopped walnut and a little whipped topping.And turkey maybe some mashed califlower.or califower casserole. I'll just take my own food. Just being with my family is what I am looking forward to.
    \Everyone have a good day, Plan for what you are going to eat next week. Lets make it a good week.

Marie

• CALIECAT
    Options

I had two pieces of whole wheat/whole grain/low carb sara lee bread toasted with a little butter for breakfast. A handful of almonds for a snack and then life as I knew it came crashing in on me and I have not eaten another thing. My stomach is so upset and I have the worst headache....I can't possibly eat.

• CALIECAT
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Pickadilly, I hope you are feeling better now. If anything we can do just let us know we are here as your friend. We are here to support each other what ever the problem is.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Marie
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Thank you Marie. Relationship issues. I am no longer in one with a man that two months ago had discussed us getting married on Thanksgiving, we never planned it but that was the talk. He started getting weird at the begining of November and now nothing! It is gone...over. I am nursing a broken heart! I will not turn to food! I will hit the gym harder than ever!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thank you Marie. Relationship issues. I am no longer in one with a man that two months ago had discussed us getting married on Thanksgiving, we never planned it but that was the talk. He started getting weird at the begining of November and now nothing! It is gone...over. I am nursing a broken heart! I will not turn to food! I will hit the gym harder than ever!

That a girl. Jeni Has a story you ought to hear. She is pulling out of it just fine. It hurts and I am sure she isn't over it yet. .
    Also Lioness is going thru a hard times with her husband now. She is making plans for her future and hope all goes well with her. Haven't talk to her lately , maybe things have calm down some now. I hioe so.
    Marie
  • pickadilly2009
    Options

That a girl. Jeni Has a story you ought to hear. She is pulling out of it just fine. It hurts and I am sure she isn't over it yet. .
    Also Lioness is going thru a hard times with her husband now. She is making plans for her future and hope all goes well with her. Haven't talk to her lately , maybe things have calm down some now. I hioe so.
    Marie

Thanks again Marie. I am feeling very lied to right now and not very positive about the male population as a whole! Think I will just forget about them for a while and concentrate on my son and myself! God has a plan for me and I have to trust that he will bring me through this better than I was! I have to hold onto my faith and pray for healing....that is all I can do really. But I will take time to hurt because I do think it is part of the healing process. I am the type that likes to charge ahead and I have to remember to slow down and not just gloss over my pain, otherwise it just comes back to haunt me at the wrong time.
  • jeni26
    Options

Marie

Thanks again Marie. I am feeling very lied to right now and not very positive about the male population as a whole! Think I will just forget about them for a while and concentrate on my son and myself! God has a plan for me and I have to trust that he will bring me through this better than I was! I have to hold onto my faith and pray for healing....that is all I can do really. But I will take time to hurt because I do think it is part of the healing process. I am the type that likes to charge ahead and I have to remember to slow down and not just gloss over my pain, otherwise it just comes back to haunt me at the wrong time.

Marie is so right, I am not over my issues but have had a very rough few months. That was when I started walking, I started to take my hurt and frustration out on exercise. I too belive that there is a plan for me, I don't know what it is, but I do know that I've been working hard and have found a lot of self worth and self respect I lost a long time ago.
    God bless, your head is in the right place, and I know that your heart will get there too. Stay strong and we are here for you.

So... check this... I got a call today from the temp agency, they have a perfect job for me, construction admin for a job, not sure any details, they are meeting with the company tomorrow and will call me to give me details. Great pay and temp to hire. So it could be a great thing! But whatever is my plan will be it.

Hey Lion, so nice to see you!!!!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Well another day. First day of my new single life...again! I am thankful today will be such a busy day, it will keep my mind occupied. It was a rough night with lots of tissue and tylenol. I still haven't eaten but I am going to force something down here in just a little bit. Tonight I am going to the gym and I think I will on Saturday and Sunday too. Hey maybe this is a new diet....the broken heart stress diet! lol I will be fine, it is just going to take a little time and a lot of praying. I will survive!!!!

So Jeni, I would love to hear more about your story if you feel like sharing again. I am happy to hear that you have a job lead. Being out of work brings a whole new meaning to the word stress, especially when you have children.

Lion, it is nice to 'meet' you.

Marie, thank you for being so kind.

Hope you all have a terrific day!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Pickadilly,:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Well dear you sound a little better today. Everything will be all right. I have been there too. It feel like the end of the world, but ita not. I found my husbannd of 53 years now. Its been a wonderful love story for us. you will find that love one of thhese days

Jeni--Hey you usally open the thread up, Sure hope this job is the thing for you. GGood luck. But I will missed you being around all day.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lets all have a good eating and execise day. I have misplaced my pedometer so can't count my steps anymore. Don't know where I laid it down. Now that what happens when you get older/ You lose things.
    I am into my 4th week on the new way of eating.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

See you guys later Marie

:heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • jeni26
    Options
    I could cry, just typed out a huge post and it vanished! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Had a crazy busy morning, up and showered at 5:30 and to Dylan's school at 8 and running from there... then the gym, tanning, lunch, kids are now home. I'm getting ready to head out to sell raffle tickets.

Calie - the old post said something different, but as I was typing, I got a call about the job, have an interview Monday! Perfect... jeans on Friday and business casual rest of the week, and just what I use to do, I'm kind of very excited

Picadilly - I have been through it all in the last 3 years, but the basic of my story is, 17 years, never lived together, never married, 2 children, when things were just about to where we were both ready to take the next step, he was in a horrible motorcycle accident which he survived, but has been very ugly since. We ended it for good in September (ok he did, but I was ok because he was setting me free) and I started walking 6 miles a day to think about who and what I am. Good for me. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, he called me, has done serious soul searching and can't live without me and is nothing without me. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever????/ ok sounds good but going to take a lot more than that.
    I did date in the mean time, and am still on this mad mission to continue to grow for me.

Anyway, Ask away, anything you need to talk about or just hear your not alone, or suggestions, I've been thru WWI, II, Vietnam with this relationship and have leard a lot about life and me.

Ok I'm off to go to sell some raffle tickets ...

hugs to ya all
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Thanks Cali and Jen. It has been a very long day so far. Got my son off to school, mom to the dr by 8:30, then had to take her to get blood drawn, then her hair apt. and while she was getting that done I went to the fabric store and got her quilting stuff, still had time so I went and rummaged around in the thrift store, picked her up and took her to get new glasses....and now finally home. I never noticed until today how many love songs they play on the music in stores! I don't know how many times I almost started bawling. Got a call from child support enforcement about my ex and they can't get a court date until Feb 10th! They have been working on this since AUGUST! That really irritated me.

A little about my past is, I was married for 21 years. Divorced almost 3 years ago. Have two boys, ages 20 and 11. My ex got into drugs and other women and that is why the divorce. I have dated off and on but this guy swept me off my feet. He was everything I had hoped to find. I don't think I am going to date for a long time again. I just don't want to hurt anymore. Jen, I know what you mean about finding yourself. After my divorce I had to basically re-invent myself. I had wrapped my world around my family so much that I lost me. I would be somewhere and see something and think....oh ya, I used to like that! I was all healed and strong and ready to take the next step. Now here we go again. Maybe I am just a loser magnent! lol

I am so sorry you have been through so much Jen. I would tell you what doesn't kill us just makes us stronger or God wouldn't give you more than you can handle but I think the next person who says that to me might get slapped...so I wont say it to you! lol Your job sounds great! I hope it works well for you!

Well anyway, thanks for letting me vent on you all.

Talk to you all later.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Wake up, wake up. you sleepy heads. Or probable busy bodies. It is Sateruday Morning. A cool damp day her in Texas.
    been working on my food chart for the Met B Plan.. Hope this fine you all well and a little happier. My life couldn't be better at this time.
    Have a wonderful day. Marie