1 scoop vanilla or cookies & cream whey powder
    6 tbsp 2% cottage cheese
    1 tbsp granulated Splenda
    1 tsp cream of tartar
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    12 squirts light whipped cream in a can

Preheat oven to 300 F and spray muffin tins generously. Mix all but the egg whites & cream of tarter until smooth & set aside. In a separate super clean bowl whip egg whites until they get stiff. Add cream of tarter & whip for 2 minutes. Gently fold both mixtures together. Spoon into muffin tins.

Bake 35-40 minutes. These are best when still moist in the center. Once cool poke a small hole in the side & use a can of whipped cream to fill. You can also shoot some sugar free pudding in for a heavier dessert (carbs will increase to 5-6 carbs each).

Cal: 80 Carbs: 2 gm Pro: 7 gm Fat: 5 gm
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Amy, hang in there cause you are soooo close to breaking that 100 mark.

I have a family thing this evening and as i was getting dressed this morning I was thinking about how to handle the food. WHY do we think about FOOD all the time???? Any way, I began telling myself I could have this or that and would still be SORT of on plan.

Girl, GOD began to show me how I negotiate with food all the time and end up giving myself permission to eat off plan rather than standing strong and saying, I will eat grilled chicken and veggies. As soon as I start telling myself I can have, I have began to sabatouge myself.

SOOOO come on and link arms with me and SAY NO to those foods which make us gain!!! JUST SAY NO, I am having the food which conquers fat and gives me weight loss and good health.... RAH RAH RAH

Pic'dilly, love your attitude... let's get us some of that weight loss going on!!!
    I love when there is a frost covering everything and then the sun comes out and I can see those little sparkly glints winking at me... so pretty.

Marie, about a 2 hr drive from us into Ok, they are still with out power. They have really been hit hard this winter and we are just now entering what generally is our worse month.

Well headed for the Dr as I have had a sore throat, cough, and achy joints for a week and it is time to get WELL.

Lioness, how ya doing? I was trying to think of ways to turn your commute time into something productive.... but 2 hrs each way is alot of time. MP3 time with lots of music, reading, I personally would be chilling....lol... guess you could take up crochet and make me something.... hee hee
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hey Silly girl. Lioness can't drive and crochet at the same time. Maybe she has a driver. and then she could.
    Have a good day. Couldn't resist popping off.
    We were surpose to have had frozen fog this morning but I didn't see anything difference than a clloudy looking day. Maybe I got up to late.
    How is the rest of the old gang. I Pm Sassy a couple weeks ago and she said she may drop in but haven't yet. Miss all of them.
    Have a wonderfu day.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Hambone for the recipes That will fit right in my Met B Plan way of eating. Sound deliously. get away from flax muffin for awhile.

Are you following and set plan?
    I have thougt about joing the kimkin diet plan but something is holding me back

Thanks my friend
    Marie
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I did much better this weekend. I was starving all day yesterday but the only thing off plan I had was an all natural gluten free brownie. The rest of the day I munched on veggies, meat, and a couple of Marie's flax muffins. I made the Rye tasting ones in my muffin pan(don't have a muffin top pan) and they are incredible! They are yummy with ham and provolone and some spicy mustard. I am having that for lunch today too. I got up this morning and I was right at 340 so no gain over the weekend that hasn't happened in a while!:drinker: I wasn't that hungry this morning so just some Greek yogurt and some blueberries and coffee. I guess I am finally starting to feel like a normal person when it comes to eating. Some days I eat more but then others not much like it cycles naturally. I was looking through old pics of when I weighed over 500 pounds and I was amazed at how different I look. I need to scan a few in so you all can see them.

Have a great Monday!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Gidget86
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

I haven't been on the computer all weekend! But I did pretty good staying on my eating plan.
    Down 1 more pound this morning....very happy with that.

Marie....I did spend all day on Saturday quilting! Yeah! trying to get a wedding gift done and its turning out great.

Ivyhivy....Sunday we had to go find snow..the Blues are only a 20 min. drive..so we loaded up the truck & 4 wheeler,
    took a picnic and drove to the snow. It was so beautiful! the kids sledded and we made a snowman a fort and had
    several snow ball fights! So I got quite a workout in on Sunday!
    To answer your question from Saturday....it does get quite warm here in July & August 100 plus pretty much a guarentee.

Now back to business it Monday!

Gidget
  • FormerJerseygirl
    FormerJerseygirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I would like to join you. I will start low carbing this Wednesday and cannot wait. I low carbed a few years ago and loved it.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome Former Jersey Girl:flowerforyou:

I found some nice zucchini on sale so I have my veggie for today. Tilapia was on sale also so I'll be having zucchini and tilapia for my meals. I found sprinkling my fish with cayenne pepper and turmeric and sometimes a dash of salt gives it a nice flavor. Curry didn't do so well but the french type and basil did well with salmon. What kind of herbs do you guys use for fish?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sorry to be running late in welcoming you, But had a bad news telephone call this morning. My brother is in the hosppital with Prostate cancer and they gave him 2 days to 2 weeks to live. So I have been at the hospital the biggest part of the day. We knew he was getting worse, but I don't think you are ever ready for it. They are getting Hotpice line up and will take him home. For thier is nothing else to do for him. It has reach his brain.

But life goes on.So lets get on with our programs and get this weight off.. What you say?????

Welcome Jersey girl Get ready set go Wednesday the day.
    Marie,
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Marie....I am so sorry to hear about your brother. (((BIG HUGS))) :cry:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Marie, I am sorry to hear about your brother. I will keep you all in my thoughts:flowerforyou:
    Sorry to be running late in welcoming you, But had a bad news telephone call this morning. My brother is in the hosppital with Prostate cancer and they gave him 2 days to 2 weeks to live. So I have been at the hospital the biggest part of the day. We knew he was getting worse, but I don't think you are ever ready for it. They are getting Hotpice line up and will take him home. For thier is nothing else to do for him. It has reach his brain.

But life goes on.So lets get on with our programs and get this weight off.. What you say?????

Welcome Jersey girl Get ready set go Wednesday the day.
    Marie,
  • Gidget86
    Options
    Marie.......Sorry is never enouph....we lost a brother after a 10 year battle with Melanoma and we still were not ready for the end when it came......I think he maybe was.

Time helps and remember he wants you to be happy!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Gidget
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks for all of your kind words. My brother passed away about 3" AM this morning. So glad I made the trip to the hospital yesterday.

Marie
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Thanks for all of your kind words. My brother passed away about 3" AM this morning. So glad I made the trip to the hospital yesterday.

Marie

Marie, I am sorry for you loss. It is very good that you were able to see him yesterday, that helps in the healing process I think. Gidget is right, he would still want you to be happy even though it is never easy. God bless you and your family as you mourn!

Love and blessings
    Diana
  • ivykivy
    Options
    I'm so sorry Marie. Bless you and your family

:heart:
    Ivy
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Marie you are in my prayers.:flowerforyou: Cancer is an ugly monster and takes our loved ones way too soon. Took my mom in 2004 at the age of 61. But I guess God wants them for himself and who can argue with God!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Oh I hate being a girl sometimes...especially at 45 yr old girl...nothing works right! lol Cramps and bloating already and I swear it just went away! UGH! Can't wait until that is all over...yes I will be older but I will be in great shape and I wont have to deal with this! OK enough whinning!

So I got my workout in this morning, even though I did NOT want to get out of my nice warm bed!

Life is good! Yes, life is good!

Marie, how are you holding up young lady?

Amy, Ivy, Hambone, Jeni, Gidget, Lioness, (who am I forgetting)...and everyone else, HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

Diana
  • FormerJerseygirl
    FormerJerseygirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Marie,

I am so sorry to hear about your brother.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Diana, I know what you are saying. I was thinking the other day I could slap Eve:laugh: At least I know why have been inhaling carbs. The one good things is that is the only time my weight goes down. Go figure.

We have a sunny day here. I plan on it being a good day.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Diana, I know what you are saying. I was thinking the other day I could slap Eve:laugh: At least I know why have been inhaling carbs. The one good things is that is the only time my weight goes down. Go figure.

We have a sunny day here. I plan on it being a good day.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Ivy, actually I read an article that said our best calorie burning time is the second half of our cycle, so the 2 weeks right before our period. Supposedly the hormone change makes us burn more calories. So not so weird that you would drop then. The trick is not gaining during...for me anyway! I turn into a sweet freak! And by the way...slap Eve AND Adam...he was standing right there and didn't bother to stop her! lol