Low Carb-ers Challenge Part 7 Welcome all

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Diana I don't think you will fine it there what I do is list each ingrredent and enter it as my meal so I can find it again.
    I know flax meal is there, eggs and etc. Marie
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,

Am I the only one who doesn't plan meals? I have always been the type of person to go to the grocery store every day. Whatever is on sale that is what I eat.:laugh: I got up an made flax muffins this morning. I usually put all the ingredients together in my food diary and make a meal, then add the portion I consume. today I'm having yogurt w/ nuts, flax muffin with peanut butter, chicken legs and for veggies 9 baby carrots, 2 cups of spinach and 9 brussel sprouts

I don't go to the gym I've done all my exercise at home - dvd's and treadmill. I wanted to take up boxing but he nearest place is 45 miles. They do have a MMA center here that I may consider in the future - but I don't want anyone htting me I just want to hit them:bigsmile: . I lot of people recommend zumba.

It is rainy here and a little chilly but not as bad as the last two weeks.

Hope every one has a good day.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. With my 2 hour commute each way and how hectic everything has been, I am on and off low carbing, exercising and the whole nine yards.

Heck, I am just lucky to be able to squeeze in eating and getting a few hours of sleep.............

Today has been a good and bad day for me..............Got laundry done, YAY!! Have eaten low carb (Paleo style), YAY!!! Cowboys lost their game today.....BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I will be doing drive by posts and try to catch up with everyone here and there........... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, quick check in.
    Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend thus far! We are having GREAT weather. 65* today.... beautiful

Pickadilly, I tried a belly dancing class and loved it. It wasn't at all what I thought it would be. The instructor wore us out too. If one is available check it out as you will be quite surprised.

Ivy, I don't really plan meals but I only buy groceries once a week. I generally buy what is on sale plus meats, milk, veggies and bread. Girl, there is no way I am going to the store on a daily basis....lol... you are a brave woman!!!!

Marie, are you feelin better? Hope everyday you get better and better.

Lioness, yeah our Cowboys got blown out of the playoffs today but they sure have improved this year. We definitely have a team who will be someone to contend with next year. I like Favre too so I hope to see the Vikings in the Superbowl but they have to get past those Cardinals!!!!

Make the most out of your commute! Reading, music, or whatever you really enjoy. Things will soon settle into a routine for you. Take the lemons and make some lemonade!!!
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Amy, I haven't read "Flip the Switch" but I like that phrase!

We should make that our motto...... FLIP THE SWITCH....

Jen, how ya doing girl???
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

flip the switch you guys. yeah that does down good. I have been doing pretty good the last few days.

:sad: :sad: :sad: about the Cowboys.

Hello to Lioness, Hambone , Ivy, Diana. Amy, and all who may be lurking. If you are please come join us. would love to have you.

I am still trying to lose what I gain. Making headways somewhat. Hoping to be in the 180 soon. My doctor put down morbid obesity the other day, That was news to me, I thought you had to be over 200 lbs to be morbid abesity. So I wonder what obesity is. Any body know where the line is? I know I am close to that but Not yet. I was when I first started

Good night to all.
    Marie
  • ivykivy
    Options
    I flip my switch but some days it flips back, I think I got a shortage!:laugh:

So I was a little bad, had some jiffy cornbread but i stayed under my carbs by 2 even with orange juice.

Marie, I think morbid obesity is having a BMI over 40 or have 40% or more body fat.

Okay, I googled... it's probably because you have diabetes or other health problems not b/c of your weight.

What is Morbid Obesity?

Morbid obesity is a serious health condition that can interfere with basic physical functions such as breathing or walking. Those who are morbidly obese are at greater risk for illnesses including diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gallstones, osteoarthritis, heart disease, and cancer.

Morbid obesity is diagnosed by determining Body Mass Index (BMI). BMI is defined by the ratio of an individual’s height to his or her weight. Normal BMI ranges from 20-25. See BMI on back panel. An individual is considered morbidly obese if he or she is 100 pounds over his/her ideal body weight, has a BMI of 40 or more, or 35 or more and experiencing obesity-related health conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes.

Lioness- hopefully you won't have to commute much longer.

Hammbone, I didn't go to the store today! But now I don't know what I'll have for breakfast in the morning. I have 1 egg:laugh:
    Hope everyone else is doing good Diana, hope your mom's dr appt went well.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing sounds fun! Might have to check into that!

Ivy...a shortage...that is funny! Me too!

I have another question for you all....how many carbs per day do you usually aim for AND at what level do you typically see the best weight loss?
  • CALIECAT
    Options

I have another question for you all....how many carbs per day do you usually aim for AND at what level do you typically see the best weight loss?

Diana, right now I am keeping my carbs doew to 20 gr per day/. [ 5 carbs every 5 hours.] I had to go back to step 1 of my program. When i get back in step 2 I will hat between 11 to 20 carbs every 5 hours. till I get to go On matainance I have not read that far yet, for I have along way to go.
    Marie
  • ivykivy
    Options
    I usually try to keep them above 60g and under 120g (or 35%). If I am active I can eat 200-300 as long as I eat them around my activity.

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

I am trying to stay between 0 and 25 carbs per day as this is when I lose the best. That is eating a lot of protein and lots of fresh, uncooked veggies..........I am struggling with this because it is too cold to eat raw veggies. brrrrrrr ( I know, mind over matter, but still.......brrrrrrrrrrrrr)
  • CALIECAT
    Options

Had a good workout yesterday athe theartpist. Am to take my Bathing suit tomorrow when I go. Had Gave me some exercise to do at home, another corisone treatment

Good to see you drop in Lioness, You can do it..

I stayed within my carg limits yesterday. On this Met B diet I am on they don't count the carbs in the light veggies. Light sour cream , cottage cheese, ricotta cheese. so It is pretty easy to stay withng the 5 carbs a meal every 5 hours. I really like this program.

Diana, Ivy, Amy, Hambone, Jeni Good morning to you guys.
    Have a wonderful day. and lots of <<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>
    Marie
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Marie, glad you are doing better. My sister does water aerobics and enjoys it a lot.

I had way to much sodium yesterday. I ate sliced ham and greek yogurt all day which is shameful. I did get 5 serving of veggies in so that was a plus. Today and tomorrow I'll be doing a sodium purge.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • HAMMBONE
    Options
    Hey Ladies, quick check in....
    I will try to make time to do individual post later, much later...lol

Didn't do well over the weekend... go figure!!!! arrrggghhhh

Have a great day
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Hamborn We all have days like that. I am doing pretty good onthis Met B diet. I Don't get hunry. But I can always eat, thats my problem. A little flip of the switch

Ivy, What is a sodium purge how do you do it.
    I made a flax muffin today and added spicnach to it. It was pretty good.
    Made some soup out of stir fries beggies and took the carrots out. befor I cook them So I had a good mess of veggies for lunch.

To all the others Lets Flip that switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure hope Mine stays on.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    So today was a bust. I haven't got to exercise. I didn't get to go to the store so I have nothing to eat for dinner. I spent 4 hours with my sister at the doctor then hospital with only a piece of gum and only had 300 calories for breakfast. So when she stopped to get pizza I figured I'd have a slice BUT SHE DIDNT OFFER ME ANY!!. Luckily I live 20min away and went directly home to eat. Now I have to go to bible class and will be thinking the entire time what's for dinner.

A sodium purge involves lots of water, green tea and high potassium fruits and vegetables (zucchini, spinach) beans, yogurt and no salt in meats. I try to keep my sodium under 1000 and potassium over 3500.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    it's quiet today.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    oops... double post
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Hi just got back from thearpy. The water felt so good and no pain while in the pool. That was nice.
    But it all return getting out. I don't go back till next Monday. Ashame on your sister, ivy for not offering you a piece of pizza. I guess she was just trying to help you on your plan.

How is the rest of you doing today. As for me I am going to have a nice bowl of chicken and veggies soup and a flax muffin.
    and then take a nap.

Have a good day.

Marie
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Ivy....(((HUG)))) sorry your day was so frustrating! I guess having a back up of some sort would be good to have in the cupboard. Maybe a soup on the go or something like that? Since you shop daily, which by the way, I used to do that too when the little store in town was right across the street from where I worked. I actually saved a lot of money that way.

Marie...glad to hear you enjoyed your swimming!

Everyone have a good day!