Low Carb-ers Challenge Part 7 Welcome all

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Hey am I the first one to report in this morning. I got my exercise in this morning

I got to change my ticker last night. A 5 lb lost Who Hoo so far for this year. this is going to be the year.
    Marie
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Marie! That is awesome. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your water class.

My butt is on fire from Taebo. I will persevere and do the couch to 5k today though.

One of the ladies at our church passed away this morning. I had told another older lady I would take her but I did not. I felt bad and called to apologize. My mom said her kids/grans could have taken her but they just are so wrapped up in themselves they don't. I was always taught never to forget those who have helped you the most and when you find opportunities to give, do it. But in my experience with my grandma, the people who she has helped the most do the least and that is very sad.

Sorry for the downer.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear you are feeling down. Don't blame yourself for not taking her...I know it will feel like you did something wrong but it is o.k. to not run for others all the time. You are probably a giver/nurterer type and you feel like you failed when something like this happens....but you didn't fail, YOU are important too. I am sure you help more people than will ever reciprocate because that is what you were taught and how you live your life, and don't you think your way is a much better way, no matter what others do?

No man has ever seen, heard or even imagined the wondeful things God has in store for those who love the Lord (Corinthians 2:9)

Have a nice cup of coffee or tea, light a candle, and curl up with a good book for an hour...ahhhh! (((HUGS)))
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Thank you Diana.:flowerforyou: I guess that is one of Satan's tools- discouragement. But I will not be defeated.
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    Quick check in.
    Hope everyone is doing well....

Going out of town and will be back late tomorrow evening.

Get your game face on and let's have a LOSERS weekend!!!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Yesterday I pushed through C25k I couldn't finish it all but I will keep at it. Hope everyone has a beautiful sunny friday. It is rainy here... good sleeping weather so I see a nap in my future.

Have a great day.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

hi Hambone, I am looking for a 1 lb lost by Monday. No room for errors. Hope I make it.

Ivy, you are doing just fine. You are # 1 in my books
    . Don't let anybody tell you difference.

Diana, You make everyone feels so good.

Amy, Did you try out the flax muffin yet. I am going to put some ginger in my next batch and have some ginger muffins.
    for some reason I feel like haing a ginger bread man.

Lioness, Hope all is well with you.

What is you all goal for your next weigh in?? I want to lose something every week if it is just 1/2 lb. No gains ......NO DON'T WANT TO BE CALLED MORBID OBEASE ANY MORE.

Got back from my Kidney doctor and everything look fine. My count went up an my count, which is a good thing.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Good morning all! Why is it that I don't want to get out of bed during the work week but on Saturday I can't sleep past 5:30 a.m.? That is backwards!

Checked this morning and I am finally in ketosis so the weight should start dropping a little faster. I do weigh myself everyday because it helps me stay motivated and in check. I don't think I stepped on the scale but twice during Nov. and Dec and ended up gaining 13 lbs. Just a little helper for me. But since the news feed reports every little ounce we loose, you will probably see it on there DAILY! lol Hopefully you will anyway!

I have a lot to get accomplished today but I am going to try and fit in a taebo workout. I should be exhausted by tonight but am supposed to go see a movie tonight....we'll see! lol

Marie, the way the weight has leaving you I think you will hit the 1 lb lost by Monday.

Ivy...a nap on a rainy day...ahhh that is just cozy! Are your spirits a little more lifted? And by the way, yes, taebo will definately kick your rear end. I saw the best all over body toning when I was doing that and kickboxing at least twice a week. It even got rid of the little fat bulge at the to of the thighs! Very good workout and burns a ton of calories.

Hambone, hope you had a safe trip and were able to stay on plan...that is hard when traveling!

Jeni...where are you? You o.k.?

Amy and all the names I can't remember (sorry my weakness) I hope things are going well!

Have a lovely day everyone!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Marie, I just got done eating one of your flax meal muffins. I put some walnuts in it this time. Gosh Ithey are so filling....I can only eat half of it!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Marie, I just got done eating one of your flax meal muffins. I put some walnuts in it this time. Gosh Ithey are so filling....I can only eat half of it!

Diana, I just mae a gingerbread bundt cake out of the same recipes only added bunch of sweet spices , oh so good. but i like spice cakes.
    Marie
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Marie, thank you for your kindness.:flowerforyou: Ginger flax bread sounds good. How many cups of flax meal did you have to use. I meant to make so muffins last night so I'd have something for breakfast but didn't so I didn't get breakfast this morning. I ending up eating too make at the repast of our church member who did. I guess it will be veggies and meat for the next few days.

Diana I know what you mean about waking up bright and early on Saturday. What I hate is waking up 45 min before you have to. I feel better today that you guys for your kind words.:flowerforyou:

You guys are big losers! I have not lost any. For some reason my weight stays stable for a month or two then goes down when I eat maintenance. I don't think I'm eating enough. Sometimes I wonder if I am still hyperthyroid.

Hambone hope you had a good trip!

Amy, Jeni, Lioness hang in there.

Have a good evening
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Here is what i dump in

the gingerbread cake in the bundt pan was delicious. I like sweet spicy stuff.
    Here is my recipe:

Since this is a throw together let me know how you would make it

1 1/2 cup ground flax seeds,
    3/4 c splenda
    1 1/2 baking powder
    2 t ginger
    1 t vanalia [ I used the powder kind] because I had it on hand.
    1 t. ground clove
    1 t. allspice.
    1 t. cinnamon
    1/4 t salt
    If you don't like it so spicy cut down on some of it.
    Mixed well

1 1/2 c egg beaters of eggs
    1/4 cup butter
    1/4 c sour cream

stir well pour into bundt pan spray with pam Or I surpose a 8/8 sq. pan would do.

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!!!

I know I have been MIA again. This week has been a busy one. I have been going to Curves and working on my thesis paper in the evenings. I got really good news for my first month weigh-in at Curves. I had only come down 2 pounds since the 22nd of December(I had gained then lost some from the beef) but I also lost an inch in my arms, legs, hips, and bust and a half inch from my waist!!!!!:drinker: Since I was down 9.5 units I got my name onthe Curves wall of dreams. I am so happy. I am going to lose more weight this month and I hope to lose more inches as well. Just need to stay on track with my modern cavewoman diet.

Marie I was going to try the flax bread this morning started measuring everything out(dry first) and we didn't have any baking powder so I went to the store today and got some. I am making it in the orning I will let you know how it comes out. Thanks again for the recipe!:flowerforyou: I am allergic to cinnamon and clove so can't do the gingerbread unless just more allspice will work.

Have a great Sunday all!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Good Sunday morning all you fellow low carb lifestylers! It is a little gloomy outside this morning and just 23 deg but I am putting my coat on and going to go sit outside with my coffee! This is THE favorite simple pleasure in my life and it is driving me nuts that I haven't been able to go out because it has been so cold. I went out yesterday and I am going out here in just a few minutes!

Last night, a friend and I were going to go see a movie but she was really wound up so we ended up going dancing instead. I danced for like 3 hours! Can you say "OUCH" lol My knees and hips are killing this old lady! I was a good girl and didn't drink but I think from staying up so late, I still feel like I have a hangover a little bit! lol At least I wasn't the oldest person there! lol

Marie, your cake sounds good...spice cake is my favorite too and that sounds yummy. Does anyone know of a really good frosting to put on it or did you figure that out too Marie. I have to tell you I have never heard of powdered vanilla before! Interesting.

Amy, you are doing SO wonderful! Congrats on the wall of dreams! What is the modern cavewoman diet?

Ivy kivy... how are you this lovely Lords day?!

Hambone...did you make it home o.k.?

Lioness and Jeni....hope you check in soon!

O.k.....outside with my coffee I go! Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
    Oh Diana, I would not go out in the cold with my coffee. It would freeze before I could drink it.
    we don't know how to enjoy the cold weather here. But enjoy your coffee.

Amy, You can put what you like in it I uaed just ginger the first time. I just used the 3 minute muffin recipe and left out the cinnamon and cocoa and the other spices and jut used ginger, I put some Land of lakes ready whipped topping on mine.

hello , Hambone Hope you got back from your trip and safly back in Texas In time for another round of cold wether.

Jeni, Hello to you and a great big <<<<hugs>>>>>

Lioness, Popped in soon.

:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Marie

:heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Good Afternoon.

It's a good day from some nice hot coffee Diana and a wonderful piece of spice flax cake. I wish you all could email me both!

Congrat Amy and Diana on today's weight loss.

Have a wonderful day.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    The caveman diet I use is Primal Blueprint. It's not as strict low carb as Atkins and it works. He suggests you stay below or at 100gm of carb a day to lose and between 100-150 to stay healthy after losing. No grains at all, no beans, no potatoes(except an occasional sweet potato). Mostly fruits, veggies, meats/eggs/fish/poultry, fats(oils), nuts and seeds. I like the variety I can eat better than on Atkins and I still keep my insulin in check so I process the carbs I eat instead of storing them. I have a hard time getting all my calories in but I am working on finding snacks like pork rinds to bring them up. I also work out 4-6 times a week at Curves. He suggests slow paced exercise several days a week, with heavy lifting or more intense muscle work out a couple times a week. No heavy aerobics and no lengthy workouts heart rate at 50% not 75-85% like the aerobic instructors tell you. So my Curves workout does that for me I get weight training with the resistance machines and I go slow on the recovery/aerobic squares.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Amy this flax's bread and muffin
    will fit right in with your diet plan. except the carbs are a lot lower on Step one== about 20 gr a day.
    Step 2 about 90 to 100. I have not look at step 3 yet which is mantance for I have a long way to go. The plan I am on count the fiber off of cas and we go by the net carbs. So that make these muffin 0 carbs. And all the light veggies are free too,

Marie
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Good happy day to all! Well it is Monday and the weekend passed without the scale going up! Wonderful! My 3 day weekends can make me backtrack if I am not careful and this weekend did not win! Ya! So I am hoping by this Friday I will have lost at least another 2 lbs...maybe more. By the end of February I want to be back to where I was in November and by my birthday in March I want to see my weight at what I got it down to in August. That means my ticker will say 33 lbs lost so far! Then I will be within 13 lbs of my goal and the work will get really hard! At that point I will be happy with at least 1/2 lb a week. But I am determined to get this 'project' done! It has lasted too long and it needs to be finished and my procrastination needs to stop!

So let's get reved up and determined and DO THIS!

Happy day to all!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Diana I lost my lb. this Monday morning. Only 28 lbs to reach my goal.

I haven't ime to chat on my way to the thearpy and the water.

Marie