Low Carb-ers Challenge Part 7 Welcome all

Options

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Amy sorry about your ankle. At least you can still walk.

I'm not Catholic either but I consider it a 40 day challenge. Last year I did the lent bible reading @ biblegateway.com. This year I decided to add something instead of give up something - an afternoon devotional and acknowledging 5 good qualities about me and counting my blessings.

I'm currently doing Couch to 5k and the naysayer in me is always saying You can't do it, you're too fat. But today I made it through by telling myself I could do it. I may be fat but I'm strong.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good afternoon, well almost for me.

It feels real nice outside. But they are saying may have more snow next week. I hope it is not as much as last time.

I think for lunch it will have grilled fish and cabbage and onions. I bought me some fresh beets at the store this morning and got to look up and see how you roast them. I think I read somewhere that you leave the bottom and top on and roast them wi th the skin on them and and cut them off after they are rossted Any body knows for sure????/

Have a great afternoon

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good afternoon, well almost for me.

It feels real nice outside. But they are saying may have more snow next week. I hope it is not as much as last time.

I think for lunch it will have grilled fish and cabbage and onions. I bought me some fresh beets at the store this morning and got to look up and see how you roast them. I think I read somewhere that you leave the bottom and top on and roast them wi th the skin on them and and cut them off after they are rossted Any body knows for sure????/

Have a great afternoon

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad:

:mad: :explode: :devil: :mad: :explode: :devil:

Hey where is everybody?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    MIssed you guys

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Marie
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Good Evening,

It was sunny here today although a little windy. I got in a good workout today despite not wanting to do it. Hopefully it burned off some the the crap I ate yesterday. The second half of my weight is being very stubborn. I can't wait till i can run longer maybe I will be able to run the fat away.

Marie, not sure how to cook beets. I've actually never seen fresh beets.

Where's Diana? Hope she is having a great week.

Hope everyone has a good night.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ivy, I found out your cut the leaves off, Wash them real good and rub oil all over the and baked at 350 degree for about an hour. When cool peel the skin off and the top and the roots And slice them , I didn't cooked them today but will tomorrow.
    Marie
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lioness!:flowerforyou:

Marie let me know how they taste after you roast the beets. Sounds yummy!:bigsmile:

I have done well this week. I have lost the 4 I gained plus 3 more pounds by going completely grain free since Wed. I started off with a protein shake fast on Wednesday most of the day and then chicken and veggies for dinner and then no grain or potatoes not even sweet potatoes. I can't believe I have dropped 7 pounds since Tuesday. Two more pounds and I will have lost 200!!!! Maybe that will be tomorrow morning.:wink:

Ivy that sounds like a great idea and i will check out the website too.:flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Oh forgot to tell you all I interviewed for a new position next year at a new technical academy here in Vegas and I got the job so I will transfer next year. I am soooo excited! They require 4 years of Spanish for all students since they are training to be future police, 911, CSI, rescue, etc.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had a post but lost it. I think I forgot to post replly. I do that stupid thing all the time.

:heart: Amy....congrat on your weight lost and on....... your new position next year. You go girl

:heart: Ivy........., Spring is just around the corner and I for one will be glad

:heart: :heart: .....Diana we missed you. hope all is fine.

:heart: .....Hambone where the heck are you?.....How much snow did you get. we had about 8 inches. Too much for me.

:heart: Lioness......My husband is from Ill,,,,in a town called Centralia....He don't have any kinfolks living there now. He has only one sister and one brother and they both live in Kansas,

Sring is coming and lets get back on track. We can do it. Lets play some tuff love around here. Lets get off our rear and get our exercise in and some good wholesome food.

Love ......Marie:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am going to have to give Kale a trial. Never eaten it before. All I have cook is spinach and turnips greens. Need to be trying some new veggies. Marie
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Amy, congrats on the weight loss and the new job.

Marie, I do need to get back on track. I'm going to do a try a new veggie challenge for myself. I have never tried mustard greens. Dr. Oz talked about them on his show. I also want to try Napa Cabbage, Fennel and Bok Choy.

Does anyone know how to cook any of these?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Never cook none of them Ivy. Seems like I cooked nappa cabbage once. It was milder than the regular. But for some resons I have never tryied them again. I'll put that on my list to try. Today it will be rosted beets.

Marie
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    They can all be stir fried with a little olive oil. For mustard greens I like to render a little bacon or fatback in a pot then add the greens and cover with a little water. They cook down alot so a little water goes a long way. Add salt and pepper and some onion and garlic powder too and let simmer until they are tender. Kale I saw on the food network and they rolled it up really tight then cut it into little strips and sauteed it with garlic in olive oil. Bacon would probably make that yummy too!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Amy I did roast some beets, but they were very messy. I think I will stick to canned ones and add vinegar and splenda to them , s lot less fussmto them/. I did fry me some cabbage and onions and the were delish, So you would cooked all the greens sort of like spinach.

Marie
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Yes all of the greens are pretty much the same. Kale takes a little more cook time since it is more fibrous. I looked at the price of beets and decided to pass :laugh: . Red cabbage has the same nutrients as grapes and is good for your heart I might try it in my fried cabbage next time.:flowerforyou:

Today I am officially down 200 pounds from when I started.:drinker: Yesterday the scale read 335.5 so I still had a half a pound to go but today I was slightly under the 335 mark so officially 200 lost! I almost cried it has been a very tough journey these past few years with losing my mom and my grandmother and moving across country being away from family but I have faced alot of the demons that were keeping me heavy. I am still a work in progress but I'm closer to a Picasso now :laugh: . Thanks for all the help and encouragement!:flowerforyou: :heart
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Yeah a 200 lb lost. That is fantastic. so proud of you..
    I will stick to canned beets from now on. I had red juice all over my hands and nails..
    I have never tried red cabbage before except some in a salad., Never have cook any. Another veggies to put on my list.

Keep up the good work.

:heart: marie:heart:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Sorry I have been MIA but I have been way too busy. My youngest son's birthday was Thursday so I had to get ready for that, then mom had a dr. apt on Friday and yesterday was my son's official birthday party with 6, 10-14 yr olds! It was fun and all went well but I am whipped! Mom started getting sick last night and is actually in bed right now. I didn't even make it to church today and had to cancel lunch plans with a friend. It has been snowing here since Thursday evening. I have shoveled my sidewalk and driveway and the lady next door's side walk and driveway twice since Friday morning! Who needs the gym when you get to do all that squating and lifting! lol

Anyway...life is good and now can get back to normal...I hope.

Marie, you can also boil beets. Leave the top and root on, boil until tender then let them cool. Under cold water, rub them and the skin will just fall off and with the cold water running over them, your hands wont get stained.

I love sausage, cabbage, onion and tomatoe fried...sooooo very yummy!

Well off to do some laundry! Hope all is well with everyone!
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    AMY!!! Congrats! 200 lb's is amazing! What willpower you have! And the new job sounds like a great opportunity for you! Wonderful!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Amy Congrats on losing 200 pounds!

Diana, glad to you son enjoyed his party. Hope your mom feels better.

Marie, I like red cabbage and I don't like many veggies. I used to use the red cabbage in a science experiment with students as an indicator dye. So you may want to stir fry it and not boil it unless you have something you want dyed.

I ended up steaming my kale in a frying pan w/water and minced onions for 10min. I prefer my veggies or the raw side. I had soggy veggies.

Have a good afternoon
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I had a post but lost it. I think I forgot to post replly. I do that stupid thing all the time.

:heart: Amy....congrat on your weight lost and on....... your new position next year. You go girl

:heart: Ivy........., Spring is just around the corner and I for one will be glad

:heart: :heart: .....Diana we missed you. hope all is fine.

:heart: .....Hambone where the heck are you?.....How much snow did you get. we had about 8 inches. Too much for me.

:heart: Lioness......My husband is from Ill,,,,in a town called Centralia....He don't have any kinfolks living there now. He has only one sister and one brother and they both live in Kansas,

Sring is coming and lets get back on track. We can do it. Lets play some tuff love around here. Lets get off our rear and get our exercise in and some good wholesome food.

Love ......Marie:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

Marie - It is truly a small world..................I grew up about 35 miles south of Centralia, straight down Illinois Highway 51 in Du Quoin, IL. I bet your husband would know something about the Du Quoin State Fair growing up in the same area I grew up in!!!