Low Carb-ers Challenge Part 7 Welcome all

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lioness I have been down Highway 51 a few times,. All I remember that all the little towns had a beer joint on the highway.

Happy Low carb eating everybody.

Marie
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lioness I have been down Highway 51 a few times,. All I remember that all the little towns had a beer joint on the highway.

Happy Low carb eating everybody.

Marie

Yes, Southern Illinois towns are full of Pollocks and we love to drink beer!!! In all small towns around here you will find churches and bars. LOL
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Hope everyone is having a good week. I ate a lot more Sunday and that night my body turned into an oven, the same last night. Hopefully it was burning fat and not just boiling water. Maybe it's hot flashes. I finished week 5 of C25K yesterday and was able to jog 20 minutes. Hopefully in 3-4 weeks I will be able to jog 30 straight minutes without wanting to pass out.
    I was given some breaded fish. Yesterday I was a bad girl and didn't wash it off. Today I will because the breading was thicker than the fish and was not tasty.

Hope has a good day.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Ivy I bread my chicken, etc. with flax meal and coconut flour it's delish!

Another 2 pounds down this week!:drinker:

My goal is under 300 by the end of the school year in June. so 33 to go to that goal.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ivy I bread my chicken, etc. with flax meal and coconut flour it's delish!

Another 2 pounds down this week!:drinker:

My goal is under 300 by the end of the school year in June. so 33 to go to that goal.

amy I have been thinking of doing just that. Thanks.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Making a fly by post real fast just to say HI!!!

Happy Low Carbing and hope to see you all later this evening!!!
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Amy congrats on the pounds. Does coconut flour taste like coconut. I presume you get it at the health food/herbal store.
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Good afternoon.

I tried mustard greens today (the store was out of kale) and they are the most bitter things I have tasted in my life. I'm gonna have to put them in the column with brussel sprouts. Ivy no like.

Have great afternoon.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Good afternoon.

I tried mustard greens today (the store was out of kale) and they are the most bitter things I have tasted in my life. I'm gonna have to put them in the column with brussel sprouts. Ivy no like.

Have great afternoon.

LOL, I love them. Maybe they are an acquired taste...............
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Ivy when cooking greens you should pour the water off at least once if boiling and mustard greens should always be boiled to get rid of the bitterness. I add a bit of vinegar when I cook them they are my fav greens. I miss my grandmother's greens garden we had fresh greens into late fall until the frost killed them. Coconut flour does taste like coconut but when you fry it it changes taste and there is not much of the coconut taste left. I get mine online at Tropical Traditions. I am on their email list and they send me the specials I got 4.4 pounds for $17.00 and no shipping costs. You can mill your own from unsweetened coconut too.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Ivy when cooking greens you should pour the water off at least once if boiling and mustard greens should always be boiled to get rid of the bitterness. I add a bit of vinegar when I cook them they are my fav greens. I miss my grandmother's greens garden we had fresh greens into late fall until the frost killed them. Coconut flour does taste like coconut but when you fry it it changes taste and there is not much of the coconut taste left. I get mine online at Tropical Traditions. I am on their email list and they send me the specials I got 4.4 pounds for $17.00 and no shipping costs. You can mill your own from unsweetened coconut too.

I got my coconut flour from my local Coop. I mixed the coconut flour with Almond Flour to coat my chicken with tonight and fried it in a combination of coconut oil and rendered bacon grease.

Yumm, it was goooood.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My veggies yesterday was shredded cabbage, onions, and Brocolli steam in a microwave steamer, on high for 6 minutes,Added 1 t of olive oil a some nature seasoning. Love it. Have enought for lunch today.With some turkey sasage. I buy a head of cabbage and get my processor out and slice it up and usally get 4 bags of shedded cabbage to eat on for a week. also slice up some onions and bag them up. As soon as I used all of this up I will get some Nappa cabbage and try that.

Have a good day

Marie.

PS I like all of these ideals you guys are posting. Keep it up. I have a blog on my diet, Just go to news brief and click on it to get to it.
    I see Lioness has started one too. That's good Its a good way to keep your records. Love it.
  • jeni26
    jeni26 Posts: 383
    Options
    Hi all

Miss ya'

Everywhere I go everyone is losing but me. I am not good this time of year. I have not been able to eat without throwing up so I'm going to go back to a liquid diet today. It hurts so much to be sick like I have been.

All the veggies sound so good. I've just done so much damage to my body I could hardly drink my coffee this morning.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Jeni add veggies to your shakes. Raw spinach does real well in the blender with some berries and protein. Hope you feel better!:flowerforyou:

I met a lady at my Curves weightloss class last night that I just couldn't help but help. She was just put on two meds for type 2 diabetes and she is so young. I asked her if she would like for me to help her work out a meal plan that would help lower her sugar and she was all for it so I sat down with her and told her about Primal and we took her normal food for the day and made it Primal. I also gave her the website. I hope I helped her. She seemed ready to really make a change for the better to get back off the meds. Her sugar was above 300 when she saw the Doc last and she had gotten it to 185 with the meds so I told her to be very careful to check her sugar often and once the numbers started getting in normal range to see her Doc again to consult about getting back off the meds. It felt good to be able to help someone.:bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    Options
    Jeni, sorry you are feeling better. I hope Amy's suggestion on the veggie shake works.

Amy that is great that you are helping her. Each one teach one. I tried the mustard greens with the vinegar and poured off the water and they were a little less bitter.

Marie, I looked at the napa cabbage yesterday but it was wilty. Can you buy wilted cabbage? I really should grow my own but there are lot of deer here and I'd be really mad if they ate all my veggies.

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Jeni add veggies to your shakes. Raw spinach does real well in the blender with some berries and protein. Hope you feel better!:flowerforyou:

I met a lady at my Curves weightloss class last night that I just couldn't help but help. She was just put on two meds for type 2 diabetes and she is so young. I asked her if she would like for me to help her work out a meal plan that would help lower her sugar and she was all for it so I sat down with her and told her about Primal and we took her normal food for the day and made it Primal. I also gave her the website. I hope I helped her. She seemed ready to really make a change for the better to get back off the meds. Her sugar was above 300 when she saw the Doc last and she had gotten it to 185 with the meds so I told her to be very careful to check her sugar often and once the numbers started getting in normal range to see her Doc again to consult about getting back off the meds. It felt good to be able to help someone.:bigsmile:

I don't know if you all remember but I was doing that last year.

My "green" shake included:

Collard Greens
    Spinach
    Pear
    Strawberries
    blue berries
    Blackberries
    Mountain High Full Fat Yogurt
    Jay Robb Protein Powder

Yummo!!! I might need to start making them again..............
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Amy -

That was great of you to offer to help her. Most people (as we see on this site) don't want to hear about doing a low carb plan, even when it would be beneficial to their health.................
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Jeni, sorry you are feeling better. I hope Amy's suggestion on the veggie shake works.

Amy that is great that you are helping her. Each one teach one. I tried the mustard greens with the vinegar and poured off the water and they were a little less bitter.

Marie, I looked at the napa cabbage yesterday but it was wilty. Can you buy wilted cabbage? I really should grow my own but there are lot of deer here and I'd be really mad if they ate all my veggies.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ivy - I know you don't like many different veggies, but just give it time and try one new veggie every couple of weeks.

You will find your taste buds changing and you will like things you never thought you would!!!

I promise. :happy:
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Jeni -

I hope you are taking care of yourself and start feeling better soon.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Ivy have you tried the mashed cauliflower? I boil and mash it then add full fat cream cheese and seasonings, cheese, etc( bacon and chives are good) they tastelike loaded mashed potatoes that way. Yum!:bigsmile:

Lioness I know what you mean. They have been brain washed by the government that is getting kickbacks from the grain industry so they cannot even accept good sound judgement. :sad: