Low Carb-ers Challenge Part 7 Welcome all

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Another great low-carb day - day number two! I'm loving this diet. Lots of fat, creamy dairy, LOL (I'm not looking for ultra low-carb), meat, and fresh fruits and veggies. I'm not really missing the grains or sugars at all. I had a little bit of the munchies today, but they were easily satisfied. I think I'm really going to like this way of eating.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    We are about to reach 500 post and t hey will close us up unless we change it. Altho they will automatic do it. If we don't. But does some else like to do it for awhile. I think we are on 480 ot clse to it. only 20 post left for oart . so if anyone want to do it you are welcome. Let me know.

Marie
  • jeni26
    jeni26 Posts: 383
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone

Marie - I think we should let it roll over?

Spring is here in upstate NY, did some spring cleaning this weekend, had doors open for a bit, gt to walk outside, actually just got back from my 6 mile walk,

Hope you all had a nice weekend and have a good day
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I have been so busy....I have not logged in about a month! lol Back at it today though. Thank goodness I haven't gained anything but I have been very active so I sure that is party the reason.

Voluntered at my son's school on Friday, saw the play 'Guys and Dolls' at the college that night. Saturday went for a bike ride. Yesterday, went to church, grocery shopping and cleaned to get ready for the new week!

Got the good foods, the attitude and the movtivation! Let's kick some rear this week! Wanna give ourselves a challenge? I will be down 2lbs by next Monday! Anyone else????
  • jeni26
    Options
    I would love to say i'm with you on the -2 but it's my bday week so I'm giong to be happy to maintain
    :)
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jeni!!! This is my birthday month too! I knew there was another reason I liked you! lol
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jeni!!!

Marie - I am happy to see that you are liking the vegetarian thing. I wouldn't last 20 minutes as I love meat too much to give it up and the meat and fat helps to keep me full and not over eat.

I agree with Jeni, just let the thread roll over to the new one when we reach the 500 mark.

See our new addition to our family? We got her last Thursday. She is honorary, but precious at the same time. We named her Koko.
  • jeni26
    Options
    Thank you all

Diana - when is yours? Happy Birthday :)

Lioness-how cute

Beautiul weather going on here - just got in from my 6 miles, and on a major mission to get back to work.
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, haven't been here in awhile. Can't seem to get my act together for some reason...

Happy Birthday Jen!!!! (and the rest of the March birthdays)

Ohhhhh Lioness, your pup is just tooooo cute!!!! What did you name him/her?

Hey Calie, you are doing great!!!

Sorry didn't have time to read much so everyone I missed, have a great day.
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    DUH.... guess if I had read instead of scanning I would see Lioness's pet is a her and her name is KOKO.... hee hee
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good hearing from you Hambone.

Lioness, what a cute little puppy.

Diana, Good to see you back.

Amy how are you doing?

Ivy, You seems like a busy gal.

I see you all later.
    Love, Marie
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Happy Birthday Jeni and Diana!

Keep plugging away hammbone it'll come off.

Hi calie how is the vegetarian life going.

Congrats on the puppy lioness.

Amy hope the thesis is coming along. I am thinking about your sister also. Hope things have gone well.

have a good afternoon.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

The puppy is keeping us busy, but everyone is doing well.

I had a phone interview with Anheuser Busch today as a Process Analyst position. They liked me because they called back this afternoon and asked me to a face to face interview. YAY!!!

This job is a really, really good opportunity for me. The pay and the benefits are extremely good!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Looks like thing are a little slow around here.
    The weather has been great the last few days.

Where is this job at. In St. Louis? We will be going up to Sprinfield in Sept. My grandaughter is gettin married. After having a relationship for 4 1/2 years he propose on Valentine Day.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Just dropping in to say Hello. How are we all doing?
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie! We had rain for a couple of days but it is nice and sunny today. I'm working on getting other parts of my life back on track. I let a lot of things slip. It would be so nice if things stayed the way they were supposed to when you ignore them for long periods of time.

Congrats on the interview Lioness. I hope you get the job if it is what you desire.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hey all I had a grueling week, 8 pages of thesis, dedication at my new school for next year, class, cleaned out old apt, and just plain tired. I have eaten way too many carbs this week which is adding to my fatigue. I need to get back to Primal and be a good little cavewoman! :laugh: My sis Mary went to the surgeon and he said it is about 25% cancer and that it was very small, he will remove it and biopsy on Tueday so I will let you all know when I know. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Hey all! Just thought I would drop in and say hello!

Amy, that is good and bad news I suppose. Small % but none the less, cancer. Will continue to pray for her!

Kinda blew it this afternoon. I went to the movie and had a small popcorn with butter! It was good and I don't care....I will never give up my popcorn! lol

BUT..I made a really yummy dinner and wanted to share with all of you because it is really a good low carb meal and very delicious!

Deli roast beef (or your fav. deli meat) cut thick enough so it doesn't fall apart.
    Shredded cheese (whatever kind you like)

Lay a slice of meat out, sprinkle it with cheese, roll it up and put it in a baking dish. Fill the dish or just make enough for you. (the microwave works well for this too)

Once they are cooked and the cheese melted, remove and top with guacamole and sour cream! Just like a taquito! So good! I have even wrapped asparagus, in them.

Have a lovely evening! The tread should be full very soon! What will the new one be called?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    This should do it. Look under Motivation and support. It should be Part 8. But I really don't know for I have always moved it before it reach 500. So we shall see. See you guys.

Marie