No sweets til Christmas~

Options
Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
All right, my friends-- Thanksgiving has come and gone-- let's not wait until Monday-- get rid of the pies and treats, and let's get back at it tomorrow--

Hope you all had a great day today--

No sweets til Christmas-- who's with me? glitter_tree1.gif

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I'm in!

Really enjoyed my turtle pumpkin pie (and the post-race donut, if I'm doing the whole full disclosure deal) today, but I need to get back on track ASAP. Not gettiing rid of my last 3 sugar free puddings though. TOM is in town, and my having them might save someone's life.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm in... with a planned exception of December 4th, when we're celebrating my birthday (which was actually yesterday) with my family since some were out of town for Thanksgiving. I *will* be having a slice of birthday cake that day. :wink:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    I might still have the suar jitters on Monday from all the crap I ate today. I'm with you! Tomorrow I start again.
  • Marla64
    Options
    All right ladies-- way - to - go!!!!

I threw out the rest of my pecan pie-- still have "Mrs. Smith's" apple and pumpkin, a Dutch apple crumb, blueberry, homemade apple and pumpkin brought by a friend-- and a cheesecake.

But, you know, I can pass those up-- (I think-- :wink: )

Seriously-- the pecan would have gone by Monday if I'd have kept it. So I had my piece and chucked it, since really nobody else eats it but me.

Be strong tomorrow-- it's back in the system, so we'll be craving it-- we are stronger than the food, my friends--
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hello my name is Lori and I'm a sugar addict.

It's SO back in my system, it's why alcholics can't have one little drink. ACK! I will have to fight the fight the next few days all the while remembering it gets easier with each day passed.

There is still a pumpkin pie here, an apple pie and the ice cream I ate on top of it. Oh, and candied sweet potatoes which I LOVE. In fact I didn't eat 'dinner', we had our meal earlier, so for dinner I had sweet potatoes, a piece of pumpkin pie, then later for 'dessert' a piece of apple pie and ice cream. :sad: No wonder I wanna barf. Really. Who is gonna follow me around holding up my big fat belly?

I wouldn't even want to guess how many calories I ate, nor would I want to know right now.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hi Lori!!!

I gotta be honest-- I want to barf just hearing about your dinner-- sweets, pie and pie-- because I know how it would make me feel, too--

Be strong today, woman-- you can do this-- you did it for a month. Own the enemy!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    First encounter with sweets-- successful--

Marla 1 - Sweets 0

Woooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Ok, I usually do well staying away from actual processed sugar. What are we counting as "sweets"? Fruit is okay, right, M? What about juice?
    Now that I'm on maintenance, I love some cider occassionally (how many "C"s and "S"es and "L"s in that word anyway?)

Honey????

I'm in if those are allowed....:tongue:
  • Marla64
    Options
    heck, yeah, Cheryl-- those are all good--

I define sweets as the desserts-- cookies, chocolate, doughnuts, cakes, pies-- you know, the naughty stuff--

I personally don't eat sugar free stuff, but some folks in the challenge have their sugar-free puddings--

we're talkin' about the big,bad stuff--
  • Marla64
    Options
    and I think you added the appropriate number of C's, L's and S's--

bravo!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Marla,
    argh I have trouble with that word....thx. I use it enough, you'd think I would know it by now.

Good, I'm in on the no sweets - a month at a time is a good one. And yeah, if there is sugar in the $0.99 Safeway brand 100%whole wheat bread, I'm still buyin' it.

But I am taking up the mantle of getting you to switch to plain yogurt.....:wink:

c41075c0c77a5616502937db90ec8a26.gifDear Mike,

We need spell check.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm already on board with the plain yogurt-- as long as it's not the Greek crap.

Can't take it-- blech.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    I made it out of the grocery store without stopping at the Starbucks for one of the seasonal lattes. So far, so good on the sweets today...going to visit my sister and taking plates to each of them, so that gets rid of some of the pie. It's still in the fridge, so BF is going to have to eat what he's going to soon, or it's going in the trash.

Shuntae 1, Sweets 0
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    I'm already on board with the plain yogurt-- as long as it's not the Greek crap.

Can't take it-- blech.

I like to put fruit in it sometimes, but if I don't have any, I put just a smidge of honey in there and mix it up. Divine snack for 3pm when the rest of the girls are hitting the vending machines.
  • cmriverside
    Options

Can't take it-- blech.

doh.gif I'm kinda out of the loop. I was thinking you may have made that switch! Cool.

Greek is tasty. Kinda like beer though, or coffee. An acquired taste, for sure.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I could probably abide it if it didn't cost so much-- no way I can afford it--

So I live with the plain-- and I've grown to really like it-- some kashi nuggets on-- sometimes a dab of honey--

Actually-- think that's where I'm going now--

Heading out for the afternoon-- later my dessert free friends.

Lori? I can't hear you? Put down the pie and step away!!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody - I just wanted to poke my head in to say hello. With the exceptions of the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas, I have been challenging myself to have ONE (and only one) dessert/sweet per week for a little over a month now. The crazy thing is that I have dropped about 5 pounds after thinking I was probably done losing weight. It's amazing how much more food I eat overall when I am eating sweets! I like the one per week plan because I still get to pick something that I really want, but I'm less likely to "waste" my one dessert on something I don't love (like a doughnut).

My main changes so far have been: no more sugar in my coffee, no artificial sweeteners (I will very occasionally use honey or stevia, but I have found that things like diet soda give me the munchies), plain yogurt most of the time (I haven't switched 100% yet, but when I get the fruit kind I pick the ones with the least sugar, and I only have them a couple times a week). And I'm with you, Marla, on the plain yogurt and Kashi - yum! That or hot cereal w/frozen berries are my standard breakfasts.

So, anyway - great job, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options
    I could probably abide it if it didn't cost so much-- no way I can afford it--

So I live with the plain-- and I've grown to really like it-- some kashi nuggets on-- sometimes a dab of honey--

Actually-- think that's where I'm going now--

Heading out for the afternoon-- later my dessert free friends.

Lori? I can't hear you? Put down the pie and step away!!

I'm here! I have stepped away. I felt gross enough last night to keep me away for a bit. I was Black Friday shopping. Hubs and I went to Subway for lunch. He asked me if I wanted a cookie. Heck yeah! LOL. Not really, but they did LOOK good. So far, I'm winning.

In case you didn't notice when I fall off the sweets wagon I don't even try to chase it. I just dive into the closest sugar pile with my mouth wide open. It's my obsessive personality. I am either all or none. What I wouldn't give for a happy medium.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I have stepped away. I felt gross enough last night to keep me away for a bit. I was Black Friday shopping. Hubs and I went to Subway for lunch. He asked me if I wanted a cookie. Heck yeah! LOL. Not really, but they did LOOK good. So far, I'm winning.

In case you didn't notice when I fall off the sweets wagon I don't even try to chase it. I just dive into the closest sugar pile with my mouth wide open. It's my obsessive personality. I am either all or none. What I wouldn't give for a happy medium.

I'm like Lori and that is why I stopped with last months challenge. I went sugar crazy.

I WILL try this again.

I don't know why I make life so hard for me. I did make crustless pumpkin pie w/ splenda yesterday and chose to eat the store bought pie. YUCK!! Gave most of the rest to hubs.

Today I jumped on the scale and was down weight so happy to see that.

Making cupcakes for the kids and hubs I PROMISE to stay away from them.

We are also making cookies and hot chocolate mix with marshmallows for christmas presents. I HAVE to stay away from them or I will be a blimp!!!!!

So here I am again. TRYING!
  • Marla64
    Options
    all right, ladies-- good job-- just staying cognizant of the sweets is a major victory-- how many times, for how many years, did we pop them into our mouths without a thought or care? And how many pounds have we lost since taking captive these things?

One victory at a time, peeps-- lets get 'er done.