No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    lol no I'm not into ice cream... is that weird?? It just doesn't appeal to me...

I'm getting a grilled chicken caesar salad and using my own dressing at home so I know the calorie content of it and a fruit n yogurt parfait, all that adds up to 370cals.... I may skip the parfait.. not sure... Its hard to guesstimate the cals I ate today in class so I'd rather go on the low side for dinner..
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    lol no I'm not into ice cream... is that weird?? It just doesn't appeal to me...

I'm getting a grilled chicken caesar salad and using my own dressing at home so I know the calorie content of it and a fruit n yogurt parfait, all that adds up to 370cals.... I may skip the parfait.. not sure... Its hard to guesstimate the cals I ate today in class so I'd rather go on the low side for dinner..

The parfait ticks me off-- same price, almost half the size-- I love 'em, but boycott 'em these days.

I'm sure McDonald's is devastated. :ohwell:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Brenda- 2
    Sweets- 0

AND I just came back from Wal-Mart...I was so tempted. Really, having a set date helps keep you motivated, because if I wasn't doing this challenge, I would be enjoying some chocolate right now. lol
  • Marla64
    Options
    Brenda- 2
    Sweets- 0

AND I just came back from Wal-Mart...I was so tempted. Really, having a set date helps keep you motivated, because if I wasn't doing this challenge, I would be enjoying some chocolate right now. lol

Brenda-- that's great-- after Christmas, let's pick another one-- Valentine's Day? Martin Luther King, Jr. day? Somethin' to keep it goin'. I feel so much better.
  • Marla64
    Options
    oh yeah-- this one's in the bag today-- I forget my score, but I think it's
    Marla - 4
    Sweets - 0
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Brenda- 2
    Sweets- 0

Congrats...I had the same issue yesterday when I was in there, but yay for both of us!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Another day down...

Shuntae 4, Sweets 0.

Question: What do y'all think about the flavored peanut butters, e.g., Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams? It is peanut butter and has no refined sugar, but cocoa is an ingredient. I haven't eaten it yet, so don't try to take back my days :laugh: Just wondering.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    oh yeah-- this one's in the bag today-- I forget my score, but I think it's
    Marla - 4
    Sweets - 0

Whoo hoo!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Yes Marla I hate that the parfait got smaller too, but the price stayed the same. boo... I'm sure they have taken notice to your parfait boycott =P And I'm all for picking Valentine's Day as our next goal!! I think in a way we're just teaching ourself that sweets are ok at times but shouldn't be a daily thing

Way to go Brenda!! Keep up the hard work!! Take the money you saved from not buying the chocolate and buy a cute nail polish n give urself a quick manicure to celebrate lol Or just save the money for something better.

So I only got the salad, thanks to Marla and her parfait boycott! The pecan pie on the counter was calling my name though and...... I brushed my teeth, flossed, mouthwashed and am no longer tempted!! Im a big "white-teeth" fanatic so once I brush and go through my whole routine I won't eat for the rest of the night =)

Stay strong ladies!!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Another day down...

Shuntae 4, Sweets 0.

Question: What do y'all think about the flavored peanut butters, e.g., Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams? It is peanut butter and has no refined sugar, but cocoa is an ingredient. I haven't eaten it yet, so don't try to take back my days :laugh: Just wondering.

Congrats!!! I wouldn't count peanut butter as a sweet even if it has cocoa in it. But I'd watch out to see if it has HFCS in it as a sweetener instead. That stuff is horrible for you and you'd be better off eating the same amount of calories worth of sugar than that.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Another day down...

Shuntae 4, Sweets 0.

Congrats!!! I wouldn't count peanut butter as a sweet even if it has cocoa in it. But I'd watch out to see if it has HFCS in it as a sweetener instead. That stuff is horrible for you and you'd be better off eating the same amount of calories worth of sugar than that.

No HFCS in there. Ingredients are: peanuts, evaporated cane juice, cocoa, cocoa butter, organic palm oil, vanilla, salt. I love this stuff with Granny Smith apples. I like to eat it at work when everyone else is hitting the vending machines.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yes Marla I hate that the parfait got smaller too, but the price stayed the same. boo... I'm sure they have taken notice to your parfait boycott =P And I'm all for picking Valentine's Day as our next goal!! I think in a way we're just teaching ourself that sweets are ok at times but shouldn't be a daily thing

Way to go Brenda!! Keep up the hard work!! Take the money you saved from not buying the chocolate and buy a cute nail polish n give urself a quick manicure to celebrate lol Or just save the money for something better.

So I only got the salad, thanks to Marla and her parfait boycott! The pecan pie on the counter was calling my name though and...... I brushed my teeth, flossed, mouthwashed and am no longer tempted!! Im a big "white-teeth" fanatic so once I brush and go through my whole routine I won't eat for the rest of the night =)

Stay strong ladies!!

Yayyyy-- I'm so proud of you! Way to go-- and major kudos on the pecan pie-- I threw mine out Thanksgiving night after I had my piece--

I vote yes on the peanut butter if it doesn't have the HFCS, like you said-- actually-- it sounds delicious-- I may look for it, too, and see what's up.

So don't worry, Shuntae, nobody's gonna 'wrassle you for your days--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Another day down...

Shuntae 4, Sweets 0.

No HFCS in there. Ingredients are: peanuts, evaporated cane juice, cocoa, cocoa butter, organic palm oil, vanilla, salt. I love this stuff with Granny Smith apples. I like to eat it at work when everyone else is hitting the vending machines.

Hmmmm-- evaporated cane juice sounds like a pretty way of saying sugar-- but, it's still not a "sweet" as previously defined-- so I still may look into it-- sounds great.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Another day down...

Shuntae 4, Sweets 0.

Hmmmm-- evaporated cane juice sounds like a pretty way of saying sugar-- but, it's still not a "sweet" as previously defined-- so I still may look into it-- sounds great.

I don't eat it too often or very much at a time because it's sweet with the apple, but it's often. It's a little pricey, but so worth it since a little goes a long way -but, if you buy the natural PB I'm not sure it costs much more. Guess it depends where you buy it. Not sure if you have a Super Walmart near you, but I found it there for a better price than my usual grocery store.

I agree about the evaporated cane juice, but I don't feel like it gives me the same crash as regular sugar.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Another day down...

Shuntae 4, Sweets 0.

I don't eat it too often or very much at a time because it's sweet with the apple, but it's often. It's a little pricey, but so worth it since a little goes a long way -but, if you buy the natural PB I'm not sure it costs much more. Guess it depends where you buy it. Not sure if you have a Super Walmart near you, but I found it there for a better price than my usual grocery store.

I agree about the evaporated cane juice, but I don't feel like it gives me the same crash as regular sugar.

Yes, I have one relatively close-- maybe I'll check it out. Sounds yummy.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Another day down...

Shuntae 4, Sweets 0.

Yes, I have one relatively close-- maybe I'll check it out. Sounds yummy.

I'm checking it out for sure! I'm a sucker for PB and apples! Its one of my fav post workout snacks, with a small glass of milk, perfect combo of protein, carbs, calcium, and a bit of natural sugars from the apple. mmmmm ok I'm going to do my work out for today then studying n hitting the hay! Thanks for the support today ladies!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Brenda- 2
    Sweets- 0

Brenda-- that's great-- after Christmas, let's pick another one-- Valentine's Day? Martin Luther King, Jr. day? Somethin' to keep it goin'. I feel so much better.

I don't know if I could make it from Christmas to Valentine's Day...my daughter's birthday is smack in the middle there, and she's getting DQ ice cream cake. That will be my one exception. Is that sad that I'm planning sweets 2 months in advance? lol
  • chantybear
    Options
    Another day down...

Shuntae 4, Sweets 0.

That peanut butter is so delicious...same with white chocolate wonderful....!!! I think it would be okay, just don't eat lots...(like I do!)
  • chantybear
    Options
    Chanty: 1
    Sweets: 3

I will catch up soon! :) I am very content currently with yogurt + pineapple + blueberries..yum!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Wow! Go away for a while and the no sweets group is growing! It's great. By the time we hit Thanksgiving there were only a few of us still coming on here, let's not let that happen for this time!

Lori-4
    Sweets- 0

Let me tell you, I WORKED for that today. First, my 9 year old offered me the Nutter Butter and Peppermint Patty. After dinner the 12 year old and I were working together and he took a break for a Klondike bar and asked if I was going to have one. For REAL? My kids never offer me food! What is up? We had 2 birthday cakes when I was doing no sweets until Thanksgiving and nobody even mentioned the fact that I didn't eat any or asked why I wasn't.

I'm starting to wonder if hubs is putting them up to it or something just to test me. :laugh: