No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    Hey ladies...looks we're all doing great so far!

Shuntae- 5
    Sweets- Nada, zip, zilch, ZERO

I do know I'll be having a planned treat on Dec. 23; we are having a double date at the Cheesecake Factory. (Yes, I do know how bad this is and I have the full intention of working out like a madwoman to enjoy it.)

supermom- I was also thinking about going to Starbucks this morning, but luckily for me I was running late and didn't have time. I know I can change up the White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha to have skim milk and no whipped cream, but it's still not so good for me.

Shuntae,

you are a woman after my own heart hahahah I LOVE White Chocolate Peppermint Mochas!!! My hubby used to work at starbucks way back when and he use to bring me one on days he got off of work before I did... so its kind of a nostalgic thing as well as a LOVE for it.. A tall with no whipped cream and nonfat milk I think is still like 370 cals.. ugh... good thing we stuck it out!!!

I had one over the weekend (the slightly less horrible way we talked about), but only because I ran 9 miles earlier in the day. So worth it...not on a normal day, though. :tongue:

hhmm I cant run 9 miles but maybe I should work up to it just so I can treat myself to one, hahaha!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    You all are Super Rock Stars!

gold_star.jpg

My temptations are mine alone. I live alone, so no goodies staring me in the face from the countertops - cupboards - fridge - so you all impress me and inspire me.

I am about to go on an eight day trip that will, I'm sure, test my resolve on this. I'm pretty sure there will not be an abundance of healthy foods. I am going out of the country, so I can't even take my own food. Should be a good challenge for me.

Just FYI. Ten prunes in one sitting are too many. :noway: They were so sweet and good.....they should count. But I'm not counting them.

Have a great day, and remember you are sweet enough as it is! No need to add any more.

Cheryl - 5
    Sweets - 0
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Just FYI. Ten prunes in one sitting are too many. :noway: They were so sweet and good.....they should count. But I'm not counting them.

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh. It reminded me of something I would say.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Checking in from work again... still no internet at home. I'm such a creature of habit, and so routine oriented, so moving has completely thrown off my routine and is really messing me up. Without tracking my calories, and holding myself accountable I sturggled yesterday... we'll just leave it at that. Didn't have candy or ice cream or anything, but I had too much of a "junk food" cereal. I'm hoping to have internet at home by tonight, and I'll be back on track for good. I've missed being able to check in here and have the support of all my fellow "no-sweeties" :wink:

Glad to hear most of you are doing well... I need to follow in your footsteps a little bit better!
  • chantybear
    Options
    Hi everyone! I didn't post yesterday (I think) I am going to be on hiatus because of everything going on with school.

Chanty - 3
    Sweets - 3
  • 72lori
    Options
    Plans to make apple crisp for the family tonight for dinner. It's a weakness. Wish me luck. My recipe really isn't hideous. The only bad part is just in the crisp on top. I think once I add the cinnamon, salt and water to the apples, I'll take a little out for myself and bake it seperately. I can always dump some of my natural granola on top for my crisp. Maybe I should make sure it all disappears at dinner too. Leftovers of apple crisp call to me. LOUD.
  • ae11509
    Options
    I just joined today, but back filled my food for yesterday so I have it started as of the first of the month. I will try very hard to avoid the desserts until Christmas. I do have a Holiday Party that I am going to on December 13th and I know that I will be having dessert. This is a hard one, I have a horrible sweet tooth.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    No sweets yet today and I busted my but for 80 minutes working out today so theres no way I'm letting anything sweet pass my lips n ruin what I've worked hard for. Is it too early to already count today?? I'm just feeling so pumped after that workout and I'm making beef teriyaki with tons of veggies- broccoli, carrots, green beans, onion, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas, and bok choy! I can't wait!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Plans to make apple crisp for the family tonight for dinner. It's a weakness. Wish me luck. My recipe really isn't hideous. The only bad part is just in the crisp on top. I think once I add the cinnamon, salt and water to the apples, I'll take a little out for myself and bake it seperately. I can always dump some of my natural granola on top for my crisp. Maybe I should make sure it all disappears at dinner too. Leftovers of apple crisp call to me. LOUD.

Can you just bake a half size dessert? Smaller portions for everyone and no leftovers. :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to head out shopping, so I'm going to claim today before I leave. A little extra incentive. If I come home and edit my post to say I've had sweets...someone smack me.

Brenda- 4
    Sweets- 0

Hope everyone is having a great day.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Strawberries are not a "sweet",,,
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I'm getting ready to head out shopping, so I'm going to claim today before I leave. A little extra incentive. If I come home and edit my post to say I've had sweets...someone smack me.

Brenda- 4
    Sweets- 0

Hope everyone is having a great day.

:laugh: I have a great cyber-smack-emo, and I'm more than willing to break it out!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Seriously, people-- candy and crap everywhere I turn today-- went to Wal-Mart-- oh my-- everywhere. Went to the grocery store. Had to pass the bakery. I was tired and hungry-- dying for something sweet-- past the ice cream, cookies, candy-- oh my gosh.

And I went to produce and bought one perfect golden delicious apple-- go me.

Score Marla - 5, Sweets -0 (I think-- or did I lose count?)

Hey, Marla,

I meant to tell you yesterday how proud I am of you for that one perfect golden delicious apple. Go you , indeed :flowerforyou:

Why do the grocers want to kill their customers? Doesn't make sense...*scratches head*:ohwell:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thank you, my dear Cheryl-- I felt very victorious.

I shall consider today in the bag-- Marla 6, Sweets 0-- heading out to run in a bit (in the rain-- :grumble: with the dog:angry::grumble: :mad: ) and I won't be thinkin' about sweets after that.

Hang in there peepers!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, this must be getting easier because my daughter had testing for math today and I told her I would take her out to lunch afterward. Of course that meant burgers and fries and I swear to you nothing good on their meno. UGH!!! Anyway they had candy cane milkshakes, oh my weakness and I didn't get one. Dd did and she keep saying, Mommy do you want a bite. NOOOOOOO!!! Then the side of her cup was dripping and I wiped it with a napkin and my finger had candy cane milkshake on it and I thought about licking it and then I pictured dear sweet Marla :tongue: and wiped it off on the napkin.

Wish me luck, we are off to a 4-H cookie exchange and I am going to post now so I don't weaken. If I didn't have that candy cane milkshake, I will not have a cookie.

Amanda - 3 (2 in a row)
    Sweets - 1
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Claiming today...just finished dinner and I've got a pot of tea on.

Shuntae 6
    Sweets NADA!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Confession time - my lovely ds came home and told me he needed two dozen cookies in approx 2 hours and so in my haste to figure out what to make I decided on fudge. Well as I was making it with "help" from dd, some splashed on my finger and I popped my finger in my mouth because it was hot and hurt like crazy. I didn't techinally swallow so I am not counting it though! :laugh:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    I'm claiming today, had my yummy beef teriyaki, a few wheat thins since I did an extra big workout today and I wasn't able to finish my dinner since my son got fussy at the table. Anyways, already brushed my teeth so YAY!

Carleen- 2
    Sweets- 3

Getting closer to evening that score!!
  • supermom1114
    Options

Would you mind sharing your recipe? Maybe not the crisp on top, I already make my own granola so I could spice it to compliment the apples.

and I like the idea that someone suggested, a half size crisp to give everyone smaller portion sizes and maybe you could try granola for everyone?? Nothings wrong with getting your family involved in being healthy =)
  • 72lori
    Options
    Confession time - my lovely ds came home and told me he needed two dozen cookies in approx 2 hours and so in my haste to figure out what to make I decided on fudge. Well as I was making it with "help" from dd, some splashed on my finger and I popped my finger in my mouth because it was hot and hurt like crazy. I didn't techinally swallow so I am not counting it though! :laugh:

Can't resist. Didn't swallow, huh? :laugh: Don't tell me I was the only one who thought it!

You are good and I'm proud of ya! Keep it up.

I'll report.

Lori- 6
    Sweets- nope