No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• Tasha73
    Options
    I made it thru another day with no sweets!! I was so busy today I almost forgot to eat lunch. I noticed I didn't have to drag myself out of bed like most mornings when I've eaten some sugary treat right before bed.

Tasha 2
    Sweets 0

This is getting easy.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Brenda- 2
    Sweets- 0

AND I just came back from Wal-Mart...I was so tempted. Really, having a set date helps keep you motivated, because if I wasn't doing this challenge, I would be enjoying some chocolate right now. lol

Brenda-- that's great-- after Christmas, let's pick another one-- Valentine's Day? Martin Luther King, Jr. day? Somethin' to keep it goin'. I feel so much better.

I don't know if I could make it from Christmas to Valentine's Day...my daughter's birthday is smack in the middle there, and she's getting DQ ice cream cake. That will be my one exception. Is that sad that I'm planning sweets 2 months in advance? lol

Hey-- whatever works, right? So, we'll go from Christmas to your daughter's birthday-- and then maybe on til Valentine's Day-- St. Patrick's Day? Easter? Memorial Day? Who knows-- lots of options, friends.

Ain't no stoppin' us nowwwww--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Chanty: 1
    Sweets: 3

I will catch up soon! :) I am very content currently with yogurt + pineapple + blueberries..yum!
    Aha-- I knew you could-- way to go--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Wow! Go away for a while and the no sweets group is growing! It's great. By the time we hit Thanksgiving there were only a few of us still coming on here, let's not let that happen for this time!

Lori-4
    Sweets- 0

Let me tell you, I WORKED for that today. First, my 9 year old offered me the Nutter Butter and Peppermint Patty. After dinner the 12 year old and I were working together and he took a break for a Klondike bar and asked if I was going to have one. For REAL? My kids never offer me food! What is up? We had 2 birthday cakes when I was doing no sweets until Thanksgiving and nobody even mentioned the fact that I didn't eat any or asked why I wasn't.

I'm starting to wonder if hubs is putting them up to it or something just to test me. :laugh:

Kids-- whaddyagonnado, eh? Good job, Mrs. Eckel!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I made it thru another day with no sweets!! I was so busy today I almost forgot to eat lunch. I noticed I didn't have to drag myself out of bed like most mornings when I've eaten some sugary treat right before bed.

Tasha 2
    Sweets 0

This is getting easy.

Tasha-- great job-- !!!!!!!! It is a big difference, isn't it, without all the crap?
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Well I did great today until about two hours ago. I already lost this challenge. I am not asking somebody to hold my hand or tell me it is okay. It is not, but I am moving forward. VERY emotional night here with my 14 ds, not sure what is up with him, but it was not pretty, and I just lost it. I will start over tomorrow and move forward.

Marla, you can tell me to snap out of it if you want, but I already have and moving forward. I didn't gain anything, just as soon as the sweetness was gone the anxiety came back, actually it never went away, food doesn't solve anything but real hunger.

Amanda - 1
    Sweets -1
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Well I did great today until about two hours ago. I already lost this challenge. I am not asking somebody to hold my hand or tell me it is okay. It is not, but I am moving forward. VERY emotional night here with my 14 ds, not sure what is up with him, but it was not pretty, and I just lost it. I will start over tomorrow and move forward.

Marla, you can tell me to snap out of it if you want, but I already have and moving forward. I didn't gain anything, just as soon as the sweetness was gone the anxiety came back, actually it never went away, food doesn't solve anything but real hunger.

Amanda - 1
    Sweets -1

Amen Amanda. It's a learning experience, right? (Not hand holding- it's true)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Wow! Go away for a while and the no sweets group is growing! It's great. By the time we hit Thanksgiving there were only a few of us still coming on here, let's not let that happen for this time!

Lori-4
    Sweets- 0

Let me tell you, I WORKED for that today. First, my 9 year old offered me the Nutter Butter and Peppermint Patty. After dinner the 12 year old and I were working together and he took a break for a Klondike bar and asked if I was going to have one. For REAL? My kids never offer me food! What is up? We had 2 birthday cakes when I was doing no sweets until Thanksgiving and nobody even mentioned the fact that I didn't eat any or asked why I wasn't.

I'm starting to wonder if hubs is putting them up to it or something just to test me. :laugh:

Kids-- whaddyagonnado, eh? Good job, Mrs. Eckel!!

Am I the only one who forces my child to do this with me? :tongue:
  • Marla64
    Options

Amanda - 1
    Sweets -1

Amanda-- my friend-- I will never snap a girl when she's down-- you're beating yourself up enough. Kids can truly get the better of us-- and people will turn to lots of things for comfort--

You're right-- food doesn't make us feel better unless it's satisfying our hunger. The temporary high we think we want is followed by so much blech--

Hang in there, my friend-- :flowerforyou: you won today by being cognizant of the issue-- take comfort in what you did right, and move on-- one battle at a time, sweetie.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Thanks Marla, I am sitting here crying, he has always been such the level kid, the one to help me, the one to get up with me at 2 or 3 am with the screaming 5 year old. The one to call me to check on me, to offer his support and this 8th grade year has been hard on him. He is not in any trouble at school and still is pulling A and Bs except in one class in which he refuses to even try, teacher conflict. He is just mouthy and says things lately like I don't like him and we hate him because he is currently grounded for a F on the test in which he refused to study for. The class he doesn't like. We tp;d him if he refused to study then if he got below a C he would be grounded. Now he has to pay the consequences. I told him we have all had bosses we didn't like, you just have to get along with them and he only has 6 months left in the 8th grade! He can man up and just do it. :mad:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Thanks Marla, I am sitting here crying, he has always been such the level kid, the one to help me, the one to get up with me at 2 or 3 am with the screaming 5 year old. The one to call me to check on me, to offer his support and this 8th grade year has been hard on him. He is not in any trouble at school and still is pulling A and Bs except in one class in which he refuses to even try, teacher conflict. He is just mouthy and says things lately like I don't like him and we hate him because he is currently grounded for a F on the test in which he refused to study for. The class he doesn't like. We tp;d him if he refused to study then if he got below a C he would be grounded. Now he has to pay the consequences. I told him we have all had bosses we didn't like, you just have to get along with them and he only has 6 months left in the 8th grade! He can man up and just do it. :mad:

Hugs Amanda. Hang in there. He's still the sweet kid you know, just having a hard time.
  • Marla64
    Options
    14 year old males suck, Amanda-- been there-- oh my-- the stories I could tell.

Hang in there!!!!!!!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    does butter butter and jam count as sweets?

I don't count it-- I consider all the desserty kinda crud--

That is what I thought, but just checking! :) Thanks Marla.

I asked the same before, but maybe my question seemed rethorical. If they don't, then neither does dry fruit, so my fruitcake is also OK and this means I've actually been good from the moment I signed up for this challenge. :wink:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    does butter butter and jam count as sweets?

I don't count it-- I consider all the desserty kinda crud--

That is what I thought, but just checking! :) Thanks Marla.

I asked the same before, but maybe my question seemed rethorical. If they don't, then neither does dry fruit, so my fruitcake is also OK and this means I've actually been good from the moment I signed up for this challenge. :wink:

You are good. You can give up everything with sugar in it if you want. Most of us are more concerned with the 'junk' sugar stuff. I still eat fat free vanilla yogurt (full of sugar), fruits and on occasion some cereal like raisin bran or kashi (fairly high in sugar). Usually those things are satisfying to me and don't make me crave more. Now if I ate a bowl of ice cream, I'd be dying for a cookie and cake.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Good Morning ladies!!!

I hope everyone is off to a great day!!! I had planned a while back to go to starbucks today because they'll donate a part of the proceeds of any drink purchase to the World Aids Fund...but now that I've started this challenge I'm not going, if I want to help a cause I can just donate myself not buy a drink that only a part of the proceeds will go towards. So no sugars for me today, I'm going to make it!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Forgot to come on here last night.

Samantha 2
    Sweets 0

I'm not counting the 1 sugar free piece of candy that I used to keep my mouth wet while I did my 9.5 minute speech last night.

Good Luck to everyone today!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Way to go, ladies-- !!!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just checking in real quick from work since we don't have internet at the new place yet... on Sunday I ate about 10 mini tootsie rolls and yesterday I had a reese's bar. It's no excuse, but with all the moving and craziness lately, I haven't been doing so well.

Kelynn- 2
    Sweets- 2 :angry:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    So I was feeling tempted earlier after Id gotten back from rushing around running errands... but then I had some whole wheat pasta, low sodium spaghetti sauce and lean meatballs for around 350 cals and I'm feeling full and ready to go... on to studying and then doing my first workout of the 30 day shred!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I just realized that should be

Samantha 3
    Sweets 0

onto today I have been doing great haven't had time to think let alone eat. Oh and my mom came over and I got rid of half of those stinky cupcakes that have been on the counter tempting me!!! Not that she or anyone she lives with needs them either but better they eat them then me!

I'll be back later to post my non sweets counter for today!