No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Confession time - my lovely ds came home and told me he needed two dozen cookies in approx 2 hours and so in my haste to figure out what to make I decided on fudge. Well as I was making it with "help" from dd, some splashed on my finger and I popped my finger in my mouth because it was hot and hurt like crazy. I didn't techinally swallow so I am not counting it though! :laugh:

Can't resist. Didn't swallow, huh? :laugh: Don't tell me I was the only one who thought it!

You are good and I'm proud of ya! Keep it up.

I'll report.

Lori- 6
    Sweets- nope

Haha.. you're not the only one. lol

I'm happy to report a successful second day!

Lisa - 2
    Sweets - ZERO!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Put up my tree instead of eating the sweets soooo

Samantha 5
    Sweets 0

I also have to say that while my girls were having dessert my oldest offered me a bit of her cookie which was dipped in chocolate milk and when I told her no thank you she got sad. I had to tell her that I really wanted it but I was full. Which was a lie but I didn't want to have to put a 1 by the sweets.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Question: with the scoring system we're using if I were to have a sweet at the family Christmas party on December 20th, would my score then become: Brenda 21, Sweets 1?
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    What will I do with 250 extra calories?

Ivy - 2
    Sweets- 0
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Question: with the scoring system we're using if I were to have a sweet at the family Christmas party on December 20th, would my score then become: Brenda 21, Sweets 1?

yep
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options

Can't resist. Didn't swallow, huh? :laugh: Don't tell me I was the only one who thought it!

Oh you are so funny! Ha-Ha!!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Makes you rethink your choices when you gotta give the other team a score, huh? :tongue:

It's all good though. The purpose of this is to make you aware. If you are planning out to eat something sweet 18 days in advance and worried about giving sweets a 1 you are aware my dear. That's the part that matters, much more than the number.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends--

Take the enemy captive today, troops-- don't give in. You are stronger than the food!!!

Blessings be yours this day--

Later!
  • BrendaLee
    Options

Makes you rethink your choices when you gotta give the other team a score, huh? :tongue:

It's all good though. The purpose of this is to make you aware. If you are planning out to eat something sweet 18 days in advance and worried about giving sweets a 1 you are aware my dear. That's the part that matters, much more than the number.

I KNOW! I would never have even considered not having sweets at the party, and now I'm sitting here thinking I may not. I'm somewhat hoping I won't even have any at Christmas, and I will just continue on the no sweets trail.

I'm excited to do my first weigh in that will be completely sweets-free in a long, long time.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

I KNOW! I would never have even considered not having sweets at the party, and now I'm sitting here thinking I may not. I'm somewhat hoping I won't even have any at Christmas, and I will just continue on the no sweets trail.

I'm excited to do my first weigh in that will be completely sweets-free in a long, long time.

I said the same thing when I was in the grove before Thanksgiving. Then I fell and fell hard. :ohwell: I hope you do it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Confession time - my lovely ds came home and told me he needed two dozen cookies in approx 2 hours and so in my haste to figure out what to make I decided on fudge. Well as I was making it with "help" from dd, some splashed on my finger and I popped my finger in my mouth because it was hot and hurt like crazy. I didn't techinally swallow so I am not counting it though! :laugh:

I'll report.

Lori- 6
    Sweets- nope

Seriously LOL here.

Too funny Amanda and Lori.

Amanda you are doing so well. Star.gif

I know it is hasrd when you first start this thing. It took me three months to get it right. Now I'm about to go on vacation.....yikes. hiding_behind_a_couch.gif
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat...having dinner at Cheesecake Factory on the 23rd and I don't want to give the the sweets a 1. Maybe BF and I can share a slice and I can just have a few bites. Lord knows, I sure don't need a whole slice of that to myself. :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    ~~Cheryl - 6
    (and I'm claiming 7 - today - now; cuz I don't think I'll be on the computer tomorrow - or while gone - leaving on vacation)

~~Sweets - 0

I will not give in while on vacation. I will not give in while on vacation. I will not give in while on vacation. I will not give in while on vacation. I will not give in while on vacation. I will not give in while on vacation. I will not give in while on vacation. I will not give in while on vacation.

......could you guys chant that for me daily, please? Thanks -

"And I will hear you." (what movie line is that quote?? answer on the 13th of Dec.)

Later, Sweeties!! :glasses:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Thought I would come on here and just say that in my psychology class today they were selling M&M's for 25 cents and I wanted to so bad then the guy next to me got a dollars worth and told me to give the other 3 packs to my kids. I put them in my purse right away so I wouldn't have to look at them then pulled out a breath mint so I wouldn't be able to smell the chocolate or I would have given in!!!!

We are going to the movies too. This just might be the first time I have ever went to the movies and didn't have candy with me. Hope I can make it.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Ahh...having intense cravings today.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Sam, YOU CAN MAKE IT! GO SAM GO!
  • Marla64
    Options
    woo hooooo-- coming here to McCrow-- just went to McDonald's to get my daughter a McCafe. Thought briefly about getting one-- a mocha, since coffees aren't on my McList of things I was McCutting out this month.

But the picture of the McChocolate on the top of the McMocha just looked too McNaughty.

So I got her the McMocha and drove a bit further down to Dunkin Donuts and got a iced turbo with just cream-- no sugar.

Woot-- woot-- woot-- you raise me up, people.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Just have to share...

My best friend came over last night and gave me my birthday present... a tin of handmade chocolate and peanut butter fancy chocolate candies :noway: I can't lie... I ate one... or two!

I guess you guys will probably consider me a failure.:ohwell: I suppose I'm doing "far less sweets til Christmas" than none at all...
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just have to share...

My best friend came over last night and gave me my birthday present... a tin of handmade chocolate and peanut butter fancy chocolate candies :noway: I can't lie... I ate one... or two!

I guess you guys will probably consider me a failure.:ohwell: I suppose I'm doing "far less sweets til Christmas" than none at all...

Homemade chocolate and peanut butter candies? I would have been hard pressed to stop at one or two. You're staying aware of it-- take from it what positive you can and press on.
  • Marla64
    Options
    My rotten 10 year old just baked peanut butter cookies-- tantrum.gif

I love peanut butter cookies. :sad:

:wink:

I even had one in my hand to blow on it to cool it for Caleb-- yowsa.

But I didn't eat it-- woot woot woot--

I am woman--