No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    oh i failed... i went to a baby shower tonight and had to bring my son. He wasn't fussy but just trying to keep up with him or keep him entertained was difficult. I felt bad bringing my cute little guy to someone elses baby shower, like he was stealing the show or something... especially since hes just started walking pretty much all the time so everyone was going nuts over him... so i caved n had a thin slice of carrot cake with cream cheese icing... I actually didnt finish it but i was kicking myself on the way home... now I have to give another point to the damn sweets... ugh.. however I did work out an hour and twenty minutes today and had pretty much no dinner to speak of and only a bowl of cereal for lunch, its been a hectic day, so I dont think it'll mess with weight gain but Im still upset about it..ggrrr

sadly...

Carleen 3
    Sweets 4
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Brenda- 5
    Sweets- 1
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Headed to a party where there will be sweets calling to me. I have to keep reminding myself of all the times I can't wait to have something at these kind of events only to eat it and realize it wasn't all that great.

So when I really want something, I will keep telling me I'm not missing much. And if my kids stand next to me 'oooing and ahhhing' over how good something tastes, I'm bopping 'em.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was too hungry last night when food was served and the main dish came in a small serving, so I gave in and had an apple cake to supplement it. It wasn't too sweet, though, and I did not take the vanila pudding they served it with. Still, to be fair

Dew: 6 - Sweets: 1
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So far so good for me. Cake given to 2 of the 3 other people in my house candy out of the advent calendar and still nothing for me.

I have got to the point just today that I am not even craving sweets. We will see about that in about a week though. Mother Nature will be bringing me an unwanted gift!!:grumble: :grumble:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I'm Claiming today!

Samantha 8
    Sweets NULL
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good job, Sam!!!!!!

So far, so good-- close enough that I can claim the day.

Marla 9
    Sweets 0
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey sweeties!

Just in from dinner and have a nice, full belly...done eating for the day.

Shuntae 9
    Sweets ZERO
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone!!

Lisa - 5
    Sweets - 0 :happy:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I lost 0.8 pounds take that sugar!

Ivy - 5
    Sweets - nyet
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good job, Sam!!!!!!

So far, so good-- close enough that I can claim the day.

Marla 9
    Sweets 0

Ehhh-- I officially have to retally-- kids are baking frosted sugar cookies and Ginger snaps-- I'm all set to deal with that temptation. But, just picked up 10 year old from birthday party, and they sent goodies home-- they looked good, so I tasted 'em-- and they were awful. But, still-- I ate it--

So I'll retally in the spirit of honesty and accountability-- (fudgesicles)

Marla 8
    Sweets 1
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Well I thought I would be posting on here

Amanda - 5

Sweets -2

I had found out we were going to the big town today and I decided that I would have a candy cane milkshake, put it in my calories and everything. Thought about how good it was going to taste and on the way out of town we stopped at the fast food restaurant to get one and when it came my turn to order, at the LAST second I thought I am not ready to give in to sweets so I heard myself say, "just a large water please." My dh and son just looked at me since I had been talking about it all day and it was my idea to go there. I was completely happy with my water. I will have one before Christmas, just not today.

SO

AMANDA - 6
    SWEETS - 1
  • Marla64
    Options

Amanda - 5

Sweets -2

I had found out we were going to the big town today and I decided that I would have a candy cane milkshake, put it in my calories and everything. Thought about how good it was going to taste and on the way out of town we stopped at the fast food restaurant to get one and when it came my turn to order, at the LAST second I thought I am not ready to give in to sweets so I heard myself say, "just a large water please." My dh and son just looked at me since I had been talking about it all day and it was my idea to go there. I was completely happy with my water. I will have one before Christmas, just not today.

SO

AMANDA - 6
    SWEETS - 1

Soooooooooooo proud of you, Amanda-- wowwwwww-- great job.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 3,001 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, this No sweets till Christmas sounds like "Fun". I'm in....If it's okay that I join in at this late date?
    Sherry - 0
    Sweets-0
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Amanda, that is awesome!

Amanda - 5

Sweets -2

SO

AMANDA - 6
    SWEETS - 1
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I've been letting my emotions get the best of me, and I need to stop.

Brenda- 5
    Sweets- 2
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    If it's not too late, I would like to join this challenge. The more accountable I have to be the better I usually do but sweets are definitely a WEAKNESS of mine.

Chocolickkyss: 0
    Sweets: 0
  • Marla64
    Options
    Sherry and Choco-- never too late to join-- welcome--

Brenda-- hang in there. Day by day, that's what it's all about. Press on.

After I gave yesterday's score to sweets, I indulged in more cookies-- whaddyagonnado?

Today, they won't defeat me-- day by day, my friends.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Amanda- awesome job girl!

Sam- glad you are not phased by the sweets right now

Marla- see, that's what I am talking about . All those sweets that look delish, made by somebody else, you eat it and it's not all that. Also, had I cheated on something not good and known there were homemade 'for real' good stuff at home, I would have cheated even more too. I think it comes with the territory of this addiction.

I can claim yesterday, Lori 9, Sweets 0. I was at a party with sweets galore. Cookies, cakes, pies, this big awesome looking chocolate chip cookie with this yummy icing all around the top, which was calling to me so freaking loud. I ignored it. I can ignore my kids when they are loud and bothersome, I can certainly ignore a cookie!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Way to go, Lori !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be strong today, my friends--