No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    I need some encouragement ladies... today has just been SO stressful, I had to take my son for his big hearing test before he gets tubes put in his ears. It was down in galveston and I don't know the island very well and I got lost. Then the dr said he has some slight hearing lost, but that it should go away after the tubes are put in and the fluid drains. Oh gosh... i just want him to be ok, to not have any hearing loss... ugh... and then some jerk parked the longest truck I've ever seen only like 3/4 of the way into the parking spot so he was sticking half way out into the lane in the parking garage.. oh did I mention it was right behind me and as I was trying to shimmy my car out(having to pull back n turn, up n turn, back n turn, up n turn) I ended up hitting him, not hard but just a tap, no damage but still UGH!! I'm just stressing so bad.. I was SO tempted to go to dairy queen and get a candy cane blizzard thing... ugh I just want something sweet SOSSSOOOOO bad right now... Theres a drawer full of hershey kisses, m&ms, cookies, oreos, reeses peanut butter cups... yea my parents both have a major sweet tooth.. im even pulled up some cookies and held them in my hand n just looked at them.... i wanted to eat them SO bad... but i put them back and had two fig newtons.. dont know if those count as sweets but they definitely didnt help my craving but at least took away some of the hunger behind it.. And I havent gotten to work out today because my son didnt take his morning nap and slept in the car to and from the doctors office so I won't get a chance to work out until he goes to bed tonight. But I'll be watching the biggest loser finale... I'm just hoping I can hold out on eating sweets.... gosh.... i really really want some... i also want something spicy really bad too... like spicy hot wings.... with ranch.... aaahhh!!!! I don't know what to do.. no one else is going to be home tonight, my mom has night school and my dad is closing so I'm just eating leftovers from something... im so tempted to go out and get hot wings and that blizzard... but the thought of eating all that crap tonight while watching the biggest loser is sad... id feel like such a failure... but it would taste so good... ugh... i wish my hubby wasnt in iraq and i could just cuddle with him and he'd make everything ok.. plus he could watch the little guy so I could work out... sorry this turned into a complete rant I'm just really really being challenged right now....
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I need some encouragement ladies... today has just been SO stressful, I had to take my son for his big hearing test before he gets tubes put in his ears. It was down in galveston and I don't know the island very well and I got lost. Then the dr said he has some slight hearing lost, but that it should go away after the tubes are put in and the fluid drains. Oh gosh... i just want him to be ok, to not have any hearing loss... ugh... and then some jerk parked the longest truck I've ever seen only like 3/4 of the way into the parking spot so he was sticking half way out into the lane in the parking garage.. oh did I mention it was right behind me and as I was trying to shimmy my car out(having to pull back n turn, up n turn, back n turn, up n turn) I ended up hitting him, not hard but just a tap, no damage but still UGH!! I'm just stressing so bad.. I was SO tempted to go to dairy queen and get a candy cane blizzard thing... ugh I just want something sweet SOSSSOOOOO bad right now... Theres a drawer full of hershey kisses, m&ms, cookies, oreos, reeses peanut butter cups... yea my parents both have a major sweet tooth.. im even pulled up some cookies and held them in my hand n just looked at them.... i wanted to eat them SO bad... but i put them back and had two fig newtons.. dont know if those count as sweets but they definitely didnt help my craving but at least took away some of the hunger behind it.. And I havent gotten to work out today because my son didnt take his morning nap and slept in the car to and from the doctors office so I won't get a chance to work out until he goes to bed tonight. But I'll be watching the biggest loser finale... I'm just hoping I can hold out on eating sweets.... gosh.... i really really want some... i also want something spicy really bad too... like spicy hot wings.... with ranch.... aaahhh!!!! I don't know what to do.. no one else is going to be home tonight, my mom has night school and my dad is closing so I'm just eating leftovers from something... im so tempted to go out and get hot wings and that blizzard... but the thought of eating all that crap tonight while watching the biggest loser is sad... id feel like such a failure... but it would taste so good... ugh... i wish my hubby wasnt in iraq and i could just cuddle with him and he'd make everything ok.. plus he could watch the little guy so I could work out... sorry this turned into a complete rant I'm just really really being challenged right now....

I REALLY TRULY wish I had the words that would take all the cravings and temptations away b/c I know the feeling of wanting something so bad you can literally taste it. When I get like that I try to remind myself how AWFUL AND BAD I'll feel immediately after eating it and ITS NOT WORTH LOSING ALL THE HARD WORK YOU HAVE PUT IN.

It may not feel like it now but YOU'RE MUCH STRONGER THAN THAT!!!

I love sweets and when I'm craving something sweet I try to substitute it w/fruit....usually grapes b/c they're sweet and I absolutely love them. I'm not sure what healthy snacks you have that may curb the cravings but try substituting them instead of giving in.

GOOD LUCK!!!!.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. Your son will be fine. I had a horrible time with my ears, my mom did too in an era where tubes and medicine were not available. He will be fine. Plus worry does not change the outcome.

Step away from the cookie. Please don't take a bad day out on your body. You have suffered enough. Instead of the ice cream make a smoothie or mash a banana add walnuts drizzle with honey. Instead of hot wings have cajun baked chicken or chicken breast tender in hot wing sauce or tabasco sauce.

Peace to you:flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Brenda- 7
    Sweets- 3

:)
  • BrendaLee
    Options

It must be beyond stressful with your husband in Iraq. I had a lot of problems with my ears when I was little, and had tubes in- I have no problems with them now. To be honest, I think I was about 3 when I had it done, and I have no memories of it whatsoever. I do remember my mom making me wear a hat so the wind wouldn't get in my ears, but that's my only memory of the whole thing. I'm sure he won't have any permanent hearing loss. Fluid in the ear REALLY affects hearing. My daughter gets ear infections with fluid, and she can't hear a darn thing. Chin up, you'll be ok. :)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    I'm about to eat dinner and that will be it until the morning..........No dessert and no cravings either. I just scored again, whoohoo!

Chocolickkyss: 3
    Sweets: 0
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! I knew I just needed to get away from all the temptation so I took my son to the mall and power-walked for a few laps, made myself a hair appointment for tomorrow, looked at some cute clothes and reminded myself I want to be able to wear cute clothes and feel confident in them when my hubby comes home. Then I went to subway thinking they had the buffalo chicken sandwich still but they didnt, so I just got my turkey and ham but I added some hot sauce when I got home... but I locked myself out when I got home but I can't see my keys in the car and I cant find them on the ground anywhere up to my house.... ugh... Obviously I got inside with the spare key, but its a spare key to the back door so I had to carry my son through muck n mud to the gate to get to the backyard n then we were finally in.. phew.. I'm still feeling a slight craving but someone mentioned smashing up a banana and adding walnuts.. that actually sounds really good, but I'll prob use pecans. so my dinner to watch the biggest loser finally is my 6in sub and dessert is banana and pecans. I'm claiming today ladies and so proud of it!!!

Carleen-5
    Sweets- 6
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Also claiming the day..

Lisa - 8
    Sweets - 0
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Carleen- way to hang tough girl. Some days are like that. What you have to remind yourself is that you won't really feel any better after you eat the junk. Actually it will be worse, cause you'll be upset you did it.

I have read a few times in the past few days people mentioning hot chocolate. I've had it at a few freezing cold soccer games and never thought of it as a sweet. Ooops, my bad if it was one. Truly, I never even considered it to be one.

Hot chocolate is not something I have often, it's not something I crave, it's not something I would abuse. Therefore, I'm not counting it. For me a successful day is no desserts, cookies, cakes, pies, chocolate, candy or ice cream. THOSE things are the things are addictive to me- those are the ones that I'm winning against.

Lori- 12
    Sweets- 0
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Shame on me... we're tied.

Kelynn 6
    Sweets 6
  • supermom1114
    Options
    ok one last post and Im done for tonight.... My new FAV dessert is this-

1 banana
    2Tbsp Chopped pecans
    1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
    1/8(maybe 1/4) tsp vanilla
    pinch of salt

mush up banana then add all other ingredients. Put in freezer for at least an hour, then eat!! SSSOOOO GOOODDDD!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Dinner eaten, so I am claiming the day

Shuntae 12
    Sweets NADA!

Lori- I really like your thought about hot cocoa. Not sure if that's because it would justify it for me or what, but I have to agree with you.:wink: I don't really crave it -or even think about it- but it would certainly be a nice once in a rare while change from my afternoon tea.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    ok one last post and Im done for tonight.... My new FAV dessert is this-

1 banana
    2Tbsp Chopped pecans
    1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
    1/8(maybe 1/4) tsp vanilla
    pinch of salt

mush up banana then add all other ingredients. Put in freezer for at least an hour, then eat!! SSSOOOO GOOODDDD!!!

Now I wish I liked bananas...this sounds pretty good!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Carleen- way to hang tough girl. Some days are like that. What you have to remind yourself is that you won't really feel any better after you eat the junk. Actually it will be worse, cause you'll be upset you did it.

I have read a few times in the past few days people mentioning hot chocolate. I've had it at a few freezing cold soccer games and never thought of it as a sweet. Ooops, my bad if it was one. Truly, I never even considered it to be one.

Hot chocolate is not something I have often, it's not something I crave, it's not something I would abuse. Therefore, I'm not counting it. For me a successful day is no desserts, cookies, cakes, pies, chocolate, candy or ice cream. THOSE things are the things are addictive to me- those are the ones that I'm winning against.

Lori- 12
    Sweets- 0

Well, actually-- this may sound silly-- but I rather feel that way about the Crunch n' Munch we bought at Wal-Mart today-- hubs and I were walking around Wal-Mart and bought a box for the two younger boys, and I had some. But, this really isn't something I thought of when I did the no-sweets challenge-- I can walk away from it in a heartbeat.

It's the cakes, candies, chocolates, pies-- that stuff that kills me-- so, I'm still claiming it as a victory--

Heading to run in a bit-- and am so tired-- hormones all flooey lately-- lovely being mid-40s, lemme tell ya--
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    My mom bought me a king size twix :noway: . But it still sits on my desk.

Ivy 7
    Sweets 1
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I just did the craziest thing. My sister was bringing me donuts from Tim Horton's, and I called her back, and told her not to bring them. I really wanted those donuts. :ohwell: I plan on having a Blizzard on Friday, and I want to enjoy it relatively guilt-free...if I ate the donuts tonight, I wouldn't be able to have a treat on Friday and feel ok about it.

And I already claimed today, so whatcha gonna do? :)
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    BrendaLee - great job!!!

Well my kids and dh made rosette cookies tonight and I just ate one, which lead to two and then three and more. I enjoy the first two and not sure why I kept eating but I did. When I stopped at 7, I just shook my head and thought why????

Amanda - 7

Sweets - 2
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    ok so today was very hard I am PMSing and I am really craving SUGAR!!!! I have to admit that I........

Didn't eat one sweet today!!!!

Samantha 11
    Sweets 000000000000000000000000
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I should have clarified by my earlier post was as of last night. I don't like to post too early in the day just in case I have a slip up at night.

So, calling it a day...

Kelynn 7
    Sweets 6... I'm back in first place... pathetic, I know- but baby steps :blushing:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Dew: 8
    Sweets: 2

happy dance :smile: