No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Not 20 minutes into this challenge and my daughter walks by eating a rice krispy treat and says "want a bite mom" and I was like sure, uh, I mean no thank you. 20 minutes I have survived! :laugh:

That's what it's all about, Amanda-- one bite at a time. Way to go.

Some days it feels like 5 minutes at a time! Good job.
  • 72lori
    Options
    I need to do this so badly! I've been living on sweets lately...I'm going to give it a go. Pretty much guaranteed I will have sweets on Christmas day, but I think (maybe) I can give them up until then. Eek. lol. I'm so weak. How many days until Christmas? :tongue:
    Glad you are joining us. You can do it!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in here and I just put water on for a cup of tea instead of the pudding that I really want (it is sugar free, but still not so good for me). Just had dinner and this time is always tough, but I got this.

The day isn't over yet, but I'm claiming it...Day 3 done.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'm checking n ihere and I just put water on for a cup of tea instead of the pudding that I really want (it is sugar free, but still not so good for me). Just had dinner and this time is always tough, but I got this.

Yepper-- Marla - 3, Sweets - 0
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    So I had a small and when I say small I really mean small taste of the icing I made to make sure it was right... and I had to level one of the cakes and I tasted the crumbs to make sure the cake was right... I tried talking myself out of it but its for a grade and I wanted to make sure they had the flavors I intended... ugh... Other than that I've been good all day. I did have a piece of dark chocolate but I really don't count that as sweets... its 86% cacao, pretty bitter yet surprisngly good stuff, it had just enough sweet to appease me...

what are ya'lls thoughts on dark chocolate??

Hmmmm-- personally, I'd GONG the chocolate-- dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate-- chocolate is chocolate-- for me it's a no-no--

I agree. If I could have just 1 square of dark chocolate for the health benefits, I would do that, but I buy a bar with the intention of having 1 square a day...and eat the whole thing.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me and I am craving that cupcake on the counter. I will over come this. Just like I have everything else today. So I will do like shuntae and say

Samantha 2
    Sweets 0
  • 72lori
    Options
    I'm checking in here and I just put water on for a cup of tea instead of the pudding that I really want (it is sugar free, but still not so good for me). Just had dinner and this time is always tough, but I got this.

After dinner is the WORST time for me!

Lori- 3
    Sweets- 0
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Brenda- 1
    Sweets- 0

:)
  • Marla64
    Options
    Woohoooooooo-- way to go, ladies--

Onward and upward-- have a great night.

See y'all tomorrow-- !!!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am posting this now because the marshmellows and chocolate chips are calling my name

Amanda - 1
    Sweets - 0
  • supermom1114
    Options

I feel you! For me its right before dinner thats the worst, stay strong!!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    So I had a small and when I say small I really mean small taste of the icing I made to make sure it was right... and I had to level one of the cakes and I tasted the crumbs to make sure the cake was right... I tried talking myself out of it but its for a grade and I wanted to make sure they had the flavors I intended... ugh... Other than that I've been good all day. I did have a piece of dark chocolate but I really don't count that as sweets... its 86% cacao, pretty bitter yet surprisngly good stuff, it had just enough sweet to appease me...

Hmmmm-- personally, I'd GONG the chocolate-- dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate-- chocolate is chocolate-- for me it's a no-no--

Yea I'm on the fence. The antioxidants are great from it which is why I buy as high a % of cacao as I can find but there have been times that I've had one piece and tasted that little bit of sweetness and then gone to craving worse things like cake or cookies. I'm definitely cutting back but at times when I miss my hubby and curl up and watch a sappy chick flick, one square of dark chocolate to really savor just can't be beat...
  • supermom1114
    Options

I agree. If I could have just 1 square of dark chocolate for the health benefits, I would do that, but I buy a bar with the intention of having 1 square a day...and eat the whole thing.

I know what you mean, but I buy a bag of Ghiradelli squares so they are individually wrapped squares plus since they're so expensive I only buy a bag every month or so and space them out. The thrifty side of me nags at me for buying such expensive chocolate so I push myself to stretch it as far as possible lol
  • Tasha73
    Options
    Made it thru day 1 without the sweets.

Tasha -1
    Sweets - 0
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Totally on board, good thread.:smile: WoW by Christmas I expect to be pretty close to my goal, Oh Yeah.:bigsmile:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Well, I had the ice cream cake for my Grandma's 80th birthday tonight, as planned. But, that lead to some of the mini tootsie rolls, too. That's the problem with darn sugar- if you have even a small amount of the junk, it leads to more :explode:

So,
    Kelynn-2
    Sweets-1 :ohwell:

Tomorrow's another day, and I PROMISE to be back on track!

We're moving tomorrow and might be without internet at the new place for a few days, so I'll check in again as soon as I can!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone. I am a morning poster, so having made it through yesterday.....

Score:

Cheryl -3 / Sweets - 0

yesssmileyf.gif
  • chantybear
    Options
    Hello everyone again! New week, and I am on board now..(at least trying to be...)

My sad score...

Chanty - 0
    Sweets - 3

Oh damn that score sucks, I will improve it though. No sweets today!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hello everyone again! New week, and I am on board now..(at least trying to be...)

My sad score...

Chanty - 0
    Sweets - 3

Oh damn that score sucks, I will improve it though. No sweets today!

LOL-- well, Chanty-- get 'er goin' today, my friend-- no sweets, today-- this time tomorrow the score will read Chanty -1, Sweets -3. You'll catch back up-- you can do it.

Cheryl, way to go--
  • chantybear
    Options
    Thanks for the confidence Marla! It sucks living right next to a little market that makes the best baked goods, and bread :(...Time to get off here and go study! Talk to you guys later :)