No sweets til Christmas~

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    I was thinking back over the past week and what I got from sugar. Here it is:

1. A racing heart from the high (that went on forever it seemed)
    2. Zits
    3. More of a muffin top than I had before (sugar goes straight to the gut, I swear!)
    4. Heart burn every dang time I ate some
    5. Five pounds I didn't have before
    6. An insatiable urge to eat more
    7. Hunger, eating sugar makes me feel like I'm starving all the freaking time.

So glad I left it back in my life. :grumble:
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good way to look at it Lori! What good do we get out of sugar anyway! I'm going to give it another try, seems like i lose more weight when i stay away from sweets.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try this too. I'll only allow myself to have some jam until we finish the jar. After that, sugar will come from cereal only (plus wherever they hide it, like bread and such :ohwell: ) and fruit :love: . I've got to do some thinking now and detect if there is other sweet stuff I'm having, but as far as I understand, deserts are the issue here. So for me the challenge will be when I'll step in the bakery, but I'll try to be good. :smile:

Marla, what's wrong with Greek yogurt?
    I'm already on board with the plain yogurt-- as long as it's not the Greek crap.

Can't take it-- blech.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    dew-- I just can't take the texture-- it's sooooo thick. Taste is okay, I guess-- but something about the spackle texture grosses me out.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    dew-- I just can't take the texture-- it's sooooo thick. Taste is okay, I guess-- but something about the spackle texture grosses me out.

I'm trying to think in which way the texture of the Mars bars could gross me out. :laugh:. I've got to come up with something!
  • Marla64
    Options

I'm trying to think in which way the texture of the Mars bars could gross me out. :laugh:. I've got to come up with something!

Yeah, good luck with that-- :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options

wait.gif...again with the big debate!!!!???? I won't mention "Y" again...(you know what "Y" is, right Marla?)

Cheryl - 1 Sweets - 0
  • Marla64
    Options

wait.gif...again with the big debate!!!!???? I won't mention "Y" again...(you know what "Y" is, right Marla?)

Cheryl - 1 Sweets - 0

of course not.:ohwell:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    of course not. :ohwell:

:laugh: yogurt??? maybe.....
  • Marla64
    Options
    of course not. :ohwell:

:laugh: yogurt??? maybe.....

:laugh: :laugh:
    Duhhhhh--
    :noway:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I just have to share this major victory for me...

We are moving, so I was cleaning out the freezer tonight, and found 2 containers of ice cream that I didn't know were in there. Ice cream is my absolute FAVORITE treat in the world (especially since I have to eat gluten free, so I can't have cake, pie, brownies, etc.). One of the containers of ice cream was pretty old so I opened it and wasn't sure if it was worth keeping or not. I had one very tiny bite to see if it was good or not and remembered I'm not eating sweets so I threw the whole container away. The other container I found while cleaning out the fridge is a single serving cup, but I'm not eating that either! I had a sugar-free pudding instead. I know the pudding isn't ideal, but it's certainly better than the alternative!

Hope everyone is doing well :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Great job, kelynn-- !!!!!!!! That's what makes this challenge so helpful-- keeps the topic in the front of your mind-- helps you to remember to stop before mindlessly popping the crap into the mouth-- go you!

Score today is Marla 2 - Sweets 0

And that's with pumpkin spice bars with homemade cream cheese frosting that we made for Caleb's birthday cake tonight-- truly one of my faves-- but I did not indulge--

Ain't no stoppin' us nowwwww-- we're on the move!!

Be strong tomorrow, my friends-- you are stronger than the food you eat!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here enjoying a very yummy dessert of plain yogurt with pumpkin, pecans and honey mixed into it. Also have some vanilla yogurt that I bet it would be awesome with too.

Day 1 complete.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Great job, kelynn-- !!!!!!!! That's what makes this challenge so helpful-- keeps the topic in the front of your mind-- helps you to remember to stop before mindlessly popping the crap into the mouth-- go you!

So true Marla... *mindless* is the perfect word. How disgusting that it's a habit to just throw this junk into our mouth without even thinking about it :ohwell:

1 day down...
    Kelynn-1
    Sugar 0 :drinker:
  • 72lori
    Options
    I got through yesterday too and it was easier than I expected.

Lori 1
    Sweets 0

Tee, hee! I love this keeping score thing.
  • chantybear
    Options
    Can I join? I am trying to stop my overeating of the sweets!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Can I join? I am trying to stop my overeating of the sweets!

Of course! Welcome.
  • Marla64
    Options
    hi Chanty-- welcome!

We need a young punk-- er, I mean, lady like you in the midst-- :wink:

Glad you're here!
  • chantybear
    Options
    Thanks Leckel!

Marla - not much of a punk, but....thanks? Hello :)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Thanks Leckel!

Marla - not much of a punk, but....thanks? Hello :)

Chantybear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!zvprw7.gifhug3.gifwiggle-1.gif

You found me! I missssseedd you. Marla is very nice. She's been on my Tequila Cookie thread and I think she's mad she can't have a cookie.....or tequila, apparently, either :tongue: